Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: works the most gets the most

Re: works the most gets the most

Quote Originally Posted by Trivalee View Post
    I'm really tired of hearing "context" says this, context says that. Poor Mr. Context is now used to justify every poor interpretation of scripture.
    Says the guy that interpreted it to take place in heaven because he saw the word heaven which has multiple meanings. What is poor about my interpretation?

Reading the parable in Matt 20, I don't get how it's about when Jesus sits on his Throne of glory?
    No one said it is. You said we were off topic because when isn't in the parable, but verse 8 does. Since the parable was told because of what preceded, and what preceded tells us when, it is perfectly acceptable to discuss.

For example, immortality/eternal life is granted immediately the resurrection/rapture occurs and at that point, the Lord is still NOT on his Throne of glory on earth.
    These concepts aren't in the context. Contexts and parables do have limitations.

Blog Entries

Re: works the most gets the most

Quote Originally Posted by Noeb View Post
    Says the guy that interpreted it to take place in heaven because he saw the word heaven which has multiple meanings. What is poor about my interpretation?

No one said it is. You said we were off topic because when isn't in the parable, but verse 8 does. Since the parable was told because of what preceded, and what preceded tells us when, it is perfectly acceptable to discuss.

These concepts aren't in the context. Contexts and parables do have limitations.
    If you say so.

Thread Information