Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: seventh, or the eighth day?

seventh, or the eighth day?

what day are we in the seventh, or the eighth?
    seeing that the Lord had Israel respect the seventh day as the last day of the week, and its the last day of the week because the week began over again on the eighth day.
    so could it be the next week has started or eighth day? circumcision is traditionally admin on the eight day and Jesus rose on the eighth day. but what may be the clincher is Jesus is the Light and the Light has shown into the darkness (the world) without force as in “LET there be light” in the first day. of which there was still darkness because God separated the two:
    Gen 1:4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

and if one listens to Jesus speak in this parable:
    Mat 13:47 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind:
    Mat 13:48 Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away.
    Mat 13:49 So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
    Mat 13:50 And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

so like the first day so is the eighth, is it not?
    Let there be Light

Blog Entries

Re: seventh, or the eighth day?

Circumcision is not on the "eighth day" of the week, it is eight days after birth. That can be any day of the week.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    Circumcision is not on the "eighth day" of the week, it is eight days after birth. That can be any day of the week.
    did I say Circumcision was on the eighth day of a week or the day after following a week as in Sunday? or did I say on the eighth day? on the eighth day is correct isn't it? in creation there is no previous week of days mentioned is there? nor is there any previous week to a life only 7 days old.
    Let there be Light

When we study the Bible we find layer after layer of beauty, nourishment, revelation and knowledge. One of the grand systems of the Bible is its "heptadic" construction. That is, structures of SEVENS are found everywhere. Anyone interested in this structure should read books by Ivan Panin.

One of the heptadic systems is God's restoration of mankind to his original position as being in the image and likeness of God, and subduing and ruling the earth, sea and sky. Various students of the Bible, with slight variations, come to;
    • Adam to Christ - 4,000 years
    • Christ's first advent to His second - 2,000 years
    • Christ's subduing and ruling this earth with chosen co-kings - 1,000 years

The variations come mostly from the decision whether to use prophetic years or actual years. And example of this is found in the difference between the calculation in 1st Kings 6 of 480 years from Israel's exit of Egypt till Solomon started the Temple, and the calculation in Acts Chapter 13 where we come to 573 years.

Be that as it may, we are presently near the end of the 6th one-thousand year period. And because Psalm 90:4 and 2nd Peter 3.8 say that a thousand years is like a day for the Lord, we may say that we stand at the pre-dawn of the SEVENTH DAY. But most good Bible students do not formulate DOCTRINE by these TYPES and SHADOWS. They ENHANCE their revelation of the Bible by these revelations but formulate doctrine ONLY BY DIRECT STATEMENTS!

Now, if we accept that Christ's reign on earth for the first one thousand years is the SEVENTH, we see that death is not yet defeated. The Church and Israel are resurrected at Christ's Second Coming (1st Cor.15:22-23), but "the rest of the dead" are only resurrected at the end of Christ's one-thousand-years reign (Rev.20:5, 12-13). Death is a matter of the flesh. It is the wages of sin (singular) and Christ's death was because of the "sinful flesh" (Rom.7:5, 25, 8:3). So when all men receive their new bodies, the problem with the old flesh of sin is solved. So the "SIGN" of circumcision, where the flesh is cut off on the eighth day after birth, is REALIZED at the beginning of the eighth one-thousand year period. That is why Revelation 21:4 can assure us that on the New Earth, which is also instituted AFTER the seventh one-thousand year period, there is NO MORE DEATH. The old flesh is fully CUT OFF.

Now, as I said, it would be unwise to formulate a DOCTRINE on this matter, but the astute student of scripture knows that it is going to happen like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DPMartin View Post
    did I say Circumcision was on the eighth day of a week or the day after following a week as in Sunday? or did I say on the eighth day? on the eighth day is correct isn't it? in creation there is no previous week of days mentioned is there? nor is there any previous week to a life only 7 days old.
    Yes you did because your sentence was structured as two phrases tied together by an adverb - with Jesus’ resurrection and circumcision indicated as the same day - which by the way is the first day of the week.

Weeks are seven days long, not eight

Yes you did because your sentence was structured as two phrases tied together by an adverb - with Jesus’ resurrection and circumcision indicated as the same day - which by the way is the first day of the week.

Weeks are seven days long, not eight
    are they really? is that some great knowledge you have that a week is seven days? WOW! thing is you do know what I mean by what was posted in the OP, don't you?
    Let there be Light

Quote Originally Posted by Walls View Post
    When we study the Bible we find layer after layer of beauty, nourishment, revelation and knowledge. One of the grand systems of the Bible is its "heptadic" construction. That is, structures of SEVENS are found everywhere. Anyone interested in this structure should read books by Ivan Panin.

One of the heptadic systems is God's restoration of mankind to his original position as being in the image and likeness of God, and subduing and ruling the earth, sea and sky. Various students of the Bible, with slight variations, come to;
    • Adam to Christ - 4,000 years
    • Christ's first advent to His second - 2,000 years
    • Christ's subduing and ruling this earth with chosen co-kings - 1,000 years

The variations come mostly from the decision whether to use prophetic years or actual years. And example of this is found in the difference between the calculation in 1st Kings 6 of 480 years from Israel's exit of Egypt till Solomon started the Temple, and the calculation in Acts Chapter 13 where we come to 573 years.

Be that as it may, we are presently near the end of the 6th one-thousand year period. And because Psalm 90:4 and 2nd Peter 3.8 say that a thousand years is like a day for the Lord, we may say that we stand at the pre-dawn of the SEVENTH DAY. But most good Bible students do not formulate DOCTRINE by these TYPES and SHADOWS. They ENHANCE their revelation of the Bible by these revelations but formulate doctrine ONLY BY DIRECT STATEMENTS!

Now, if we accept that Christ's reign on earth for the first one thousand years is the SEVENTH, we see that death is not yet defeated. The Church and Israel are resurrected at Christ's Second Coming (1st Cor.15:22-23), but "the rest of the dead" are only resurrected at the end of Christ's one-thousand-years reign (Rev.20:5, 12-13). Death is a matter of the flesh. It is the wages of sin (singular) and Christ's death was because of the "sinful flesh" (Rom.7:5, 25, 8:3). So when all men receive their new bodies, the problem with the old flesh of sin is solved. So the "SIGN" of circumcision, where the flesh is cut off on the eighth day after birth, is REALIZED at the beginning of the eighth one-thousand year period. That is why Revelation 21:4 can assure us that on the New Earth, which is also instituted AFTER the seventh one-thousand year period, there is NO MORE DEATH. The old flesh is fully CUT OFF.

Now, as I said, it would be unwise to formulate a DOCTRINE on this matter, but the astute student of scripture knows that it is going to happen like this.
    the seventh day started when God rested from His work:

Gen 2:2* And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.*
    Gen 2:3* And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.*

so what was it you are telling me about self made doctrine?

the question is, are we now in the eighth or the seventh day, has the seventh day been fulfilled to the Creator and Judge's satisfaction? seeing that since Jesus has come into the world (the Light of the world) and what scripture says and Jesus says about His return and completion of the Kingdom in the world is just as the first day.
    Let there be Light

the seventh day started when God rested from His work:

Gen 2:2* And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.*
    Gen 2:3* And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.*

so what was it you are telling me about self made doctrine?

the question is, are we now in the eighth or the seventh day, has the seventh day been fulfilled to the Creator and Judge's satisfaction? seeing that since Jesus has come into the world (the Light of the world) and what scripture says and Jesus says about His return and completion of the Kingdom in the world is just as the first day.
    Please forgive me. I cannot follow your grammar. Could you re-formulated whatever it is your objection is. Thanks brother.

Blog Entries

are they really? is that some great knowledge you have that a week is seven days? WOW! thing is you do know what I mean by what was posted in the OP, don't you?
    Do you have some great knowledge that the entire world including Elohim in Genesis who identified the week as 7 days is wrong?

WOW!

Here is what the people who wrote our Bible called weekdays:

Sunday - Yom Rweshone - Literally day 1
    Monday - Yom Shawnee - Literally day 2
    Tuesday - Yom Shlee’shee - Literally day 3
    Wednesday - Yom Revee’ee - Literally day 4
    Thursday - Yom Khaj’mee’shee - Literally day 5
    Friday - Yom Ha’shee’shee - Literally day 6
    Saturday - Shabbat - Literally Sabbath

As you can see, there is no day 7 in Hebrew, there are 6 days + Shabbat. Then the cycle repeats.

There is no eighth day of the week no matter who much you wish it.

Please forgive me. I cannot follow your grammar. Could you re-formulated whatever it is your objection is. Thanks brother.
    oh well then I guess you'll have to pass
    Let there be Light

Do you have some great knowledge that the entire world including Elohim in Genesis who identified the week as 7 days is wrong?

WOW!

Here is what the people who wrote our Bible called weekdays:

Sunday - Yom Rweshone - Literally day 1
    Monday - Yom Shawnee - Literally day 2
    Tuesday - Yom Shlee’shee - Literally day 3
    Wednesday - Yom Revee’ee - Literally day 4
    Thursday - Yom Khaj’mee’shee - Literally day 5
    Friday - Yom Ha’shee’shee - Literally day 6
    Saturday - Shabbat - Literally Sabbath

As you can see, there is no day 7 in Hebrew, there are 6 days + Shabbat. Then the cycle repeats.

There is no eighth day of the week no matter who much you wish it.
    what are you talking about? are you going to talk about the subject at hand or are you going to show everyone that you are the grammar police? I claim artistic license, how's that, deal with it, get over it don't go into a hissy fit, its ok, the world isn't crumbling down, yet.

also you don't know what you're talking about in ancient china weeks were 9 or 10 day for example and they are not the only one in the world. again in the case of creation who is to say there isn't an eighth day. and that the seventh day isn't over.
    Let there be Light

Blog Entries

what are you talking about? are you going to talk about the subject at hand or are you going to show everyone that you are the grammar police? I claim artistic license, how's that, deal with it, get over it don't go into a hissy fit, its ok, the world isn't crumbling down, yet.

also you don't know what you're talking about in ancient china weeks were 9 or 10 day for example and they are not the only one in the world. again in the case of creation who is to say there isn't an eighth day. and that the seventh day isn't over.
    Hey, it's you who is having the emotional meltdown, not me. The subject at hand is that there are seven days in our week, not eight.

Ancient China? Some ancients believed the world was flat. Others believed the earth was the center of the universe Does that make the earth flat and the center of the universe? I wouldn't call those claims artistic license; I'd call them uninformed.

There is nothing in Scripture that says there are eight days in the week.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

oh well then I guess you'll have to pass
    Ok. Sorry. This forum is full of people answering what was not asked. I honestly could not work out what your objection was.

Ok. Sorry. This forum is full of people answering what was not asked. I honestly could not work out what your objection was.
    I wasn't the one with the original objection, that probably doesn't help but there it is.

the OP is to raise the question of whether or not the seventh day is over or not and we are now in the eighth day for reasons posted in the OP.
    Let there be Light

what day are we in the seventh, or the eighth?
    I believe we are near the end of the 6th day

Thread Information