Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334

Thread: Exact Dates for the 70th Week

Blog Entries

Re: Exact Dates for the 70th Week

Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    Who then are these people: Ezekiel 34:11-16, Isaiah 35:1-10, Psalms 107, Romans 9:24-26, +
    Gods holy people, who are every faithful Christian, are in the holy Land before Jesus Returns. Proved by Daniel 7:25 and Revelation 13:7

No; that I am practically alone in belief of what the Prophets wrote, is just as it was when they were alive. Scorned and rejected, I'm fortunate in that those who hate their message that I promote, are not able to kill me like they did the Prophets.

The end times will all be a big surprise to everyone who has failed to read or understand the Prophetic Word.
    What can I say? You believe what you will and the rest of us who seemingly are unable to read and understand the 'Prophetic Word' will also stick with what we believe.

Blog Entries

Did you even actually read my post?
    I DO say that Jesus was prophesying to our generation! Not the people in who saw the destruction of Jerusalem, but the people who saw the re-establishment of the Jews in Israel. US !!!!!
    My mistake. Please accept my apologies.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post
    Let's deal with your objections:
    1. Incorrect, Paul was REQUIRED to pay the expenses:
    Act 21:24* take these men and purify yourself along with them and pay their expenses, so that they may shave their heads. Thus all will know that there is nothing in what they have been told about you, but that you yourself also live in observance of the law.

Fairly clear in verse 24 - "pay their expenses".

2. Correct he was not asked to shave his head. he was not one of the four who had taken a vow.
    3. Not completely correct as Paul is to purify himself as well. So Paul's offering is lesser than theirs.
    4. Incorrect. The KEY is NOT that the men made the vow, but that Paul AGREED with the vow, and the means of purifying and making an offering.

Paul didn't contradict himself. What he did contradicts what a lot of people incorrectly claim Paul preached.
    WHY was Paul going to the temple?
    Because people were claiming Paul was teaching certain things:
    Act 21:20* And when they heard it, they glorified God. And they said to him, “You see, brother, how many thousands there are among the Jews of those who have believed. They are all zealous for the law,*
    Act 21:21* and they have been told about you who are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, telling them not to circumcise their children or walk according to our customs.*
    Act 21:22* What then is to be done? They will certainly hear that you have come.*
    Act 21:23* Do therefore what we tell you. We have four men who are under a vow;

The claim is that Paul was teaching the Jews to forsake Moses, to not circumcise and not walk according to custom.
    Now IF as many claim this IS what Paul taught, then Paul would have said so. He would have said I have been teaching this.
    However Paul had NOT been teaching this.
    If you had paid attention you may have noted he had Timothy (as an adult) circumcised:
    Act 16:3* Paul wanted Timothy to accompany him, and he took him and circumcised him because of the Jews who were in those places, for they all knew that his father was a Greek.

Was Paul simply giving in to peer pressure?
    No, for Paul understood what many theologians don't seem to get today. It is the Gentiles who don't have to be circumcised and don't walk according to Jewish custom, but the Jews still did - Paul included.
    Paul NEVER taught in word or in action that a Jew should stop being a Jew or to stop offering sacrifices or not to be circumcised. Instead Paul taught that a Jew should not ONLY be one outwardly, but also one INWARDLY. The outer to reflect the inner.

Again it is due to the ECFs, especially since Augustine who taught erroneous ideas about animal sacrifice.
    Neither Jesus nor the Apostles, taught it was wrong or shouldn't happen.
    Rather they taught what the Law did, and what Grace does, and what is required of a Gentile.
    1. I said that Paul was asked to pay for the expenses, don't know why you repeated what I said?
    2. The passage is not explicit on what the vow is and I believe it is the KEY.
    3. We will be on the same page if you actually read my posts.
    4. You and I know that Paul never taught that the Jew should forsake the law. Why then are you labouring on it and making it look like I suggested that?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trivalee View Post
    1. I said that Paul was asked to pay for the expenses, don't know why you repeated what I said?
    Apologies, I misread. I think because you seemed to be arguing that Paul was not involved.

2. The passage is not explicit on what the vow is and I believe it is the KEY.
    Actually there aren't many vows stated in scripture - just one, that of a Nazirite.
    This vow requires NOT cutting your hair for the duration of the vow and then you shave the head when it is to be completed.

3. We will be on the same page if you actually read my posts.
    I did read you post - you were arguing Paul wasn't part of what was happening. So I said you are not completely correct, for Paul was purifying himself, just as they were.

4. You and I know that Paul never taught that the Jew should forsake the law. Why then are you labouring on it and making it look like I suggested that?
    You are the one arguing that sacrifice should have stopped.
    Paul was a Jew as were the Apostles. They didn't stop animal sacrifices even though Jesus died for them and was the sacrifice for sins and they taught and believed they were saved through faith in Him.
    In the OT is speaks of ALL nations sacrificing. Not for everything, but once a year at the Feast of Booths (which is when I believe He will return.)
    This means sacrifices will extend BEYOND the Jews to the Gentiles:
    Zec 14:16* Then everyone who survives of all the nations that have come against Jerusalem shall go up year after year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Booths.*
    Zec 14:17* And if any of the families of the earth do not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, there will be no rain on them.*
    Zec 14:18* And if the family of Egypt does not go up and present themselves, then on them there shall be no rain; there shall be the plague with which the LORD afflicts the nations that do not go up to keep the Feast of Booths.*
    Zec 14:19* This shall be the punishment to Egypt and the punishment to all the nations that do not go up to keep the Feast of Booths.*
    Zec 14:20* And on that day there shall be inscribed on the bells of the horses, “Holy to the LORD.” And the pots in the house of the LORD shall be as the bowls before the altar.*
    Zec 14:21* And every pot in Jerusalem and Judah shall be holy to the LORD of hosts, so that all who sacrifice may come and take of them and boil the meat of the sacrifice in them. And there shall no longer be a trader in the house of the LORD of hosts on that day.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    Who on earth do you think Jesus was talking to!

Well, I'm certainly interested in that vision! I also believe that Israel will be judged. The majority in Israel are callous and unrepentant. But a remnant will convert and form the base of those who will lead the nation in conversion to Christianity at Christ's return.
    Jesus was prophesying to all His followers, which includes us. The 'budding of the fig tree', happened in 1948, with the Jewish State in a part of the holy Land. Denying this truth is tantamount to putting a question mark upon evert scriptural truth.

I received the vision that all the 'evil neighbors' will one Day be gone. Jeremiah 12:14 confirms it. Note that that verse INCLUDES Judah. They will be gone too, but a remnant will survive underground in Jerusalem. Isaiah 29:4, Romans 9:27 They will join with their Christian brethren in the new nation of Beulah. Isaiah 62:1-5
    Judah will never be a separate nation again, as Ezekiel 37 makes clear.
    I suggest that you correct your beliefs to conform with what scripture says.

Jesus was prophesying to all His followers, which includes us. The 'budding of the fig tree', happened in 1948, with the Jewish State in a part of the holy Land. Denying this truth is tantamount to putting a question mark upon evert scriptural truth.
    Most Christians in history likely did not sign on to the idea that the "budding of the fig tree" refers to Israel's restoration, since Israel wasn't even believed restorable for much of Christian history! Do you really think their souls were in danger for not anticipating your "biblical" argument?

Since the Scriptures do not actually say what you say they say, I have a different take on it entirely. I believe the fig tree represented Israel's effort to obtain God's Kingdom, but could not do so, because they rejected Jesus their Messiah. The fig tree therefore withered.

Matt 21.19 Seeing a fig tree by the road, he went up to it but found nothing on it except leaves. Then he said to it, “May you never bear fruit again!” Immediately the tree withered.

Quote Originally Posted by Keraz
    I received the vision that all the 'evil neighbors' will one Day be gone. Jeremiah 12:14 confirms it. Note that that verse INCLUDES Judah. They will be gone too, but a remnant will survive underground in Jerusalem. Isaiah 29:4, Romans 9:27 They will join with their Christian brethren in the new nation of Beulah. Isaiah 62:1-5
    Judah will never be a separate nation again, as Ezekiel 37 makes clear.
    I suggest that you correct your beliefs to conform with what scripture says.
    What you write isn't Scripture! Sorry, you need to follow precisely what the Scriptures do say. And there is no reference to the "fig tree" representing the restoration of the State of Israel in 1948.

Quote Originally Posted by Trivalee View Post
    Totally agree with you. We'll see whether he's the anointed one or not. As I said before, if the temple goes up I will certainly cheer them on (won't cost me anything) because it represents a clear physical sign that the eschaton is the way.
    Fair enough, yes it will be exciting times as we reach fulfilment of these things.

Thread Information