Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Horrific act of anti-semitism in Pittsburg

Re: Horrific act of anti-semitism in Pittsburg

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    I go to services armed. Who knows? Perhaps God would use me as the agent of His protection over His people.
    amen Fenris.

God already has used you in the protection of His people. !!!!!!!

Satan knows which Congregation is Wise and has pastors/Rabbis packing. i note they don't come near our church, hmmm wonder why? (Fenris, the devil can see the Heat in your pocket, so yeah the demons have walked by already)

if anything, i hope all the Synagogues start packing, All Rabbis should have a couple of Good Heats in the Pulpit...and know how to use them. also the ushers should have AR's conveniently located for back up, deacons should be in Arm's Reach of loaded shot guns...all the time!

incidently...

that would solve the 'problem'.

incidently...

we have been doing that for years in our Rural Churches

incidently...

we Never read about this happening in Prepared Churches

incidently...

some would say this is 'unfair'. some also will say this is 'unchristian or unJewish' whatever.

incidently...

they would be wrong to Promote 'gun free churches'

any more Questions???

thought so!

Edit, now that was good preaching. stand up John and keep standing...

Edit 2, your welcome..........anytime!

Edit 3, now i know some of you 'Experts' may question what kind of Guns to arm your churches with...

i don't care.

they ALL do the same thing. if your a 'politically correct' church in a wealthy 'hood, then be more discreet about it. have about 10 to 20 guys with Concealed Revolvers spread throughout the building. also a Gun Rack in the Pastors office with rifles and shot guns.

our church, meh we Don't Conceal. the Pastor gets up to preach, the gun is in his Holster (you can see it when he takes his coat off, AND he wants you to See it!)...really now, where should it be? in the Organists purse? so yeah we get real......really fast.

in a home church i preach at, no one questions the Loaded Shotguns in the corner. but only christians attend, as this is not a 'revival tent meeting'.

and yes i agree with the Naysayer: 'why do you need guns in your House Church meeting'...well actually we don't 'need' them but i think it is good to set a Good Example for new believers (new believer may have grown up in a liberal democrat home thinking 'gun free zones' protect people). i like the House Churches with the Guns mounted in the Living Room Wall and a good size open Gun rack in the Hall way.

again, just minor questions of Decor.....to each his own.

if you want to do it Right? every adult member attending should be packing and with a couple shot guns in the trunk of their car ready to go.

those are just a few ideas, but why not stop this Nonsense this week?

why? or why not?
    Welcome to The Cutting Edge...
    "But none of the wicked shall understand [that the End of the Age is upon them]." [Daniel 12:10b]

Tit 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

2 Peter 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    Who do you think causes those who pick up the sword to die by the sword?
    The ordinance comes from the Lord. Whether we believe what he said is up to the hearer.

Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword. Mt.26:52

And these words must have seemed backwards to the apostles thinking, just as they seem completely, totally, 100% contrary to the passages you cited from Nehemiah and Esther, but they're not when we understand the "sword" that protects us is the word of the Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    Right, because you're all about things that can't be seen.
    So is everyone who has faith in God.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by journeyman View Post
    The ordinance comes from the Lord. Whether we believe what he said is up to the hearer.

Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword. Mt.26:52

And these words must have seemed backwards to the apostles thinking, just as they seem completely, totally, 100% contrary to the passages you cited from Nehemiah and Esther, but they're not when we understand the "sword" that protects us is the word of the Lord.
    Well that's your opinion about the Apostles, but God NEVER gave an ordinance for people not to defend their lives and other lives.

And I don't want to debate pacifism in this thread. Please start one if you do.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

ok.

funny thing though...

when the Soldiers came to arrest Peter, hmmm

he drew out his Sword...a real sword. slice and the Ear comes off!

was Peter not supposed to carry a Sword?

do you think Jesus would have told him that his Sword was not politically Correct?

painfully Obvious Journeyman.

or maybe Peter was a hmmmm republican and not converted yet. didn't go to the right indoctrination.

ok, thanks i get it now.

blessings.
    "But none of the wicked shall understand [that the End of the Age is upon them]." [Daniel 12:10b]

Tit 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

2 Peter 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

Blog Entries

So is everyone who has faith in God.
    Please don't speak for others. There is no command in the Bible that tells us to sit around like a mushroom and do nothing except "believe."

Virtually every commandment requires action from us, the weightiest is to preserve life. Whether that’s feeding the orphans and widows, clothing them, or defending them from being murdered, it doesn’t matter. If we are going to preserve life, we need to be prepared with the proper tools to accomplish that.

James says to “wish” someone well and ignore their plight is not a mark of faith.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    How is a senseless act of evil being turned into some kind of debate/argument?

For the love of God people remember that there are real human beings on the other side of the screen.
    Well Brian, John777 suggested this thread might go toward the light, but apparently not. I'm out.

Well that's your opinion about the Apostles, but God NEVER gave an ordinance for people not to defend their lives and other lives.

And I don't want to debate pacifism in this thread. Please start one if you do.
    amen Keck

just checked my Bible...

Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

not only are we to love our Wives...

we are to give Our Lives for our Wives like Christ did....'even as Christ also loved the Church'.

to me that is about facing the danger, meeting the danger, repelling the danger, over coming the danger and it necessary....

Giving our lives, because of the Danger!!!

Edit, oh and thanks, great sermon ideas.

Please don't speak for others. There is no command in the Bible that tells us to sit around like a mushroom and do nothing except "believe."

Virtually every commandment requires action from us.
    Action and faith cannot be separated. They are two sides to the same coin.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Well Brian, John777 suggested this thread might go toward the light, but apparently not. I'm out.
    amen Journey.

maybe as one Liberal Preacher said, Peter should have been carrying a 'letter opener' that is what Jesus really meant when he told them to carry swords. yep, the preacher said the sword was really just a 'pen knife' like you might have in your office desk for those pesky envelopes that needed to be opened. hmmm

thanks Journey, yeah a Real Letter Opener.

never know when the Apostle Paul is going to send yet another Epistle.

blessings.

Edit, the thread should go to solving the Problem, so that it doesn't happen again and again. should people Die in Vain, over and over and over.

well they have.

i have demonstrated Quite Clearly that this does not have to be. Lucifer likes the Killings, don't do anything, just let it Rip.

well satan is wrong, he is a Murderer and the Father of Lies. but we have Checked him today, at least for those who have the 'ears to hear' and the 'eyes to see'.

your choice.

don't let it happen where you worship..........Ever!

That's a funny mental image.
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

Wow.

The Independent:

On Sunday evening, Jeff Cohen, a member of Tree of Life synagogue and president of Allegheny General Hospital, described how he heard the gunshots break out on Saturday morning. He also revealed he had spoken to the alleged gunman.

“I went to see the shooter and the cops that were guarding him. You look at him, I wanted to try and understand why did he do this,” he told CNN. “And I have no answers. I asked him how are you feeling, and he was sort of groggy and said 'I’m feeling okay.' And I introduced myself as Dr. Cohen, the president of Allegheny General. And I left. The FBI agent in charge looked at me and says, 'I don’t know how you did that because I’m not sure I could have.'”

Mr Cohen said he believed it was “time for leaders to lead”.
    여러분은 주님 안에서 항상 기뻐하십시오. 내가 다시 말합니다. 기뻐하십시오.
    모든 사람을 너그럽게 대하십시오. 주님께서 오실 날이 가까웠습니다. Philippians 4

Quote Originally Posted by Aviyah View Post
    Wow.
    Jews are funny that way.

Here's an article from a magazine back in 2002, when Israel was getting rocked by suicide bombings left and right.

"It Gets Hard When They Cheer"

Larry Miller

August 19, 2002

No one likes hospitals. Of course, when we need them, we thank God they're there, and we hope we, or our loved ones, are in a good one. My mother-in-law, God bless her, is in a hospital now down in Orange County, and it's as beautiful a facility as you're ever going to run into, I guess. But I noticed several things there, and I think these are universal. First, as you walk from the parking lot into the hospital you see people who've just checked out, heading home with their families. Obviously, they are very happy. But look closer, next time. The happiness they have, especially the ex-patients, is deep, glowing, radiating. As we all know, when it comes to the hospital, many check in, but not so many check out, and the ones that do are left, even temporarily, with a reflective mien. Grateful. Thoughtful. "Didn't get me this time. Let's get out of here. Quickly. Guy in the next room won't make it. I did. Why? I don't know. Come on. Faster. I need to start forgetting."

Lucky people. Another observation is how quickly we learn our way around the hospital. Going out for coffee, or to make a call, we all know, very soon, where we're going, don't we? Down here, turn left, past the oncology lab, not those elevators, they're too slow, the back ones, around the corner, are faster. We learn the paths easily, and the place begins to feel familiar. We can even spot newcomers, and we smirk a little, inwardly, as they pass us, tentatively looking around. Go on, we silently urge, a little further, check at the nurses' station. They'll tell you where Uncle Pete is. I'm going to the commissary. Easy to find. You'll know soon.

After even only a couple of hours, I find myself, weirdly, so familiar with the surroundings I almost feel like strolling into one of the other rooms on "my" floor and checking the clipboard at the end of the bed. I don't know why, I couldn't possibly help anyone, and unless that clipboard has a crossword puzzle on it, I wouldn't even know what the hell I was looking at anyway.

The third thought I had was how, for all of us, it is not possible to empathize, really, with the person in the bed if that person isn't you. I think we all have a natural defense mechanism. And even if the patient is someone we care about, at the moment of standing somberly around the room, whether the loved one is out cold, or tremendously uncomfortable, or even close to passing on, it's hard not to think, "Soon I'll be back in the hotel room. I wonder if they serve late? Something other than trail mix would be nice. Hit that mini-bar, too." No, the only time we, each of us, will understand is when we're the ones in the bed. Soon enough, God knows. Soon enough. Then we'll get it. As we labor with each breath through the plastic nosepiece, we'll look around, focus with effort, and see, through their concern, everyone thinking, "Soon I'll be back in the hotel room." My mother had a long illness. My father went in a flash, and was sitting next to God before he even hit the floor. God willing, we'll all have the grace to take whatever we're supposed to take.

I was in two other hospitals recently, just a week ago, in Israel. It was part of my trip, to meet some victims of the terror bombings and their families. As an aside to this, you might like to hear something good and something not so good.

First, something good. Since I knew I was going to be seeing a lot of kids, I thought maybe they would like some videos. A couple of the recent Disney movies I've been in struck me as possible, "The Princess Diaries," and "Max Keeble's Big Move." I called my publicist, Michael Hansen, and he called Adam Jordon, Director of National Publicity, Buena Vista Pictures Marketing. (That's a heckuva title, isn't it? One more promotion, and he's going to need double-doors on his office to hold all the words.) Anyway, Adam stepped right up and said, essentially, "Whatever you want." They're sending so much stuff, we decided to ship it after I got back: Shirts, hats, posters, movies, photos. Good for you, Disney.

Second, something not so good. Before leaving, I asked one of the doctors over there if there was anything he thought the kids seemed to want more than anything else. He instantly answered, "Lakers. Anything from the Los Angeles Lakers." Well, okay, great, let's get them some Lakers stuff. So Michael Hansen called the Head of Consumer Relations and Merchandizing for the Lakers (I'm not even going to say her name) and he told her what I was doing and where I was going, and she said, "We're out." I beg your pardon? Did you say out? What does that mean? "Well, there was a big rush after the season, and we're out." Out of everything? No shirts, no hats, no banners, no stickers, no, I don't know, bunny ears in gold and purple? "Nothing. We have nothing." Well, that's quite a run you had. You're just . . . out. No big deal, why, it could happen to anyone. So my wife and I took the kids the day before I left and went to a store and bought as much as they had. And we filled a pretty big duffle bag. And when I got to Israel, and the guy at the hospital saw the stuff, he thanked me, and said what a nice team the Lakers were for sending it all. And with the best acting I could muster, I smiled and said, "They sure are. Couldn't do enough for the kids. Anytime, they said." Yay, Disney, boo, Lakers.

All right, back to the story. As I said, I went to two places to meet the terror victims. One was in Tel Aviv. I met an emergency room doctor, a woman, whose husband was killed a year ago in a bombing. She has two children. Had. Now she has one. She was on duty, weeks ago, in the middle of the night (Don't they call that the graveyard shift?), the night a disco was bombed. Maybe you heard about it. The victims were brought to her hospital. To her. Her daughter was one of them. Now the mother is a patient. "It was good of you to let her tell you her story," the head of the place told me. "It's therapeutic." Good of me? What do you say to that? "I'm glad I could help so much. Gotta go now. Soon I'll be back in the hotel room."

Then we went to Hadassah Hospital, in Jerusalem. This is the hospital where they brought the victims of the bombing at Hebrew University. I met a woman who had been having lunch that day, in the Frank Sinatra Commissary (really) with her daughter, a student. An "A" student, the mother told me. It wasn't possible for the daughter to tell me, since they were still trying to put her back together. At this writing she's still alive, thank God. Just. An "A" student, the mother kept saying. She was the lucky one, whatever that means. Hey, what's that on the table? Oh, it's a cup with the nails they took out of me. Some are still inside. They can't take them out yet. Oh. Okay. Gotta go. Wait, go in there, here's someone else, the brother of someone else, the fiancee of someone else, the father of someone else. Thank you for letting them tell their stories. Yes, I know, it's therapeutic.

Downstairs, before we left, the head of the hospital, an Israeli named Audrey, was showing me the children's waiting room. I couldn't help but notice, all around, an Arab woman with her son, an Arab family over there checking in, Arab children playing with the toys while waiting. The doctor saw the look on my face and laughed. "Oh, yes, we treat everyone." I guess I was astonished. She just shrugged. "We're Jews. This is how we live. It's also for the future. They're not going anywhere, and we're not going anywhere. There will eventually be peace. There has to be." When? A month? A year? A hundred years? More? She didn't know. I had to say it. You're incredible. You take everyone, you treat everyone, no one goes first, no one goes last, you just go in order of who needs help. That's, like, Mother Teresa stuff. "We're not saints, we're just doing our jobs. It's not easy, I admit. And it gets hard when they cheer when the bodies are brought in." I looked at her. What did you say? She sighed. "Yes, it gets hard when they cheer." This was one of the times during my trip when I held up my hands and said, "Stop. Wait." I turned and walked away to breathe deeply for a minute. I wonder if they've restocked that mini-bar. Yeah, probably. It's a good hotel.

I didn't meet one Jew the whole trip who didn't think there would be peace, not one. "We can work it out. We have to. They're not going anywhere. Neither are we."

Of course, it gets hard when they cheer.

I guess it does.
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Quote Originally Posted by Aviyah View Post
    Wow.

And I left. The FBI agent in charge looked at me and says, 'I don’t know how you did that because I’m not sure I could have.'”

Mr Cohen said he believed it was “time for leaders to lead”.[/I]
    thanks Aviyah...

actually it is Past Time for 'leaders to lead'.

leaders have not lead, “Where there is no vision the people perish,” the King James Version translation of Proverbs 29:18.

we need leaders with Vision, and keep on pursuing the Vision. many know what to do, but just sit back and do nothing...

that day is Over.

Henry Ford had that one figured out...

IN ORDER TO HAVE VISION WE NEED VISIONARY LEADERSHIP

Automobile genius Henry Ford once came up with a revolutionary plan for a new kind of engine. We know it today as the V-8. Ford was eager to get his new idea into production. He had some of his men draw up plans and presented them to the engineers.

As the engineers studied the drawings, one by one they came to the same conclusion. Their visionary boss just didn't know much about the fundamental principles of engineering. He'd have to be told gently -- his dream was impossible. When told, Henry Ford said, "Produce it anyway." They said, "But it is impossible." Ford said, "Go ahead, and stay on the job until you succeed, no matter how much time is required."

For six months they struggled with drawing after drawing, design after design. Nothing. Another six months. Nothing. At the end of the year Ford checked with his engineers, and once again they told him that what he wanted was impossible. Ford told them to keep going. They did. And they discovered how to build a V-8 engine!

In order to accomplish a plan or to follow God’s vision the Lord placed Pastors in local Churches that will get the plan and build teams to put it into practice in the right time and the right season.

Some people come to the services here and have their own plans and vision for this Church but it’s the role of the pastor to make sure that God’s plan and vision is put into practice. As Ford gathered his team to build the first engine of the modern era and was persistent even when the experts told him that it was impossible our Lord has placed leaders among us that have a plan to build a Church of Multitudes in our City. You either join the team or seat down and wait for others to do the work. At the end of your life you will be accountable to God according to your faithfulness. https://www.sermoncentral.com/sermon...edience-153297

amen!

pastors/ Rabbis get out there and Lead

till the Stars fall

till the Lord comes and takes us all home

blessings.

Edit, great story Fenris...

I didn't meet one Jew the whole trip who didn't think there would be peace, not one. "We can work it out. We have to. They're not going anywhere. Neither are we."
    that is why many Christians risk it all: there will be peace!

Jesus will rule from Jerusalem for 1,000 years, we call that the 'Millenium'. he promised David a kingdom for 1000 years...

and yes i back it all up: again and again and again, here we go....

Question: "Will David reign with Jesus in the Millennial Kingdom?"

Answer:
    After the Tribulation and the Battle of Armageddon, Jesus will establish His 1,000-year Kingdom on earth. In Jeremiah 30, God promises Israel that the yoke of foreign oppression would be cast off forever, and “instead, they will serve the Lord their God and David their king, whom I will raise up for them” (verse 9). Speaking of the same time, God says through the prophet Ezekiel, “My servant David will be king over them, and they will all have one shepherd. They will follow my laws and be careful to keep my decrees” (Ezekiel 37:24). From the prophecies of Jeremiah and Ezekiel, some have concluded that King David will be resurrected during the Millennium and installed as co-regent over Israel, ruling the Kingdom with Jesus Christ.

Jeremiah’s and Ezekiel’s prophecies should be understood this way: the Jews would one day return to their own country, their yoke of slavery would be removed, their fellowship with God would be restored, and God would provide them with a King of His own choosing. This King would, in some way, be like King David of old. These passages can refer to none other than the long-awaited Messiah, the “Servant of the Lord” (cf. Isaiah 42:1). The Jews sometimes referred to the Messiah as “David” because it was known the Messiah would come from David’s lineage. The New Testament often refers to Jesus as the “Son of David” (Matthew 15:22; Mark 10:47).

There are other reasons, besides being the Son of David, that the Messiah is referred to as “David.” King David in the Old Testament was a man after God’s own heart (Acts 13:22), he was an unlikely king of God’s own choosing, and the Spirit of God was upon Him (1 Samuel 16:12–13). David, then, is a type of Christ (a type is a person who foreshadows someone else). Another example of this kind of typology is Elijah, whose ministry foreshadowed that of John the Baptist to the extent that Malachi called John “Elijah” (Malachi 4:5; cf. Luke 1:17; Mark 9:11–13).

David will be resurrected at the beginning of the Millennium, along with all the other Old Testament saints. And David will be one of those who reign with Jesus in the Kingdom (Daniel 7:27). However, all believers will rule the nations (Revelation 2:26–27; 20:4) and judge the world (1 Corinthians 6:2). The apostle Peter calls Christians “a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation” (1 Peter 2:9). In Revelation 3:21, Jesus says about the believer who conquers, “I will grant him to sit with me on my throne.” In some sense, then, Christians will share authority with Christ (cf. Ephesians 2:6). There is some biblical evidence, as in the Parable of the Ten Minas (Luke 19:11–27), that individuals will be given more or less authority in the Kingdom according to how they handle the responsibilities God has given them in this age (Luke 19:17).

Jesus is the King of kings (Revelation 19:16). Humanly speaking, Jesus is from the Davidic dynasty; but in power, in glory, in righteousness, and in every other way, He is rightly called the Greater David. “The government will be on his shoulders” (Isaiah 9:6). The Old and New Testaments reveal that the future King during the Millennium and all eternity is Jesus Christ and Him alone (Jeremiah 23:5; Isaiah 9:7; 33:22; Revelation 17:14; 1 Timothy 6:15).

Recommended Resource: Thy Kingdom Come by J. Dwight Pentecost

https://www.gotquestions.org/David-kingdom.html

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianCoffee View Post
    I have one word for this: broken.

Prayers to ALL involved in this entire situation. May the Lord touch the hearts, heal them, and may His justice be swift.
    Amen
    Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written, ‘For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.’ No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    Rm 8:35-39

Thread Information