Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435

Thread: Exact Dates for the 70th Week

Blog Entries

Re: Exact Dates for the 70th Week

The 70 weeks are part of the sabbatical years. You cannot break into a calendar, and send seven years into the future. If we could, I would like to miss this coming winter and go straight to next summer. That would be really nice.

Also, you are making an assumption that the last half of the 70th week is the same time as the 1260 days of the end time. It’s true that there will be a period of tribulation, but the foundation scripture concerning a ‘time, times, and half a time’ is found in Daniel chapter 7 – not Daniel chapter 9.

The 70th week is all about atonement.
    "Your name and renown
    is the desire of our hearts."
    (Isaiah 26:8)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberseeker View Post
    The 70 weeks are part of the sabbatical years. You cannot break into a calendar, and send seven years into the future. If we could, I would like to miss this coming winter and go straight to next summer. That would be really nice.

Also, you are making an assumption that the last half of the 70th week is the same time as the 1260 days of the end time. It’s true that there will be a period of tribulation, but the foundation scripture concerning a ‘time, times, and half a time’ is found in Daniel chapter 7 – not Daniel chapter 9.

God's decreed time periods are not a calendar. That there is a time gap between the 69th 'week' and the 70th is evidenced in many ways.
    That last 7 year period has to be in the end times for what Daniel and Revelation tell us will happen during it. Daniel says it will commence with a 'covenant', better trans as a treaty between the 'beast'; the leader of the whole world, Daniel 7:23-25 and God's holy people.
    But the 'beast' will break it at the mid point and conquer God's people. This commences the Great Tribulation, lasting 1260 days. Then Jesus Returns.
    None of this happened in the first century. The idea it did, is error and ignores scripture.

However now, we don't need to be too concerned about those things, which happen just prior to the glorious Return. It is the forthcoming Day of the Lord's wrath, that we must be ready for, the Day that will set the stage for what must take place.

God's decreed time periods are not a calendar. That there is a time gap between the 69th 'week' and the 70th is evidenced in many ways.
    That last 7 year period has to be in the end times for what Daniel and Revelation tell us will happen during it. Daniel says it will commence with a 'covenant', better trans as a treaty between the 'beast'; the leader of the whole world, Daniel 7:23-25 and God's holy people.
    But the 'beast' will break it at the mid point and conquer God's people. This commences the Great Tribulation, lasting 1260 days. Then Jesus Returns.
    None of this happened in the first century. The idea it did, is error and ignores scripture.

However now, we don't need to be too concerned about those things, which happen just prior to the glorious Return. It is the forthcoming Day of the Lord's wrath, that we must be ready for, the Day that will set the stage for what must take place.

Blog Entries

A few erroneous ideas to clear up:
    1) You can go into a calendar of years and focus ONLY on the Summer months for example. So you could count 70 summers and ignore the winters.
    2) As the ENTIRE 70 weeks in your thinking was in the future having one week of them in the future is not an issue. What you really have an issue with is breaking it up into blocks of weeks.
    3) The angel split the 70 weeks into 3 blocks. The first block was for 7 weeks and spoke of Jubilee. However the next block was called 62 weeks TWICE. It was NEVER referred to as 69 weeks. This is especially clear in verse 26 where we read:
    Dan 9:26* And after the sixty-two weeks, an anointed one shall be cut off
    If this was a CONTIGUOUS length of time with the 7 weeks then the angel would have said "After 69 weeks, an anointed..." This would then have shown it was of a SINGLE period of time. The actual words used though show it is NOT a CONTIGUOUS length of time.
    4) In real world situations you can ask how long will you take to fix my car. The answer may be "it depends." You ask "on what?" The answer might be "well the work will take 70 hours. I can strip the part out in 7 hours, but ONLY then will I know the EXACT problem, so I will then need to order parts which may take a while to come. Once those parts come it will then take me 62 hours to put it back together. After the 62 hours I will need to let the various bits settle. I will finally need to run some tests which will take an hour."
    So my work may take 70 hours, but the whole length of time you will be without the car will be longer.
    5) The 70th week is NOT all about atonement.We are told what the whole 70 weeks are about and atonement is but one portion of it:
    to finish the transgression, to put an end to sin, and to atone for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal both vision and prophet, and to anoint a most holy place.*
    Peter spoke of this bringing in everlasting righteousness as a FUTURE event:
    2 Pe 3:13* But according to his promise we are waiting for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

Not one of the NT writers wrote as if the 70 weeks were fulfilled. Not one referenced it apart from Jesus in His Olivet Discourse, and that was to an event which was not WITHIN the 70 week time frame, but outside it, and another which was to happen in the 70th week, but future to His death and resurrection.

A few erroneous ideas to clear up:
    1) You can go into a calendar of years and focus ONLY on the Summer months for example. So you could count 70 summers and ignore the winters.
    2) As the ENTIRE 70 weeks in your thinking was in the future having one week of them in the future is not an issue. What you really have an issue with is breaking it up into blocks of weeks.
    3) The angel split the 70 weeks into 3 blocks. The first block was for 7 weeks and spoke of Jubilee. However the next block was called 62 weeks TWICE. It was NEVER referred to as 69 weeks. This is especially clear in verse 26 where we read:
    Dan 9:26* And after the sixty-two weeks, an anointed one shall be cut off
    If this was a CONTIGUOUS length of time with the 7 weeks then the angel would have said "After 69 weeks, an anointed..." This would then have shown it was of a SINGLE period of time. The actual words used though show it is NOT a CONTIGUOUS length of time.
    4) In real world situations you can ask how long will you take to fix my car. The answer may be "it depends." You ask "on what?" The answer might be "well the work will take 70 hours. I can strip the part out in 7 hours, but ONLY then will I know the EXACT problem, so I will then need to order parts which may take a while to come. Once those parts come it will then take me 62 hours to put it back together. After the 62 hours I will need to let the various bits settle. I will finally need to run some tests which will take an hour."
    So my work may take 70 hours, but the whole length of time you will be without the car will be longer.
    5) The 70th week is NOT all about atonement.We are told what the whole 70 weeks are about and atonement is but one portion of it:
    to finish the transgression, to put an end to sin, and to atone for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal both vision and prophet, and to anoint a most holy place.*
    Peter spoke of this bringing in everlasting righteousness as a FUTURE event:
    2 Pe 3:13* But according to his promise we are waiting for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

Not one of the NT writers wrote as if the 70 weeks were fulfilled. Not one referenced it apart from Jesus in His Olivet Discourse, and that was to an event which was not WITHIN the 70 week time frame, but outside it, and another which was to happen in the 70th week, but future to His death and resurrection.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Keraz
    God's decreed time periods are not a calendar.
    Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory
    Not one of the NT writers wrote as if the 70 weeks were fulfilled.
    Of course the ‘times’ are a calendar! And of course N.T. writer considered it fulfilled! God gave the calendar to Moses. (Exodus 12:2,17) Jesus and John referred to it when they said, "The time is fulfilled!" (Mark 1:15) Paul referred to it when he said, "When the fullness of time had come …" (Gal 4:4)

Do you guys really think that there were 2 different counts of seven operating side by side (but on different years) during the countdown to Messiah? Do you place no importance on the Shemitah just because you want to follow a 'make believe' 360-day year?

So, it was a calendar alright. Whats more, the start of the 70th week began on a Jubilee. (Luke 4:16-21)
    "Your name and renown
    is the desire of our hearts."
    (Isaiah 26:8)

Blog Entries

Whats more, the start of the 70th week began on a Jubilee. (Luke 4:16-21)
    Daniel 9:27 is perfectly clear: At the end of the sixty ninth week, the Anointed Prince will be removed.....

Jesus COMMENCED His ministry by announcing a Year of the Lord's favor, which may have been a Jubilee, but it doesn't fit with most calculations of the Jubilees.
    Your errors compound rather tellingly.

Daniel 9:27 is perfectly clear: At the end of the sixty ninth week, the Anointed Prince will be removed.....

Jesus COMMENCED His ministry by announcing a Year of the Lord's favor, which may have been a Jubilee, but it doesn't fit with most calculations of the Jubilees.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

And of course N.T. writer considered it fulfilled! God gave the calendar to Moses. (Exodus 12:2,17) Jesus and John referred to it when they said, "The time is fulfilled!" (Mark 1:15) Paul referred to it when he said, "When the fullness of time had come …" (Gal 4:4)
    Interesting connection. Yet IF the time is fulfilled refers to the 70 weeks, then it means the 70 weeks was over, yet clearly it was not over when Jesus started His ministry.
    Moreover this statement in Mark 1:15 is specifically AFTER John was arrested, which means it was some time AFTER Jesus had been baptised and been tempted and begun His public ministry.

Do you guys really think that there were 2 different counts of seven operating side by side (but on different years) during the countdown to Messiah? Do you place no importance on the Shemitah just because you want to follow a 'make believe' 360-day year?
    So, it was a calendar alright. Whats more, the start of the 70th week began on a Jubilee. (Luke 4:16-21)
    You can have a count of 7, but there is no requirement for the 70 weeks to be attached to it. Prophetic events don't hang on the Shemitah. Do you accept that Jerusalem was destroyed in 586 BC and that this date IS part of the Shemitah? You see you CANNOT claim prophecy MUST tie into the Shemitah IF the key events connected with the prophecy are NOT part of the Shemitah.
    Now if you accept 586 BC as the destruction and 516 BC as the rededication of a finished temple, then this makes 516 BC as the start of a 7 year cycle with 586 BC as the end of a 7 year cycle.
    This would then mean that 26 BC is 490 years later or 7 x 70 and that 19, 12 and 5 are all starts of the Shemitah. Going into AD we would then have 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30 AD as being the START of a Shemitah. Yet for YOUR count you have 27 AD as your year of Jubilee which is NOT a Shemitah year.

Further even assuming that the 70 weeks is connected, there is still no requirement for a contiguous time. Additionally I don't follow any make believe 360 day year. What I don't do is follow the erroneous idea of when the Jubilees were that you have. I don't hold to the erroneous year when Jesus started His ministry. I don't hold to the erroneous idea that Artaxerxes Longimanus made a decree which the count should start from.

What Luke 4 speaks of is NOT that the particular year in which Jesus spoke the words was a Jubilee Year, but rather that He was the fulfillment of the Jubilee, which would find its expression in His death. That is His death is what truly sets the prisoner free etc.

Thread Information