Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The connection of the 4 living creatures and the first 4 seals

Blog Entries

Re: The connection of the 4 living creatures and the first 4 seals

The four living creatures would be Seraphim's in Rev 4 they are the same in EZ 1 but NOT those in the first for seals as they are evil counterparts.

We do see those in the four seals are four kings, then are these 4 living creatures (Seraphim's) also kings but in God's kingdom? Yes.

Notice each had a face of a man!!!!!

These four living creatures (Seraphim's) represent Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and David.

(24 elders represent 12 apostles and the 12 sons of Jacob)

Concerning the Cherub's there are only two. Lucifer is one, who is the other?

So what we are seeing here is God's government. Of course Lucifer no longer a part.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    These are interesting questions, but I'm not sure if we can really answer them? It may be that these are different angels. But it may also be that angels can be equipped with different body parts at different times, just as angels put on human appearances when appearing to men in the OT.

What is significant is that there is apparently an increase in the number of wings, from 4 to 6. The cherubim in Eze 1 has 2 wings to fly with, and 2 wings to cover itself with. It was important, in the holy of holies to have the ark of the covenant covered by the wings of the cherubim, indicating an angelic separation of Man from God.

With the cherubim in Rev 4, eyes exist under the wings, indicating that the ark of the covenant has now been opened for Christians, who see Christ as the fulfillment of the ark. But why there are now more wings I don't know, unless it had to do with the increase of application from Israel to the Church?

Ah, I see! The Seraphim must be different than the Cherubim, inasmuch as they have 6 wings and the Cherubim only have 4 wings? And you explained it here--the 6 wings of the Seraphim are 4 for covering and 2 for flying, whereas the 4 wings of the Cherubim are 2 for covering and 2 for flying.

It's interesting that the Seraphim cover face and feet, whereas with the Cherubim, only the body is covered. The Cherubim thus hide their existence, whereas the Seraphim hide their identity and direction. In history we know that God's existence in Jesus was hidden before he came, and that Jesus' identity and purpose were also hidden even after he came.

Angels are the gate keepers, or enforcers, who allow Man into the presence of God, to receive this revelation. The Church, having this revelation of Christ, brings about an action on the part of the angels. They bring judgment to the world, who reject our testimony of Christ.

In Ezekiel's day, Israel's sin brought about a great judgment upon themselves through the agency of the angels. In our day the Church will also bring about a great judgment upon the world through the agency of angels, as well.

This is hidden from the unrepentant world, who rejects the testimony of the Church. But the angels will prepare the coming of the Kingdom for us, who have repented in the name of Christ.
    Good thoughts which need consideration.

Perhaps the two wings that were covering the bodies of the cherubim in Ezekiel were also covering two other wings? It would make more sense to me if Isaiah 6, Ezekiel 1, and Revelation 4 were describing the same cherubim. "Seraphim" means burning, and are not necessarily distinct from cherubim.

The faces of the four living creatures also seem to represent the creatures that survived the flood. Though there were already cherubim in the garden of Eden.

Genesis 3:24 WEB So he drove out the man; and he placed cherubim at the east of the garden of Eden, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to guard the way to the tree of life.
    Genesis 9:8 God spoke to Noah and to his sons with him, saying, 9 “As for me, behold, I establish my covenant with you, and with your offspring after you, 10 and with every living creature that is with you: the birds, the livestock, and every animal of the earth with you, of all that go out of the ship, even every animal of the earth.

One connection I see between the living creatures and the four seals are the four directions of the compass, as has already been pointed out. The creatures in Ezekiel 1 only moved in one of the four directions. Revelation 6:8 talks about a fourth of the earth.

Ezekiel 1:17 When they went, they went in their four directions: they didn’t turn when they went.
    Revelation 6:8 And behold, a pale horse, and he who sat on it, his name was Death. Hades followed with him. Authority over one fourth of the earth, to kill with the sword, with famine, with death, and by the wild animals of the earth was given to him.

There is also a possible connection to Zechariah.

Zechariah 1:8 “I had a vision in the night, and behold, a man riding on a red horse, and he stood among the myrtle trees that were in a ravine; and behind him there were red, brown, and white horses. 9 Then I asked, ‘My lord, what are these?’”
    The angel who talked with me said to me, “I will show you what these are.”
    10 The man who stood among the myrtle trees answered, “They are the ones Yahweh has sent to go back and forth through the earth.”

Zechariah 6:1 Again I lifted up my eyes, and saw, and behold, four chariots came out from between two mountains; and the mountains were mountains of brass. 2 In the first chariot were red horses; in the second chariot black horses; 3 in the third chariot white horses; and in the fourth chariot dappled horses, all of them powerful. 4 Then I asked the angel who talked with me, “What are these, my lord?”
    5 The angel answered me, “These are the four winds of the sky, which go out from standing before the Lord of all the earth. 6 The one with the black horses goes out toward the north country; and the white went out after them; and the dappled went out toward the south country.” 7 The strong went out, and sought to go that they might walk back and forth through the earth: and he said, “Go around and through the earth!” So they walked back and forth through the earth.
    8 Then he called to me, and spoke to me, saying, “Behold, those who go toward the north country have quieted my spirit in the north country.”

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by greenonions View Post
    Perhaps the two wings that were covering the bodies of the cherubim in Ezekiel were also covering two other wings? It would make more sense to me if Isaiah 6, Ezekiel 1, and Revelation 4 were describing the same cherubim. "Seraphim" means burning, and are not necessarily distinct from cherubim.

The faces of the four living creatures also seem to represent the creatures that survived the flood. Though there were already cherubim in the garden of Eden.

Genesis 3:24 WEB So he drove out the man; and he placed cherubim at the east of the garden of Eden, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to guard the way to the tree of life.
    Genesis 9:8 God spoke to Noah and to his sons with him, saying, 9 “As for me, behold, I establish my covenant with you, and with your offspring after you, 10 and with every living creature that is with you: the birds, the livestock, and every animal of the earth with you, of all that go out of the ship, even every animal of the earth.
    This is an interesting idea, that the faces represent creation.

Lion - every animal,
    Ox - livestock,
    Man - people,
    Eagle - birds,

Still not sure what that points to.

Thread Information