Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38

Thread: Flood then, Fire next

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Thames, New Zealand
    Posts
    2,239
    Blog Entries
    2

    Flood then, Fire next

    In ancient times, God looked upon the earth and saw how wicked people had become, how their every thoughts and inclinations were opposed to His Laws, Genesis 6:5-8. He regretted that He had made mankind and decided to annihilate them, however there was one man who was righteous. In order to save Noah, his family and the creatures, so as to ensure that life would continue, God directed Noah to build a huge vessel that would be their means of survival. They all lived on board this ark for over a year, but the time of the earths actual devastation was for 40 days and 40 nights.

    Once again, the world is in a similar state; Matthew 24:37-44 As in the days of Noah, so it will be when the Son of Man comes. Keep alert, for He will come unexpectedly.
    This prophecy isn’t referring to the Return of Jesus in His glory, because here He calls Himself ‘the Son of Man’.
    At the Return, in Revelation 19:13, He is called ‘the Word of God’ and note that He comes then ‘robed in a garment splashed in blood’. Isaiah 63:1-6 tells us how His clothes have become blood stained: it is in the previous event where He comes as ‘the Son of Man’ to judge and punish the nations. Psalms 110:5-6, Habakkuk 3:12, Revelation 6:12-17, and more than 100 other prophesies describe this terrible judgement and how the Lord will not be seen at this time.

    It will be the Sixth Seal devastation and depopulation of the Middle East and all the earth will be affected by the blazing punishment that God has in His storehouse for His great Day of vengeance and wrath. Deuteronomy 32:22 & 34-35, Isaiah 66:15-17, Romans 1:18, 2 Peter 3:7, 2 Thessalonians 1:6-10
    Many vividly described prophecies inform us about this sudden and shocking Day, caused by a huge explosion on the suns surface; Isaiah 30:26, Malachi 4:1, Psalms 50:1-3, that will literally fulfil them all.
    As with the great Flood, most people are totally unaware of any impending disaster, although it is obvious to all that the world is facing huge changes, as populations burgeon and resource’s diminish.

    So a great reset of civilization will happen again, but this time a fair proportion of the world’s population will survive because God promised to never again destroy all the earth as He did in Noah’s time. Genesis 9:15
    Then, it may be after 40 days, that the call will go out to the Lord’s righteous people, all the faithful Christians from every tribe, race, nation and language to travel to and gather in the holy Land.
    Ezekiel 34:11-16 I will gather My sheep...after the Day......
    Isaiah 35:1-10...The Lord’s people, set free will enter Zion in triumph.....
    Zechariah 10:8-12... Wait for the whistle!
    Psalms 107:1-43.....Whoever is wise, let them lay these things to heart and ponder the loving deeds of the Lord.

    Pray and trust in the Lord for His protection on that Day. Joel 2:32, Acts 2:21

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    ADELAIDE / South Australia
    Posts
    3,873

    Re: Flood then, Fire next

    Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    So a great reset of civilization will happen again, but this time a fair proportion of the world’s population will survive because God promised to never again destroy all the earth as He did in Noah’s time.
    That's not a great reset then is it , if the ungodly survive.

    God promised to never again destroy all the earth as He did in Noah’s time.

    What does he do with the ungodly at the end of your premill millennium?


    2pet 3
    7 But by His word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.


    This is a second coming event.
    And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Thames, New Zealand
    Posts
    2,239
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Flood then, Fire next

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    That's not a great reset then is it , if the ungodly survive.




    What does he do with the ungodly at the end of your premill millennium?


    2pet 3
    7 But by His word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.


    This is a second coming event.
    Anyone who keeps under shelter will survive the extreme heat, earthquakes, storms and tsunamis of the Lord's Day of wrath. Exception in the Middle East region, where nothing will survive. Jeremiah 9:10-12, Isaiah 10:16-19, Hosea 4:3

    My premil millennium? I am not a 'rapture to heaven' believer.
    At the end of the Millennium, there will be a huge army of the ungodly, who try to attack Jesus, Revelation 20:7-9

    2 Peter 3:7 is not a Return of Jesus event. Fire is not prophesied then. It does not say ALL the ungodly will be destroyed, indeed it even seems that they will even be around in the NHNE. Revelation 21:27

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pitt Meadows b.c.
    Posts
    4,966
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Flood then, Fire next

    God only said that he will not destroy the earth again by flood

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    ADELAIDE / South Australia
    Posts
    3,873

    Re: Flood then, Fire next

    Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    My premil millennium? I am not a 'rapture to heaven' believer.
    At the end of the Millennium, there will be a huge army of the ungodly, who try to attack Jesus, Revelation 16:13-16

    Rev 16
    3 And I saw coming out of the mouth of the dragon and out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet, three unclean spirits like frogs; 14 for they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go out to the kings of the whole world, to gather them together for the war of the great day of God, the Almighty. 15 (“Behold, I am coming like a thief. Blessed is the one who stays awake and keeps his clothes, so that he will not walk about naked and men will not see his shame.”) 16 And they gathered them together to the place which in Hebrew is called Har-Magedon.


    How can this be the end of the millennium?

    Jesus coming like a thief is a second coming event.., and the beast and false prophet operate prior to his coming not after.

    2 Peter 3:7 is not a Return of Jesus event. Fire is not prophesied then.
    2pet 3
    7 But by His word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.
    8 But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day. 9 The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.
    10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up.


    That's a return of Jesus in fire to eternally separate the ungodly on the day he returns to glorify his own as promised.



    2 thess 1
    6 For after all it is only just for God to repay with affliction those who afflict you, 7 and to give relief to you who are afflicted and to us as well when the Lord Jesus will be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in flaming fire, 8 dealing out retribution to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 These will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, 10 when He comes to be glorified in His saints on that day, and to be marveled at among all who have believed—for our testimony to you was believed.
    And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Thames, New Zealand
    Posts
    2,239
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Flood then, Fire next

    Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    God only said that he will not destroy the earth again by flood
    2 Peter 3:7 By God's Word, the present heavens and earth are reserved for burning...for the Day of Judgement...…
    Deuteronomy 32:22 & 34-43, For fire is set ablaze by My anger, it devours the earth and its harvest.
    Isaiah 66:15-16 See the Lord is coming in fire.....He will Judge with fire and many will be slain by Him.
    And about 70 other prophesies about the Lord's Day of wrath by fire.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Thames, New Zealand
    Posts
    2,239
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Flood then, Fire next

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    Rev 16
    3 And I saw coming out of the mouth of the dragon and out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet, three unclean spirits like frogs; 14 for they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go out to the kings of the whole world, to gather them together for the war of the great day of God, the Almighty. 15 (“Behold, I am coming like a thief. Blessed is the one who stays awake and keeps his clothes, so that he will not walk about naked and men will not see his shame.”) 16 And they gathered them together to the place which in Hebrew is called Har-Magedon.


    How can this be the end of the millennium?

    Jesus coming like a thief is a second coming event.., and the beast and false prophet operate prior to his coming not after.



    2pet 3
    7 But by His word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.
    8 But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day. 9 The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.
    10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up.


    That's a return of Jesus in fire to eternally separate the ungodly on the day he returns to glorify his own as promised.



    2 thess 1
    6 For after all it is only just for God to repay with affliction those who afflict you, 7 and to give relief to you who are afflicted and to us as well when the Lord Jesus will be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in flaming fire, 8 dealing out retribution to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 These will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, 10 when He comes to be glorified in His saints on that day, and to be marveled at among all who have believed—for our testimony to you was believed.
    Sorry, wrong quote, I have corrected it.

    I do not see 2 Peter 3:7-10 or 2 Thess 1:6-10, as happening at the Return of Jesus. They both pertain to the Lord's Day of wrath. verse 10....the Lord is only revealed to His own people. At the Return, He will be seen by all the world.
    Note; in the 3 prophesies about the Return; Zechariah 14:3, Matthew 24:31 and Revelation 19:11, there is no mention of fire.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pitt Meadows b.c.
    Posts
    4,966
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Flood then, Fire next

    Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    2 Peter 3:7 By God's Word, the present heavens and earth are reserved for burning...for the Day of Judgement...…
    Deuteronomy 32:22 & 34-43, For fire is set ablaze by My anger, it devours the earth and its harvest.
    Isaiah 66:15-16 See the Lord is coming in fire.....He will Judge with fire and many will be slain by Him.
    And about 70 other prophesies about the Lord's Day of wrath by fire.
    Yes and He will by fire but I stated that He only said that He will not destroy the world again by flood

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    ADELAIDE / South Australia
    Posts
    3,873

    Re: Flood then, Fire next

    Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post

    I do not see 2 Peter 3:7-10 or 2 Thess 1:6-10, as happening at the Return of Jesus. They both pertain to the Lord's Day of wrath. verse 10....the Lord is only revealed to His own people. At the Return, He will be seen by all the world.
    Jesus is revealed to glorify all those who have believed the message of Peter and Paul etc , AND to deal out retribution to those who do not know God AND to those who do not believe the Gospel.

    Either God ,through the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ , will embrace you, or he will eternally separate you from his presence.
    Seeing as we look to these things , what kind of people ought we to be if we are going to inherit a NHNE where righteousness dwells , at the promise of his coming?
    And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Thames, New Zealand
    Posts
    2,239
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Flood then, Fire next

    [QUOTE=jeffweeder;3477572]Jesus is revealed to glorify all those who have believed the message of Peter and Paul etc , AND to deal out retribution to those who do not know God AND to those who do not believe the Gospel. /QUOTE]

    Exactly as Isaiah 66:15-21 tells us. See in Revelation 14:1, where Jesus stands on Mt Zion, as He selects the 144,000 out of all His faithful Christian people.

    The 'coming in fire', will be the Sixth Seal cosmic and earthly event, years before the Return, that will set the scene for all that is prophesied to happen from the Sixth Seal, until the glorious Return.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    128

    Re: Flood then, Fire next

    In Revelation 16:15 on the 6th Vial, Jesus warning His Church on earth says He comes "as a thief". So yes, the "day of the Lord" event of God's consuming fire which Peter mentioned (from the OT prophets), is the day of Christ's 2nd coming, Jesus Himself also showing that with the "as a thief" metaphor. The very next Revelation verse there is about His gathering the nations to do battle with the 7th Vial being poured out in the air.

    In 1 Thess.5, Paul spoke of the same "day of the Lord" coming "as a thief in the night", along with the "sudden destruction" event spoken of by the OT prophets. This event is covered again at the end of Hebrews 12.

    The difference with God's consuming fire on the "day of the Lord" when Jesus comes, is that it will destroy a portion of the armies that will come upon Israel on the last day of this world, and it will burn man's works off the surface of the earth, just as the flood of Noah's day destroyed man's works. It will usher all into the future Millennium. But the consuming fire at the end of the future Millennium per Rev.20 will be only upon those nations who follow Satan when he is loosed to tempt them after that thousand years.


    Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    Sorry, wrong quote, I have corrected it.

    I do not see 2 Peter 3:7-10 or 2 Thess 1:6-10, as happening at the Return of Jesus. They both pertain to the Lord's Day of wrath. verse 10....the Lord is only revealed to His own people. At the Return, He will be seen by all the world.
    Note; in the 3 prophesies about the Return; Zechariah 14:3, Matthew 24:31 and Revelation 19:11, there is no mention of fire.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Thames, New Zealand
    Posts
    2,239
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Flood then, Fire next

    The great and terrible Day of the Lord's vengeance and wrath is not and cannot be the same Day as Jesus Returns in glory.
    That Day is at the Sixth Seal, which is the next prophesied event we can expect, the one that will change the world and commence all the other things leading up to the Return if Jesus for His Millennium reign.
    Does Amos 5:18-20 relate to the glorious Return? In no way, neither does all the other 100+ prophesies about the Lord's punishment of the nations by His fiery wrath.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    128

    Re: Flood then, Fire next

    Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    The great and terrible Day of the Lord's vengeance and wrath is not and cannot be the same Day as Jesus Returns in glory.
    That Day is at the Sixth Seal, which is the next prophesied event we can expect, the one that will change the world and commence all the other things leading up to the Return if Jesus for His Millennium reign.
    Does Amos 5:18-20 relate to the glorious Return? In no way, neither does all the other 100+ prophesies about the Lord's punishment of the nations by His fiery wrath.
    The 6th Seal is divided into two parts. The first part is about the untimely figs as a metaphor for the stars being cast to earth, which is actually tribulation time when Rev.12:7-17 happens. The latter part of the 6th Seal is about Jesus coming in the clouds and God's cup of wrath getting ready to hit the earth. Jesus' return is actually on the 6th Seal, 7th Trumpet, 7th Vial.

    The Rev.6 chapter aligns with the order of events Jesus gave in Matt.24 and Mark 13. The last sign of the end He gave in His Olivet discourse is that of His coming and gathering of the Church. That's why the 6th Seal is showing His coming. It's a mistake to think how all the events written in the Book of Revelation are chronological, for they are not. That the 6th Seal shows Jesus' coming is proof of that.

    Yes Amos 5:18-20 relates to the coming "day of the Lord". Our Heavenly Father is speaking to the rebellious among the house of Israel there, i.e., the ten northern tribe kingdom which God created in 1 Kings 11 with setting up Jeroboam of the tribe of Ephraim over the northern ten tribes of Israel. Does the people of the house of Israel still exist today? Yes, but not as that old kingdom, because God scattered the majority of them among the Gentiles. But they are not gone, even as the later Amos 9:8-15 Scripture reveals, which is still yet to happen.

    As for what all will occur upon the nations on the day of Christ's second coming, I suggest you read through Rev.19 again, because He is coming to make war against His enemies at His second coming. He ain't comin' meek as a Lamb slain this next time.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Thames, New Zealand
    Posts
    2,239
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Flood then, Fire next

    Quote Originally Posted by DavePeace View Post
    The 6th Seal is divided into two parts. The first part is about the untimely figs as a metaphor for the stars being cast to earth, which is actually tribulation time when Rev.12:7-17 happens. The latter part of the 6th Seal is about Jesus coming in the clouds and God's cup of wrath getting ready to hit the earth. Jesus' return is actually on the 6th Seal, 7th Trumpet, 7th Vial.

    The Rev.6 chapter aligns with the order of events Jesus gave in Matt.24 and Mark 13. The last sign of the end He gave in His Olivet discourse is that of His coming and gathering of the Church. That's why the 6th Seal is showing His coming. It's a mistake to think how all the events written in the Book of Revelation are chronological, for they are not. That the 6th Seal shows Jesus' coming is proof of that.

    Yes Amos 5:18-20 relates to the coming "day of the Lord". Our Heavenly Father is speaking to the rebellious among the house of Israel there, i.e., the ten northern tribe kingdom which God created in 1 Kings 11 with setting up Jeroboam of the tribe of Ephraim over the northern ten tribes of Israel. Does the people of the house of Israel still exist today? Yes, but not as that old kingdom, because God scattered the majority of them among the Gentiles. But they are not gone, even as the later Amos 9:8-15 Scripture reveals, which is still yet to happen.

    As for what all will occur upon the nations on the day of Christ's second coming, I suggest you read through Rev.19 again, because He is coming to make war against His enemies at His second coming. He ain't comin' meek as a Lamb slain this next time.
    The Sixth Seal is an event that will happen before the Return, as the given sequence of Revelation shows and as all the prophesies about that terrible Day, simply do not relate to the Return of Jesus for His Millennium reign, Sure, He destroys an army then, but this is a quick disposal operation, nothing like the prophesies as; Amos 5:18-20, Isaiah 24, + and Malachi 4:1-6 is plainly all before the Return.

    An Explanation of the Sixth Seal:
    Revelation 6:12-17;
    I watched as the Lamb broke the Sixth Seal, – At this moment a Coronal Mass Ejection will explode out from the sun. Isaiah 30:26, Malachi 4:1, Zephaniah 3:8, Jeremiah 23:19 Triggered by the attack onto Israel, as per Psalms 83, Psalms 11:4-6, Psalms 50:1-3, 2 Peter 3:7

    There was a violent earthquake – The microwave effect of the short wave spectrum penetrates the earth’s crust, triggering worldwide earthquakes. Haggai 2:6, Deuteronomy 32:22, Isaiah 26:18-20, Amos 8:8-9, Psalms 18:7

    The sun turned black as a funeral pall – Acts 2:20 The approaching mass of the CME will obscure the sun. Joel 2:31, Amos 5:20

    The moon became a red as blood – Joel 2:31 The superheated hydrogen plasma strikes the moon and causes a thermite reaction with the aluminium oxide moon dust. As well as: the bright reflection of the initial flash. Isaiah 30:26a

    The stars in the sky fell like ripe figs – All our satellites crash to earth and there may be a meteor shower. Isaiah 34:4, Isaiah 28:2

    The sky vanished like a scroll being rolled up
    – Our magnetosphere and atmosphere facing the sun are pushed aside by this multi billion ton pressure wave of superheated hydrogen plasma. Jeremiah 30:23, Isaiah 34:4, 2 Peter 3:7 & 10, Isaiah 51:6

    Every mountain and island moved from their place – Tectonic plate movement caused by the microwave effect. Deuteronomy 32:22, Jeremiah 4:23-24, Habakkuk 3:6, Isaiah 13:13 Also may cause a magnetic pole reversal.

    Everyone from high to lowly hid themselves – every person on earth will be terrified by what is coming and they scramble for cover. Ezekiel 7:15-19, Zephaniah 1:3 & 11, Luke 21:25-26

    They called out: Hide us from the wrath of the Lamb – People will dive for cover and most will survive, as they see this disaster approaching. The main mass of a CME takes 24 hours to arrive on earth. Isaiah 2:19, Isaiah 28:21-22, Jeremiah 25:38, Luke 23:30

    For the great Day of the Lord has come and who can stand? Deuteronomy 32:22, Ezekiel 7:7, Zephaniah 1:14-18, Joel 1:15.

    This is the great Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath, prophesied over 100 times throughout the Bible, it is this terrible worldwide devastation that enables the establishment of a One World Government. But those who took heed of the warnings, Isaiah 26:20-21, took shelter and at the same time called to the Lord for protection, Acts 2:21, 1 Peter 1:5, Psalms 68:1-3, Joel 2:32 & 3:16 and will receive the great blessings the Lord has for His faithful Christian people.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    128

    Re: Flood then, Fire next

    Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    The Sixth Seal is an event that will happen before the Return, as the given sequence of Revelation shows and as all the prophesies about that terrible Day, simply do not relate to the Return of Jesus for His Millennium reign, Sure, He destroys an army then, but this is a quick disposal operation, nothing like the prophesies as; Amos 5:18-20, Isaiah 24, + and Malachi 4:1-6 is plainly all before the Return.
    Well, the 6th Seal does... show the time of Christ's coming, because the day of His wrath is the day of His 2nd coming. That's why I referred you to the Rev.19 chapter which reveals this very point. Every mountain and island moving out of their places like Rev.6:14 on the 6th Seal says most definitely is an event set for the very last day of this present world when Jesus returns.

    You're trying to make the Revelation events flow chronologically in the order they were written down by John instead of actually understanding the true order of the events shown in the rest of God's Word, which allows us to know the proper order in Revelation. The "day of the Lord" happens on the very last day of this world when Jesus returns to gather His Church and do battle at Armageddon. The events at the end of Ezekiel 39, Revelation 19, and Revelation 11:14 forward, Revelation 16:16-21 about the battle of Armageddon, Revelation 18, the Matthew 24:29-31 and Mark 13:24-27 events, the resurrection and caught up events of 1 Thessalonians 4, the consuming fire events of 2 Peter 3:10-12, etc., all these events occur on the 7th trumpet, 7th vial, 6th seal, or "last trump" of 1 Corinthians 15, and they all happen on that same final day of this present world when Jesus returns. Those events are also linked to the OT prophet's "day of the Lord" in Zechariah 14, the Book of Joel, Isaiah, Obad, and more.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 34
    Last Post: Jul 23rd 2018, 03:22 PM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: Dec 8th 2011, 08:52 AM
  3. Genesis chapter 6- Global Flood vs. Local Flood
    By DeafPosttrib in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: Apr 1st 2011, 01:40 AM
  4. Discussion IF There Will be No Fire, Was There A Flood?
    By Firstfruits in forum End Times Chat
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: Oct 25th 2009, 02:16 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •