Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Arrest made in connection to suspicious packages

Blog Entries

Arrest made in connection to suspicious packages

2 Ti 2:14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.

Blog Entries

Re: Arrest made in connection to suspicious packages

Good news. Time to move on.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Blog Entries

Wow, he had Trump and the G.O.P. plastered all over his van!
    Peace to you!

It is because of Him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.

1 Corinthians 1:30

Blog Entries

I guess that means all republicans are as guilty as all the democrats are guilty for the Bernie Saunders lunatic who tried to mass murder republican leaders at a baseball game
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby_Snacks View Post
    I am shocked - shocked!

Well I'm glad this man was caught, but unfortunately I think if the intention was to create even more tribalism I think he succeeded. We're now at the point of trying to associate a terrorist with lawful citizens we disagree with ... rather than being unified as Americans against a threat. That some lunatic worships Trump and the GOP doesn't mean he represents them even slightly. He'll find that out when he spends the rest of his life in prison, courtesy of the Republican-majority government.
    여러분은 주님 안에서 항상 기뻐하십시오. 내가 다시 말합니다. 기뻐하십시오.
    모든 사람을 너그럽게 대하십시오. 주님께서 오실 날이 가까웠습니다. Philippians 4

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aviyah View Post
    I am shocked - shocked!

Well I'm glad this man was caught, but unfortunately I think if the intention was to create even more tribalism I think he succeeded. We're now at the point of trying to associate a terrorist with lawful citizens we disagree with ... rather than being unified as Americans against a threat. That some lunatic worships Trump and the GOP doesn't mean he represents them even slightly. He'll find that out when he spends the rest of his life in prison, courtesy of the Republican-majority government.
    Unfortunately there are violent people among us who identify with politics, religion, no religion, ideologies, anarchy, race, sexual orientation, gender, dress, etc.

It's always been that way, and unless we all want to live our lives in cages with rubber spoons it will always be that way. Until Shiloh comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviyah View Post
    I am shocked - shocked!

Agreed, I believe that this could go a long way in helping us to stop empowering crazy, stop empowering hyperbole and stop empowering conspiracy & ignorance. Every day I believe more and more that the media isn't the problem, nor is it our politicians, it is us not being careful with our words and thoughts, not sticking to our values in the face of crazy. Our society will keep pumping these guys out until we start taking individual responsibility for what we put out in the world, and I mean on forums on facebook and in our day to day interactions, It cannot be taken for granted that people know what we "really mean" when what you actually say is the most severe exaggerated version of what we mean. It just produces bogeymen.
    "The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure that it is right."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BraveUlysesses View Post
    Agreed, I believe that this could go a long way in helping us to stop empowering crazy, stop empowering hyperbole and stop empowering conspiracy & ignorance. Every day I believe more and more that the media isn't the problem, nor is it our politicians, it is us not being careful with our words and thoughts, not sticking to our values in the face of crazy. Our society will keep pumping these guys out until we start taking individual responsibility for what we put out in the world, and I mean on forums on facebook and in our day to day interactions, It cannot be taken for granted that people know what we "really mean" when what you actually say is the most severe exaggerated version of what we mean. It just produces bogeymen.
    Empower crazies? Seriously? What evidence do you have? There were crazy people throughout our history (e.g. JFK assassination) who acted out their violence when "civil discourse" was less divisive.

What about Maxine Water's marching orders to create a mob to scream at her opponents they don't belong in America? Who has that rhetoric empowered? That lunatic who harassed Sen. Turtle in a restaurant? Do you think Antifa beat a 74 year old man nearly to death for the crime of using a public road did it because of someone's words?

And if words matter, what words caused that lunatic to attempt mass murder at a republican baseball practice? I don't think either Bernie Saunders or Obama said anything to cause such a response.

These people already have agendas and narratives what empower their violence. The crazy person who is the subject of this thread has been acting out long before Trump was even elected. I'm just grateful this nut used Micky Mouse bombs instead of the real gun that other wacko used to shoot up republicans practicing for a baseball game.

I don't think words matter as much as you think they do.

Blog Entries

Well, I am shocked - genuinely.
    ".....it's your nickel"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jayne View Post
    Well, I am shocked - genuinely.
    Not me. If you lived near N. Idaho in the 1980's - 1990's like I did, nothing is surprising. Believe me these crazies have their own narrative and nothing any politician says will bend them one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    Oh, I don't know. There were crazy people throughout our history (e.g. JFK assassination) who acted out their violence when "civil discourse" was less divisive.

And if words matter, what words caused that lunatic to attempt mass murder at a republican baseball practice? I don't think either Bernie Saunders or Obama said anything to cause such a response.

I don't think words matter as much as you think they do.
    I can tell that we don't think the same way about words and their power (I recall saying to you once that you take no responsibility whatsoever, this is what i meant). I'm not attempting to say that words create crazy people, but it certainly creates an environment that is conducive to them acting out in violent ways (for the sake of argument i'll ignore the sorry state of mental health care). I also want to say that nothing anyone says is justification for acting out in this way, they are still crazy for doing what they did. To reiterate, blaming Obama and Sanders or Trump for that matter is the exact opposite of what my point is. Politicians, The Media and various political groups would have no power if we did not empower them. I'm talking about me and you Keck, what we put out into the world has an effect. We can take responsibility for the power our words have, the things we repeat and the degree of meticulousness with which we process and express ideas. Brother Mark frequently repeated how Obama called conservatives/republicans his enemy, Jayne in the other thread about this indicated that she believes liberals call her a Neanderthal, You frequently talk about the horrible things you believe liberals say about you or conservatives or Christians in general...To me this is an obvious and personal example of how words have power and have impacted folks right here on this board. To me it looks like these words have wounded you, although its rare that people will admit that those words caused any pain, just anger (which itself is an effect that we shouldn't desire either honestly). Words from people who were not careful, or thoughtful or respectful so far as I can tell have had a lasting effect. That realization alone should be enough to make us consider our own words, but it doesn't apparently.

Blog Entries

I can tell that we don't think the same way about words and their power (I recall saying to you once that you take no responsibility whatsoever, this is what i meant). I'm not attempting to say that words create crazy people, but it certainly creates an environment that is conducive to them acting out in violent ways (for the sake of argument i'll ignore the sorry state of mental health care).
    Can you tell me specifically what words spoke from whom created the environment for the guy who shot JFK? Rep. Scalise?

I also want to say that nothing anyone says is justification for acting out in this way, they are still crazy for doing what they did. To reiterate, blaming Obama and Sanders or Trump for that matter is the exact opposite of what my point is. Politicians, The Media and various political groups would have no power if we did not empower them. I'm talking about me and you Keck, what we put out into the world has an effect. We can take responsibility for the power our words have, the things we repeat and the degree of meticulousness with which we process and express ideas. Brother Mark frequently repeated how Obama called conservatives/republicans his enemy, Jayne in the other thread about this indicated that she believes liberals call her a Neanderthal, You frequently talk about the horrible things you believe liberals say about you or conservatives or Christians in general...To me this is an obvious and personal example of how words have power and have impacted folks right here on this board. To me it looks like these words have wounded you, although its rare that people will admit that those words caused any pain, just anger (which itself is an effect that we shouldn't desire either honestly). Words from people who were not careful, or thoughtful or respectful so far as I can tell have had a lasting effect. That realization alone should be enough to make us consider our own words, but it doesn't apparently.
    To be honest, political rhetoric or motivational speeches don't motivate me at all. I'm way better if someone just cuts out all the chatter and gets to the bottom line, so I don't have to filter out thousands of empty words to find the ones that actually apply.

There has been civil discourse in this country ever since someone set foot on it. Maybe for the entire length of our history that rhetoric did set the dogs loose. What of it? Are we to social engineer our discourse and create "truthspeak" so as not to motivate anyone to anything?

In my opinion that is just a Band-Aid for a deeper, underlying issue.

The root problem as I see it has nothing to do with rhetoric. The problem is the total and complete lack of respect some people have developed for others. And the complete lack of respect for life, starting with the most innocent of us. Many do not embrace our equal intrinsic value because the least able to defend themselves are so easily disposed of.

Our culture of death and culture of political correctness has created an almost bi-polar culture in this country. We need to start at the root of the problem or the symptoms will never go away.

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby_Snacks View Post
    Well... now we can add anyone who owns a van, to the profiling list!
    Slug1--out

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Can you tell me specifically what words spoke from whom created the environment for the guy who shot JFK? Rep. Scalise?
    Stop right here and read my post again Keck, several times if you must, this is not what i'm saying. Try to read it with the understanding that i'm not significantly crazier or stupider than you.

There has been civil discourse in this country ever since someone set foot on it. Maybe for the entire length of our history that rhetoric did set the dogs loose. What of it? Are we to social engineer our discourse and create "truthspeak" so as not to motivate anyone to anything?
    I mean something more like don't use hyperbole 90% of the time because the idea that you wish to express is usually much more reasonable and can be discussed on its merits.

In my opinion that is just a Band-Aid for a deeper, underlying issue.
    Maybe it is, but even if it is, we could still use a band-aid right now. Not all of our wounds are so deep that a band-aid wont help us to start on the path to health. I get migraines, sometimes I take ibuprofen even though it only slightly lessens the intensity, but it is frequently enough to have a clear enough head to make the more substantial moves I need to make. I wouldn't be so quick to poo poo a little help even when you need a lot of help.

The problem as I see it has nothing to do with rhetoric. The problem is the total and complete lack of respect some people have developed for others.
    Yes, and that is exemplified in the lack of care we put into the way we talk to and about one another.

And the complete lack of respect for life, starting with the most innocent of us. Our culture of death and culture of political correctness has created an almost bi-polar culture in this country. We need to start at the root of the problem or the symptoms will never go away.
    What is the root?

Edit: Fogot a couple of things, would you say that you have been hurt by words of liberals or democrats?

This is an old one you never answered, Are christian identity politics a scam?

Blog Entries

Stop right here and read my post again Keck, several times if you must, this is not what i'm saying. Try to read it with the understanding that i'm not significantly crazier or stupider than you.
    I don't think you are crazy or stupid. When I moved to the town I currently live in from the city I came from, I discovered that the best way to dig out what people really think is to provoke them enough to let down their guard. Probably not the best technique, but it works. Now it's a habit.

Anyway, you said (paraphrased) that words create a space where crazy people can slip into to justify their actions. If I read you wrong, please correct me.

I mean something more like don't use hyperbole 90% of the time because the idea that you wish to express is usually much more reasonable and can be discussed on its merits.
    I think you are exaggerating regarding the "90%." And I think that exaggeration is in and of itself hyperbole.

Maybe it is, but even if it is, we could still use a band-aid right now. Not all of our wounds are so deep that a band-aid wont help us to start on the path to health. I get migraines, sometimes I take ibuprofen even though it only slightly lessens the intensity, but it is frequently enough to have a clear enough head to make the more substantial moves I need to make. I wouldn't be so quick to poo poo a little help even when you need a lot of help.
    Yeah, I suppose. But I would demand a condition - that we don't allow the wound to fester under the Band-Aid. Soothing words and the thought police won't tend to the wound. We need actions. So you tell me - who is brave enough to step out of their political bunker and proclaim that ALL life is precious and to be respected? Who? Because until we start there, the Band-Aid will be just like all Band-Aids - they will get wet, lose their protective properties and fall off.

So, let's start here, and I will humble myself to receive your perspective - so tell me - what must I do to step out of my own political bunker to respect life to embrace the idea that ALL people have equal intrinsic value? Because the solution always begins in our own hearts and the last thing I want to be is so arrogant that I poop all over myself defending the indefensible.

What is the root?
    Abortion.

Thread Information