Thread: Judgement begins at the House of God

Judgement begins at the House of God

1Pe_4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

That the period we are in since Christ.

Remember the trial period number is "40".

How long was Jesus in the Desert? - 40 days
    How long were the Israelites in the Wilderness - 40 Years.
    How long did the rains fall upon the earth - 40 days and nights.
    How long did Jonah warn Ninevah had to repent - 40 days

You see the Judgment is on the House of God for 40 Jubilees.

In the slave pits of manmade Christianity, setting the captives free.

Re: Judgement begins at the House of God

Quote Originally Posted by Hewillcome2040 View Post
    1Pe_4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

What trial period number is 40?

40 years is more than 12000 days, and 12 is the number of Apostles of the Lamb, the number of the 12 tribes, and the number of, well...

So why isn't 12 the magic number?

Seriously, this is so speculative and baseless.

Quote Originally Posted by RabbiKnife View Post
    What trial period number is 40?

40 years is more than 12000 days, and 12 is the number of Apostles of the Lamb, the number of the 12 tribes, and the number of, well...

So why isn't 12 the magic number?

Seriously, this is so speculative and baseless.
    Ok, if anyone else is interested, please let me know.

Apostle means "sent one". In Galatians 2:7 we find out to whom Peter is "sent". "But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter." So when Peter starts his 1st letter it is in 1st Peter 1:1-2;

1 "Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,
    2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied."

In verse 1 Peter is the "sent one" to "strangers". This is because the punishment according to Law for a broken Law was "scattering among all nations".
    In verse 2 the "strangers" are those Israelites who are in a "strange land", but which had turned to Jesus.

So when we come to Chapter 4 the subject has not changed. Peter is addressing converted ex-Israelites who were in the process of slipping back, not to Judaism as in the Book of Hebrews, but to the habits of the nations that they were dispersed in. The cause of backsliding was the "Fiery Trials" they were experiencing. Under the Law, things were much better. If a man or woman was obedient to the Law of Moses he/she was blessed. But in Christianity the rewards for whatever a Christian suffers cannot come before the Master - Jesus Christ, is rewarded. That is, our rewards are after Revelation Chapter 4 when Christ is crowned. This is not properly understood among Christians, let alone poor ex-Jews in dispersion. So Peter writes to these ex-Jews in dispersion with the clear teaching that the "fiery trials" are NOT God's judgement like it would be under Law, but a refining process to mature their faith.

• Peter teaches the ex-Jews that fiery trials are their portion - an why so
    • Peter warns the ex-Jews not to slip back to the habits of the nations that they are dispersed among
    • Peter encourages them to hang in because they, the House of God (the Church) will be judged first (at the Bema in the air (Rom.14:10; 2nd Cor.5:10).

The various judgements are:
    1. Christ is judged first and found perfect by the Father (Phil.2:8-11)
    2. The Church, the House of God, is judged in the air at the Second Coming of Christ
    3. The Nation of Israel is judged at the return of Christ
    4. The living of the Nations are judged by Jesus when His throne is set up in Jerusalem at the beginning of the Millennium (Matt.25:31-46)
    5. The "rest of the dead" are judged after the Millennium (Rev.20:11-13)

While I may not infer things not said, your pseudonym - "Hewillcome2040" - could be taken that you predict the Lord's Second Coming in 2040. So, while we all like to speculate, let us not forget Matthew 24:36. "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."

Quote Originally Posted by Walls View Post
    While I may not infer things not said, your pseudonym - "Hewillcome2040" - could be taken that you predict the Lord's Second Coming in 2040. So, while we all like to speculate, let us not forget Matthew 24:36. "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."
    I have started another thread on this subject of whether we can know the day and hour. And yes we can. And you should.

That thread is located here:

https://bibleforums.org/showthread.p...f-Jesus-Return

The very verse you referenced was said in the Present Tense and in no way implies that nobody can ever know.

As for the other statements. The Judgement must fit the pattern provided. If it doesn't fit the script then it was not established by the Prophets.

I have started another thread on this subject of whether we can know the day and hour. And yes we can. And you should.

That thread is located here:

https://bibleforums.org/showthread.p...f-Jesus-Return

The very verse you referenced was said in the Present Tense and in no way implies that nobody can ever know.

As for the other statements. The Judgement must fit the pattern provided. If it doesn't fit the script then it was not established by the Prophets.
    The statement is very clear to me. Perhaps you can show the grammar that allows someone - man or angel - to know that day. You have made a claim but with no supporting argument. And you pointedly avoided my posting. While I agree that 40 is the time of testing, what has that got to do with judgement? The time of judgement is 42.

Quote Originally Posted by Walls View Post
    The statement is very clear to me. Perhaps you can show the grammar that allows someone - man or angel - to know that day. You have made a claim but with no supporting argument.
    I've given the link already that goes to the other thread where I addressed those type of statements.

And you pointedly avoided my posting. While I agree that 40 is the time of testing, what has that got to do with judgement? The time of judgement is 42.
    I have sufficient evidence already posted about the accounts where the number 40 is used to depict Judgement.

I've given the link already that goes to the other thread where I addressed those type of statements.

I have sufficient evidence already posted about the accounts where the number 40 is used to depict Judgement.
    You started this thread. I answered THIS thread. I'll wait for your expanded argument - your exegesis, or I'll take it you ducked my request.

As to the number, 40 is truly the time of TESTING, as you said. But JUDGEMENT is:
    • 42 cities of refuge for one judged a manslayer
    • 42 months of no rain on Israel in judgement
    • 42 thousand Ephraimites slain in judgement
    • 42 youths slain by she-bears in judgement for mocking the prophet of God
    • 42 are slain in judgement by Jehu in the shearing house pit
    • 42 months of Great Tribulation - judgement on the whole earth
    • 42 generations from Abraham till Christ is murdered in Judgement for your, and my sins

C'mon bro. Let's debate 1st Peter 4? We can all learn something.

Thread Information