Thread: Psalm 110:1

Blog Entries

Psalm 110:1

The LORD said to my Lord: "Sit at My right hand until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet."

I am currently struggling with addiction problems, but this quote is giving me strength in patience. I don't want to die, but if i continue my 2 pack a day habit, it is inevitable.

I feel i am constantly at war with people, and cigarettes help with the crippling anxiety. I don't mince words. I try to be loving, but i've learned that sometimes to love someone you have to challenge them.

Have you seen this prophecy fulfilled in your own life?

Blog Entries

Re: Psalm 110:1

I'm not sure how you can make this a personal prophecy. But if it brings you comfort , that's good to hear.
    This IGNORE button is by far one of the most useful tools I've used to keep my peace while navigating through some of the madness.

Blog Entries

Why is this so hard to believe?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Translucent1 View Post
    Why is this so hard to believe?
    It's not that it's hard to believe. It's just not a personal prophecy. It has nothing to do with you or me. It's a prophecy about Jesus.
    This IGNORE button is by far one of the most useful tools I've used to keep my peace while navigating through some of the madness.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Translucent1 View Post
    The LORD said to my Lord: "Sit at My right hand until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet."

I am currently struggling with addiction problems, but this quote is giving me strength in patience. I don't want to die, but if i continue my 2 pack a day habit, it is inevitable.

I feel i am constantly at war with people, and cigarettes help with the crippling anxiety. I don't mince words. I try to be loving, but i've learned that sometimes to love someone you have to challenge them.

Have you seen this prophecy fulfilled in your own life?
    I was talking to a dear friend the other day and she says that she is concerned because she "feels at odds" with other people - too many people she said. I feel that same way sometimes. "People" get on my nerves and something is wrong with that.

I struggle with anxiety myself. I've weaned myself off the Prozac and should not have done that. I stopped seeing my Christian counselor and I should not have done that. Now I feel not in control again and at odds, like my friend, with people in general.

I said all that to say this. I feel your pain.

Also, Seeking is right about Psalm 110:1. This is a very specific prophecy about God speaking directly to Christ. See the "LORD" and "Lord"? LORD = God. Lord = Christ.

Here's one I like that gives me hope in a lot of things.

2 Corinthians 4:7-9 = "But we have this treasure [gospel of Christ] in earthen vessels [our bodies], that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us. We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed."
    ".....it's your nickel"

Thread Information