Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Explaining the 1335, 1290 and 1260 of Daniel chapter 12

Re: Explaining the 1335, 1290 and 1260 of Daniel chapter 12

Quote Originally Posted by divaD View Post
    If he is wrong that indicates the Holy Spirit is wrong as well, since he claims that the Holy Spirit is the one enlightening him about some of these things.
    Do you not ever hear the Holy Spirit ? This is really just kinda weird that I am getting Christians who seemingly don't understand the Holy Spirit, and even question it with a kinda befuddlement when it is spoken of. I think some here think the Holy Spirit is something not in existence anymore. All Christians should immediately understand if something is of the Holy Spirit or not, because he "supposedly" lives in us all.

Or ... it could mean that he was wrong in that the Holy Spirit spoke to him. He would not be the first. I have, many a time, in my 40 years as a Christian, sought the leading of the Holy Spirit, thought that I had it, but turned out to be wrong. My wife should know me after 40 years of marriage, and yet sometimes she does the opposite of what I actually wanted. In any dynamic relationship there is a chance to make a mistake. I'll claim to be the leader in mistakes - until some gracious brother claims he is.
    Me too, long ago, but over time we learn how to distinguish the voices. Now I understand my understandings vs. the Holy Spirit's guidance. When I wrote a blog about Babylon for example in which I spent like 6-8 months developing it, I was 100 percent sure that Rome was THAT CITY and thus what Babylon was referencing, and I had just posted my Blog when a couple of days later the Holy Spirit was like, Ron, you're wrong, it isn't a CITY, NATION, NYC, Babylon proper, the RCC, Islam etc. etc. etc. Then I was shown exactly what it was, I think God does this to teach us to swallow our pride, people who can't swallow their pride often don't hear that silent whisper of the Holy Spirit.

So I know the difference brother. The point is if I say its of the Spirit I ain't just making it up. Gotta run to the store for the Wifey... All this Thanksgiving food and she wants potato chips.

Quote Originally Posted by Trivalee View Post
    1. Dan 11 and 12 speak of different timescales. While the former is fulfilled, the latter is still end times. Therefore, the assertion that Dan 12:1 is saying when the events in Dan 11:29 are happening, so this will happen, couldn't have been more false.

2. The 1150 days of Dan 8 has no relevance with the listed days in Dan 12 because the 1150 days was fulfilled under Antiochus 4.

3. If you fit Dan 12:11-13 in A4E's time, what is the unprecedented trouble cited in v-1 and when did Michael stand up for Daniel's people?

4. When did those that sleep in the dust of the earth rise up in verses 2-3?
    Dan. 11:36-45 has not been fulfilled.

The 1150 is an end time event, Antiochus defiled the Temple for 3 years and 10 days.

So its a mixed bag from what I see, you have 3 and 4 pretty spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Revelation Man View Post

Dan. 12:11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the ABOMINATION that maketh DESOLATE SET UP, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days........(1290 DAYS) 12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days. (1335 DAYS)

Now as I pointed out above, the Holy Spirit showed me the 1290, which is, as we see above the Abomination of Desolation (AoD), and this has to be set up BEFORE the 1260 Event which is when Jerusalem is Conquered (power of the holy peoples scattered) by the Anti-Christ and thus Israel Flees Judea and thus are protected for 1260 days in the Wilderness in Rev. ch. 12 (Petra). The Holy spirit was like, how can Israel "SCATTER" or be conquered at the 1260 if the AoD is set up at the 1290 ?

How can the AoD be set up if Israel/Jerusalem are Conquered 30 days before? That is when it hit me like a ton of bricks. In verse 8 the question was just like the question for verses 6 and 7, WHEN SHALL THE END OF THESE THINGS BE, so Jesus answers with the same answer as he did in verses 6 and 7 when he told Daniel it will be 1260 days until ALL OF THESE WONDERS END (Second Coming). Thus EACH NUMBER is a set number of days until the Second Coming, thus everything is REVERSED from how people are thinking, and God wanted it that way, because he SEALED it up until the end, thus the hard riddle. But revelation unto us makes it known in God's own time, in these end times, Amen.

So, the 1290 has to be referencing a 1290 day period until the Second Coming, and thus 30 days before the 1260, so the AoD happens 30 days before the Anti-Christ conquers Jerusalem, but does that FIT ? I always test the spirits and facts, does it fit ? Yes, it surely does brothers and sisters.
    Dan 12:11
    11 And from
    the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.
    KJV

"And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away..."
    , means exactly when... the sacrifices are ended and the AOD setup in the temple. There is no hidden meaning there. It does not... mean 30 days prior to the start of the latter 1260 days of the Daniel 9:27 symbolic "one week".

If the sacrifices are ended and the AOD setup at any OTHER time period than right in the middle of the Dan.9:27 "one week", then you would have Dan.12:11 contradicting Dan.9:27, and that's what you have done, and even claimed that The Holy Spirit gave it for you to do. What you are listening to is another spirit, most likely your own.

Per the Dan.9:27, Dan.11:31, and even the Dan.12:11 Scriptures, the time when the daily sacrifice is ended and the abomination of desolation is setup, is the time of the middle of Daniel's symbolic "one week". This places the 1290 day period 30 days after Christ's return, and then the 1335 days places the time another 45 days after that.

Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post
    From this statement we KNOW 100% you are WRONG.
    If we ignore what is stated then we can come up with all sorts of formulas, yet we will NEVER arrive at what is stated:

Dan 12:11* And from the time that the regular burnt offering is taken away and the abomination that makes desolate is set up, there shall be 1,290 days.*
    Dan 12:12* Blessed is he who waits and arrives at the 1,335 days.

What you propose is THREE different starting times to count the 1260, 1290 and the 1335.
    However though I can get why you separate out the 1260 days from the 1290 and the 1335 days, the simple FACT is that BOTH the 1290 AND the 1335 days START from the AoD.

Further you have Jerusalem conquered 30 days AFTER the AoD is setup. However in order for the AoD to be setup the beast has to conquer Jerusalem and defeat the 2W.

What you did was go through Dan 11 and make the connections which would lead you to A4E who set up the AoD, and then you IGNORE what is stated here:
    Dan 12:1* “At that time shall arise Michael, the great prince who has charge of your people. And there shall be a time of trouble, such as never has been since there was a nation till that time. But at that time your people shall be delivered, everyone whose name shall be found written in the book.

Dan 12:1 is saying when the events in Dan 11:29 are happening, so this will happen.

All of this happened in 165 BC and 164 BC.
    This is because the vision of Dan 11 is all about the Greek control over Israel.

You also err in one of the verses you quote:
    Dan 12:7* And I heard the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the stream; he raised his right hand and his left hand toward heaven and swore by him who lives forever that it would be for a time, times, and half a time, and that when the shattering of the power of the holy people comes to an end all these things would be finished. (ESV)

This is NOT speaking about Jerusalem being conquered.*It is actually speaking about when Jerusalem will be delivered.
    The conquering happens BEFORE the AoD is set up. The deliverance is counted from it.
    It is ended 1335 days AFTER the AoD was set up as Dan 12:11 states.

We actually have the 1150 days in this from Dan 8.
    So the time line is:
    15 Kislev 168 BC AoD set up (1 Maccabees 1:54)
    25 Kislev 165 BC 1150 days later it is re-sanctified (1 Maccabees 4:52) - there were Adar 1 and Adar II in 165 BC
    Curiously enough 25 Kislev is Christmas Eve 165 BC.

140 days later is then the 1290 day. This is 17 Iyar or in the Roman Calendar 13th May 164 BC. This is the summer of campaigns whihc led to victory without loss:
    1Ma 5:54* So they went up to mount Sion with joy and gladness, where they offered burnt offerings, because not one of them were slain until they had returned in peace.

Another 45 days later is 2 Tammuz or 26th July 164 BC.
    1Ma 6:5* Moreover there came one who brought him tidings into Persia, that the armies, which went against the land of Judea, were put to flight:*
    1Ma 6:6* And that Lysias, who went forth first with a great power was driven away of the Jews; and that they were made strong by the armour, and power, and store of spoils, which they had gotten of the armies, whom they had destroyed:*
    1Ma 6:7* Also that they had pulled down the abomination, which he had set up upon the altar in Jerusalem, and that they had compassed about the sanctuary with high walls, as before, and his city Bethsura.*
    1Ma 6:8* Now when the king heard these words, he was astonished and sore moved: whereupon he laid him down upon his bed, and fell sick for grief, because it had not befallen him as he looked for.*

1Ma 6:16* So king Antiochus died there in the hundred forty and ninth year.

We don't have an exact date for either the victory over Lysias or the death of A4E, but they do fit to the time-fram of 1290 days and 1335 days.
    So I have a small speculation which is that the 1290 days is when the victory over Lysias is achieved and 45 days later is when A4E hears the news and subsequently dies. The year fits, it is only the EXACT date that cannot be proven.
    All you have to do is look at post #4, there is no scripture that says burnt offering, or even sacrifice it says in the original Hebrew text, that THE DAILY will be taken away. Well Daniel prayed every day, and in Dan. 9:21 it was called the "Evening Oblation", so a Tribute or PRAYER can also be called a DAILY !! Seeing as how scriptures tell us Elijah is sent to turn Israel back to God before the Day of the Lord comes (Malachi 4:5-6) why would one even assume that the Jews who repented would be sacrificing profanley on an altar instead of offering a DAILY OBLATION like Daniel did in Dan. 9:21 when Gabriel came unto him ?

Dan. 9:21 Yea, whiles I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, touched me about the time of the evening oblation.

What I am saying is exactly what Jesus explains. these WONDERS (TROUBLES) will end 1260 days after the Holy people are scattered or WHEN THE TROUBLES START !! He swears it with both hands raised to the heavens. Thus everything else he explains is contingent upon being relative to when these wonders (troubles) will end, and we know they end when Jesus returns, not 30 days later or 75 days later. The reference point is WHEN WILL THESE WONDERS/TROUBLES END.........The holy people are scattered or conquered and then 1260 days later the wonders will end.

Then we get Jesus giving Daniel more info, about two other events, none of them can possibly run past WHEN THE WONDERS (TROUBLES) END !! Or when Jesus returns, its just not possible, the troubles ending is the reference point. The 1290 is thus 1290 days until the TROUBLES/WONDERS end. The 1335 is likewise a set number of days until the troubles end via Jesus' return. So it's just a factual statement as per what the scriptures say.

The Beast doesn't have to Conquer anything for the High Priest of Israel (False Prophet) to set up an image in the temple of God, see Rev. 13, who sets up the image ? The False Prophet places the image and demands all to worship it, not the Beast.

Rev. 13:14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

I have an exegesis on Daniel 11 and 12. Daniel 12 has nothIng to do with Antiochus, he is dead by Daniel 11:33 at the latest.

Antiochus defiled the temple for 3 years and 10 days, so this can't be him nor can Daniel chapter 8.

Quote Originally Posted by DavePeace View Post
    Dan 12:11
    11 And from
    the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.
    KJV

"And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away..."
    , means exactly when... the sacrifices are ended and the AOD setup in the temple. There is no hidden meaning there. It does not... mean 30 days prior to the start of the latter 1260 days of the Daniel 9:27 symbolic "one week".

If the sacrifices are ended and the AOD setup at any OTHER time period than right in the middle of the Dan.9:27 "one week", then you would have Dan.12:11 contradicting Dan.9:27, and that's what you have done, and even claimed that The Holy Spirit gave it for you to do. What you are listening to is another spirit, most likely your own.

Per the Dan.9:27, Dan.11:31, and even the Dan.12:11 Scriptures, the time when the daily sacrifice is ended and the abomination of desolation is setup, is the time of the middle of Daniel's symbolic "one week". This places the 1290 day period 30 days after Christ's return, and then the 1335 days places the time another 45 days after that.
    Try as some might the word SACRIFICE is not in the Hebrew text. It says the DAILY is taken away, you are taking it on yourself as did the English translators to say it's an actual animal sacrifice. What if Gabriel told Daniel THE DAILY is taken away and it's the Worshiping or tribute to Jesus "THE REAL SACRIFICE" that is taken away, thus Gabriel never tells Daniel Sacrifice, he calls it simply THE DAILY !! Which is what he Hebrew Text actually says.

It has to be 30 days prior to the 1260 event. It's called the 1290 for a reason. Why is the 1260 in the Middle of the week but the 1290 is at the end ? ITS NOT !! The 1290 is 30 days before or 30 days after the 1260, and it can not be 30 days after for sure. The whole point of emphasis of this chapter seems to be lost, its the scattering of the holy people and how long the troubles or wonder's last, and they last 1260 days until Jesus returns to end these wonders/troubles.Of course it's hard to understand, God wanted it that way until in the end times He decided to reveal a secret truth, so why are we surprised no one understands it.....

The 1290 is the middle of the week, not the exact center, but the verse says midst. Nothing being spoken of happens after Christ's return, his RETURN is what ENDS these wonders in all three instances.

Do you not ever hear the Holy Spirit ? This is really just kinda weird that I am getting Christians who seemingly don;t understand the Holy Spirit, and ven question it with a kinda befuddlement when it is spoken of. I think some here think the Holy Spirit is something not in existence anymore. All Christians should immediately understand if something is of the Holy Spirit or not, because he supposedly lives in us all.

The point is this. I'll use the following examples. A Premil and an Amil discussing the thousand years. Both are claiming they have been enlightened by the Holy Spirit, and that both boldly claim they each understand the difference between the voice of the Holy Spirit and their own understandings. Seriously, you don't see something wrong with this picture? Since both can't be correct, and assuming one of them is correct, that means someone is lying here, and it's not the Holy Spirit being the one that is lying. The Holy Spirit is not claiming He has enlightened anyone, it is the Premil and Amil who are claiming that in this example.

Your thesis is inherently wrong via your own statements. We were not explained anything via Daniel chapter 12, Jesus told Daniel it would be locked up until the end of times when knowledge would increase (NOW/END TIMES) so it couldn't have been revealed in the scriptures when written, so says Jesus and Gabriel. You used "one sentence" I guess, but you have explained nothing as per reality as far as I can see, you say the Jews embrace the Beast but scriptures nowhere states this, I even listen to videos by Hebrew Rabbinic Professors to get a better gist of their understandings, and they never say the Jews accept this "Assyrian" of Isaiah chapter 10, and Little Horn in various other places. Or what we see as the Anti-Christ.

Then you say the 1290 means we go into the millenium past the time of Jesus' return, but that concept is utterly made irrelevant when one understands what the whole 1260 is speaking about, as per the very description given unto us, when the Angel asks Jesus when will these wonders end what is he asking about? Well see in the first 4 verses, it is all about the troubles of Jacob and when they will end. Thus Daniel is told via a promise by a swearing Jesus that these things will end in 1260 days, and thus the righteous will be rewarded and the wicked will still be doing wickedness when these wonders (troubles) end. The righteous will be raised up and Daniel will stand in his lot. Likewise each number correlated with when will these WONDERS (troubles end) and Jesus gives them two more dates/events. The 1290 and the 1335. It wasn't meant to be understood until now. That is what Jesus stated. God can give riddles we can't understand then reveal them when He wants to, He is God after all.

You ever read commentary before ? It is long for a reason, God never gives us scriptures alone, He always ties them to other scriptures. Which is what I did, which shows that the understanding is of the Holy Spirit. I could have just told you what it meant, someone asked me privately to explain it in detail, so I did. That is why it was long. The bible is long, it's a god thing, it could have jesus said Jesus is God accept me, bu we needed detail, of course.

There are a lot of things people on here don't see. If you don't understand the difference between the voice of the Holy Spirit and our own understandings, then I don't even get that, not so much what you stated here, but others below seem to aghast that people here from the Holy Spirit, I find that astounding that they never hear from the Holy Spirit or don't understand that aspect of Christianity. As a Christian preacher of 30 years, you can do as you please, but you not understanding or believing what the Holy Spirit has shown me in no wise changes anything does it ? My teaching from the Holy Spirit is not based on what you believe or don't believe !! That's a fact.

You mean the word in which I see such disagreement and dissension over daily in Christendom ? Proving the Holy Spirit isn't being used very well, since He was given unto us to lead us unto all truth. But when someone who understands the difference between the Holy Spirit and a personal view......we get snickers in the air and people aghast. LOL.

Who is WE ? And my understandingS are not contingent upon MEN'S THINKING !! I will let you and others worry about what men think, I don't care one whit what men think, Jesus told us not to be pleasers of MEN but rather to be pleasers of God the Father.

I used scriptures, you just seemingly can't understand them as I do, but then again it was revealed by the Holy Spirit unto me, but others should see the doings of the Holy Spirit when it comes to them, there are many I see call Benny Hinn of the devil, I just laugh, when one can't see the Holy Spirit's work something is wrong somewhere. On this forum about half can't even see the pre-tribulaton rapture. But both sides use THE WORD of God to defend their positions don't they ?

I don't have a personal confirmation, no matter what you say, as a preacher of over 30 years I understand the voice of the Spirit. Nothing of God is ever moot. The difference between me and many others who try to do this is I was actually called specifically by God to prophesy, and was even told in a vision that "The Man of Sin is here" in 1986. Too many legs are trying to be arms etc.etc. My understandings don't worry about men's acceptance, that is not what God's called should ever focus on, we should preach the Gospel and teach as taught by God.

I will be sure to start coming on this site much more now, I am semi retiring at the end of this year,(preachers never fully retire of course) mid Dec really.
    Your opinion that my theory is wrong is accepted. I made it very clear that I could not prove it by using other scripture. To this you agree. The prophecy is to be locked up, and the prophecy is for "Daniel's People". So we both are under the same restriction. You have now claimed special revelation from the Holy Spirit. If you are correct, what profit is their for the rest of mankind? The Holy Spirit has not shown them. But what still remains is the fact that you cannot prove the meanings of these periods of days FROM SCRIPTURE. And SCRIPTURE is what the rest of mankind have as their resource to test you.

I claimed that I was speculating. You claimed special revelation OUTSIDE the Bible. NEITHER can satisfy the Bible STUDENT. When Joseph was told to take infant Jesus and flee, it was special revelation. What did it help all the other under 2-year-olds in the area of Bethlehem? The special revelation was for Joseph alone. He did not go out into the streets and try to save the infants of Bethlehem. But if the Jews had studied Jeremiah carefully and prayerfully, maybe some children could have been saved. So you might have this special revelation, but until you show us scripture by scripture we cannot agree.

May it go well for your (semi) retirement.

Blog Entries

All you have to do is look at post #4, there is no scripture that says burnt offering, or even sacrifice it says in the original Hebrew text, that THE DAILY will be taken away. Wel Daniel prayed everyday, and in Dan. 9:21 it was called the "Evening Oblation", so a Tribute or PRAYER can also be called a DAILY !! Seeing as how scriptures tell us Elijah is sent to turn Israel back to God before the Day of the Lord comes (Malachi 4:5-6) why would one even assume that the Jews who repented would be sacrificing profanley on an alter instead of offering a DAILY OBLATION like Daniel did in Dan. 9:21 when Gabriel came unto him ?

Dan. 9:21 Yea, whiles I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, touched me about the time of the evening oblation.
    Sorry but this is IRRELEVANT to what is stated.
    Further WHY does Daniel pray when he did? Did he take a time at random? No he prayed when the daily sacrifice was to be made.

What I am saying is exactly what Jesus explains. these WONDERS (TROUBLES) will end 1260 days after the Holy people are scattered or WHEN THE TROUBLES START !! He swears it with both hands raised to the heavens. Thus everything else he explains is contingent upon being relative to when these wonders (troubles) will end, and we know they end when Jesus returns, not 30 days later or 75 days later. The reference point is WHEN WILL THESE WONDERS/TROUBLES END.........The holy people are scattered or cnquered and then 1260 days later the wonders will end.
    You rely on the KJV and yet then start going on about the Greek.
    Yet it states when the breaking of power is at an end so this will end.
    However in Dan 12:11 it is NOT referring to Daniel's time of praying but what was stated in Dan 11:31
    Dan 11:31* And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate. (KJV)
    Notice it is the SAME "daily".

The 1290 days AND the 1335 days START from when the "daily" is stopped.
    Also NO mention of 1260 days, that is you bringing things in from another passage.

Then we get Jesus giving Daniel more info, about two other events, none of them can possibly run past WHEN THE WONDERS (TROUBLES) END !! Or when Jesus returns, its just not possible, the troubles ending is the reference point. The 1290 is tus 1290 days until the TROUBLES/WONDERS end. The 1335 is likewise a set number of days until the troubles end via Jesus' return. So it's just a factual statement as per what the scriptures say.
    You have clearly stated WHY putting this into the future is not possible. However it is NOT possible to put the timings BEFORE the daily is taken away, so you have shown it is NOT future but past.

The Beast doesn't have to Conquer anything for the High Priest of Israel (False Prophet) to set up an image in the temple of God, see Rev. 13, who sets up the image ? The False Prophet places the image and demands all to worship it, not the Beast.

Rev. 13:14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
    How will he put the image in the Holy Place if he has no access to it and has not conquered it? The picture of an AoD is with force such a thing is done.

I have an exegesis on Daniel 11 and 12. Daniel 12 has nothing to do with Antiochus, he is dead by Daniel 11:33 at the latest.
    And? Dan 11:29 is speaking of the appointed time of the end. It is about A4E.
    Dan 11:33 - 35 is about the Jews at the time of A4E.
    Dan 11:36 - 45 gives more details about A4E and Dan 12:1 goes back to the Jews and how they should live with eternity in view.
    Finally there is an end and a blessing.

Antiochus defiled the temple for 3 years and 10 days, so this cant be him nor can Daniel chapter 8.
    Why can't it?
    OK
    365 X 3 = 1095 + 10 days = 1105 days.
    15 Kislev 168 BC to 25 Kislev 165 BC is 1105 days IF we use the above calculation from the Roman calendar.
    However in 165 BC there were TWO Adars (a leap month was added)
    Now this is 1104 days.
    Yet are we meant to count from 15 Kislev?
    Dan 8:11 It became great, even as great as the Prince of the host. And the regular burnt offering was taken away from him, and the place of his sanctuary was overthrown.
    Dan 8:12 And a host will be given over to it together with the regular burnt offering because of transgression, and it will throw truth to the ground, and it will act and prosper.
    Dan 8:13 Then I heard a holy one speaking, and another holy one said to the one who spoke, “For how long is the vision concerning the regular burnt offering, the transgression that makes desolate, and the giving over of the sanctuary and host to be trampled underfoot?”
    Dan 8:14 And he said to me, “For 2,300 evenings and mornings. Then the sanctuary shall be restored to its rightful state.”

Notice the start point is when the sacrifices are stopped.
    15 Kislev is when a sacrifice is made to the idol on the altar:
    1Ma 1:54 Now the fifteenth day of the month Casleu, in the hundred forty and fifth year, they set up the abomination of desolation upon the altar, and builded idol altars throughout the cities of Juda on every side;

1Ma 1:59 Now the five and twentieth day of the month they did sacrifice upon the idol altar, which was upon the altar of God.

1Ma 1:64 And there was very great wrath upon Israel.

2Ma 10:5 Now upon the same day that the strangers profaned the temple, on the very same day it was cleansed again, even the five and twentieth day of the same month, which is Casleu.

So IF we start the count from the day the Abomination occurs on the 25th Kislev, then we find a difference of 55 days.
    If we go from when the AoD is set up we have 45 days difference.
    However do we have the date when the sacrifice was stopped?
    No we don't. All we know is that it occurred before th 15th Kislev.

Josephus however states this:
    He also spoiled the temple, and put a stop to the constant practice of offering a daily sacrifice of expiation for three years and six months.

This desolation happened to the temple in the hundred forty and fifth year, on the twenty-fifth day of the month Apeliens, and on the hundred fifty and third olympiad: but it was dedicated anew, on the same day, the twenty-fifth of the month Apeliens, on the hundred and forty-eighth year, and on the hundred and fifty-fourth olympiad. And this desolation came to pass according to the prophecy of Daniel, which was given four hundred and eight years before; for he declared that the Macedonians would dissolve that worship

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trivalee View Post
    1. Dan 11 and 12 speak of different timescales. While the former is fulfilled, the latter is still end times. Therefore, the assertion that Dan 12:1 is saying when the events in Dan 11:29 are happening, so this will happen, couldn't have been more false.
    Nope they speak of the SAME timescale as stated here:
    Dan 12:1* And at that time shall Michael stand up,

2. The 1150 days of Dan 8 has no relevance with the listed days in Dan 12 because the 1150 days was fulfilled under Antiochus 4.
    So are the 1290 and 1335 days. It is all about from the time the sacrifices were stopped. This period is conencted therefore to Dan 11:29 & 31.

3. If you fit Dan 12:11-13 in A4E's time, what is the unprecedented trouble cited in v-1 and when did Michael stand up for Daniel's people?
    This is the period from 168 BC when A4E came and took Jerusalem by force and enslaved people and set up the Abomination and forced people to change their worship.
    This lasted through until the victory over A4E's forces and the death of A4E when that policy was no longer enforced.

4. When did those that sleep in the dust of the earth rise up in verses 2-3?
    That will happen in the future. This statement is about what happens DEPENDING upon how you ive DURING the time of trouble.
    This is the SAME message we have in Revelation as to how we live DURING the GT.

Quote Originally Posted by Walls View Post
    ... I'll claim to be the leader in mistakes - until some gracious brother claims he is.
    I'll flip you for it.
    "He's wild, you know. Not like a tame lion."
    C.S. Lewis, "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe."

"Oh, but sometimes the sun stays hidden for years"
    "Sometimes the sky rains night after night, When will it clear?"

"But our Hope endures the worst of conditions"
    "It's more than our optimism, Let the earth quake"
    "Our Hope is unchanged"
    "Our Hope Endures" Natalie Grant

Quote Originally Posted by divaD View Post
    The point is this. I'll use the following examples. A Premil and an Amil discussing the thousand years. Both are claiming they have been enlightened by the Holy Spirit, and that both boldly claim they each understand the difference between the voice of the Holy Spirit and their own understandings. Seriously, you don't see something wrong with this picture? Since both can't be correct, and assuming one of them is correct, that means someone is lying here, and it's not the Holy Spirit being the one that is lying. The Holy Spirit is not claiming He has enlightened anyone, it is the Premil and Amil who are claiming that in this example.
    And if YOU/ME/OTHERS can't tell the difference in the 2 you named that falls on the holy spirit guidance in one's own self. We understand Satan still spread lies and deceives people. He even deceives Christians no doubt. I could care less about what people say per se. I see all the time people who are DECEIVED by the liar or are of Satan and sow lies on purpose, I don't have to speak it to know it. Ones fruit shows who one is. When we are speaking eschatology and there is 100 beliefs on something like the 1260, 1290 and 1335, I unlike many, do not enter in with preconceived understandings and so while I study and converse a subject I try not to come to a belief on something if its an obvious mystery that God has not revealed as of yet. I think this helps me when God decides to reveal things I have an open mind to God.

The argument you just made really is just baseless, in that case no one would ever be able to understand anything because Satan is always going to try to infiltrate the Church with lies. That is the Holy Spirits job, one should be able to understand the truth as soon as he hears it, the SPIRIT in ne should grain approval. It's not something that is easily explained, but I can listen to a preacher for 5 or 10 minutes an tell if he is of God or of the world.

What I see as wrong is people not being able to get that TUG from the Spirit when they hear something of the Spirit. In your world, we would be in a constant state of confusion because Satan is never going to quit lying, in my world the Holy Spirit testifies of the spirit.

Romans 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

You nor I have ZERO CLUE what the Holy Spirit tells others. But we should know if it's of the Spirit. I can't explain it, but when I hear it, I know who its of. Now there are times in eschatology I might have to step back and study something someone is putting forth in a more in depth way, but we have KEYS/GUIDES to go by even then. Has this persons knowledge of God and teachings heretofore been OF THE SPIRIT ? And if so have you ever been also misled by this person. Nothing happens in a vacuum !!

Placing it in such simple terms as you did means Satan will always win because if he's in the game he's won......BUT NO..,..We have the Holy Spirit that leads us unto all truth, we just have to learn to hear his voice, Paul told us we have to learn how to hear his voice. In matters such as eschatology, we should inquire deepe of its important unto us o say nothing if we aren't willing to invest the time it takes, unless it obvious its not of God.

Blog Entries

And if YOU/ME/OTHERS can't tell the difference in the 2 you named that falls on the holy spirit guidance in one's own self. We understand Satan still spread lies and deceives people. He even deceives Christians no doubt. I could care less about what people say per se. I see all the time people who are DECEIVED by the liar or are of Satan and sow lies on purpose, I don't have to speak it to know it. Ones fruit shows who one is. When we are speaking eschatology and there is 100 beliefs on something like the 1260, 1290 and 1335, I unlike many, do not enter in with preconceived understandings and so while I study and converse a subject I try not to come to a belief on something if its an obvious mystery that God has not revealed as of yet. I think this helps me when God decides to reveal things I have an open mind to God.

The argument you just made really is just baseless, in that case no one would ever be able to understand anything because Satan is always going to try to infiltrate the Church with lies. That is the Holy Spirits job, one should be able to understand the truth as soon as he hears it, the SPIRIT in ne should grain approval. It's not something that is easily explained, but I can listen to a preacher for 5 or 10 minutes an tell if he is of God or of the world.

What I see as wrong is people not being able to get that TUG from the Spirit when they hear something of the Spirit. In your world, we would be in a constant state of confusion because Satan is never going to quit lying, in my world the Holy Spirit testifies of the spirit.

Romans 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

You nor I have ZERO CLUE what the Holy Spirit tells others. But we should know if it's of the Spirit. I can't explain it, but when I hear it, I know who its of. Now there are times in eschatology I might have to step back and study something someone is putting forth in a more in depth way, but we have KEYS/GUIDES to go by even then. Has this persons knowledge of God and teachings heretofore been OF THE SPIRIT ? And if so have you ever been also misled by this person. Nothing happens in a vacuum !!

Placing it in such simple terms as you did means Satan will always win because if he's in the game he's won......BUT NO..,..We have the Holy Spirit that leads us unto all truth, we just have to learn to hear his voice, Paul told us we have to learn how to hear his voice. In matters such as eschatology, we should inquire deepe of its important unto us o say nothing if we aren't willing to invest the time it takes, unless it obvious its not of God.
    There are many who get a "tug" and claim it is the Holy Spirit.
    The proof is NOT the "tug" but in the outcome of that "tug".
    The Preacher this Sunday had a "tug" to preach and thought that the Holy Spirit had told him that a certain person would be there and so they should preach instead of the scheduled Preacher.
    The Preacher who had the "tug" was allowed to preach, but the certain person they expected to be there (and who normally is) was NOT there.
    So that Preacher had misunderstood the Holy Spirit in some way. Others were blessed by the preaching, but though they were sure the Holy Spirit had given them that "tug", they recognised that they had got something wrong.
    On this forum there are many who get a "tug" from the Holy Spirit, or a revelation from God.
    Yet we are called to TEST those spirits, not by testing the "tug" which is individual to each person, but by testing what they claim and teach.
    Does scripture confirm what they say or are they changing the meaning of words or contexts?
    I have had numerous "tugs" yet I know that God is NOT telling me that the "tug" is what is important. It is the TRUTH which is important and the "tug" is for me to be aware and open to what He is saying.

Also note that the Spirit NEVER testifies to Himself. Rather He bears witness to the Father and the Son and who we are in Him and how we are to act and to know them more, even as the Son pointed us to the Father.
    Jesus didn't tell the Disciples, rely on the "tug". He OPENED scripture to them so they could understand what was ALREADY stated
    So IF your "tug" leads to a conclusion which is CONTRARY to scripture then YOU should know that you have misunderstood what the "tug" is about - at least on that occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Walls View Post
    Your opinion that my theory is wrong is accepted. I made it very clear that I could not prove it by using other scripture. To this you agree. The prophecy is to be locked up, and the prophecy is for "Daniel's People". So we both are under the same restriction. You have now claimed special revelation from the Holy Spirit. If you are correct, what profit is their for the rest of mankind? The Holy Spirit has not shown them. But what still remains is the fact that you cannot prove the meanings of these periods of days FROM SCRIPTURE. And SCRIPTURE is what the rest of mankind have as their resource to test you.

I claimed that I was speculating. You claimed special revelation OUTSIDE the Bible. NEITHER can satisfy the Bible STUDENT. When Joseph was told to take infant Jesus and flee, it was special revelation. What did it help all the other under 2-year-olds in the area of Bethlehem? The special revelation was for Joseph alone. He did not go out into the streets and try to save the infants of Bethlehem. But if the Jews had studied Jeremiah carefully and prayerfully, maybe some children could have been saved. So you might have this special revelation, but until you show us scripture by scripture we cannot agree.

May it go well for your (semi) retirement.
    Not so, God decides to reveal to all who listen or put in the work. Since the Holy Spirit was given unto us that has always been the case, before that God gave certain men His holy word. I study eschatology like 8-10 hours a day many days, thus unto those that seek answers will be given. Jesus told us to knock.....If I am at a horror show I can't be given anything by God etc. etc.

I agree its for Daniel's people, but they only see ot have the scales taken off their eyes a couple of months (75 days) before the Anti-Christ comes to power. Its thus our job to filter these things out and have all of this knowledge ready for them, even if we are, IMHO, to be in heaven by that time as per the Rapture. So of course God reveals things unto us, and we leave the understanding for them. What profit is any revelation of God ? Its of enormous profit to those that hear. To me it's obvious and easy, but then again, I wasn't even trying to research about the 1260, I was doing my Daniel 11 and 12 research, which I have on here. It is very thorough, it's what I do, but out of the blue I get the 1260, 1290 and 1335. All I got was, Ron, the 1290 can't come before the 1260............we don't get full conversations with the Holy Spirit, we just get bits that push us in certain directions. I was like, what does that even mean !! The 1290 can't be bore the 1260, that makes no sense. Of course nothing comes, I have been challenged to DIG !!

I was befuddled to say the least. But only when saw that Daniel stated the AoD was 1290 days from the End of these wonders did it hit me, the AoD is not the same as when the Holy peoples are scattered, but this can't be true was my thought, it's always been understood that the AoD was the Beast's event.......I GOT THIS........Mens traditions, Rev. 13.

So of course I go there and the False Prophet indeed places the Image of the Beast in the Temple or tells them to create an image of the Beast and worship it. Then I say, well OK, lets continue. That is when I understood (and everyone has to agree) IF the 1290 happens 30 days before the 1260 then the 1335 also has to be 45 days before the AoD.

IT WOULD HAVE TO BE THIS WAY, IF ONE IS TRUE THE OTHER HAS TO BE TRUE ALSO.

Do you get how that sounds like atheist sound in their "ATTITUDE" towards us ? Their go to thought is "WELL YOU CAN'T PROVE IT"........My reply to them is ITS ON YOU to prove God, its your soul headed to hell to mine, only BELIEF IN GOD can save you and I can't supply your faith my friend, only you can.

The "Holy Spirit" is OUTSIDE THE BIBLE ? He write the bible. The Prophecy was NOT ABOUT ME........Josephs Prophecy was about him and Jesus alone. Apples and oranges.

I have to prove nothing I could care less what you choose to believe. I spread the gospel, I don't worry about what people receive or don't receive brother.

Blog Entries

Further info regarding the length of a year.
    According to Herodotus in 440 BC the Greeks had a 360 day year and added a leap month every couple of years.
    3 x 12 x 30 = 1080 + 2 x 30 = 1140 plus 10 days = 1150.

This would then fit, however the actual statement in Dan 8 is about sacrifices being missed as opposed to Dan 12 which is stated as days.
    Therefore it makes sense to have sacrifices missed BEFORE the AoD is setup and which leads to an end on 25th Kislev 165 BC, and that the 1290 days is as stated days from when the AoD is setup.

Blog Entries

Dan. 11:36-45 has not been fulfilled.

The 1150 is an end time event, Antiochus defiled the Temple for 3 years and 10 days.

So its a mixed bag from what I see, you have 3 and 4 pretty spot on.
    Dan 36-45 was fulfilled by Herod the Great. I have written extensively on it.
    A4E is the little horn of Dan 8 and the 1150 days were fulfilled when he stopped the daily sacrifice in the temple. After his death, the Jews rededicated the temple.

Thread Information