Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Time periods of Daniel and Revelation

Blog Entries

Re: Time periods of Daniel and Revelation

Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    How was I derogatory toward God? It was toward you and your comment that was totally unscriptural.
    You said ForHisGlory is Foot in Gob. That is derogatory towards God, claiming His glory is nothing but that.
    Nothing I stated was unscriptural.

You now say what I posted does not tie into the 3 Feasts. Your error here is that those Feasts do not happen at the same year, or maybe not even in sequence.
    What you posted still doesn't tie into the 3 Feasts. I can accept that they won't be fulfilled in the same year, but the timing of 1290 and 1335 means you have 45 days between them. So your tying of one thing to another is incorrect.
    Hanukkah is NOT one of the 3 Feasts.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post

What you posted still doesn't tie into the 3 Feasts. I can accept that they won't be fulfilled in the same year, but the timing of 1290 and 1335 means you have 45 days between them. So your tying of one thing to another is incorrect.
    Hanukkah is NOT one of the 3 Feasts.
    The timing is from the 1260 days; when Jesus will Return. There is exactly 75 days from the Day of Atonement until the Feast of Hanukkah - the 1335 day period from the Return to the rededication of the Temple. Please stop your attempts to discredit me.

Hanukkah is an additional Feast, celebrated since 164 BC on the 25 day of Kislev, 1 Maccabees 4:52-53 It will be once again, the Day of re-dedication.

Blog Entries

The Holocaust was BEFORE 1967 and BEFORE 1948.
    Therefore the end of the subjection is when there is no more stranglehold on Isarel and the Jews, and IMO on Jerusalem.
    So EITHER we look at the END which is CONTEXTUALLY that of the Greek kingdoms - Alexander, Ptolemaic and Seleucid - OR we look at the modern time, which most would agree happened by 1967 if not 1948. Some were even counting the Jubilee from 1948 and then 70 years, and then the Jubilee from 1967 which was last year.
    Since we can't tell the future, I see the *end* of Israel's trouble only when the Messiah returns and I sincerely believe it is the appropriate interpretation of the text. The end will not be the end if we limit it to their past oppressions.

RevMan does NOT have a logical or even plausible explanation for the 1290 and 1335 days. I read it and it doesn't work by miles.
    The best I know of is that the 1290 days starts BEFORE the 1260 days. Then the 1335 days somehow is 45 days AFTER Jesus returns. Yet this is nonsense even when you consider it. How can you be more blessed than when Jesus returns?
    It is the same issue as those who try to put the 7 vials AFTER Jesus returns.
    The way you presented it is not the way that RevMan explained it. But I must confess that I'm out of my depth on this one. I will contact RevMan privately to help out.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trivalee View Post
    The way you presented it is not the way that RevMan explained it. But I must confess that I'm out of my depth on this one. I will contact RevMan privately to help out.
    Does the fact of there being exactly 75 days between the Day of Atonement and the ordained Feast of Hanukkah, have no significance for anyone here?
    1260 + 75 = 1335

Jesus Returns on day 1260, destroys the Anti-Christs army and chains him up. Revelation 19:17-21 & 20:1-2
    He then sends out His angels to gather all the people who kept faithful right until His Return. Matthew 24:30-31
    They celebrate the Marriage Feast over the next 30 days. [day 1290]
    Then the Temple is cleansed and re-dedicated on day 1335.

Simple, logical and no need to try silly notions like putting the extra days first. A Tim McHyde teaching, that has no foundation.

Blog Entries

Does the fact of there being exactly 75 days between the Day of Atonement and the ordained Feast of Hanukkah, have no significance for anyone here?
    1260 + 75 = 1335

Jesus Returns on day 1260, destroys the Anti-Christs army and chains him up. Revelation 19:17-21 & 20:1-2
    He then sends out His angels to gather all the people who kept faithful right until His Return. Matthew 24:30-31
    They celebrate the Marriage Feast over the next 30 days. [day 1290]
    Then the Temple is cleansed and re-dedicated on day 1335.

Simple, logical and no need to try silly notions like putting the extra days first. A Tim McHyde teaching, that has no foundation.
    Brother, I can't say anything for certain without relying on speculation. But for what it's worth...

1. If you accept that Dan 12: 11-12 is end times as I do, then I don't believe that the Day of Atonement and Hanukkah is what the angel had in mind when he told Daniel " v-12 blessed is he that waits and comes to the 1335 days". My reason is that we have just been told in v-11 that the daily sacrifice has been taking away and the AoD set up. I figure this will be a difficult time for devout Jews who probably will resist the AC and consequently die for trying.

2. RevMan posits that the "75 days" is the window for the faithful in Jerusalem at the time to escape to the desert. It is hardly a time to celebrate as the AC appropriates the temple to show himself off as God.

3. The 1260 days is actually the number of days the faithful will remain in their protective enclave in the desert (Rev 12:6 & 14) And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

4. The way I see it, the lesser numbers 1260 and 1335 has to be deducted from the greater 1290 days. But as I said, I don't have all the answers, so you may yet to be right...

Blog Entries

The timing is from the 1260 days; when Jesus will Return. There is exactly 75 days from the Day of Atonement until the Feast of Hanukkah - the 1335 day period from the Return to the rededication of the Temple. Please stop your attempts to discredit me.

Hanukkah is an additional Feast, celebrated since 164 BC on the 25 day of Kislev, 1 Maccabees 4:52-53 It will be once again, the Day of re-dedication.
    Sorry but Hanukkah is NOT one off the 3 Fall Feasts.
    I recognise it as an event of importance, but God did NOT state it as something to be kept. Neither is Purim, which was also instigated by Man.
    Nothing wrong with them but they are NOT part of God's redemptive plan in terms of Him fulfilling them in the future.
    The 3 Fall Feasts are that of Trumpets, Atonement and Booths.

So you have Jesus return and then take 75 days for a rededication? Wow! So you are more blessed after those 75 days than on the Day Jesus returns.
    Also note Dan 11 and 12 make NO reference to 1260 days.
    It also does NOT take Jesus 75 days to rapture the church.

Blog Entries

Sorry but Hanukkah is NOT one off the 3 Fall Feasts.
    I recognise it as an event of importance, but God did NOT state it as something to be kept. Neither is Purim, which was also instigated by Man.
    Nothing wrong with them but they are NOT part of God's redemptive plan in terms of Him fulfilling them in the future.
    The 3 Fall Feasts are that of Trumpets, Atonement and Booths.

So you have Jesus return and then take 75 days for a rededication? Wow! So you are more blessed after those 75 days than on the Day Jesus returns.
    Also note Dan 11 and 12 make NO reference to 1260 days.
    It also does NOT take Jesus 75 days to rapture the church.
    The Prophet Haggai mentions the 24 day of Kislev 3 times. It is the day before Hanukkah, on the 25th Kislev. I see that as having significance.

Re the 1260 days; Daniel does mention that period, as 3 1/2 years.

As for the 'rapture of the Church'; that is purely a figment of your imagination. Jesus comes from heaven and we who remain will meet Him, then be with Him in the Millennium. Just as 1 Thess 4:15-17 and Matthew 24:30-31 tell us.

Blog Entries

The Prophet Haggai mentions the 24 day of Kislev 3 times. It is the day before Hanukkah, on the 25th Kislev. I see that as having significance.

Re the 1260 days; Daniel does mention that period, as 3 1/2 years.

As for the 'rapture of the Church'; that is purely a figment of your imagination. Jesus comes from heaven and we who remain will meet Him, then be with Him in the Millennium. Just as 1 Thess 4:15-17 and Matthew 24:30-31 tell us.
    Significance comes from CONTEXT. Haggai simply notes it as the date when he received a vision (which is unrelated).

Daniel NOWHERE says 1260 days is 3 1/2 years.

The Rapture is a REALITY. For where do we meet Him? In the air:
    1 Th 4:16* For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.*
    1 Th 4:17* Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.*

Yes we will come to the earth, but the Rapture ITSELF still occurs, for God will catch us up to Himself in the air, we won't be flying helicopters to meet Him there.

Blog Entries

Significance comes from CONTEXT. Haggai simply notes it as the date when he received a vision (which is unrelated).

Daniel NOWHERE says 1260 days is 3 1/2 years.

The Rapture is a REALITY. For where do we meet Him? In the air:
    1 Th 4:16* For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.*
    1 Th 4:17* Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.*

Yes we will come to the earth, but the Rapture ITSELF still occurs, for God will catch us up to Himself in the air, we won't be flying helicopters to meet Him there.
    Re Haggai mentioning the 24 day of Kislev 3 times; this is in our Bibles, NOTHING there is of no significance and when something is said 3 times, to just think; so what, is pure foolishness.

1260 days equals 3 1/2 years in Biblical time; the Jewish calendar.

The gathering of those who remain, 1 Thess 4:17, is a transportation, the same as Philip experienced. Acts 8:39

Blog Entries

Re Haggai mentioning the 24 day of Kislev 3 times; this is in our Bibles, NOTHING there is of no significance and when something is said 3 times, to just think; so what, is pure foolishness.
    In Haggai 1 he mentions the sixth month twice. Are we to assign some mystical meaning to it, or simply note that the first is when Haggai received God's word and the second is when the people obeyed - just over 3 weeks later.
    Absolutely no feasts during that month.

In Haggai 2 he mentions the 21st day of the 7th month, which would be the 7th day of the Feast of Booths. It is also less than a month since they started rebuilding.

The mention of the 24th day of the 9 month is after a total of three months since Haggai first heard from God.

God then mentions is at that is the day of the conversation and he asks has the harvest been as expected this year. Then God say He will bless from this day forward.

1260 days equals 3 1/2 years in Biblical time; the Jewish calendar.
    Incorrect. It is approximately the same, but not in the Jewish Calendar.

The gathering of those who remain, 1 Thess 4:17, is a transportation, the same as Philip experienced. Acts 8:39
    This is correct and that method of transportation is called Rapture. The Greek is harpazo, but we get the word through the Latin.
    G726
    ἁρπάζω
    harpazō
    har-pad'-zo
    From a derivative of G138; to seize (in various applications): - catch (away, up), pluck, pull, take (by force).

rapiemur
    first-person plural future passive indicative of rapiō "we shall be snatched, we shall be grabbed, we shall be carried off"

Blog Entries

Paul says that what happened to ancient Israel, is symbolic of what will happen in the end times. 1 Corinthians 10:11
    Peter said that we should read carefully all the Prophets, for our good understanding. 2 Peter 1:19

The Jews have a 30 day month. 42 months equal 1260 days and 3 1/2 years.

Whatever the people like to think Paul meant in 1 Thess 4:15-17; it surely does not say or mean that the Church will be raptured to heaven.
    As that prophecy is undeniably about Jesus' Return to the earth, it is totally illogical to think He comes here and we go there!

Blog Entries

Paul says that what happened to ancient Israel, is symbolic of what will happen in the end times. 1 Corinthians 10:11
    Peter said that we should read carefully all the Prophets, for our good understanding. 2 Peter 1:19
    Yes, what happened. If it is symbolic, then what is it symbolic of? What is the symbolism of the other dates when Haggai received the word? This is telling us reality and not symbolism.

The Jews have a 30 day month. 42 months equal 1260 days and 3 1/2 years.
    No they don't. Nor did they. Some think there may have been a 30 day month before the flood.
    Others point to the Jews possibly using the Greek or Persian calendars for a period of time. Certainly some names of months have been used in scripture from Persian and Josephus utilised Greek months when writing about the period of the Maccabees.
    42 months is usually 3 and 1/2 years when using the Roman calendar, but both the Jews and Greeks used intercalary months which would mean that 43 months would be 3 and 1/2 years, as a minimum.

Whatever the people like to think Paul meant in 1 Thess 4:15-17; it surely does not say or mean that the Church will be raptured to heaven.
    As that prophecy is undeniably about Jesus' Return to the earth, it is totally illogical to think He comes here and we go there!
    Did I say anything about going to heaven? Did I suggest we go there when He comes here? No to both questions, so why you are disagreeing with me is not about going to heaven. The fact is that there will be a rapture and we will be with Jesus, where He is. That does not take 75 or 45 days.

Blog Entries

What happened to the ancient Israelites will be repeated, more or less, by the Lord's people in the end times.
    For example; another Exodus is prophesied. Ezekiel 34:11016, Isaiah 35:1-10, Psalms 107

That the Bible makes the 1260 days, 42 months and the 3 1/2 years, all the same period, is proved by Revelation 11:2-3...the Temple court give to the Gentiles for 42 months.....the 2 Witnesses will prophesy for those 1260 days.
    Also Revelation 12:6...the 'woman' taken to safety for1260 days.....verse 14....she will be looked after there for 3 1/2 years....

So why bother to be pedantic about it? The Bible makes all 3 ways to be the same.

Glad your not going to heaven, we need good people here to do the work the Lord has assigned to each of us. And actually, if anything like the Promises of God to His faithful people come to pass, then life in the new nation of Beulah, Isaiah 62:1-5, will be truly amazing!

Blog Entries

1 Cor 10:11 doesn't say what you claim. Another text woefully interpreted. As for your denial of rapture to heaven - don't let me start.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trivalee View Post
    1 Cor 10:11 doesn't say what you claim. Another text woefully interpreted. As for your denial of rapture to heaven - don't let me start.
    I will concede that 1 Cor 10:11 doesn't necessarily mean that all that happened to ancient Israel will happen again to us.
    1 Cor 10:6 These things happened as warnings to us, to not desire evil things as they did.

But prophecy does say there will be a Second Exodus into all of the holy Land, of all the faithful believers; The righteous will inherit the Land. Psalms 37:29, Psalms 107, Isaiah 35:1-10, Ezekiel 34:11-16, + These truths destroy your precious 'rapture to heaven'.

Start why don't you?, and provide your Scriptural proof of a 'rapture to heaven'. I just can't see it anywhere.
    I would like to say it sounds like a nice idea; going to heaven, away from all the nasty stuff yet to happen, but knowing what I do about what God actually does plan for our future, then I prefer to go along with Gods plans. Amos 3:7, Hebrews 11:40

Thread Information