Thread: Part 1 What is spirit?

Part 1 What is spirit?

I am going to go blank slate on what is spiritual (according to the Bible) and what is spirit (according to the Bible). I see a lot of Hollywood or Pagen ideas influencing Hollywood. Hollywood can effect people’s intuition and by that effect interpretation of what we conclude about the things around us.

For example I have seen preachers intuitively go off of the idea of a parrel invisible universe as where spirits are. Does the Bible even support this?

This part is about searching for things that can be made into catagories of what the Bible says spiritual things are. And seeing spiritual even means in a biblical sense. Part 2 will be a extension of part 1 or be starting discussion on the first category.

I will compile the comments and ditch out any ideas that are not based in scripture. If you just give opinion and do not back it up with scripture it won’t be in further parts. Also if there is someone who would want to help with this by looking over compilations just to get a objective basis so compilations aren’t at all effected by subjective interpretations, pm me.

edit: 2 of the comments are important good to read them they are relevant to the next parts
    Last edited by Myname; Nov 24th 2018 at 05:15 AM.

Re: Part 1 What is spirit?

Please if your going to make a comment take your time. The set of discussions are supposed to be going to the smallest of details and analyze everything.

What does spiritual mean in a biblical sense and what does it mean if something is spiritual?

That is a start and I will start searching the Bible myself hoping for others to join in.

if you're going to go there then start here

Gen 1:2* And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.*

Joh 4:24* God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.*

to understand "spirit" or what a spirit is go to the source of all spirits, note also that the Holy Spirit is also called the Holy Ghost.

and here is a description of a revelation thereof:

xo 24:8* And Moses took the blood, and sprinkled it on the people, and said, Behold the blood of the covenant, which the LORD hath made with you concerning all these words.*
    Exo 24:9* Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel:*
    Exo 24:10* And they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness.*
    Exo 24:11* And upon the nobles of the children of Israel he laid not his hand: also they saw God, and did eat and drink.*
    Let there be Light

This comment will collect questions to be discussed in further parts and collect categories for further parts.

So far (I will continually update this comment until part 2).

Things for discussion in further parts--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is a spirit?

Where are spirits in relation to what we see around us?

What is the spirit made of (yes I have found scriptures on this)?

What is the mind/consciousness in relation to a spirit?

Is the spirit a object or thing that exist having spatial properties?

Is the spirit, mind and body connected and if so how? I understand its a very basic question but I did say I would go blank slate for this.

Categories-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    One quick thing is categories must be derived from a scripture. Also if you want to comment a category that is a sub category please specify what category it comes from. The sub categories are exempt from needing scripture to be allowed into compilation (because they come from one already having scripture) .

God's spirit (topic derived from John 4:24 credit for finding it goes to DPMartin)

Man's spirit (topic derived from (genesis 1:27 and John 4:24) imply --> (Man has a spirit), there are probably other scriptures that can also be used in the implication)

Mind and Brain (topic derived from the distinction of the mind and the brain from Romans 8:27. Romans 8:27 mentions mind of the spirit and with definition of 'of' it would say mind in relation to the spirit, it even says "mind of the spirit" directly translated from the original greek text)

Mind and the Brain in relation to the body and spirit (this is a sub category of Man's spirit and Mind and Brain).

In depth on what the spirit is (sub category derived from God’s and man’s spirit, inspired by question 1)

Thread Information