Thread: I was wrong about something. Learn not to make the mistake I did.

I was wrong about something. Learn not to make the mistake I did.

I was wrong and I am happy to admit it and I thank the commenters for the rebuke. I look back now and see I was being stupid. I was acting off of something I heard and never closely investigated it myself. I took scripture out of context and made a invalid assertion. Bassically I did something stupid. Itís laughable how wrong I was, read the comments.
    Last edited by Myname; Nov 6th 2018 at 05:48 AM. Reason: Seems I was wrong

Blog Entries

Re: The time of second coming.

Jesus also said:..... I will work for 2 days, then come into My reward. Luke 13:32 Confirmed by Hosea 6:2.
    He commenced His ministry in 29.5 AD at His Baptism. Luke 3:1-2

2 witnesses tell us that 1 day to Jesus in heaven is as 1000 years to us. Psalms 90:4, 2 Peter 3:8

Do the math!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    Jesus also said:..... I will work for 2 days, then come into My reward. Luke 13:32 Confirmed by Hosea 6:2.
    He commenced His ministry in 29.5 AD at His Baptism. Luke 3:1-2

2 witnesses tell us that 1 day to Jesus in heaven is as 1000 years to us. Psalms 90:4, 2 Peter 3:8

Do the math!
    I'm not sure whether you are arguing that the 2 days of Hosea 6:2 denotes 2000 years (a day is like 1000 years) and then the Lord will return? Because I'm not sure there's a mathematical formula that can tell us when he will return.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Myname View Post
    So for all you people wanting to know when Jesus is gonna come back and trying so hard to figure it out I will show you what the bible says.

Mathew 24:36
    But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Yes this is a short post but Also Jesus only had to say 1 sentence (and yes directly translated from the greek it is one sentence).
    But we have many signs when this day will occur...……

How is it possible that even the son of God does not know the day?

The only answer is the day never comes...…..

You see before the second coming the instruments to measure time vanish and the sun never comes up.

So you can know the very day prior but cannot know the day nor the hour as it can not be measured.

So for all you people wanting to know when Jesus is gonna come back and trying so hard to figure it out I will show you what the bible says.

Mathew 24:36
    But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
    Herewegoagain2040.com

I'm not trying too hard to figure it out anymore.

Yes this is a short post but Also Jesus only had to say 1 sentence (and yes directly translated from the greek it is one sentence).
    He had more than one sentence to say. The sentence that you posted was the first in the fifth module of repetition and enlargement in the Discourse before going into the parables.

ďBut concerning that day and hour no one knows,

The day and the hour is not that of the actual second coming, it's the first day of for then there will be great tribulation such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Because He goes right on to say in the days BEFORE the flood.

"For as in those days BEFORE the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, 39and they were unaware until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

Jesus knows when the second coming will be. But as mankind's chief intercessor, He has a conflict of interests in pushing the FIRE button. The Father has to give the nod for that.

The day and the hour that He's talking about are the day and the hour when events get for real. Like on the day that Lot left out from Sodom. So shall it be at the coming of the Son of Man.

Like in the days BEFORE the flood.

Like they are right now.

Yep.

No One Knows That Day and Hour

36ďBut concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son,b but the Father only. 37For as were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 38For as in those days BEFORE the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, 39and they were unaware until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 40Then two men will be in the field; one will be taken and one left. 41Two women will be grinding at the mill; one will be taken and one left. 42Therefore, stay awake, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming. 43But know this, that if the master of the house had known in what part of the night the thief was coming, he would have stayed awake and would not have let his house be broken into. 44Therefore you also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trivalee View Post
    I'm not sure whether you are arguing that the 2 days of Hosea 6:2 denotes 2000 years (a day is like 1000 years) and then the Lord will return? Because I'm not sure there's a mathematical formula that can tell us when he will return.
    What else could Hosea 6:2 mean, if not the OT parallel to Jesus' prophecy in Luke 13:32? Note that verse 32 IS a prophecy, as Jesus goes on to say how He must go on today, tomorrow and the next day, them meet His death in Jerusalem.

The formula is given by 2 witnesses; One day to God in heaven; equals 1000 earth years.
    The same formula is used for the Seventh Seal, which is a 'about 20 year' time gap, from the gathering of every faithful Christian in the holy Land and the selection of the 144,000 missionaries, who will proclaim the coming Kingdom, until the glorious Return. Isaiah 66:18b-21 proves this.

Leaving this blank after a edit.

Re: I was wrong about something. Learn not to make the mistake I did.

I was wrong and I am happy to admit it and I thank the commenters for the rebuke. I look back now and see I was being stupid. I was acting off of something I heard and never closely investigated it myself. I took scripture out of context and made a invalid assertion. Bassically I did something stupid. Itís laughable how wrong I was, read the comments.
    Not necessarily.

Be careful about believing what is purported to be "the truth". There are so many different opinions on end time topics it would make your head spin. And every one of the thousands of differing and many time contradictory opinions are fiercely defended. For the time being just trust your pastor over strangers on a forum. He is the one who is responsible for watching over your soul as a member of the congregation God entrusted him with.

Study to show yourself approved but take what you read on forums (especially end time topics) with a grain of salt.
    "He's wild, you know. Not like a tame lion."
    C.S. Lewis, "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe."

"Oh, but sometimes the sun stays hidden for years"
    "Sometimes the sky rains night after night, When will it clear?"

"But our Hope endures the worst of conditions"
    "It's more than our optimism, Let the earth quake"
    "Our Hope is unchanged"
    "Our Hope Endures" Natalie Grant

Blog Entries

The
    Quote Originally Posted by Old man View Post
    Not necessarily.

Be careful about believing what is purported to be "the truth". There are so many different opinions on end time topics it would make your head spin. And every one of the thousands of differing and many time contradictory opinions are fiercely defended. For the time being just trust your pastor over strangers on a forum. He is the one who is responsible for watching over your soul as a member of the congregation God entrusted him with.

Study to show yourself approved but take what you read on forums (especially end time topics) with a grain of salt.
    It is very commendable to admit when you are wrong MYNAME but I think that the coming Jesus was talking about was his coming in judgement in 70AD on Jerusalem as He gave signs and times but no actual date

The first and last book of the bible shows us when and why Jesus will come back and destroy the world with fire.

Read Genesis 6:1-8 just before the flood and see why God destroyed the world with water and then read revelation 20:9 to see when and why God will destroy the world again as only the bible not man can tell us

The reason and timing that God will end the world it is when the church dwindles in population within the world as evil will be everywhere just like it was in Noah’s time and then we the city God loves will be surrounded by the ungodly and fire will come down from heaven and destroy the earth
    Last edited by marty fox; Nov 6th 2018 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Added info

Blog Entries

A exemplary display of moral fortitude, Myname. Well done.
    But you were right; we cannot know the exact day or hour that the Lord will send His fiery wrath upon the earth. Only the season and the approximate year.

And contrary to Marty fox's belief, the earth will not be totally depopulated then, or later; at the Return. God never did that to Noah and He made an everlasting Covenant after the Flood, to spare the living creatures of every kind and to never again make such a near total destruction of life. Genesis 9:15-17

I was wrong and I am happy to admit it and I thank the commenters for the rebuke. I look back now and see I was being stupid. I was acting off of something I heard and never closely investigated it myself. I took scripture out of context and made a invalid assertion. Bassically I did something stupid. It’s laughable how wrong I was, read the comments.
    I read you initial post and thought it was spot on. There are any number of men, who despite the clear wording of scripture, have the notion that they can predict the "day and the hour" of Christ's Coming. They can't because the Almighty has kept it from men AND angels. What could be plainer than this inspired record?

Matthew 24:36; "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."
    Matthew 24:50; "The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,"
    Matthew 25:13; "Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh."
    Mark 13:32; "But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father."
    Luke 12:46; "The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers."

Note that ...
    • in Matthew 24:36 and Mark 13:32 that even the angels do not know
    • in Mark 13:32 not even our Lord Jesus in His humanity knows
    • in Matthew 25:13 even the "watchful" do not know
    • in Matthew 24:50 it is "THAT servant". Which one? The same one that was doing well in the previous verses. He did not know even while he was doing well, otherwise he would have endured

Blog Entries

A exemplary display of moral fortitude, Myname. Well done.
    But you were right; we cannot know the exact day or hour that the Lord will send His fiery wrath upon the earth. Only the season and the approximate year.

And contrary to Marty fox's belief, the earth will not be totally depopulated then, or later; at the Return. God never did that to Noah and He made an everlasting Covenant after the Flood, to spare the living creatures of every kind and to never again make such a near total destruction of life. Genesis 9:15-17
    Actually God only said that He will never again destroy the world by flood

I believe that just like Noah was saved by the ark during the flood God will pull the saints out of the world right before the fire comes down

Blog Entries

What else could Hosea 6:2 mean, if not the OT parallel to Jesus' prophecy in Luke 13:32? Note that verse 32 IS a prophecy, as Jesus goes on to say how He must go on today, tomorrow and the next day, them meet His death in Jerusalem.

The formula is given by 2 witnesses; One day to God in heaven; equals 1000 earth years.
    The same formula is used for the Seventh Seal, which is a 'about 20 year' time gap, from the gathering of every faithful Christian in the holy Land and the selection of the 144,000 missionaries, who will proclaim the coming Kingdom, until the glorious Return. Isaiah 66:18b-21 proves this.
    As you know, I don't agree with the gathering of the faithful in the holy land doctrine, but I must thank you for taking the time to clarify.
    Remain blessed.

Quote Originally Posted by Trivalee View Post
    i have generally viewed the two days in Hosea as 2000 years, also using Psalms 90:4 and 2 Peter 3:8. But we have to look at the wording. It says after two days then on the third day He will revive them. And the two days are not from the beginning of Yeshua's ministry, but from His returning to His place that He left, Heaven, as per Hosea 5:15. It may or may not be on the literal last day of those 2000 years. And that verse also says He will not return until both houses of Jacob acknowledge their offense and petition for His return. And I generally see that as the Time of Jacob's trouble in Jeremiah 30:7. Lots more details there, but that is a synopsis of it.

Much as some like to think that it is the righteous who end up proclaiming the gospel till the end, Revelation says it is an angel who finally gets the job done. Revelation 14:6.
    Israel.... the Believer's insurance policy!

Thread Information