Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 132

Thread: Arrest made in connection to suspicious packages

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    32,254
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Arrest made in connection to suspicious packages

    BTW BU, this is the type of daily ongoing disrespect I am talking about:

    Members of a Florida high school football team were terrified when a former student reportedly pulled a gun on them while they were praying near the school’s entrance.

    Police said players from Palm Beach Lakes High School were praying at about 3:15 p.m. Monday by a tree near an exit of the school when a silver four-door car headed toward them.

    A couple of the boys had stepped off the sidewalk and were in the roadway when the car approached, which seemed to anger the driver, who started honking at them, the Palm Beach Post reported.

    The players reportedly told him to “chill” and said they would move when they were done with their prayer. It was at this point that the driver – later identified as 19-year-old Xavier Martin – allegedly got out of his car and threatened to shoot them.

    The players told police Martin lifted up his shirt and showed them the top of a gun he had tucked into his jeans, prompting the players to run, the newspaper reported.

    One of them identified the driver to police as “Xavier, from ROTC.”

    An ROTC teacher told police he had seen Martin at the school shortly before the incident and had asked him what he was doing on campus. He said “nothing” and that he was “just in the neighborhood.”

    Martin, of West Palm Beach, was arrested early Thursday on four counts of aggravated assault and one count of possession of a weapon on school property.

    A judge ordered him to remain in the Palm Beach County Jail in lieu of a $300,000 bond.
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-t...eam-police-say
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    32,254
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Arrest made in connection to suspicious packages

    And that disrespect isn't limited to stupid teenagers. The Mainstream Media also disrespects the very reason they exist -

    NBC News is under fire for sitting on information that would have cast serious doubt on wild claims abut now-Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh just when the unsubstantiated allegations were rocking the judge's confirmation to the high court.

    Controversial attorney Michael Avenatti and client Julie Swetnick claimed last month Kavanaugh took part in high school gang rapes just as Kavanaugh was defending himself against a separate, uncorroborated claim. Avenatti connected NBC News with an anonymous woman he claimed could corroborate Swetnick's allegations, but instead accused the lawyer of "twisting" her words. Still, NBC went with Swetnick's story without disclosing the exculpatory reporting.

    On Thursday, nearly three weeks after Kavanaugh's confirmation, NBC News published an article headlined, “New questions raised about Avenatti claims regarding Kavanaugh,” that detailed "inconsistencies" with Swetnick’s claims. In the article, NBC News admitted the unidentified woman repudiated the sworn statement Avenatti provided to the Senate Judiciary Committee on her behalf to corroborate Swetnick's claims.

    Kavanaugh's polarizing confirmation proceedings ended on Oct. 6, when the Senate voted 50-48 to confirm him to the high court.

    “Reached by phone independently from Avenatti on Oct. 3, the woman said she only ‘skimmed’ the declaration. After reviewing the statement, she wrote in a text on Oct. 4 to NBC News: ‘It is incorrect that I saw Brett spike the punch. I didn't see anyone spike the punch...I was very clear with Michael Avenatti from day one,’” NBC News reporters Kate Snow and Anna Schecter wrote on Thursday.

    "I would not ever allow anyone to be abusive in my presence. Male or female,” the woman told NBC when pressed about Avenatti and his client’s claims, according to NBC’s report.

    NBC’s latest story also noted that Avenatti attempted to “thwart the reporting process” and the woman changed her mind several times before eventually texting the network a final time.

    “I will definitely talk to you again and no longer Avenatti. I do not like that he twisted my words,” she wrote.

    NBC News did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

    As the mainstream media put a focus on alleged misconduct by Kavanaugh prior to his confirmation, NBC News’ reporting was among the most salacious. The network aired an interview with Swetnick on Oct. 1 -- despite admitting it could not substantiate her claims and that she had changed her story.

    At the time, Cornell Law School professor and Legal Insurrection blogger William Jacobson told Fox News that “outlets like NBC News provide the fuel that feeds the anti-Kavanaugh firestorm” that was sweeping the mainstream media ahead of the polarizing confirmation vote.

    Avenatti, who recently lost the defamation case he filed against President Trump on behalf of porn star Stormy Daniels, has been evicted from his law offices and owes a former colleague $5 million, has earned a reputation for wild claims. But for NBC News to run with a story that its own hidden reporting showed could be inaccurate is bad journalism, said critics.

    “That evidence was known to NBC more than three weeks ago, right when Kavanaugh was about to receive a vote on the Senate floor, yet we’re just hearing about it now,” The Federalist co-founder Sean Davis tweeted. “Why did NBC News withhold that information, which reflects poorly on Avenatti, for three weeks? It would’ve been a bombshell had it been reported at the time.”

    Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley announced on Thursday that Avenatti and Swetnick were referred for criminal investigation for an alleged “conspiracy” to provide false statements to Congress.

    The Republican lawmaker cited contradictory statements by both Avenatti and Swetnick in media interviews and pointed to the NBC interview on Oct. 1, where Swetnick backtracked on her central claim that she saw Kavanaugh spiking punch at high school parties in the 1980s.

    “NBC sat on this information, which would have undermined some of Kavanaugh’s accusers, and is only now releasing it after Kavanaugh was confirmed and its interview was mentioned in a referral to the DOJ,” The Daily Wire’s Ashe Schow wrote.

    NewsBusters managing editor Curtis Houck told Fox News that “it sure looks like [NBC] did Michael Avenatti a solid and could have sat on information relevant to the Kavanaugh fiasco until after the ugly confirmation fight had ended.”

    Law & Crime columnist Ronn Blitzer on Friday penned a blistering recap of the situation headlined, “Once again, NBC sits on story related to sexual misconduct until after it matters.”

    “That last text was sent on October 5. Kavanaugh wasn’t confirmed until a very close vote on October 6. NBC News published the story on October 25,” Blitzer wrote. “This, of course, draws suspicion because if NBC had information that showed that allegations against Brett Kavanaugh may not be accurate, that would be pretty important.”

    Blitzer continued: “If I had a bombshell story in my pocket at the time it was most relevant, I wouldn’t wait until weeks after the moment passed.”

    As Blitzer’s headline points out, this isn’t the first time NBC News has raised eyebrows with its handling of sexual misconduct-related news. The Peacock Network famously refused to air Ronan Farrow’s reporting on now-disgraced Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein, didn’t air a 1999 interview with Bill Clinton rape accuser Juanita Broaddrick until after he was acquitted and the infamous “Access Hollywood” tape of Donald Trump making lewd comments about women was leaked from within NBC News to the Washington Post.
    https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...venatti-client

    So if you want a band aid BU, it's going to have to cover more than just disparaging rhetoric.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

  3. #18

    Re: Arrest made in connection to suspicious packages

    Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    I don't think you are crazy or stupid. When I moved to the town I currently live in from the city I came from, I discovered that the best way to dig out what people really think is to provoke them enough to let down their guard. Probably not the best technique, but it works. Now it's a habit.
    Yeah,other stuff could work too I bet.

    Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    Anyway, you said (paraphrased) that words create a space where crazy people can slip into to justify their actions. If I read you wrong, please correct me.
    I see, in that case yes I do believe that times of extreme political tumult and rhetoric do provide something for crazy people to glom onto. There is a degree to which this cannot be helped (which is what I think you are focusing on), however contributing to this by not holding yourself accountable & responsible for what you say and not being careful or thoughtful needlessly contributes to these tumultuous conditions. It is worth it for its own sake IMO, but the fact that mentally ill and confused people hone in on these things is just another good reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    I think you are exaggerating regarding the "90%." And I think that exaggeration is in and of itself hyperbole.
    Well, yeah it is a made up statistic. I haven't actually ever done an analysis on the frequency of hyperbole usage on this board or else where but I wouldn't be surprised if 90% of your posts regarding controversial subject matters incorporated hyperbole. I guess the most honest thing I could say is that it is my subjective impression that hyperbole and exaggeration are used far too frequently (even by me in this case ).

    Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    Yeah, I suppose. But I would demand a condition - that we don't allow the wound to fester under the Band-Aid. Soothing words and the thought police won't tend to the wound. We need actions. So you tell me - who is brave enough to step out of their political bunker and proclaim that ALL life is precious and to be respected? Who? Because until we start there, the Band-Aid will be just like all Band-Aids - they will get wet, lose their protective properties and fall off.
    See, not being reckless and irresponsible with your words does not mean all that is left to you is some mealy mouthed soothing speech. there is plenty of landscape between exaggeration & recklessness and ineffectual timidity. In that domain lies dispassionate fact, truth with kindness and so many other tools...I think that it is only a lack of imagination that causes us to underestimate the available tools out of fear that anything short of an 11 is to surrender to though policing. You are putting the condition that we have to fix abortion before we consider essentially being more responsible in our speech...How will we ever talk about it if we can't talk to each-other reasonably?


    Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    So, let's start here, and I will humble myself to receive your perspective - so tell me - what must I do to step out of my own political bunker to respect life to embrace the idea that ALL people have equal intrinsic value? Because the solution always begins in our own hearts and the last thing I want to be is so arrogant that I poop all over myself defending the indefensible.
    These are your terms, I never presented this as a situation where you need to "step out of my own political bunker to respect life to embrace the idea that ALL people have equal intrinsic value?". I have however consistently hounded you about saying what you mean, clearly and without hyperbole. I think you could start by not using provocation as a main tool in your communication tool-set (I'd bet you could all but eliminate it and be a much more effective communicator for it).


    Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    Abortion.
    well, okay. I don't think that being more responsible with the power of words is going to heal this issue, but I also do not think that is a good reason not to be more responsible.
    "The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure that it is right."


  4. #19

    Re: Arrest made in connection to suspicious packages

    Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    BTW BU, this is the type of daily ongoing disrespect I am talking about:



    https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-t...eam-police-say
    Again, i'm talking about me and you, street level superheroes man. I can't control what everyone does or says, and neither can you, but you do have that power over yourself. I do not think that it is okay to chuck our values, and behave poorly because someone else is. That is a feedback loop, its just going to reinforce itself. IOW saying i'm not going to do better until they do better, while they say the same thing is obviously a race to the bottom...i'm talking about personal responsibility.
    "The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure that it is right."


  5. #20

    Re: Arrest made in connection to suspicious packages

    Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    And that disrespect isn't limited to stupid teenagers. The Mainstream Media also disrespects the very reason they exist -



    https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...venatti-client

    So if you want a band aid BU, it's going to have to cover more than just disparaging rhetoric.
    Again man, That to me is letting the MSM or Alt-media control your behavior and tell you what to value. Its not about them, or anyone outside of you...how are you going to live your life, how are you going to interact with your fellow man, Whose words & ideas will you repeat, what are you going to put into the world. personal responsibility.
    "The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure that it is right."


  6. #21

    Re: Arrest made in connection to suspicious packages

    Keck 553,

    Re: Arrest made in connection to suspicious packages

    Originally Posted by BraveUlysesses
    I can tell that we don't think the same way about words and their power (I recall saying to you once that you take no responsibility whatsoever, this is what i meant). I'm not attempting to say that words create crazy people, but it certainly creates an environment that is conducive to them acting out in violent ways (for the sake of argument i'll ignore the sorry state of mental health care).
    Can you tell me specifically what words spoke from whom created the environment for the guy who shot JFK? Rep. Scalise?


    I can tell you who spoke the words that got JFK shot. They set up an environment where the people in power were going to be exposed for what they had done over several years. Their secrete projects were to be disclosed. JFK spoke those words (his next speech was to provide the actual information) in his last speech a few weeks before three people (set up by the CIA) shot him from three different directions.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In His Service
    Posts
    3,135

    Re: Arrest made in connection to suspicious packages

    Quote Originally Posted by newbookinc View Post
    Keck 553,

    Re: Arrest made in connection to suspicious packages

    Originally Posted by BraveUlysesses
    I can tell that we don't think the same way about words and their power (I recall saying to you once that you take no responsibility whatsoever, this is what i meant). I'm not attempting to say that words create crazy people, but it certainly creates an environment that is conducive to them acting out in violent ways (for the sake of argument i'll ignore the sorry state of mental health care).
    Can you tell me specifically what words spoke from whom created the environment for the guy who shot JFK? Rep. Scalise?


    I can tell you who spoke the words that got JFK shot. They set up an environment where the people in power were going to be exposed for what they had done over several years. Their secrete projects were to be disclosed. JFK spoke those words (his next speech was to provide the actual information) in his last speech a few weeks before three people (set up by the CIA) shot him from three different directions.
    This speech?

    JFK Secret Societies Speech

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdMbmdFOvTs

    No way did Oswald assassinated John Kennedy..


    Jude
    If Jesus had preached the same message that ministers preach today, He would never have been crucified.

    ~ Leonard Ravenhill




  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    32,254
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Arrest made in connection to suspicious packages

    Quote Originally Posted by newbookinc View Post
    Keck 553,

    Re: Arrest made in connection to suspicious packages

    Originally Posted by BraveUlysesses
    I can tell that we don't think the same way about words and their power (I recall saying to you once that you take no responsibility whatsoever, this is what i meant). I'm not attempting to say that words create crazy people, but it certainly creates an environment that is conducive to them acting out in violent ways (for the sake of argument i'll ignore the sorry state of mental health care).
    Can you tell me specifically what words spoke from whom created the environment for the guy who shot JFK? Rep. Scalise?


    I can tell you who spoke the words that got JFK shot. They set up an environment where the people in power were going to be exposed for what they had done over several years. Their secrete projects were to be disclosed. JFK spoke those words (his next speech was to provide the actual information) in his last speech a few weeks before three people (set up by the CIA) shot him from three different directions.
    This speculation has nothing to do with the context of this discussion

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    32,254
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Arrest made in connection to suspicious packages

    Quote Originally Posted by BraveUlysesses View Post
    Again man, That to me is letting the MSM or Alt-media control your behavior and tell you what to value. Its not about them, or anyone outside of you...how are you going to live your life, how are you going to interact with your fellow man, Whose words & ideas will you repeat, what are you going to put into the world. personal responsibility.
    Ok. Your posts have given me a lot to think about. I’ll need to get back to you on this, mainly because I respect what you are trying to accomplish and it deserves an honest and worthy response. Hopefully in the meantime this thread won’t get de-railed by conspiricy theories.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In His Service
    Posts
    3,135

    Re: Arrest made in connection to suspicious packages

    The guy probably falls into this category..

    Psychiatric Drugs & Violence—The Facts

    https://www.cchrint.org/psychiatric-...s_on_violence/

    https://www.cchrint.org/school-shooters/


    Jude
    If Jesus had preached the same message that ministers preach today, He would never have been crucified.

    ~ Leonard Ravenhill




  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    32,254
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Arrest made in connection to suspicious packages

    Quote Originally Posted by Jude View Post
    The guy probably falls into this category..

    Psychiatric Drugs & Violence—The Facts

    https://www.cchrint.org/psychiatric-...s_on_violence/

    https://www.cchrint.org/school-shooters/


    Jude
    He’s a fanatic with a 20 year rap sheet. Please stop with the conspiricy theories

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    2,854
    Blog Entries
    52

    Re: Arrest made in connection to suspicious packages

    Quote Originally Posted by Scooby_Snacks View Post
    Wow, he had Trump and the G.O.P. plastered all over his van!
    Yes, he did. High quality new graphics to boot. Lots of Trump pictures apparently.

    Also, a nice new expensive van ( recently painted apparently )

    30 year rap sheet.

    Wonder what he did for money. Did he have a job? Graphics are not cheap.

    Sure looks now that some Trump followers are crazy and very dangerious and can’t be trusted eh?

    Vid of the van.

    https://nypost.com/2018/10/26/allege...-trump-shrine/

    Everything is exactly as it appears, I am sure tho...

    I would love to see a full detail expose on what he had plastered on the van. Going forward, anyone with bumper stickers or info graphics will surely be ignored.

    “A” cannot be “A” & not “A” at the same time



  13. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In His Service
    Posts
    3,135

    Re: Arrest made in connection to suspicious packages

    Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    He’s a fanatic with a 20 year rap sheet. Please stop with the conspiricy theories
    What does Psychiatric drugs and violence have to do with conspiracies?


    Jude
    If Jesus had preached the same message that ministers preach today, He would never have been crucified.

    ~ Leonard Ravenhill




  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    2,854
    Blog Entries
    52

    Re: Arrest made in connection to suspicious packages

    Quote Originally Posted by Jude View Post
    What does Psychiatric drugs and violence have to do with conspiracies?


    Jude
    Agree.

    I work with people on these medications.

    The side effects are real.
    “A” cannot be “A” & not “A” at the same time



  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    32,254
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Arrest made in connection to suspicious packages

    Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post
    Agree.

    I work with people on these medications.

    The side effects are real.
    His family said he wasn’t on meds but he should have been.

    Give it up already

    Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post
    Agree.

    I work with people on these medications.

    The side effects are real.
    Both of you-

    His family said he wasn’t on meds but he should have been.

    And the woman he delivered for said he had the van back then

    But one thing they DID mention is that he posted conspiricy theories on line constantly. Pattern here?

    Give it up already.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: May 28th 2014, 05:42 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Mar 20th 2012, 03:20 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: Nov 17th 2009, 08:36 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •