Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Genesis 6:3 - Jubilees

Re: Genesis 6:3 - Jubilees

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    How do you conclude this?
    It is in your Bible Fenris. I would love for you to understand this. Go to chapter 25 of Leviticus:

Lev 25:8* And thou shalt number seven sabbaths of years unto thee, seven times seven years; and the space of the seven sabbaths of years shall be unto thee forty and nine years.*
    Lev 25:9* Then shalt thou cause the trumpet of the jubile to sound on the tenth day of the seventh month, in the day of atonement shall ye make the trumpet sound throughout all your land.*
    Lev 25:10* And ye shall hallow the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout all the land unto all the inhabitants thereof: it shall be a jubile unto you; and ye shall return every man unto his possession, and ye shall return every man unto his family.*
    Lev 25:11* A jubile shall that fiftieth year be unto you: ye shall not sow, neither reap that which groweth of itself in it, nor gather the grapes in it of thy vine undressed.*

Notice we are to count the space of 49 years and the 50th year is a Jubilee, but since we are to count the space of 49 years that means the 50th year is also the 1st year of the next space of 49 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Hewillcome2040 View Post
    It is in your Bible Fenris. I would love for you to understand this. Go to chapter 25 of Leviticus:

Lev 25:8* And thou shalt number seven sabbaths of years unto thee, seven times seven years; and the space of the seven sabbaths of years shall be unto thee forty and nine years.*
    Lev 25:9* Then shalt thou cause the trumpet of the jubile to sound on the tenth day of the seventh month, in the day of atonement shall ye make the trumpet sound throughout all your land.*
    Lev 25:10* And ye shall hallow the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout all the land unto all the inhabitants thereof: it shall be a jubile unto you; and ye shall return every man unto his possession, and ye shall return every man unto his family.*
    Lev 25:11* A jubile shall that fiftieth year be unto you: ye shall not sow, neither reap that which groweth of itself in it, nor gather the grapes in it of thy vine undressed.*

Notice we are to count the space of 49 years and the 50th year is a Jubilee, but since we are to count the space of 49 years that means the 50th year is also the 1st year of the next space of 49 years.
    Yes, the 50th year is a jubilee. The fields lie fallow. The next year, the 51st, the seven year cycle begins anew.
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Yes, the 50th year is a jubilee. The fields lie fallow. The next year, the 51st, the seven year cycle begins anew.
    If that is the case then how many years are between the 42 year Sabbath and the 51st? Do you see the problem with your understanding?

If that is the case then how many years are between the 42 year Sabbath and the 51st? Do you see the problem with your understanding?
    Yes, there's an extra year. The 50th. Which is not part of any seven year cycle.
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

Can you show me the verse that shows that Adam was created in 4004BC? ;-) I know there is none. So, my answer is why I'm not using those dates is because I need a place to start. The Book of Jubilees will give you better understanding of where the timelines are. Hope that helps you.
    Can you show us the verse Adam was created in 3890 BC?

Using the Apocrypha books to make your case along with secular and pagan resources is completely unbiblical and totally invalidates your calculations.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Blog Entries

Yes, there's an extra year. The 50th. Which is not part of any seven year cycle.
    That's right, because the land rests. The new cycle starts the following year when crops are planted.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Well you can go with that. I'm going to go with Leviticus 25 and go with the space of the sabbath of years as 49 while you go with 50.

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    Can you show us the verse Adam was created in 3890 BC?

Using the Apocrypha books to make your case along with secular and pagan resources is completely unbiblical and totally invalidates your calculations.
    No I can't. I don't claim that He was created in 3890 BC.

Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure this is wrong. The jubilee year requires that the lands lie fallow and are not planted on. The following year one can plant again, and that's the first year of the new cycle.
    The Jubilee year does indeed require that the lands lie fallow.
    However think of the first Jubilee, when Israel entered the Promised Land.
    They didn't plant that year, but rather ate what was there from before.

The Sabbaths repeat regularly every 7 years. Your idea of a year out would be like going -
    Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday,
    Jubilee day

This would mean the Sabbath's would go out of sync.

The 1st year of the new cycle is ALWAYS the year AFTER the Sabbath year, whether planting occurs or not.

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    That's right, because the land rests. The new cycle starts the following year when crops are planted.
    Nope, the cycle is one of Sabbaths.
    The Jubilee is an extra year of lying fallow without being an additional year.

Well you can go with that. I'm going to go with Leviticus 25 and go with the space of the sabbath of years as 49 while you go with 50.
    Leviticus 25 says regarding the Jubilee: (25:21) I will order my blessing for you in the sixth year, so that it will yield a crop for three years.

Why would you need crops for three years? Because you can't plant in the 49th year and the 50th year. So even in the 51st year, you won't have crops because none were planted the previous year...so God has to provide enough crops for three years.

The chapter also says "And you shall hallow the fiftieth year", not the 49th.

Isaiah 54

Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post
    The Jubilee year does indeed require that the lands lie fallow.
    However think of the first Jubilee, when Israel entered the Promised Land.
    They didn't plant that year, but rather ate what was there from before.

The Sabbaths repeat regularly every 7 years. Your idea of a year out would be like going -
    Jubilee day

This would mean the Sabbath's would go out of sync.
    Unless it's a 50 year cycle, in which case there's no problem at all. This is not days of the week after all. It's just counting years.

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

Unless it's a 50 year cycle, in which case there's no problem at all. This is not days of the week after all. It's just counting years.
    There is a counting of years, as there is an EXPLICIT Sabbath cycle given which is to be kept. This is a problem as there is no 50 year cycle.

In fact Jeremiah stated that at least part of the reason why they were sent into exile was due to not keeping the Sabbath years. Another part was not keeping the Jubilees.

However in the Festivals, they have ADDITIONAL holy days which don't affect which day is a Sabbath. These holy days are ALSO Sabbaths, but are in addition to the regular ones. The Year of Jubilee seems to be stated as an ADDITIONAL year, which doesn't change the 7 year (weekly) cycle.

Blog Entries

Leviticus 25 says regarding the Jubilee: (25:21) I will order my blessing for you in the sixth year, so that it will yield a crop for three years.

Why would you need crops for three years? Because you can't plant in the 49th year and the 50th year. So even in the 51st year, you won't have crops because none were planted the previous year...so God has to provide enough crops for three years.

The chapter also says "And you shall hallow the fiftieth year", not the 49th.
    The 49th year is ALREADY hallowed - for it is the Sabbath year. Would NOT be a Sabbath Year IF the cycle was 50 years long.
    So every 7th year was hallowed, but there was an additional year which was hallowed IN ADDITION to the regular Sabbaths.

The Jubilee Year therefore is the 50th year from the restart of the cycle.

Blog Entries

No I can't. I don't claim that He was created in 3890 BC.
    How can we have a jubilee with no people?

Hewillcome2040,
    First of all I agree with Forhisglory on those cycle counts and how you add them up. I had a wonderful Hebrew teacher for a while that helped me understand the Jubilee cycles. I have often wondered why someone did not try and calculate in regards to Jubilee cycles. I do find what you have done very interesting. I noticed you use a lot of references to non cannonised scripture also in your writings. Many people have tried to use Enochs calendar to show how the Jewish people are off on their current calculations on years. Example like a year with 360 days compared to 365 etc. A current you tuber Scotty Clark is using stellarium and positions of sun, moon and stars to show this in amazing detail. I have always wondered how accurate our current calendar is due to all the different ones used in history from Gregorian all the way back to Enoch’s. In what we now call the constellations was biblically a story of the messiah in the stars that Hebrews use to tell their children stories of the coming messiah. Now days it’s considered pagan to look at those things merely because people forgot what it meant biblically. Satan is a master in disguise of good vs evil and making people take something God left us for benefit of learning and changing it to something nefarious. There are many references and quotes in the non canonized books that refer to scriptures in our current bibles. I was taught they were good for historical significance but not inspired. I think you must be very secure within ones Biblical prowess and study to read those books. With that being said, Did you consider trying to prove or disprove any of your dates by looking at Enoch or a stellarium program? I was just thinking that might be why some people are having problems with dates, due to the changes in calendars. I also find this quite fascinating. I am not saying I agree or disagree at this time but I am enjoying your post.

Thread Information