Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Millennial Age, New Jerusalem & the NHNE expalined

Blog Entries

Re: The Millennial Age, New Jerusalem & the NHNE expalined

Quote Originally Posted by Trivalee View Post
    Isaiah 65 (New Heaven and New Earth) is a general prophecy.
    I don't know what you think you are explaining away by calling it a "general" prophecy.
    It is a prophecy of a real event which will happen.

Isaiah 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
    Isaiah 65:19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.
    Isaiah 65:20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.
    Isaiah spoke about the NHNE in conjunction with the millennial age. John too saw it in conjunction with the NJ, but the texts don't say that they start at the same time.
    Incorrect. John put the NJ with the NHNE.
    Isaiah makes no mention of the MK, but it is clearly the MK.

Therefore we have a NJ in Isaiah 65 & 66, which clearly is connected to the NHNE also in Isaiah 65 & 66.
    They are clearly there from the beginning.

In Rev 21 we have the NJ connected to the NHNE also.

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
    Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

The above passages have led many to erroneously conclude that the NHNE is synonymous with NJ or that both will start at the same time. But is this true? Let's find out through the scriptures. Both Isaiah and John made general statements. We must bear in mind that God inspires/talks his servants on-a-need-to-know-basis. So as these servants didn't tell us when these things occur, it doesn't mean they were hiding it from us. Far from it, God just didn't tell them!
    Actually it is VERY clear form this passage IT IS at the SAME TIME.
    You would need something to show it isn't.

Both Isaiah and John simply told us what they saw without telling us their order of occurrence. Let's look for similar general prophecies and how their timeline was explained.

Dan 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
    John 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
    John 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Both Daniel and Jesus spoke of the resurrection of the dead (the just and the wicked) at the end times. We know for certain that the wicked (that rise into everlasting shame and contempt) and the righteous will not rise at the same time. How do we know that? Paul and John provide the answers. So in 1 Thess 4:16 we learn that the dead in Christ will rise first. In Rev 20:5 John speaks about the first resurrection and in Rev 20:12-13 we see the resurrection of the wicked. So from Paul and John, we understand the timescales of Daniel and Jesus Christ' prophesies.
    There are TWO resurrections.
    So are you claiming TWO NHNE's and TWO NJs? IF so then your analogy holds up. IF not then it doesn't.

So we should seek to understand Isaiah 65 in the same way. When will the NHNE start?
    2 Peter 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
    Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
    Fortunately, Peter explained the fate of the present heaven/earth and we know that the NHNE cannot come until the old is removed. So the NJ will be at the onset of the MK, but the NHNE at the end of it.
    BOTH Peter and John are speaking of the START of the MK.
    Jesus also speaks of it:
    Mat 25:31* “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne.*
    Mat 25:32* Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.*

When does Jesus sit on His throne? At the START or the END of the MK?
    IF you are PostMil you will say at the END.
    IF you are PreMil you will say at the START.
    I am PreMil and I recognise this event is at the START of the MK.
    So the sitting on His throne is for the duration of His reign.
    The point is this in Rev 20:11:
    Rev 20:11* Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. From his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them.

You are reading this phrase as though it occurs ONLY at that moment.
    However it is describing what happened WHEN He first sat on this throne.
    G5343
    φεύγω
    pheugō
    fyoo'-go
    Apparently a primary verb; to run away (literally or figuratively); by implication to shun; by analogy to vanish: - escape, flee (away).

So al the statement says is that "from His presence, earth and sky fled away." Well when was His presence on earth?
    It is AT His second coming.
    The word in this verse is a Verb in the Aorist Indicative Active Third Person Singular.
    The aorist indicative makes the point that an action HAS happened. It is NOT saying it IS happening.
    So the phrase is highlighting that the earth and sky had fled at His presence.
    The question therefore is when.
    The answer is when He came.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    Yes.

So how can this verse not happen at his second coming?

Rev 20
    11 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat upon it, from whose presence earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them.
    I'll tell you at least one good reason why. And there are other reasons as well. But one of them is Zech 14:16-19. The timing of those verses have to precede the GWTJ. And that the timing of those verses have to be meaning post the 2nd coming. Therefore, Zech 14:16-19 requires a period of time time post the 2nd coming and before the GWTJ. The only period of time that can possibly explain this are the thousand years and satan's little season.

Quote Originally Posted by divaD View Post
    I'll tell you at least one good reason why. And there are other reasons as well. But one of them is Zech 14:16-19. The timing of those verses have to precede the GWTJ. And that the timing of those verses have to be meaning post the 2nd coming. Therefore, Zech 14:16-19 requires a period of time time post the 2nd coming and before the GWTJ. The only period of time that can possibly explain this are the thousand years and satan's little season.
    So what did Jesus mean when he said that the H/E will pass away at his coming?
    What did Peter mean when he added the judgment and destruction of the ungodly taking place , like in the days of Noah, would happen at his promised coming?
    And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

Take note of the following:

1. There will be righteousness ONLY in the NJ.
    2. But the sin, death, wickedness, etc. will still occur in the rest of the world.
    3. 2 Peter 3:7 corroborated by Rev 20:11 confirms that this present H&E will be destroyed at the GWTJ which you and I know occurs at the END of the MILLENNIUM.
    4. And the NHNE is a replacement of the old which is destroyed. Why is this too difficult to understand?
    5. In contrast to the NJ which is limited to Jerusalem, when the NHNE comes 1000 years later after the Throne Judgment, it will encompass the earth. Hence "we look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness"!
    6. 2 Peter 3:13 which you quoted denotes absolute righteousness (all over the world, not just limited to NJ) after the wicked are cast into the lake of fire.
    What you are not taking into account is this.

Revelation 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
    27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Even though there may initially still be sin and death to deal with for the first thousand years, it will sill be a place wherein dwelleth righteousness, the fact everything will be dealt with righteously every single time, where in our present world this is not always the case.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DavePeace View Post
    Who are you? Do you think you are some supreme power of authority God sent? You are not qualified to put words in my mouth.
    Therefore, you do not know what I claim. You have no understanding of what I even said before. So don't go claiming I believe this, or that, about Isaiah 65 & 66, as if you can go shooting arrows and think they will automatically stick!
    Wow.
    I am repeating back what you are saying. I will quote you from post #13:
    Those Isaiah passages you quote are for after God's GWT Judgment, after Christ's Millennial reign.
    I am not putting a single word in your mouth.
    You typed it and put it up.
    Now if you didn't mean to say it, or didn't mean it that way, then please clarify.

I told you before, but you don't listen, you are wrapped up in your own conceit.
    Listen:
    Not every Book or Chapter in the OT prophets flows according to your thinking. Isaiah 65 doesn't even begin describing the new heavens and a new earth timing until verse 16! So you cannot just try and group every thing written in a Chapter and apply the whole Book or Chapter to a specific timeline.
    Now who is putting words into whose mouth?
    I haven't claimed everything in Isaiah 65 is about the NHNE. I have ONLY written about what is written in connection with the NHNE.
    If you think any verse AFTER verse 16 is NOT about the New Jerusalem and the NHNE, then please do share and clarify why it isn't.

What timing is this verse?
    Isa 66:5
    5 Hear the word of the LORD, ye that tremble at His word; your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for My name's sake, said, "Let the LORD be glorified": but He shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed.
    KJV
    It is from BEFORE the NHNE. Many would put it as part of Jacob's Trouble. If so, then it is Just before the NHNE.

That isn't new heavens and new earth timing, it is the time of Jesus' 2nd coming! It is immediately after the GT, i.e., start of Christ's Millennial reign, because that is when those who erred will appear in shame at Christ's Presence. So how is it that is in Isaiah 66????

It's because we have to PAY ATTENTION to the actual content... in each verse, and having a working knowledge of all... of God's Word, we then know what timeline is being spoken of. It's that simple.
    Actually it is BEFORE His coming. It is NOT after the GT, but at the START of the GT. It speaks of what will happen to those who shall receive the measure into their laps.
    Isaiah 65 & 66 are one joint prophecy which are surrounded by these verses:
    Isa 65:15* You shall leave your name to my chosen for a curse, and the Lord GOD will put you to death, but his servants he will call by another name,*
    Isa 65:16* so that he who blesses himself in the land shall bless himself by the God of truth, and he who takes an oath in the land shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten and are hidden from my eyes.*
    Isa 65:17* “For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth, and the former things shall not be remembered or come into mind.*
    Isa 65:18* But be glad and rejoice forever in that which I create; for behold, I create Jerusalem to be a joy, and her people to be a gladness.*

Verse 15 is about the Trouble that befalls Israel, and then in the same verse moves on to the remnant and the promise God has for them. This is fulfilled in the NJ and NHNE.
    Isaiah 65 then describes the NHNE.
    Isiah 66 then goes further into why there is trouble, but again it leads into the promise and ends with:
    Isa 66:22* “For as the new heavens and the new earth that I make shall remain before me, says the LORD, so shall your offspring and your name remain.
    Isa 66:23* From new moon to new moon, and from Sabbath to Sabbath, all flesh shall come to worship before me, declares the LORD.*
    Isa 66:24* “And they shall go out and look on the dead bodies of the men who have rebelled against me. For their worm shall not die, their fire shall not be quenched, and they shall be an abhorrence to all flesh.”*

So it is a unified prophesy with an explanation of why the curse falls and the promise is given.

It is indeed very simple. I do agree it is important to pay attention to the actual CONTEXT.
    The timeline is indeed clear.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    So what did Jesus mean when he said that the H/E will pass away at his coming?
    What did Peter mean when he added the judgment and destruction of the ungodly taking place , like in the days of Noah, would happen at his promised coming?
    I can ask you in return, what did Zechariah mean when he indicated there will be some spared ones of the nations that went against Jerusalem, who are obviously not Christians, the fact they are threatened with plagues for not complying to the commands of God at that time, post a time after verse 2 and verse 12 have been fulfilled? You don't think verse 12 has already been fulfilled, do you? How can the fulfillment of verse 12 not involve the 2nd coming, or at least what leads up to the 2nd coming?

Blog Entries

You are disagreeing with the text then. The following is what marks the end of the millennium.

Revelation 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

Revelation 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

Clearly what ends the millennium is the loosing of satan, where satan then has a little season, then after the millennium and his little season, satan is judged and cast into the LOF, followed by the GWTJ. Irregardless when one might be taking the millennium to be, it ends with the loosing of satan for a little season.
    I don't see any disagreement between you and Jeffweeder because just as the DoTL is not pinned to a 24hr day, the end of the MK also cannot be tied to a 24hr day. So from the release of Satan and his casting into the lake of fire to the GWTJ, all technically denote the end of the millennium. Therefore, Rev 20 11 falls bang into the end of the MK as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DavePeace View Post
    Who are you? Do you think you are some supreme power of authority God sent? You are not qualified to put words in my mouth.

Therefore, you do not know what I claim. You have no understanding of what I even said before. So don't go claiming I believe this, or that, about Isaiah 65 & 66, as if you can go shooting arrows and think they will automatically stick!

I told you before, but you don't listen, you are wrapped up in your own conceit.

Listen:

Not every Book or Chapter in the OT prophets flows according to your thinking. Isaiah 65 doesn't even begin describing the new heavens and a new earth timing until verse 16! So you cannot just try and group every thing written in a Chapter and apply the whole Book or Chapter to a specific timeline.

What timing is this verse?

Isa 66:5
    5 Hear the word of the LORD, ye that tremble at His word; your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for My name's sake, said, "Let the LORD be glorified": but He shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed.
    KJV

That isn't new heavens and new earth timing, it is the time of Jesus' 2nd coming! It is immediately after the GT, i.e., start of Christ's Millennial reign, because that is when those who erred will appear in shame at Christ's Presence. So how is it that is in Isaiah 66????

It's because we have to PAY ATTENTION to the actual content... in each verse, and having a working knowledge of all... of God's Word, we then know what timeline is being spoken of. It's that simple.
    I agree, Dave. I find it ironical and comical even, how we all accept that context is the key to unravelling any given text. Yet in most cases, we ignore the actual context and go on to build cases on our own version of the context.

Blog Entries

Yet one still can't have a NJ without a NHNE, nor a NHNE without a NJ, post the 2nd coming. Until you are able to reasonably deal with that first, all your other points are somewhat moot in the meantime.
    This false notion that you can't have the NJ without the NHNE is, unfortunately, the clog in your wheel. Until you understand that they are separate and occur at different timelines, your case will never fall in like a perfect puzzle. I am not spinning theories with clever logic, rather I have used scripture to show how the TWO cannot appear at the same time.

To help you, I have successfully proved that both Isaiah 65 and Rev 21:1 are general prophecies. General prophecies do not provide a specific timeline or order of occurrence. But the clue to time and sequence of occurrence invariably lies elsewhere. It takes diligence to find it and when you do, it unlocks the mystery. You can't read the Bible like a newspaper or take it like any other literary work.

By using Isaiah 65 and Rev 21:1 to claim you can't have the NJ without the NHNE, you are exactly interpreting the texts like a free-flowing, straightforward account. This is your undoing, my brother.

Blog Entries

I agree, Dave. I find it ironical and comical even, how we all accept that context is the key to unravelling any given text. Yet in most cases, we ignore the actual context and go on to build cases on our own version of the context.
    Actually we don't always accept CONTEXT and jump to PRETEXT.
    Yet HOW can we understand anything without understanding other things. This is the nub of the problem.
    The CONTEXT is 100% ironclad that the NJ is part of the NHNE:
    Rev 21:1* And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.*
    Rev 21:2* And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.*

Are you REALLY arguing that the NJ mentioned in verse 2 is NOT part of what is stated in verse 1?

Blog Entries

In the 2nd passage, in verse 36...But of that day and hour no one knows...what would be the nearest antecedent? Would it not be this? Heaven and earth will pass away

Isn't verse 36 then saying the following? But of that day and hour, when heaven and earth will pass away, no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone. And doesn't verse 37 indicate this is the coming of the Son of man? And doesn't 1 Thess 5 and 2 Peter 3 indicate that the day of the Lord comes as a thief in the night, thus indicating no man knows when that day will be until it comes first?

Therefore...2 Peter 3:10, 1 Thessalonians 5:2, and Matthew 24:34-37, are all referring to the same events.
    The phrase "heaven and earth shall pass away...but my word shall not" is not saying that H&E will pass away when the Lord returns. Rather, it emphasized the immutability of the word of God.

Blog Entries

The phrase "heaven and earth shall pass away...but my word shall not" is not saying that H&E will pass away when the Lord returns. Rather, it emphasized the immutability of the word of God.
    It does emphasise the immutability of the word of God, but it is ALSO comparing it with something that WILL happen. Namely heaven and earth will pass away. The one point does NOT negate the other.

Blog Entries

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
    Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

What exactly would be the point of John seeing a NHNE at that particular time, if it had no connection to the NJ at that particular time? Why would these two verses involve totally unrelated contexts? That's the same kind of reasoning some use in regards to Matthew 24:34. Some claim the context of that verse is the first century, regardless that the contexts of the verses surrounding it are not the first century.
    I have addressed the points raised in post #39.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post
    I don't know what you think you are explaining away by calling it a "general" prophecy.
    It is a prophecy of a real event which will happen.
    It's unfortunate that the concept of general prophecy is unknown to you. If you bothered to read my posts, you will see that I've explained it several times. I will give you an example of a general prophecy.

John 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Above, Jesus spoke about the resurrection of both the just and the wicked. Do you believe the TWO will rise at the same time? General prophecies don't give time or sequence of occurrence, the clue lies elsewhere.

Incorrect. John put the NJ with the NHNE.
    Isaiah makes no mention of the MK, but it is clearly the MK.

Therefore we have a NJ in Isaiah 65 & 66, which clearly is connected to the NHNE also in Isaiah 65 & 66.
    They are clearly there from the beginning.

In Rev 21 we have the NJ connected to the NHNE also.
    Isaiah didn't mention the MK, but he clearly says that death will occur (Isa 65:20).
    Your refusal to accept that Isaiah 65 doesn't say that the NJ and NHNE will start at the same time is a problem you must deal with.

Actually it is VERY clear form this passage IT IS at the SAME TIME.
    You would need something to show it isn't.
    I've used scripture several times to show they don't start at the same time. You are just too fixated with your false doctrine.

There are TWO resurrections.
    So are you claiming TWO NHNE's and TWO NJs? IF so then your analogy holds up. IF not then it doesn't.
    Two resurrections, two NHNE? Did I write is Latin or Swahili? If you deduced the above after reading my comments, then I can't help you.

BOTH Peter and John are speaking of the START of the MK.
    Jesus also speaks of it:
    Mat 25:31* “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne.*
    Mat 25:32* Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.*

When does Jesus sit on His throne? At the START or the END of the MK?
    IF you are PostMil you will say at the END.
    IF you are PreMil you will say at the START.
    I am PreMil and I recognise this event is at the START of the MK.
    So the sitting on His throne is for the duration of His reign.
    The point is this in Rev 20:11:
    Rev 20:11* Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. From his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them.

You are reading this phrase as though it occurs ONLY at that moment.
    However it is describing what happened WHEN He first sat on this throne.
    G5343
    φεύγω
    pheugō
    fyoo'-go
    Apparently a primary verb; to run away (literally or figuratively); by implication to shun; by analogy to vanish: - escape, flee (away).

So al the statement says is that "from His presence, earth and sky fled away." Well when was His presence on earth?
    It is AT His second coming.
    The word in this verse is a Verb in the Aorist Indicative Active Third Person Singular.
    The aorist indicative makes the point that an action HAS happened. It is NOT saying it IS happening.
    So the phrase is highlighting that the earth and sky had fled at His presence.
    The question therefore is when.
    The answer is when He came.
    Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

Jesus did not sit on the GWT until his judgment of the world AFTER the MK is over. The phrase "White Throne" is only used to describe his judgment seat. Your error is that your confusing the TWO.

Blog Entries

It's unfortunate that the concept of general prophecy is unknown to you. If you bothered to read my posts, you will see that I've explained it several times. I will give you an example of a general prophecy.

John 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Above, Jesus spoke about the resurrection of both the just and the wicked. Do you believe the TWO will rise at the same time? General prophecies don't give time or sequence of occurrence, the clue lies elsewhere.
    Yes they will BOTH rise at the SAME time.
    There is no such thing as general prophecy.

Isaiah didn't mention the MK, but he clearly says that death will occur (Isa 65:20).
    Your refusal to accept that Isaiah 65 doesn't say that the NJ and NHNE will start at the same time is a problem you must deal with.
    The NJ and the NHNE do start at the same time. It isn't a problem for me, but for you.

I've used scripture several times to show they don't start at the same time. You are just too fixated with your false doctrine.
    No you haven't. Every claim you have made I have shown why it is incorrect.

Two resurrections, two NHNE? Did I write is Latin or Swahili? If you deduced the above after reading my comments, then I can't help you.
    This is the result of your analogy. If you can't provide a better example...

Jesus did not sit on the GWT until his judgment of the world AFTER the MK is over. The phrase "White Throne" is only used to describe his judgment seat. Your error is that your confusing the TWO.
    No, there is ONLY ONE throne. It is great and white. Jesus doesn't have TWO thrones.

Thread Information