Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does Satan have power?

Blog Entries

Does Satan have power?

Some claim that Satan has power, others claim Satan is a liar and only goes after the weak and unwitting, others claim Satan does not exist.

I think Satan is a tool used by God to preserve God's holiness. I made this conclusion after an incarnation of Satan appeared in my dream, having sex with my potential partner. Then when I woke up, I understood the truth of how vulnerable she is to evil, and it made me want to protect her even more.

Blog Entries

Re: Does Satan have power?

Satan can only capitalize on sinful desires that are already in you.

But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. (James 1)

If your potential partner is living in sin, it's because that is her desire. Pray for God's intervention and that she comes to salvation.
    여러분은 주님 안에서 항상 기뻐하십시오. 내가 다시 말합니다. 기뻐하십시오.
    모든 사람을 너그럽게 대하십시오. 주님께서 오실 날이 가까웠습니다. Philippians 4

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Translucent1 View Post
    Some claim that Satan has power, others claim Satan is a liar and only goes after the weak and unwitting, others claim Satan does not exist.

I think Satan is a tool used by God to preserve God's holiness. I made this conclusion after an incarnation of Satan appeared in my dream, having sex with my potential partner. Then when I woke up, I understood the truth of how vulnerable she is to evil, and it made me want to protect her even more.
    1. Satan does exist.
    2. He has power.
    3. God doesn't use him to "preserve his holiness".

Blog Entries

Satan is sin he is manifested through sin itself, he is the monster within that needs to be fed.
    I would question your lust for her, not question her faith or worry for her.
    If you have been shown a vision then it's for you not for her.

My sin was lust after the flesh and I can't count how many dreams I had of sexual orientation. I grew to hate the fact even though I was denying myself he would still make me dream but I was able to stop them by praying and abstaining.

Not saying that's what you should do, that's your choice but if I could go back in time I would prefer to be celibate.

This is why Jesus says some will become celibate for him.

It's important not to forget what Jesus did for us on the cross. God sent his Son into the world to destroy the works of the devil for those that would believe on him; "He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil (1 John 3:8)."

For those who have rejected Christ in their life, Satan already has his grip on them. He has power over their lives and they are subject to him. This is a fearful place to be. It's frightening to fear Satan, but its more frightening to Fear God. One may believe that those who reject Christ do not fear him, and that may me the case now; until he manifests himself to them. Consider the time that Jesus manifested himself to the two men that were possessed with devils. The devils exceedingly feared Jesus. They knew he had power over them. They begged him not to destroy them. (Matthew 8:31).

For born again believers in Christ who actively seek God, Satan has no power over them; "Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4)."

I am not suggesting that we will not become weak at times, or that we will not be tempted, or at other times be drawn away to commit sin. But the spirit of God will put us back on track by conviction and working in our hearts a Godly sorrow; that we will acknowledge the works of the flesh when it is conceived in our lives and we will know what to do about it. We will know we must repent and turn away, having a change of heart. Therefore, the Spirit of God is much more powerful than the working of Satan. I love the passage; "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you (James 4:7)". This is a great chapter to read.

Back to your dream, Satan uses every little device to cause you to fear, even in your dreams. It's great that you want to protect her, especially if she is not a believer. But this type of warfare is not won by your hands. It can only be won through prayer to God, fasting, and submitting yourself to God. This is how you win this battle. You must trust in God and not yourself.

He only has the power we give him. True for believers and unbelievers alike.

Blog Entries

[1] Satan does have limited power that God allows him to have. See Job's story. See Peter's story - Luke 22:31. Satan has to have permission for limited power.

[2] Satan is a liar and goes after everyone, not just the weak and unwitting. So says Jesus in his revelation - Revelation 12:9

[3] We are all vulnerable to evil. Is your friend a Christian?

[4] Satan does NOT preserve God's holiness. Satan is about destruction and unholiness. God sent his Son, Jesus Christ to save people from their sins - that's preserving holiness. God even sent the Law to Moses in the Old Testament. Paul says in Galatians that it was a guardian and an intermediary until faith and Christ came. That's preserving holiness.

The devil does not preserve anything of God.
    ".....it's your nickel"

Satan has lots of power, just like Man has lots of power. This is not just the power to deceive, but also the power to do miracles. God often uses dreams as warnings in the night. I would not read into them any more than the lesson learned.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    Satan has lots of power, just like Man has lots of power. This is not just the power to deceive, but also the power to do miracles. God often uses dreams as warnings in the night. I would not read into them any more than the lesson learned.
    So... what lesson do you think I should learn from this dream? The fact that Satan already has her, and that I am powerless to help her? It's true that I have plenty of lust for her, yet my lust for her is beginning to wane as I type this.

Blog Entries

So... what lesson do you think I should learn from this dream? The fact that Satan already has her, and that I am powerless to help her? It's true that I have plenty of lust for her, yet my lust for her is beginning to wane as I type this.
    It is your lust, the dream is yours to warn you.
    Lust makes us blind, or love, we don't see the whole picture because of it.
    I can only go on how I was, in the end it consumed me leading me to the grave.
    I didn't know it was lust until I had a dream where God showed me my inner self.
    I had been suffering for years and that was my punishment.

Living with a woman can sometimes be difficult, they can be loving one minute then a wailing banche the next.
    Look at how that person lives or what she wants does it correspond with the bible and what you want.
    The pleasure of sex are very dangerous and cloud the mind and we sometime don't see the other for who they truly are.

I have been reading some of your other comments on this site and you seem to have a good understanding

or he has you, you are the vulnerable one, and are doing exactly what he wants you to do? Why do you think the dream was from God and not you?

100 Million dead in acts of conflict over the last 100 years, i would say Satan has plenty of power.

Pharaoh's court magicians threw down their staffs, which turned into snakes by the power of the evil one or perhaps, some of his higher level demons.

Well, when Yeshua was tempted by Satan, Satan promised all the nations he would give to Yeshua if only Yeshua would worship him. That wouldn't be a temptation if Satan didn't actually have title deed to those nations.

In Deuteronomy 32:8 the nations were separated according to the number of the Bene haElohim, sons of God. That same term in Genesis 6 and Job 1. Many translations say Sons of Israel, but Israel did not exist when the Lord separated out the nations in Genesis 10. The LXX states it as the nations were separated based on the number of the sons/angels of God.

Brenton Septuagint Translation
    When the Most High divided the nations, when he separated the sons of Adam, he set the bounds of the nations according to the number of the angels of God.

English Standard Version
    When the Most High gave to the nations their inheritance, when he divided mankind, he fixed the borders of the peoples according to the number of the sons of God.

Berean Study Bible
    When the Most High gave the nations their inheritance, when He divided the sons of man, He set the boundaries of the peoples according to the number of the sons of God.

Given the turmoil between the angels and the loss of title deed to the earth by the sin of Adam, Satan does indeed have ownership of the nations fo the earth. Remember when the angel Gabriel had to fight the angel behind the power of Persia for 21 days before he could get to Daniel? And that he would have to go back and fight the angel behind the power of Greece after that? Clearly implying that fallen angels, are behind and in control of the nations and Satan has the authority.

So Satan is not some abstract force that is sin. He has power. Paul says he is the prince of the power of the air. Peter says Satan roams as a lion seeking whom he may devour. How we think or perceive him is really not part of the equation.
    Israel.... the Believer's insurance policy!

Read the 1st several chapters of Job. Lucifer (satan) came to God and had a discussion about "Job" substitute the name Job to people on earth, and you will know what satan is allowed to do to us humans. humbly...allan

Thread Information