Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Soyuz launch to ISS aborted after booster failure; crew safe

  1. #1

    Soyuz launch to ISS aborted after booster failure; crew safe

    LAS CRUCES, N.M. — An American astronaut and Russian cosmonaut are reported to be in good condition after a problem with their Soyuz rocket minutes after liftoff Oct. 11 forced them to abort their mission to the International Space Station and make an an emergency landing in Kazakhstan.
    A Soyuz rocket carrying the Soyuz MS-10 spacecraft lifted off from Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan at 4:40 a.m. Eastern. The launch appeared to be normal until around first stage separation, when the crew reported a “failure” with the booster and feeling weightlessness.
    NASA Television reported that the spacecraft was in a ballistic descent after apparently separating from the Soyuz rocket, making a return to Earth rather than heading to the International Space Station. Search and rescue crews arrived at landing site 20 kilometers east of the Kazakh town of Dzhezkazgan. They reported that the two people onboard were in “good condition” and were extracted from the capsule about 90 minutes after liftoff.
    https://spacenews.com/breaking-soyuz...oster-failure/
    "The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure that it is right."


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    6,370
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Soyuz launch to ISS aborted after booster failure; crew safe

    It was chilling to hear them say "the escape tower has fired" but not being able to see anything on the screen. Thankfully this wasn't another human tragedy, and let's hope there isn't a huge toll on the people currently on ISS who were meant to return. But some good news is that the Russians basically know what caused the failure.
    여러분은 주님 안에서 항상 기뻐하십시오. 내가 다시 말합니다. 기뻐하십시오.
    모든 사람을 너그럽게 대하십시오. 주님께서 오실 날이 가까웠습니다. Philippians 4


  3. #3

    Re: Soyuz launch to ISS aborted after booster failure; crew safe

    Quote Originally Posted by Aviyah View Post
    It was chilling to hear them say "the escape tower has fired" but not being able to see anything on the screen. Thankfully this wasn't another human tragedy, and let's hope there isn't a huge toll on the people currently on ISS who were meant to return. But some good news is that the Russians basically know what caused the failure.
    yeah, it's good that it was a best case failure scenario. It makes me sad in a weird way that the US doesn't have its own capabilities to transport humans back and forth to ISS. I was reading that the astronauts up there can get back to earth, but there is uncertainty about when/if they can be relieved. It may also impact the unmanned tests for the SpaceX capsule...its feels like i'm never going to get to Mars at this rate.
    "The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure that it is right."


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    6,370
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Soyuz launch to ISS aborted after booster failure; crew safe

    Quote Originally Posted by BraveUlysesses View Post
    yeah, it's good that it was a best case failure scenario. It makes me sad in a weird way that the US doesn't have its own capabilities to transport humans back and forth to ISS. I was reading that the astronauts up there can get back to earth, but there is uncertainty about when/if they can be relieved. It may also impact the unmanned tests for the SpaceX capsule...its feels like i'm never going to get to Mars at this rate.
    I think the US will go to Mars when the general public has a motivation other than research, lol, or we find life.

    Fingers crossed for the mad scientist Elon Musk.
    여러분은 주님 안에서 항상 기뻐하십시오. 내가 다시 말합니다. 기뻐하십시오.
    모든 사람을 너그럽게 대하십시오. 주님께서 오실 날이 가까웠습니다. Philippians 4


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In the slave pits of manmade Christianity, setting the captives free.
    Posts
    17,064

    Re: Soyuz launch to ISS aborted after booster failure; crew safe

    That’s we get for subcontracting the space
    Program

  6. #6

    Re: Soyuz launch to ISS aborted after booster failure; crew safe

    Quote Originally Posted by Aviyah View Post
    I think the US will go to Mars when the general public has a motivation other than research, lol, or we find life.

    Fingers crossed for the mad scientist Elon Musk.
    If we put some humans up there then there will definitely be life on mars and it will be us. But yeah,I don't even know that finding life would do it (oh the conspiracy theories that would launch). My plan, put a Walmart with a Starbucks up there first then Americans will care about going there lol. Yeah I think Elon Musk wants it and has been very effective at making his goals a reality, so he's definitely one of the few individuals that could bring it together imo. crossing my fingers too.
    "The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure that it is right."


  7. #7

    Re: Soyuz launch to ISS aborted after booster failure; crew safe

    Quote Originally Posted by RabbiKnife View Post
    That’s we get for subcontracting the space
    Program
    Isn't that sort of how its always been though with Boeing,Lockheed,IBM and such? I think the SpaceX contract is bearing fruit, its just that we didn't have a shuttle replacement before we decomissioned the shuttle program, and everything keeps getting cancelled, 2 years from now we were supposed to be back on the moon with the constellation program.
    "The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure that it is right."


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In the slave pits of manmade Christianity, setting the captives free.
    Posts
    17,064

    Re: Soyuz launch to ISS aborted after booster failure; crew safe

    Quote Originally Posted by BraveUlysesses View Post
    Isn't that sort of how its always been though with Boeing,Lockheed,IBM and such? I think the SpaceX contract is bearing fruit, its just that we didn't have a shuttle replacement before we decomissioned the shuttle program, and everything keeps getting cancelled, 2 years from now we were supposed to be back on the moon with the constellation program.
    No
    The space has program was built With American engineers and companies , not b subbing to sworn enemies

  9. #9

    Re: Soyuz launch to ISS aborted after booster failure; crew safe

    Quote Originally Posted by RabbiKnife View Post
    No
    The space has program was built With American engineers and companies , not b subbing to sworn enemies
    oh I I see you meant the soyuz itself and the Russians, yeah I agree we should not have done that, really poor decision.
    "The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure that it is right."


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bakersfield
    Posts
    4,284

    Re: Soyuz launch to ISS aborted after booster failure; crew safe

    Quote Originally Posted by Aviyah View Post
    ... or we find life.
    If that happens it will probably be classified as endangered and travel to Mars will be restricted or banned altogether.
    "He's wild, you know. Not like a tame lion."
    C.S. Lewis, "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe."

    "Oh, but sometimes the sun stays hidden for years"
    "Sometimes the sky rains night after night, When will it clear?"

    "But our Hope endures the worst of conditions"
    "It's more than our optimism, Let the earth quake"
    "Our Hope is unchanged"
    "Our Hope Endures" Natalie Grant

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    6,370
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Soyuz launch to ISS aborted after booster failure; crew safe

    Quote Originally Posted by RabbiKnife View Post
    No
    The space has program was built With American engineers and companies , not b subbing to sworn enemies
    I'm sure NASA would like to go back to flying themselves to ISS, but Congress has decided that money is better spent on border walls. Maybe when the Galactic Space Force is up, they will see the problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by Old man View Post
    If that happens it will probably be classified as endangered and travel to Mars will be restricted or banned altogether.
    If it's just microorganisms or plant fossils I don't think this would be the reaction, but who knows.
    여러분은 주님 안에서 항상 기뻐하십시오. 내가 다시 말합니다. 기뻐하십시오.
    모든 사람을 너그럽게 대하십시오. 주님께서 오실 날이 가까웠습니다. Philippians 4


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    2,725
    Blog Entries
    44

    Re: Soyuz launch to ISS aborted after booster failure; crew safe

    Quote Originally Posted by Aviyah View Post
    ... or we find life.
    Just curious about others views.

    Does life off planet earth exist?

    If it does, what does it do to our faith? Nothing? Something?

    What does the Christian say to his evolutionary buddy at work when they find a plant fossil on Mars. ( I am exaggerating ).

    Why are we searching for life off earth, when there more than enough right here.

    Also, knowing what the Gospels message is, could these funds not be spent in a more productive manner ?
    “A” cannot be “A” & not “A” at the same time.



  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    31,579
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Soyuz launch to ISS aborted after booster failure; crew safe

    God is creative and God is life.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Book launch
    By MercyChild in forum Praise
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Apr 2nd 2011, 05:18 PM
  2. Failure of hat, or failure of user?
    By tango in forum Christian Fellowship
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Jul 26th 2009, 02:53 AM
  3. JesusShare.com Launch
    By Noahs in forum Christian Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Dec 3rd 2008, 09:55 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •