Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Christians in Mexico: “Leave this Town or Be Crucified”

Blog Entries

Re: Christians in Mexico: “Leave this Town or Be Crucified”

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    What happened to their ancestors for the past 2000 years? Were they expendable?
    No they were not expendable, we failed on many fronts.

Exactly my point. A structured, orderly, researched plan with proper resources and proper knowledge. This is exactly why Christians are not to forsake gatherings, and that extends to planning trips to far flung islands where the indigenous people have been separated for thousands of years from the rest of humanity. Missionaries who visit other cultures spend years of training on how to interact with them, their nuances, thought patterns, preconceptions, etc. Successful communication is more than just learning their language. Why do you think Paul was sent to the gentiles? Because he knew the culture, right?
    I agree. Great points.

And without all that - that is why lone wolfs are called “lone wolfs.” And why it usually winds up catastrophic.
    Indeed it can, but not necessarily always.
    “A” cannot be “A” & not “A” at the same time

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post
    No they were not expendable, we failed on many fronts.
    I wouldn’t say that....I mean did their ancestors’ salvation depend on Christians who didn’t even know they existed? What about those generations? What about the people in the Western Hemisphere? That was over 1000 years also. My default would be Romans 1 on that issue.

I think we tend to complicate the Bible with conjecture, but I understand the missionary effort. And I understand the passion, assuming the adventure aspect wasn’t the driving force....

Blog Entries

I wouldn’t say that....I mean did their ancestors’ salvation depend on Christians who didn’t even know they existed? What about those generations? What about the people in the Western Hemisphere? That was over 1000 years also. My default would be Romans 1 on that issue.
    I agree. Does not mean we stop trying tho. Only God knows who He will judge by the light given.

I think we tend to complicate the Bible with conjecture, but I understand the missionary effort. And I understand the passion, assuming the adventure aspect wasn’t the driving force....
    Also agree. But I would add the caveat of that most Missionaries are not driven by just the adventure of it but rather by the promotion and spread of the Gospel. Most of the world is lost. Some one must tell them, no?

Blog Entries

*too

You have no idea how I think or how I process information. Back off with your posturing please.
    Not posturing, just an observation; but if it came off as rude, I apologise Keck. Not my intention.

Well, perhaps from a human stand point. He may end up affecting a huge amount of people and so on.
    How? He's dead. I doubt he got a chance to preach the gospel to anyone, and even if he did, they speak their own language and didn't understand a word he said.
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

I guess the best way to explain it would be like talking to a person from a different faith.
    Right. So they actually might be pretty close to what you believe. And yet they're also worshipping Baal? I don't think so.

Again, details hide in abstract at times.
    I don't see any hidden details in
    "Catholics are worshipping Baal".

I am not convinced that this is a motive of Jude.
    He said
    Saying something untrue about someone is not a good quality to have.
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Christians in Mexico: “Leave this Town or Be Crucified”

“Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.” – 2 Timothy 3:12

There are just a few media outlet that are covering the brutal persecution of Christians in Mexico. Earlier this month, approximately 70 Evangelical Christians in the village of in the village of San Rafael Tlanalapan, Puebla were expelled from their homes by local authorities after traditionalist Catholics told them that if they remained in their homes past September 12th they would be “crucified or lynched.”

Witnesses earlier said they saw several evangelicals, including a pastor, arriving with suitcases to quickly pick up their belongings. Traditional Catholics told them they would be “crucified or lynched” if they dared to stay after the September 12 ultimatum, locals and reporters said.

The mayor did not stop the expulsions amid fears he could be expelled himself by Catholics, Mexican media reported.

Catholic Irma Diaz Perez told local television he was pleased as “They will never return, because we have drawn up a document wherein they have no permission to come back now or ever.”

https://beginningandend.com/christia...own-crucified/

Jude
    If Jesus had preached the same message that ministers preach today, He would never have been crucified.

~ Leonard Ravenhill

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    Right. So they actually might be pretty close to what you believe. And yet they're also worshipping Baal? I don't think so.

I don't see any hidden details in

He said
    Which begs the question..who do you worship Fenris?

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Jude
    If Jesus had preached the same message that ministers preach today, He would never have been crucified.

~ Leonard Ravenhill

Blog Entries

I agree. Does not mean we stop trying tho. Only God knows who He will judge by the light given.

Also agree. But I would add the caveat of that most Missionaries are not driven by just the adventure of it but rather by the promotion and spread of the Gospel. Most of the world is lost. Some one must tell them, no?
    Indeed. Romans 10:17. I still defer to organized and proper resourced methods when it comes to culturally diverse people groups. The Gospel doesn’t need to westernize anyone, but also we need to understand their culture enough so that Elohim isn’t just another god on their appeasement list. That’s complicated and it requires a lot of work and discipleship while allowing those people groups to maintain their identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jude View Post
    Which begs the question..who do you worship Fenris?
    Baal. Obviously. We're holding services tonight. Wanna come?

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

Is the Pope MC’ing it?

Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

We're holding services tonight. Wanna come?
    Shabbat Shalom my friend.

Is the Pope MC’ing it?

for real Keck?

so now Baal is..........funny?

somebody wanna take this, Jude.....anyone?

if no one is man enuf for the job, then i will.........it wont be so 'Funny' when i am done.

Edit, i sent a PM out for a cleanup in Isle 666, the Crew should be here to do some Forum Cleanup.

ticks me off cause i go out to work and i expect you all to baby sit this thing. come back and everyone sleeping at the stick?

hello, anyone home?

take it Jude, i have had Enuf.
    Welcome to The Cutting Edge...
    "But none of the wicked shall understand [that the End of the Age is upon them]." [Daniel 12:10b]

Tit 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

2 Peter 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

Blog Entries

Ummm...Elijah wants to show you something. I think he mentioned something about fire?
    Day by day
    Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    Ummm...Elijah wants to show you something. I think he mentioned something about fire?
    amen Brian.

and i kinda like how Elijah cleaned house, when he was done, well most of his opposition were well 'Skooled in how things need to be'.

Welcome to The Cutting Edge...
    "But none of the wicked shall understand [that the End of the Age is upon them]." [Daniel 12:10b]

Tit 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

2 Peter 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

Thread Information