Thread: Migrants Met With Fear, Disdain In Tijuana, Mexico

Migrants Met With Fear, Disdain In Tijuana, Mexico

Migrants Met With Fear, Disdain In Tijuana, Mexico..

TIJUANA, Mexico — In 2016, when as many as 3,000 Haitians who fled Hurricane Matthew ended up stuck in Tijuana without a legal way north, locals and leaders offered housing, clothing and jobs.

"It's something people in Tijuana would cite with pride," said Everard Meade, director of the Trans Border Institute at the University of San Diego. He summarizes Tijuana's response: "The United States couldn't do anything for them, but we did."

Mexico has long been a welcoming crossroads of the Americas with Tijuana its northern beacon. But this time, with an estimated 10,000 Central American migrants aiming to cross the U.S. border, good will is fading and hostility is growing.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...7mb?li=BBnbcA1

Jude

If Jesus had preached the same message that ministers preach today, He would never have been crucified.

~ Leonard Ravenhill

Re: Migrants Met With Fear, Disdain In Tijuana, Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by Jude View Post
    good will is fading and hostility is growing.
    I believe it was Ben Franklin who said that fish and visitors stink after three days...
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    I believe it was Ben Franklin who said that fish and visitors stink after three days...
    That’s what happens when ya spend too much time in France

Blog Entries

Praying for God's mercy on these people...

Come, everyone who thirsts, come to the waters; and he who has no money, come, buy and eat!
    Come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.
    (Isaiah 55)
    여러분은 주님 안에서 항상 기뻐하십시오. 내가 다시 말합니다. 기뻐하십시오.
    모든 사람을 너그럽게 대하십시오. 주님께서 오실 날이 가까웠습니다. Philippians 4

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aviyah View Post

Come, everyone who thirsts, come to the waters; and he who has no money, come, buy and eat!
    (Isaiah 55)
    Since the issue involves the citizens of Tijuana, you might want to preach to them in their own language.

Venid, todos los que tengan sed, venid a las aguas; ¡ y el que no tiene dinero, venga, compre y coma!
    ven, compra vino y leche sin dinero y sin precio. - Isaiah 55
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

You know, they didn't just find themselves in Tijuana one day. They deliberately placed themselves in this situation. The Mexican government actually offered them refuge in any number of cities, but they declined it.
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    Since the issue involves the citizens of Tijuana, you might want to preach to them in their own language.

Venid, todos los que tengan sed, venid a las aguas; ¡ y el que no tiene dinero, venga, compre y coma!
    ven, compra vino y leche sin dinero y sin precio. - Isaiah 55
    Nice! My Spanish is very poor, lol.
    여러분은 주님 안에서 항상 기뻐하십시오. 내가 다시 말합니다. 기뻐하십시오.
    모든 사람을 너그럽게 대하십시오. 주님께서 오실 날이 가까웠습니다. Philippians 4

(Isaiah 55)
    The Mexican government offered them plenty of mercy but they turned it down. They are doing this for political reasons.

Of course, God uses His church to show mercy but governments to show wrath. Governments should not allow these folks to lawlessly cross the borders. Churches should give them refuge. Governments should not allow them to work so long as they are here illegally. Churches should keep them up if that is what they desire to do or help support them in their own country.

I use to be FAR more pro immigration (so far as illegal immigrants are concerned) than I am now. Having seen how the system is being abused, how we basically have no border, something has to be done.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

I'm waiting to see what Rome has to say about this..those folks are Roman citizens aren't they?

Jude
    If Jesus had preached the same message that ministers preach today, He would never have been crucified.

~ Leonard Ravenhill

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jude View Post
    I'm waiting to see what Rome has to say about this..those folks are Roman citizens aren't they?

Jude
    No. There are no Roman citizens. There is no Jesuit manifesto. There are no illuminati. No matter how much you want to blame the Pope for every thing that happens on planet earth, all you are doing is gossiping. That's a sin Jude. Stop it.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Thread Information