Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Time periods of Daniel and Revelation

Blog Entries

Time periods of Daniel and Revelation

All of time periods given are from the middle of the 70th week setting up of the Abomination of Desolation. In the last seven years before Jesus Returns, which will commence with the agreement of a 7 year peace treaty between the leader of the One World Government and the leaders of the nation in the holy Land. The first half will be peaceful, so is not mentioned. But when half is spent; Daniel 9:27, the OWG leader will break it and conquer them, at which time the Great Tribulation also begins.

Are Daniels’ days of 1260, 1290, and 1335 linked to the fulfilment of the last three Feasts of the Lord?
    Christ fulfilled the four spring feasts at His first Advent.
    They are Passover, Unleavened Bread, Firstfruits and Pentecost. Scholars have noted that they were fulfilled precisely and on the day appointed.
    It is accepted by many Bible students, with a fair level of confidence: that Christ will fulfill the Fall Feasts at His second coming…….precisely and on the day appointed.

They are the: Feast of Trumpets, Feast of Atonement, Feast of Tabernacles.
    1260 days……Starting at the midpoint, the Antichrist is given authority for 3 ½ years….42 months…time, times and half a time. These are all equivalents of 1260 days.
    The Antichrists reign ends when Jesus Returns to the earth, which occurs at the end of the 70th week. Satan, the ‘beast’, the Anti-Christ is chained up then.
    It is likely that the Return may occur on Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement: Jewish calendar: Tishri 10

From the time that the regular sacrifice is abolished and the abomination of desolation is set up, there will be 1290 days. ……Daniel 12:11
    30 days after Jesus Returns; the Jewish calendar date for 30 days after Tishri 10 is Cheshvan 10. This is the day that Noah and his family entered the ark then 7 days later, the Flood came. Genesis 7:10
    This 30 days may be the celebration of the marriage supper of the Lamb. Revelation 19:5-9 It includes the Feast of Tabernacles, Tishri 15 - 22nd.

How blessed is he who keeps waiting and attains to the 1,335 days! Daniel 12:12
    Hanukkah is the feast that celebrates the rededication of the temple, on Kislev 25
    It was desecrated by the first Abomination of Desolation set up by Antiochus 4th Epiphanes in the second century BC. It is exactly 75 days after Tishri 10.
    The 1335th day may be another rededication of the Temple, again on Hanukkah, the celebration of lighting the candles.

The remaining Feast, Yom Teruah on Tishri 1; is the Feast of Trumpets.
    This may be the forthcoming Day of the Lord’s wrath, the Sixth Seal event.
    This fits with prophecy, as many scriptures say the Trumpet will be blown on that Day. Joel 2:1-2, Ezekiel 7:14, Zechariah 9:14, Isaiah 18:3, Isaiah 29:6, Jeremiah 29:30-31, Hosea 5:8-9
    Yom Teruah is also the Day that cannot be certainly dated, as it is declared when the first sliver of the new moon is sighted in Jerusalem. You cannot know the Day.....

The Lord's terrible Day of wrath, will come like a thief, unexpectedly, sudden and shocking everyone. It will commence all the events that must happen before Jesus Returns.

Re: Time periods of Daniel and Revelation

Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    All of time periods given are from the middle of the 70th week setting up of the Abomination of Desolation. In the last seven years before Jesus Returns, which will commence with the agreement of a 7 year peace treaty between the leader of the One World Government and the leaders of the nation in the holy Land. The first half will be peaceful, so is not mentioned. But when half is spent; Daniel 9:27, the OWG leader will break it and conquer them, at which time the Great Tribulation also begins.

Are Daniels’ days of 1260, 1290, and 1335 linked to the fulfilment of the last three Feasts of the Lord?
    Christ fulfilled the four spring feasts at His first Advent.
    They are Passover, Unleavened Bread, Firstfruits and Pentecost. Scholars have noted that they were fulfilled precisely and on the day appointed.
    It is accepted by many Bible students, with a fair level of confidence: that Christ will fulfill the Fall Feasts at His second coming…….precisely and on the day appointed.

They are the: Feast of Trumpets, Feast of Atonement, Feast of Tabernacles.
    1260 days……Starting at the midpoint, the Antichrist is given authority for 3 ½ years….42 months…time, times and half a time. These are all equivalents of 1260 days.
    The Antichrists reign ends when Jesus Returns to the earth, which occurs at the end of the 70th week. Satan, the ‘beast’, the Anti-Christ is chained up then.
    It is likely that the Return may occur on Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement: Jewish calendar: Tishri 10

From the time that the regular sacrifice is abolished and the abomination of desolation is set up, there will be 1290 days. ……Daniel 12:11
    30 days after Jesus Returns; the Jewish calendar date for 30 days after Tishri 10 is Cheshvan 10. This is the day that Noah and his family entered the ark then 7 days later, the Flood came. Genesis 7:10
    This 30 days may be the celebration of the marriage supper of the Lamb. Revelation 19:5-9 It includes the Feast of Tabernacles, Tishri 15 - 22nd.

How blessed is he who keeps waiting and attains to the 1,335 days! Daniel 12:12
    Hanukkah is the feast that celebrates the rededication of the temple, on Kislev 25
    It was desecrated by the first Abomination of Desolation set up by Antiochus 4th Epiphanes in the second century BC. It is exactly 75 days after Tishri 10.
    The 1335th day may be another rededication of the Temple, again on Hanukkah, the celebration of lighting the candles.

The remaining Feast, Yom Teruah on Tishri 1; is the Feast of Trumpets.
    This may be the forthcoming Day of the Lord’s wrath, the Sixth Seal event.
    This fits with prophecy, as many scriptures say the Trumpet will be blown on that Day. Joel 2:1-2, Ezekiel 7:14, Zechariah 9:14, Isaiah 18:3, Isaiah 29:6, Jeremiah 29:30-31, Hosea 5:8-9
    Yom Teruah is also the Day that cannot be certainly dated, as it is declared when the first sliver of the new moon is sighted in Jerusalem. You cannot know the Day.....

The Lord's terrible Day of wrath, will come like a thief, unexpectedly, sudden and shocking everyone. It will commence all the events that must happen before Jesus Returns.
    Concerning the 1290 days, it has come to my attention that (i think) that we are missing something.

*[[Dan 12:11]] KJV* And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

When we compare that to:

*[[Dan 11:31]] KJV* And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

To those who see an endtimes application to both Dan 11 & 12, Daniel 12 follows the same order as chapter 11. Taking away the daily sacrifice is placed in an order that precedes the AoD.

Many, including myself, have taken the two things (daily and AoD) to be of a simultaneous event, or at least of a simultaneous time (day). By doing so, the result is the 1290 prophecy is a timeline with only ones set of endpoints. Thus one has to bring forth an endless set of opinions about what lies at the other end of that timelines for 1290 & 1335 days. The reading found in Dan 11:31 is that the daily is taken away for some period of time before Daniel 12:1 takes place. Plus, the wording in [11:31] is such that the two things are not the same, i.e., the AoD is "setup" later. When you read the priestly law, Leviticus, etc, you find that the daily sacrifice is set up to be the portion for the high priest and his family. What I am seeing (new) is that there will be temple rites, without a daily sacrifice being offered. I can't hardly imagine a Jewish temple without a high priest, but maybe there will simply be no daily sacrifice offered for 1290 days. What seems to complicate this matter even more would be that the daily sacrifice is removed (many days) before the great tribulation of Dan 12. One of my strong beefs against the AoD correlating with the antichrist/or man of sin is that the AoD has a precedence of time over the great tribulation. The AoD has to "be seen" first. But my main point of this post is that the AoD does not take p place at the same time as the removal of the daily. The language of Dan 12:12, IMHO, conveys that the "setting up of the AoD", is part of the 1290 days. Look at it again:

*[[Dan 12:11]] KJV* And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

I can't explain what this really means, but i do think that Dan 12:12 must agree with Dan11:31.

Blessings
    The PuP

Blog Entries

Nope the 1290 days and 1335 days were already fulfilled in 164 BC.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post
    FHG, I think your abbreviated name may mean 'Foot in Gob. Gob= Mouth.
    Jesus gave the time of 1260 days, 42 months and 3 1/2 years, to John in His Revelation. Nearly 200 years later than A4E
    They relate directly to what Daniel prophesied. The 70th 'week' and Daniel 7:25, Daniel 12:7

Do you think the 3 Fall feasts won't be fulfilled?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pesachpup View Post
    Concerning the 1290 days, it has come to my attention that (i think) that we are missing something.

When we compare that to:

*[[Dan 11:31]] KJV* And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

To those who see an endtimes application to both Dan 11 & 12, Daniel 12 follows the same order as chapter 11. Taking away the daily sacrifice is placed in an order that precedes the AoD.

Many, including myself, have taken the two things (daily and AoD) to be of a simultaneous event, or at least of a simultaneous time (day). By doing so, the result is the 1290 prophecy is a timeline with only ones set of endpoints. Thus one has to bring forth an endless set of opinions about what lies at the other end of that timelines for 1290 & 1335 days. The reading found in Dan 11:31 is that the daily is taken away for some period of time before Daniel 12:1 takes place. Plus, the wording in [11:31] is such that the two things are not the same, i.e., the AoD is "setup" later. When you read the priestly law, Leviticus, etc, you find that the daily sacrifice is set up to be the portion for the high priest and his family. What I am seeing (new) is that there will be temple rites, without a daily sacrifice being offered. I can't hardly imagine a Jewish temple without a high priest, but maybe there will simply be no daily sacrifice offered for 1290 days. What seems to complicate this matter even more would be that the daily sacrifice is removed (many days) before the great tribulation of Dan 12. One of my strong beefs against the AoD correlating with the antichrist/or man of sin is that the AoD has a precedence of time over the great tribulation. The AoD has to "be seen" first. But my main point of this post is that the AoD does not take p place at the same time as the removal of the daily. The language of Dan 12:12, IMHO, conveys that the "setting up of the AoD", is part of the 1290 days. Look at it again:

I can't explain what this really means, but i do think that Dan 12:12 must agree with Dan11:31.

Blessings
    The PuP
    Thanks for your good reply, PuP.

When the leader of the One World Govt comes to the holy Land and conquers God's holy People, Daniel 7:25 and Revelation 13:7, he will immediately stop the sacrifices and offerings in the Temple. It may be weeks later that he ceremoniously enthrones himself in the Temple, declaring himself to be god. 2 Thessalonians 2:4

An afterthought to the OP, is the Feast of Tabernacles, the seven days of Tishri 25-22, is more likely to be fulfilled after the Millennium, when God Himself comes to dwell with mankind. Revelation 21:1-7 The word translated into Tabernacles, is actually Hebrew for 'God with us', or 'God cover us'.

Blog Entries

Nope. The 1290 days and 1335 days will be fulfilled at the time of the future Antichrist as is the whole of Dan 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Trivalee View Post
    Nope. The 1290 days and 1335 days will be fulfilled at the time of the future Antichrist as is the whole of Dan 12.

If that is what you conclude, you then have to also conclude Daniel 11:31 is fulfilled "at the time of the future Antichrist as is the whole of Dan 12". Except, unless I'm mistaken, I seem to recall you concluding Daniel 11:31 has already been fulfilled in past history. And if so you are not interpreting these things in a consistent manner if you have the exact same events in Dan 11 and 12 referring to totally different events at totally different times.

Daniel 11:31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate .
    32 And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.
    33 And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days.
    34 Now when they shall fall, they shall be holpen with a little help: but many shall cleave to them with flatteries.
    35 And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end : because it is yet for a time appointed.

Daniel 12:9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.
    10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried ; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.
    11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up , there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.
    12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

There is no way these can't be referring to the same events, what I have underlined.

As to the time of the end. IMO there is the time of the end, where once that begins, it literally leads to the literal end, as in no more days in this age after that. IOW the fulfillment of Daniel 12:13. And there is the literal end, meaning Daniel 12:13.

So as to Daniel 11:35, the way I interpret it is like such...And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end of days in this age : because it is yet for a time appointed. The time appointed appears to be...Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    FHG, I think your abbreviated name may mean 'Foot in Gob. Gob= Mouth.
    Jesus gave the time of 1260 days, 42 months and 3 1/2 years, to John in His Revelation. Nearly 200 years later than A4E
    They relate directly to what Daniel prophesied. The 70th 'week' and Daniel 7:25, Daniel 12:7

Do you think the 3 Fall feasts won't be fulfilled?
    Very derogatory towards God.
    Jesus did give a period of 1260 days and of 42 months to John. And?
    The 70th week of Dan 9:27 is neither 1260 days nor 42 months. It is more like 84 months. It certainly is NOT 1290 days or 1335 days.
    Dan 7:25 likewise is yet to be fulfilled.

However Dan 12:7 was fulfilled back in 164 BC, this is when the power of the Jews which had been shattered came to an end and they regained independence for a period of time.
    The Feasts will indeed be fulfilled.
    However your speculation in the OP does not tie into the 3 Feasts. There is 10 days between the Feast of Trumpets and that of Atonement and then only 5 days until the Feast of Booths. Leviticus 23 will clarify this for you.

I believe the final Feast, when it ends is when Jesus will return and bring those who fled into the wilderness out of it.

Blog Entries

Nope ONLY the resurrection alluded to in Dan 12:2 is yet future from Dan 11 & 12.
    The rest ALL occurred AT THAT TIME, which was the time of Tribulation as noted in Dan 11:31.

Now IF you conclude that Dan 11:31 is future THEN you are being consistent and I can understand your reasoning, even if I disagree with it.
    However you have yet to put a reason why the fulfillment, as I explained elsewhere has not already occurred.
    This verse may help you:
    Dan 12:7* And I heard the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the stream; he raised his right hand and his left hand toward heaven and swore by him who lives forever that it would be for a time, times, and half a time, and that when the shattering of the power of the holy people comes to an end all these things would be finished.
    Very simple questions are:
    When did the shattering of their power happen?
    When did the shattering of their power come to an end?

Now anyone who has studied the Bible and history will know that the shattering of their power was by King Nebuchadnezzar in 586 BC.
    This is the CONTEXT into which the angel is speaking.
    Now when did they regain independence, regain power over their own land?
    The answer is when they overthrew the yoke of the Seleucid kingdom. This power over them was broken in 164 BC.

Now those who want to put this into the future, would then be forced to recognise that in 1948 Israel regained (once again) power over the land. In 1967 they regained power over Jerusalem and the West Bank.
    So if you claim 164 BC was not the end of that period of shattering (which it was), then this means you have to recognise that at the latest 1967 was, yet this would mean that Dan 12:7 is referring to 1967.
    However no one would agree that these things were finished then or the 1290 days and 1335 days occurred.
    Yet in 164 BC we do find the 1290 days and 1335 days did occur, even as the 1150 days had in the previous year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by divaD View Post
    If that is what you conclude, you then have to also conclude Daniel 11:31 is fulfilled "at the time of the future Antichrist as is the whole of Dan 12". Except, unless I'm mistaken, I seem to recall you concluding Daniel 11:31 has already been fulfilled in past history. And if so you are not interpreting these things in a consistent manner if you have the exact same events in Dan 11 and 12 referring to totally different events at totally different times.

Daniel 11:31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate .
    32 And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.
    33 And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days.
    34 Now when they shall fall, they shall be holpen with a little help: but many shall cleave to them with flatteries.
    35 And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end : because it is yet for a time appointed.

Daniel 12:9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.
    10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried ; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.
    11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up , there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.
    12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

There is no way these can't be referring to the same events, what I have underlined.

As to the time of the end. IMO there is the time of the end, where once that begins, it literally leads to the literal end, as in no more days in this age after that. IOW the fulfillment of Daniel 12:13. And there is the literal end, meaning Daniel 12:13.

So as to Daniel 11:35, the way I interpret it is like such...And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end of days in this age : because it is yet for a time appointed. The time appointed appears to be...Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.
    1. Dan 11:31-35 describes the fate of Daniel's people during and, the aftermath of A4E's onslaught. His forceful cessation of the daily sacrifice and the placement of an idol in the temple, etc. You will recall according to Josephus that the Jews were divided into two camps at the time, namely; the orthodox Hasideans (Pious Ones) and a reform party that favoured Hellenism. Verse 32 gives insight; A4E used a variety of tactics including flattery and coercion to woo the liberal and amenable Jews into abandoning the tradition of their Fathers in favour of Hellenism. But the Orthodox remained steadfast "but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits".

2. The Orthodox (headed by the Maccabean Family) continues in v-33 to persuade their people not to embrace Hellenism and in the process, many died at the hands of A4E and his army. V-34 'helped with a little help' refers to the small band of Jewish diehards that escaped into the mountains and launched guerrilla attacks on Antiochus forts. As their conquests increased and news of their bravery spread, more volunteers joined to swell their ranks. V-35 is a recap of the devout Orthodox who remained faithful.

3. To make white is a declaration of *righteousness* on the dead upon the resurrection. This is confirmed by the reference to the time of the end. Vide: Dan 12:3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars forever and ever.

Dan 11 is 100% fulfilled by Dan 12 is also 100% future.

4. Dan 12:10-11 refer to the time of the Antichrist; again the scenario during A4E's time will play out. When the AC commandeers the temple for his own worship, he will be resisted by a segment of the Jewish population while the dumb among them, persuaded by the signs and wonders performed by the FP will believe the AC. RevelationMan has a better explanation of the 1290 and 1335 days and how they fit the AC and the Jew's escape into the desert.

5. I never argued that Dan 11:31-35 are the same as Dan 12. The only corroboration between chpt. 11 & 12 is the *time of the end* which denotes the end times.

Blog Entries

Nope ONLY the resurrection alluded to in Dan 12:2 is yet future from Dan 11 & 12.
    The rest ALL occurred AT THAT TIME, which was the time of Tribulation as noted in Dan 11:31.

Now IF you conclude that Dan 11:31 is future THEN you are being consistent and I can understand your reasoning, even if I disagree with it.
    However you have yet to put a reason why the fulfillment, as I explained elsewhere has not already occurred.
    This verse may help you:
    Dan 12:7* And I heard the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the stream; he raised his right hand and his left hand toward heaven and swore by him who lives forever that it would be for a time, times, and half a time, and that when the shattering of the power of the holy people comes to an end all these things would be finished.
    Very simple questions are:
    When did the shattering of their power happen?
    When did the shattering of their power come to an end?

Now anyone who has studied the Bible and history will know that the shattering of their power was by King Nebuchadnezzar in 586 BC.
    This is the CONTEXT into which the angel is speaking.
    Now when did they regain independence, regain power over their own land?
    The answer is when they overthrew the yoke of the Seleucid kingdom. This power over them was broken in 164 BC.

Now those who want to put this into the future, would then be forced to recognise that in 1948 Israel regained (once again) power over the land. In 1967 they regained power over Jerusalem and the West Bank.
    So if you claim 164 BC was not the end of that period of shattering (which it was), then this means you have to recognise that at the latest 1967 was, yet this would mean that Dan 12:7 is referring to 1967.
    However no one would agree that these things were finished then or the 1290 days and 1335 days occurred.
    Yet in 164 BC we do find the 1290 days and 1335 days did occur, even as the 1150 days had in the previous year.
    As I have told David, I never argued that Dan 11:31 is in the future. And I wonder where this is coming from? Perhaps, you should read my post #10 to understand my position? I wonder how you missed the smoking gun on the text you based your case on? "that when the shattering of the power of the holy people comes to an end all these things would be finished".

The *end* here denotes when oppression and subjugation of Daniel's people will finally come to an end and, that is when their Messiah returns to restore everlasting peace! If your account is to be believed, then why stop at 1967 when the future still portends unknown trouble for Israel? Furthermore, your position certainly has many "ends" in the narrative. Need I remind you this can't be true? As I told, David RevelationMan has a wonderful explanation of the 1290 and 1335 days and how they fit the time of the Antichrist.

Blog Entries

As I have told David, I never argued that Dan 11:31 is in the future. And I wonder where this is coming from? Perhaps, you should read my post #10 to understand my position? I wonder how you missed the smoking gun on the text you based your case on? "that when the shattering of the power of the holy people comes to an end all these things would be finished".

The *end* here denotes when oppression and subjugation of Daniel's people will finally come to an end and, that is when their Messiah returns to restore everlasting peace! If your account is to be believed, then why stop at 1967 when the future still portends unknown trouble for Israel? Furthermore, your position certainly has many "ends" in the narrative. Need I remind you this can't be true? As I told, David RevelationMan has a wonderful explanation of the 1290 and 1335 days and how they fit the time of the Antichrist.
    Actually no the subjection they were under by a foreign power was in ended 164 BC. They were again under foreign power from 64 BC.
    This is NOT about the Messiah's return, nor the end of 70 weeks. It is about an end to what they would undergo with the things stated in Dan 11.
    It is also NOT an absence of trouble or challenge. We mustn't change what is stated to something more or less than what is given.

There is one end, yet there are THREE times stated - 1150 days is one end, for then the sacrifice is restarted. Yet 1290 days is also mentioned, which therefore MUST BE another end of something. Then there are 1335 days after which is a blessing.
    So your argument that there can't be three ends disagrees with what we are told.
    You are trying to make out that the 1335 days and the 1290 days end at the SAME time, but it is their start which is the same as attested within the passage.

RevelationMan does NOT have a wonderful explanation.I read it. I didn't have the strength to try to untangle the mess of it. However as he is pretrib I am not surprised at his confusion.
    Last edited by ForHisglory; Nov 25th 2018 at 05:36 PM. Reason: clarification

Blog Entries

Very derogatory towards God.
    Jesus did give a period of 1260 days and of 42 months to John. And?
    The 70th week of Dan 9:27 is neither 1260 days nor 42 months. It is more like 84 months. It certainly is NOT 1290 days or 1335 days.
    Dan 7:25 likewise is yet to be fulfilled.

However Dan 12:7 was fulfilled back in 164 BC, this is when the power of the Jews which had been shattered came to an end and they regained independence for a period of time.
    The Feasts will indeed be fulfilled.
    However your speculation in the OP does not tie into the 3 Feasts. There is 10 days between the Feast of Trumpets and that of Atonement and then only 5 days until the Feast of Booths. Leviticus 23 will clarify this for you.

I believe the final Feast, when it ends is when Jesus will return and bring those who fled into the wilderness out of it.
    How was I derogatory toward God? It was toward you and your comment that was totally unscriptural.

You now say what I posted does not tie into the 3 Feasts. Your error here is that those Feasts do not happen at the same year, or maybe not even in sequence.

Blog Entries

Actually no the subjection they were under by a foreign power was in 164 BC. They were again under foreign power from 64 BC.
    This is NOT about the Messiah's return, nor the end of 70 weeks. It is about an end to what they would undergo with the things stated in Dan 11.
    It is also NOT an absence of trouble or challenge. We mustn't change what is stated to something more or less than what is given.

There is one end, yet there are THREE times stated - 1150 days is one end, for then the sacrifice is restarted. Yet 1290 days is also mentioned, which therefore MUST BE another end of something. Then there are 1335 days after which is a blessing.
    So your argument that there can't be three ends disagrees with what we are told.
    You are trying to make out that the 1335 days and the 1290 days end at the SAME time, but it is their start which is the same as attested within the passage.

RevelationMan does NOT have a wonderful explanation.I read it. I didn't have the strength to try to untangle the mess of it. However as he is pretrib I am not surprised at his confusion.
    I don't know anyone who believes what you've put forward? Talking about subjection by a foreign power, seems you conveniently forgot the Holocaust since you overlooked it to cite the war of 1967? I will not deny that the end of the Seleucid stranglehold on Judea is also an end. But the context of the end in Dan 11:35 and Dan 12 leaves no one in doubt that it's about the end times.

I'm not PreTrib as you know and vehemently disagree with those who claim the Chruch will be whisked away before GT. Nevertheless, and just like everyone else, even those with such views also get other aspects of scripture right. And RevMan has by miles, the most logical and plausible interpretation of the 1290 and 1335 days, that I have seen.

Blog Entries

I don't know anyone who believes what you've put forward? Talking about subjection by a foreign power, seems you conveniently forgot the Holocaust since you overlooked it to cite the war of 1967? I will not deny that the end of the Seleucid stranglehold on Judea is also an end. But the context of the end in Dan 11:35 and Dan 12 leaves no one in doubt that it's about the end times.
    The Holocaust was BEFORE 1967 and BEFORE 1948.
    Therefore the end of the subjection is when there is no more stranglehold on Isarel and the Jews, and IMO on Jerusalem.
    So EITHER we look at the END which is CONTEXTUALLY that of the Greek kingdoms - Alexander, Ptolemaic and Seleucid - OR we look at the modern time, which most would agree happened by 1967 if not 1948. Some were even counting the Jubilee from 1948 and then 70 years, and then the Jubilee from 1967 which was last year.

I'm not PreTrib as you know and vehemently disagree with those who claim the Chruch will be whisked away before GT. Nevertheless, and just like everyone else, even those with such views also get other aspects of scripture right. And RevMan has by miles, the most logical and plausible interpretation of the 1290 and 1335 days, that I have seen.
    RevMan does NOT have a logical or even plausible explanation for the 1290 and 1335 days. I read it and it doesn't work by miles.
    The best I know of is that the 1290 days starts BEFORE the 1260 days. Then the 1335 days somehow is 45 days AFTER Jesus returns. Yet this is nonsense even when you consider it. How can you be more blessed than when Jesus returns?
    It is the same issue as those who try to put the 7 vials AFTER Jesus returns.

Thread Information