Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Christians in Mexico: “Leave this Town or Be Crucified”

Blog Entries

Re: Christians in Mexico: “Leave this Town or Be Crucified”

Quote Originally Posted by Jude View Post
    That may be Jane but it wasn't breaking news in 1976 when Protestants were being murdered for preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ.. It still goes on to this very day.. We preached to the Yaqui Indians who were terrified of leaving mother church for fear of losing everything.. Losing their salvation having their families and friends burn in purgatory forever and other punishments. Has this country forgotten what it means to be Protestant?

Jude
    No. It’s just that some Protestants have forgotten how to love their neighbors and the commandment not to slander 1.2 billion Christians.

Conspiricy derail by the same two suspects...again....

Well, there goes another thread into contro.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    No. It’s just that some Protestants have forgotten how to love their neighbors and the commandment not to slander 1.2 billion Christians.

Conspiricy derail by the same two suspects...again....

Well, there goes another thread into contro.
    What about my brothers would you have them buried there as well?

Jude
    If Jesus had preached the same message that ministers preach today, He would never have been crucified.

~ Leonard Ravenhill

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    Primitive tribe kills Christian missionary

Sometimes you just have to know your audience I guess.
    perhaps he did 'know his audience' and understood the Great Commission: go ye therefore .

The 27-year-old American, identified as John Allen Chau, came to India on a tourist visa but came to the Andaman and Nicobar islands in October with the express purpose of proselytizing, Dependra Pathak, director general of police of the Andaman and Nicobar islands, told CNN

"We refuse to call him a tourist. Yes, he came on a tourist visa but he came with a specific purpose to preach on a prohibited island," Pathak said.

i know a friend who does that, and does very well. he can go about anywhere he wants to, start a church and slip out. of course he knows how to Evade the Authorities, this is not for the feint of heart.

and this kind of thing is not for your 'sunday morning christian', the Apostle Paul and the Early Church knew how to 'turn the world upside down with their doctrine'.

God speed to you Jude, keep striking blows with your two edged Sword for the Lord.

blessings.

Edit...wanna see some Real Lame...

Maybe the people there don’t like foreigners illegally crossing their border? He may have also indangered then with disease they have no immunity for:

As much as his desire can be appreciated, one doesn’t evangelize people by introducing a disease that could wipe them out.
    better let the Apostles Paul know that he was spreading disease. with an Attitude like that, well the Church would hardly have even started eh, Keck.

or maybe that is the Idea. hmmmm.
    Welcome to The Cutting Edge...
    "But none of the wicked shall understand [that the End of the Age is upon them]." [Daniel 12:10b]

Tit 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

2 Peter 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

Blog Entries

What about my brothers would you have them buried there as well?

Jude
    All murder is tragic, but you can’t blame it on the entire Catholic religion. That’s by definition bigotry.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Blog Entries

Primitive tribe kills Christian missionary

Sometimes you just have to know your audience I guess.
    Maybe the people there don’t like foreigners illegally crossing their border? He may have also indangered then with disease they have no immunity for:
    While visits to the island are heavily restricted, Mr Chau paid fishermen last week to take him near North Sentinel, using a kayak to paddle to shore and bringing gifts including a football and fish.

It was "a foolish adventure," said PC Joshi, an anthropology professor at Delhi University who has studied the islands.

"He invited that aggression."

Professor Joshi noted that the visit not only risked Mr Chau's life, but also the lives of islanders who have little resistance to many diseases.”

As much as his desire can be appreciated, one doesn’t evangelize people by introducing a disease that could wipe them out.

All murder is tragic, but you can’t blame it on the entire Catholic religion. That’s by definition bigotry.
    Catholic Canon Law Says Catholics Can Kill Protestants..

As most of us know, the Catholic religion plunged Europe into the dark ages and has terrorized and killed multitudes. According to their own canon law, anyone who will not submit to the Roman monster is called a heretic (I gladly fit into this Catholic category). According to their canon law, a heretic is to be purged by the following steps:

I. Excommunication. This sentence is to be pronounced not only on notorious heretics, and those suspected of heresy, but also on those who harbour, defend, or assist them, or who converse familiarly with them, or trade with them, or hold communion of any sort with them. So anybody who refused the Papists, or was suspected of it, or even talked to them, was excommunicated. This sounds like some Hitler or the Red Scare.

II. Proscription from all offices, ecclesiastical or civil,--from all public duties and private rights, So the folks in number one above no longer had any rights or jobs to support their families. It gets worse.

Jude
    If Jesus had preached the same message that ministers preach today, He would never have been crucified.

~ Leonard Ravenhill

More than 90% of the Mexican people worship the beast..
    You know, Martin Luther was right that the Catholic church had serious issues. Clearly it still does. Having said that, I do not think that Catholics are worshipping Satan or whoever. They are plainly Christian, even if their beliefs do not exactly coincide with yours, Jude. I don't understand this desire that some people have to condemn large numbers of people to eternal damnation, or whatever their imagination conjures up. This talk is very disturbing and never leads anywhere good.
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Quote Originally Posted by John777 View Post
    perhaps he did 'know his audience' and understood the Great Commission: go ye therefore .

The 27-year-old American, identified as John Allen Chau, came to India on a tourist visa but came to the Andaman and Nicobar islands in October with the express purpose of proselytizing, Dependra Pathak, director general of police of the Andaman and Nicobar islands, told CNN

"We refuse to call him a tourist. Yes, he came on a tourist visa but he came with a specific purpose to preach on a prohibited island," Pathak said.
    The island isn't off limits to protect the natives. It's off limits to protect anyone who would want to go. Those natives have attempted to kill any visitors. The guy who got killed wasn't brave, he was stupid.
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

You know, Martin Luther was right that the Catholic church had serious issues.
    Biblically speaking, indeed they do. Very serious.

Clearly it still does. Having said that, I do not think that Catholics are worshipping Satan or whoever.
    Keep in mind friend, that there are no neutral worldviews if this life. If one is not for Christ, then they are an antichrist, based upon the few actual verses ( 5 I think ) that describes an antichrist. Mind you, antichrists ( like my old self ) see the light everyday.

Praise God for bringing a wretched man as me to His Table.

They are plainly Christian, even if their beliefs do not exactly coincide with yours, Jude.
    This issue is debated. I grew up catholic. I have catholic friends. I have many childhood friends who are catholic. My family is still catholic. I’ve yet to date, run into anyone in the above groups who actually know the Gospel.

I don't understand this desire that some people have to condemn large numbers of people to eternal damnation, or whatever their imagination conjures up. This talk is very disturbing and never leads anywhere good.
    You know what disturbing Fenris? That more of us don’t stand up and speak and proclaim Absolute Truth

We are not condemning anyone to hell, we are doing fine on our. own. As I was.

If your brother was using a defective parachute and ready to jump off a cliff, should you say something?
    “A” cannot be “A” & not “A” at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post
    Keep in mind friend, that there are no neutral worldviews if this life. If one is not for Christ, then they are an antichrist, based upon the few actual verses ( 5 I think ) that describes an antichrist.
    I'm pretty sure that Catholics believe in Jesus too.

You know what disturbing Fenris? That more of us don’t stand up and speak and proclaim Absolute Truth
    Yeah that's exactly what the world needs. More people going around calling others unclean and condemning them to hell for all eternity.

We are not condemning anyone to hell, they are doing fine one there own. As I was.
    So no defective parachute, then?

If your brother was using a defective parachute and ready to jump off a cliff, should you say something?
    You know how you don't win converts? By acting like a jerk and telling people they're worshipping Baal.

Isaiah 54

The island isn't off limits to protect the natives. It's off limits to protect anyone who would want to go. Those natives have attempted to kill any visitors. The guy who got killed wasn't brave, he was stupid.
    we don't know that.

if God leads you to 'go into all the world'...........then go. you don't need anyone else's approval, Paul went and faced constant hard ship....we still talk about him to this day. Elliot went to the Jungles, got killed, in the End the tribe that murdered Elliot was converted.

win, win.

>>>They are plainly Christian, even if their beliefs do not exactly coincide with yours, Jude.

i look at them as apostate. they have a veneer of christianity over Pagan symbols and theology.

the pope clearly has even left the teachings of his own church. for him all roads go to heaven; christianity? no, i don't think so.

no Cigar tonight Fenris.

blessings.

Edit...

Matthew 7, the way is narrow that leads to Eternal Life, few there be that find it. reason enuf to say something, and keep on saying something.

so i do. doesn't matter if no one else is speaking up, this is not about following the crowd. we Follow Jesus....period.
    Welcome to The Cutting Edge...
    "But none of the wicked shall understand [that the End of the Age is upon them]." [Daniel 12:10b]

Tit 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

2 Peter 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

Blog Entries

Is risking ones life for those perishing stupid? I suppose it could be.

The 12 Jews who saw the light thought it was worth it.

But I agree, evangelism is a delicate job, especially these days. Smart is always best.

The entire world is our quarry Fenris. We shall not leave any stone unturned.

“Go therefore and make disciples...”

Quote Originally Posted by John777 View Post
    we don't know that.
    He's dead and didn't make one single Christian. That's not brave, it's dumb.

i look at them as apostate.
    That's great, and if you were God that might mean something. But you're not.

no Cigar tonight Fenris.
    I'm an ex smoker. No cigar, period.

doesn't matter if no one else is speaking up, this is not about following the crowd.
    "Not following the crowd?" Christianity is the world's largest religion.

Isaiah 54

The entire world is our quarry Fenris. We shall not leave any stone unturned.
    That's great. I'm going to recommend that you stay away from dangerous native types. They have sharp pointy sticks and don't hesitate to use them.

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure that Catholics believe in Jesus too.
    Sure they do. Some of them. I’ve yet met one who knows the Gospel. Jesus said many would call Him yet not know Him. I am positive that many RC’s around the world know Jesus, Sadly, many do not.

Yeah that's exactly what the world needs. More people going around calling others unclean and condemning them to hell for all eternity.
    Why do you so overly twist words? You speak like someone who has no understanding of the Gospel. You should know I am not saying this.

So no defective parachute, then?
    I guess not! Either by my own will, Drawn by God or a combo of each I do not know! All I know is one summer night when I was 17, I stood on the back porch of my parents house and looked to moon and said ( in essence ) “God, if your there, I would really like to know it” the rest is history.

You know how you don't win converts? By acting like a jerk and telling people they're worshipping Baal.
    Your a little to concrete in your thinking. I noticed this in Keck to. Try looking deeper. Jude gets it, however, I see much dispensationalism in Jude and John. Perhaps its not John and Jude but dispensationalism?

Thread Information