Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does Satan have power?

Re: Does Satan have power?

The reason we are here on earth is to determine which side we will choose....good or evil. satan is allowed to torment people and the worse it gets the more people will seperate into a group (good or evil) when everyone has chosen a side that is when Christ comes back for judgement. humbly...allan

Cool Re: Does Satan have power?

The presence of demonic forces is not a popular doctrine among people of the world and some professing Christians. That is because Satan and his demons do not want their presence to be known. These demonic thoughts then put a guilt trip on the humans and hinder them from walking uprightly. Christians that want victory in their lives must know of the spiritual setbacks that get in the way of our receiving God's blessings. And, we must resist them.

"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the Devil, and he will flee from you" (James 4:7).

How does Satan accuse us?
    Rev. 12:10, 11 “And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ: For the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.”

We need to overcome Satan and his works, just like our Lord Jesus did.

1 John 3:8 "He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil."

John 15:17 "These things I command you, that ye love one another."

Quote Originally Posted by humbleone View Post
    The reason we are here on earth is to determine which side we will choose....good or evil. satan is allowed to torment people and the worse it gets the more people will seperate into a group (good or evil) when everyone has chosen a side that is when Christ comes back for judgement. humbly...allan
    No, people without the holy spirit are led around by Satan at his will. They just don't know it. That is why we are told of the spiritual warfare taking place. Satan is just a tool for us to overcome. We get out of bed put on our armor and head out into the world ready for anything. We have discernment to see the devil's works and we are to stand against them. The sword of the word better be in our heads and our mouths otherwise it is useless. We can carry around a Bible; but if the word is not in and a part of us--it is no good to us.

Yeah the bible says he's the god of this world.
    2 Corinthians 4:4
    Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don’t understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.

But it does not compare to Jesus.
    Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

After the cross Satan lost power over earth. All he can do is just try to blind the minds of men.

Quote Originally Posted by Myname View Post
    Yeah the bible says he's the god of this world.
    2 Corinthians 4:4
    Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don’t understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.

But it does not compare to Jesus.
    Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

After the cross Satan lost power over earth. All he can do is just try to blind the minds of men.
    Which he does a pretty good job of it, concerning the unsaved. We are in the world but we are not of the world. If you love the things of this world, it will show in your life. If the world hates you, know that it also hated our Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Translucent1 View Post
    Some claim that Satan has power, others claim Satan is a liar and only goes after the weak and unwitting, others claim Satan does not exist.

I think Satan is a tool used by God to preserve God's holiness. I made this conclusion after an incarnation of Satan appeared in my dream, having sex with my potential partner. Then when I woke up, I understood the truth of how vulnerable she is to evil, and it made me want to protect her even more.
    you think God uses pure evil......to preserve his holiness?

I'm not following that part.

He has only the authority that God ordained for him to have, not to preserve his holiness, God himself is the standard for holiness, anything he does or says is holy. He will still be holy when Satan is being tormented in hell and the saints are singing worthy is the lamb who was slain.....He was holy before man became sinners, will be holy when mankind is home with him.

satans power, is sin through temptation. Those who reject Christ, are beneath his authority we serve either sin, the will of Satan for mankind and die. Or we serve Christ in freedom unto glory and eternal life. If Christ is Lord of man, the power is in US. To stand against the plots and wiles of the enemy, to resist temptation and see him FLEE...he has power over those who reject Christ, he is actually called the God of this age. Definitely has power over the flesh our enemy indeed.

“Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”
    **James‬ *4:7‬ *KJV‬‬

“Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world. But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you. To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.”
    **1 Peter‬ *5:6-11‬ *KJV‬‬

he has power, over those who refuse to repent of sin , when we sin willfully we give him power over us. It is temporary and it is subject to Gods authority, he does have power where Christ is absent in a heart......the worst part is that most don't even know what's happening

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Follower1977 View Post
    you think God uses pure evil......to preserve his holiness?

I'm not following that part.

He has only the authority that God ordained for him to have, not to preserve his holiness, God himself is the standard for holiness, anything he does or says is holy. He will still be holy when Satan is being tormented in hell and the saints are singing worthy is the lamb who was slain.....He was holy before man became sinners, will be holy when mankind is home with him.

satans power, is sin through temptation. Those who reject Christ, are beneath his authority we serve either sin, the will of Satan for mankind and die. Or we serve Christ in freedom unto glory and eternal life. If Christ is Lord of man, the power is in US. To stand against the plots and wiles of the enemy, to resist temptation and see him FLEE...he has power over those who reject Christ, he is actually called the God of this age. Definitely has power over the flesh our enemy indeed.

“Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”
    **James‬ *4:7‬ *KJV‬‬

“Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world. But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you. To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.”
    **1 Peter‬ *5:6-11‬ *KJV‬‬

he has power, over those who refuse to repent of sin , when we sin willfully we give him power over us. It is temporary and it is subject to Gods authority, he does have power where Christ is absent in a heart......the worst part is that most don't even know what's happening
    You are so right, there are those that do not see there sin they are blind to it, but we must not judge them that do sin because we were once as they were.
    It is only by the Grace of God that he reveals himself to those lost to sin.
    Then repentance begins, for now the person knows of his sinfulness and is deeply cut to the very core.
    Now he must work on his salvation not through works but by denying Satan and defeating him with the word of God.
    And hopefully he will stay on the narrow path.
    May God have mercy on us all.

Satan only has as much power as God allows. Read Job.

Quote Originally Posted by McRen View Post
    Satan only has as much power as God allows. Read Job.
    Exactly, for God is all knowing he knows whats going to happen and nothing happens he hasnt already allowed to happen. There is nothing that is going to suddenly happen that will surprise God. God is all powerful and Satan has limited function as he is ultimately God's tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Deade View Post
    The presence of demonic forces is not a popular doctrine among people of the world and some professing Christians.
    and there seems to be a popular doctrine that demonic forces are the root and cause of all that is bad today

That is because Satan and his demons do not want their presence to be known.
    Like the aliens and Yetis, it seems like they really don't exist anymore but really your telling me its just that they are so clever it seems for all intent and purposes that their plan of doing everything unseen is working brilliantly.

These demonic thoughts then put a guilt trip on the humans and hinder them from walking uprightly.
    Oh so its demons that make people feel guilty...

Christians that want victory in their lives must know of the spiritual setbacks that get in the way of our receiving God's blessings. And, we must resist them.
    Christians that want victory in their lives? Sounds like something we have to work to achieve? Don't we have victory the moment we trust in God, Im not exactly sure what you mean by wanting victory we must resist them? Do they do things to you?

"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the Devil, and he will flee from you" (James 4:7).

How does Satan accuse us?
    Rev. 12:10, 11 “And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ: For the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.”

We need to overcome Satan and his works, just like our Lord Jesus did.
    If Jesus overcame Satan why do we need to? Do you also think we need to destroy the works of the devil like the Lord did?

1 John 3:8 "He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil."

Quote Originally Posted by boangry View Post
    and there seems to be a popular doctrine that demonic forces are the root and cause of all that is bad today[COLOR=#8b4513][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2]
    what exactly is the cause for all the evil in the world?

and there seems to be a popular doctrine that demonic forces are the root and cause of all that is bad today

No, we all are capable of evil. Satan just knows how to bring this up and exploits it.

Like the aliens and Yetis, it seems like they really don't exist anymore but really your telling me its just that they are so clever it seems for all intent and purposes that their plan of doing everything unseen is working brilliantly.

We are told that Satan and his minions run the world system. Jesus didn't even argue the point when He was tempted. Satan could have given Him the world system. That's pretty clever.

Oh so its demons that make people feel guilty...

YES!

Christians that want victory in their lives? Sounds like something we have to work to achieve? Don't we have victory the moment we trust in God, Im not exactly sure what you mean by wanting victory we must resist them? Do they do things to you?

Yes they try, just as they get you to do things. If you think God is not going to let Satan get at you to test you, you had better wake up from your dream.

If Jesus overcame Satan why do we need to? Do you also think we need to destroy the works of the devil like the Lord did?

If we have nothing left to do, why does He not just change us and be done with it? Everyone is going to have to overcome Satan before they are glorified. It's in God word. Read it.

Quote Originally Posted by jaybird View Post
    what exactly is the cause for all the evil in the world?
    Short answer would be sin which we are all poisoned with.

For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world.

No, we all are capable of evil. Satan just knows how to bring this up and exploits it.
    Are you are saying we can all sin, but sometimes Satan helps us to sin? Seems to me a moot point the way I see you seeing it he doesnt make us do anything our own sinful desires can't accomplish by ourselves, hence I hold myself responsible for my own weakness.

[CtOLOR=#8b4513]
    We are told that Satan and his minions run the world system. Jesus didn't even argue the point when He was tempted. Satan could have given Him the world system. That's pretty clever.

[/COLOR][COLOR=#8b4513][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2]
    [COLOR=#8b4513][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2]
    I think God runs the world system.

Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but from God; the powers that be are ordained by God

YES!

What! If demons are responsible for making us feel guilty then if there were no demons we wouldn't feel guilty?

Does that mean we could sin guilt free? Or would we be sinless as well?
    Yes they try, just as they get you to do things. If you think God is not going to let Satan get at you to test you, you had better wake up from your dream.
    I fear God not Satan, I'm not sure what you mean by Satan testing me, if he can enter into me lol and make me throw some litter on to the pavement then I guess I'm a sinner just as Peter is. But I laugh at the idea of Satan causing me to sin, for he can't take away my salvation. Yet I take seriously the danger of sin it could cost me my eternal soul.

If we have nothing left to do, why does He not just change us and be done with it? Everyone is going to have to overcome Satan before they are glorified. It's in God word. Read it.
    So we have to vanquish Satan before we are glorified? Is this accomplished by becoming sinless?

Thread Information