Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Arrest made in connection to suspicious packages

Blog Entries

Re: Arrest made in connection to suspicious packages

Quote Originally Posted by BraveUlysesses View Post
    #1 is about conspiracy theory and gossip. Regardless I do not understand how a list of things that irritate you relate to what I was talking about. Maybe we can start with you explaining that to me as the relationship is not clear to me.
    Your posts are difficult to understand and esoteric. I really don't know what you are trying to say or ask. Can you just make it less wordy and to the point?
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    Your posts are difficult to understand. You beat around the bush a lot, IMO. I really don't know what you are seeking. Can you just make it less wordy and to the point?
    Are you saying that my previous post(s) that you were going to think about and respond to later were not clear to you? Otherwise i'm asking: Why a list of things that irritate you is relevant to the discussion we were having about being more responsible with words as individuals?
    "The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure that it is right."

Blog Entries

You seem to be stuck on a democrat talking point. I don't care about talking points and I certainly reject the weaponization of talking points, which seems to be a tactic of the left since their policies are such failures, emotion is all they have left. So instead of a talking point that can be aimed at someone as a weapon, let's be specific.

People who develop a hatred of any people group are going to embrace anything that justifies their hate. Conspiracy theories are the main vehicle that motivates hate into actions. Do you really need examples?
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

You seem to be stuck on a democrat talking point. I don't care about talking points and I certainly reject the weaponization of talking points, which seems to be a tactic of the left since their policies are such failures, emotion is all they have left. So instead of a talking point that can be aimed at someone as a weapon, let's be specific.

People who develop a hatred of any people group are going to embrace anything that justifies their hate. Conspiracy theories are the main vehicle that motivates hate into actions. Do you really need examples?

I don't understand, which democratic talking point do you think i'm stuck on?

Blog Entries

I don't understand, which democratic talking point do you think i'm stuck on?
    The latest one is "words have power."

It's been weaponized when it is used by the left to suppress opposing political discourse, just as the #metoo movement has been weaponized, etc, etc. And don't tell me the left isn't doing that and projecting the evil actions of some on their opponents.

We see it everywhere - in the media, from politicians, even social media selectively targets conservatives but ignores the hate from the left.

No one is going to be able to come to the table when the "resistance" always comes with a sword in their hand. So when the left chooses to dispense with the hypocrisy they are currently engaged in, perhaps we can all make some peace.

It's been weaponized when it is used by the left to suppress opposing political discourse, just as the #metoo movement has been weaponized, etc, etc. And don't tell me the left isn't doing that and projecting the evil actions of some on their opponents.

We see it everywhere - in the media, from politicians, even social media selectively targets conservatives but ignores the hate from the left.

No one is going to be able to come to the table when the "resistance" always comes with a sword in their hand.
    Right. "Do as we say not as we do." Somehow, its OK to use such things against Justice Kavanaugh but God forbid that it be used against the left! It is my opinion, that someone like Trump never would have been elected without the left doing what they have done in the last 8 years or so (i.e. gossip as a weapon, republicans are enemies while the Islamic terrorist are not, identity politics, stealing culture by dressing up in a particular cultural dress, and so on.)

Your last sentence bears repeating...

No one is going to be able to come to the table when the "resistance" always comes with a sword in their hand.
    Perhaps we should look into the difference of how Jimmy Kimmel, Jimmy Fallon and Megyn Kelly are treated to understand who has a sword at their throat right now.

That said, our words do have life and death in them. But we see how plainly Jesus and the prophets spoke. I have no issue with speaking plainly. I will be very happy when the whole political correctness movement is brought back to some sane place so that truth and plain speach are no longer looked down upon.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Keck I've been saying this for essentially the entire time I've been here, and now you accuse me of regurgitating a talking point? Moreover It was my point (at least in part), so I think its strange when you tell me i'm stuck on the point that I said I wanted to discuss in the first place ...Of course i'm on this point as this is the point I was on. Are we supposed to reject the concept that "words have power" because the left weaponized it and to not reject this basic true concept is to let the liberals win? This is another classic example of values being held based on partisan perception. You are also bringing the entire "left" into a conversation between me and you, I didn't come to the table with a sword, i'm not trying to force you to represent all republicans or conservatives. So can "the left" not be my responsibility and I wont make "the right" yours.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    Right. "Do as we say not as we do." Somehow, its OK to use such things against Justice Kavanaugh but God forbid that it be used against the left! It is my opinion, that someone like Trump never would have been elected without the left doing what they have done in the last 8 years or so (i.e. gossip as a weapon, republicans are enemies while the Islamic terrorist are not, identity politics, stealing culture by dressing up in a particular cultural dress, and so on.)

Your last sentence bears repeating...
    I agree. After 8 years of being browbeat, demonized, cursed, divided and dehumanized by the previous administration - and their candidate for the next administration (us deplorables), Trump was the only candidate who had the stomach to actually stand up to these demagogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    Perhaps we should look into the difference of how Jimmy Kimmel, Jimmy Fallon and Megyn Kelly are treated to understand who has a sword at their throat right now.

That said, our words do have life and death in them. But we see how plainly Jesus and the prophets spoke. I have no issue with speaking plainly. I will be very happy when the whole political correctness movement is brought back to some sane place so that truth and plain speech are no longer looked down upon.
    Agreed. Maybe universities would be a good place to start.

Blog Entries

Keck I've been saying this for essentially the entire time I've been here, and now you accuse me of regurgitating a talking point? Moreover It was my point (at least in part), so I think its strange when you tell me i'm stuck on the point that I said I wanted to discuss in the first place ...Of course i'm on this point as this is the point I was on. Are we supposed to reject the concept that "words have power" because the left weaponized it and to not reject this basic true concept is to let the liberals win? This is another classic example of values being held based on partisan perception. You are also bringing the entire "left" into a conversation between me and you, I didn't come to the table with a sword, i'm not trying to force you to represent all republicans or conservatives. So can "the left" not be my responsibility and I wont make "the right" yours.
    Since neither of us engage in hate-speech, what are you asking from me?

Since neither of us engage in hate-speech, what are you asking from me?
    The thing I asked you in the first place, how does that list of things that irritate you relate to our prior discussion about the power of words and personal responsibility when it comes to our speech?

Edit:
    It seems like you were fine with considering my words on Friday, but over the weekend you read/watched something that made you hostile toward the concept of words having power. If I were to guess that sentiment is now tied up in your mind with criticisms of Trump making it now something that you have to reject. This is what it looks like to me from the outside. If that isn't what is going on i'm open to you explaining your apparent change in temperament.

Blog Entries

The thing I asked you in the first place, how does that list of things that irritate you relate to our prior discussion about the power of words and personal responsibility when it comes to our speech?
    Personal responsibility is not to gossip. Why are you making this so difficult?

I'm not trying to, it seemed you were going to give the subject some thought on Friday and then today you come back with this combative attitude accusing me of using talking points, i'm also baffled. What changed between Friday and today?

Blog Entries

I'm not trying to, it seemed you were going to give the subject some thought on Friday and then today you come back with this combative attitude accusing me of using talking points, i'm also baffled. What changed between Friday and today?
    I did think about it. You want to know what I could change and what you could change. I came to the conclusion - nothing.

We're not the problem BU. We're not the ones spreading gossip and hate all over the planet. So what would you have us change?

Blog Entries

We're not the ones spreading gossip and hate all over the planet. So what would you have us change?

Discussing, debating, talking about stuff is not necessarily gossip. Please. It can be, but not in all cases.

This is a forum, it's about all we do here- is talk.

You're entitled to your opinion, as we all are.

Throwing the "gossip label" around just because we are 'arm-chairing' wondering/discussing an event, (sentiments that you disagree with ) does not necessarily make anyone a 'gossiper' necessarily ...

I agree we all need to be careful and not unnecessarily see more than there may be, ( or intentionally spread false information ) however, sometimes, there IS more than meets the eye. Sometimes not, and error occurs.

This particular incident may or may not fit this description.

Its one thing to talk about what you firmly believe, ( based on xxx ) quite another to spread information what you KNOW to be false, or information that your intentionally trying to hurt/ruin/stir up trouble for someone.

What post number in this thread do you consider "gossip", I would like to re-read it.
    A cannot be A & not A at the same time

I did think about it. You want to know what I could change and what you could change. I came to the conclusion - nothing.

We're not the problem BU. We're not the ones spreading gossip and hate all over the planet. So what would you have us change?
    hm, I don't know how this became hyper focused on gossip , if anything I focused on hyperbole, exaggeration and lack of thoughtfulness and care. I have to disagree with you that we aren't the problem, I mean you just told me how you have a habit of provoking people until they show you their "true" position. I don't think you are the only person that does that, I think many people provoke each other until they get the "expected" reaction and then feel they have confirmed how bad the other side is. but look man if you actually put thought into it and you feel like you don't make any unnecessarily negative contributions then so be it.

Thread Information