Thread: Doctrine of Christ

Doctrine of Christ

‬‬Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: ( John the Baptist).....and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the Lord of hosts.” ( Jesus)
    **Malachi‬ *3:1‬ *

"The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God; As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee. The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight. (Isaiah 40:3 below) John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.....

And preached, saying, There cometh one mightier than I after me, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to stoop down and unloose. I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost. And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan.”
    **Mark‬ *1:1-5, 7-9‬ *KJV

prophecy.....

The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it. The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field: The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the Lord bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.

Behold, the Lord God will come with strong hand, and his arm shall rule for him: behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him. He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.”
    **Isaiah‬ *40:3, 5-8, 10-11‬ *KJV‬‬

"Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord:”
    **Malachi‬ *4:5‬ *KJV

see the figure?

“And they answered him, He was an hairy man, and girt with a girdle of leather about his loins. And he said, It is Elijah the Tishbite.”
    **2 Kings‬ *1:8‬ *KJV‬‬

“And John was clothed with camel's hair, and with a girdle of a skin about his loins; and he did eat locusts and wild honey;”
    **Mark‬ *1:6‬ *KJV

so Jesus confirms

And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force. I For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John. And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come. ( Malachi 4:5 above) He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.”
    **Matthew‬ *11:7, 9-15‬ *KJV‬‬

"The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.”
    **Luke‬ *16:16‬ *KJV

it's not coincidence Jesus waited until John went into prison before he began preaching the kingdom. Because John was always prophesied to come preparing the world for Jesus ministry, the gospel.

Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.”
    **Mark‬ *1:14-15‬ *KJV

this is why John was telling them, one greater than I will come....referring to Jesus, now see Malachi 3:1, you will see John the Baptist, preparing the way for Jesus , the messenger of the covenant promised always. it was always foretold in many ways by all the prophets even beginning with God telling Moses.....and Moses telling the people this about Jesus....

“According to all that thou desiredst of the Lord thy God in Horeb in the day of the assembly, saying, Let me not hear again the voice of the Lord my God, neither let me see this great fire any more, that I die not....

I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.”
    **Deuteronomy‬ *18:16, 18-19‬ *KJV‬‬

how do we know it's Jesus he's talking about? Revealed truth through Peter...

“And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:.........which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.

Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.”
    **Acts‬ *3:20-26‬ *KJV‬‬

knowing this is certainly Jesus Moses wrote of, now consider what he was saying while preaching the gospel....

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.”
    **John‬ *12:48-50‬ *KJV‬‬

“And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not. Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?”
    **John‬ *5:38-40, 43, 45-47‬ *KJV‬‬

Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me. If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.
    john 7:16-17

And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him. They understood not that he spake to them of the Father. Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.”
    **John‬ *8:23-24, 26-28, 31-32, 42-43, 47, 51‬ *KJV‬‬

Gentiles along with Jews, already foretold in prophecies like this

"And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

Thus saith the Lord, In an acceptable time have I heard thee, and in a day of salvation have I helped thee: and I will preserve thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, to establish the earth..." Isaiah 49...

Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.....Isaiah 42....

so Jesus makes more sense saying things like this...

"And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.”
    **John‬ *10:16, 26-28‬ *KJV‬‬

“He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

these things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.”
    **John‬ *14:21, 23-26‬ *KJV‬‬

“And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
    **Matthew‬ *28:18-20‬ *KJV‬‬

the point, seems scattered....but there is a real movement in the church to get away from Jesus teachings as the doctrine meant for Christians, as crazy as that sounds, false doctrines which teach not the doctrine of Christ, are dangerous because those are the words of eternal life and everything we need to keep in us. Arguments regarding other things, seem always to be geared at removing the teachings and words of Jesus from the church, those are not removable. we have a law, the law of life.

"Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.”
    **2 John‬ *1:9-11‬ *KJV

God bless you. Learn and believe the gospel, you will find something different than you may have thought. Life to the dead

Re: Doctrine of Christ

an small example of what Jesus was preaching

“But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you. And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also. Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.

But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye. For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.

A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.

But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.”
    **Luke‬ *6:27-30, 35-38, 41-49‬ *KJV‬‬

the first step, the only step is to believe Jesus. If we do that, we learn the truth and are free to walk in the ways God has made clear quickened by the word of faith. Remember his word is not the written letters on stone, that unrighteous men try to keep, it is the spirit that goes into the mind and heart, because we believe, there is the power of Gods word to change a heart full of lust , greed, pride, covetousness, anger, worry ect......into a heart made after the image of Gods children. Through the mind by a lie man fell, through the truth, by Christ Jesus the word of God, men rise up.

if you need forgiveness, it's in his word, if you need exhortation it's in his word, if you need assurance of your salvation, it's on his word, if you need understanding of repentance, it's in his word, if you need correction, it's in his word.....was always meant to be his word that gives life.

All we need to do, is believe come to Jesus and learn from him. The yoke that is easy. The spirit which comes through the gospel, will quicken the weak, and give life to the dead in us. If we believe and refuse to deny his authority, as we grow well see the things telling us, "if I'm your lord, why do you not do the things I'm saying? "This is to create the right mind in us, not to replace the mosaic law, but to write the things of God on our hearts and minds within us, to make good trees which produce good fruits. Teaching us to call Jesus lord, has a meaning that's very important, a Christian will develope the right thinking through his gospel, and be led by those things in us through the conscience. To have a proper conscience one needs abide in the doctrine of Christ and let it sink in deeply, by this we are led in the right paths.

there is of course much more to what he taught, understanding is given in the epistles, understanding of the gospel which was preached first by the lord Jesus, then by those who walked with him, and even God the father has testified to his truth through all the miracles he wrought. The way is before us, it cannot be altered or re written, his word is immutable it is the way, the truth and life. Whatever you do in Christ, never let anyone take you on a path away from Jesus the lords words, they are forever as he is. And don't forget, they are spirit and life John 6:63, we want the understanding in them.

for instance he says " you must eat my flesh and drink my blood".....obviously he's not promoting cannabalism, it's spiritual understanding to feed on him, live by him he's our source of life.....again he says speaking of list in the heart, " if thine eye offend you pluck it out, if thy hand offend thee cut it off" again, spiritual understanding, he's showing us the danger of lust in our minds and hearts, that we need to rid those things in us, out of us. The battle is in the mind, for the heart of man between good and evil. If evil wins a mans heart, he will serve evil, if good wins a mans heart, he will serve good. Make a heart good, the deeds will pour out of what's in us. Spirit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Follower1977 View Post
    an small example of what Jesus was preaching

“But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you. And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also. Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.

But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye. For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.

A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.

But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.”
    **Luke‬ *6:27-30, 35-38, 41-49‬ *KJV‬‬

the first step, the only step is to believe Jesus. If we do that, we learn the truth and are free to walk in the ways God has made clear quickened by the word of faith. Remember his word is not the written letters on stone, that unrighteous men try to keep, it is the spirit that goes into the mind and heart, because we believe, there is the power of Gods word to change a heart full of lust , greed, pride, covetousness, anger, worry ect......into a heart made after the image of Gods children. Through the mind by a lie man fell, through the truth, by Christ Jesus the word of God, men rise up.

if you need forgiveness, it's in his word, if you need exhortation it's in his word, if you need assurance of your salvation, it's on his word, if you need understanding of repentance, it's in his word, if you need correction, it's in his word.....was always meant to be his word that gives life.

All we need to do, is believe come to Jesus and learn from him. The yoke that is easy. The spirit which comes through the gospel, will quicken the weak, and give life to the dead in us. If we believe and refuse to deny his authority, as we grow well see the things telling us, "if I'm your lord, why do you not do the things I'm saying? "This is to create the right mind in us, not to replace the mosaic law, but to write the things of God on our hearts and minds within us, to make good trees which produce good fruits. Teaching us to call Jesus lord, has a meaning that's very important, a Christian will develope the right thinking through his gospel, and be led by those things in us through the conscience. To have a proper conscience one needs abide in the doctrine of Christ and let it sink in deeply, by this we are led in the right paths.

there is of course much more to what he taught, understanding is given in the epistles, understanding of the gospel which was preached first by the lord Jesus, then by those who walked with him, and even God the father has testified to his truth through all the miracles he wrought. The way is before us, it cannot be altered or re written, his word is immutable it is the way, the truth and life. Whatever you do in Christ, never let anyone take you on a path away from Jesus the lords words, they are forever as he is. And don't forget, they are spirit and life John 6:63, we want the understanding in them.

for instance he says " you must eat my flesh and drink my blood".....obviously he's not promoting cannabalism, it's spiritual understanding to feed on him, live by him he's our source of life.....again he says speaking of list in the heart, " if thine eye offend you pluck it out, if thy hand offend thee cut it off" again, spiritual understanding, he's showing us the danger of lust in our minds and hearts, that we need to rid those things in us, out of us. The battle is in the mind, for the heart of man between good and evil. If evil wins a mans heart, he will serve evil, if good wins a mans heart, he will serve good. Make a heart good, the deeds will pour out of what's in us. Spirit
    Makes perfect sense to me.

Oh no we can't do it, it's works?

Watch it get moved again

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin633 View Post
    Makes perfect sense to me.

Oh no we can't do it, it's works?

Watch it get moved again

the key for us is first accepting, then believing.....the doing becomes a result of taking in and believing because our savior has proven he came to,save and not condemn.....his words are meant to save us, we need just accept and believe and let the lord speak forth righteousness in us. Then the power of Gods word will manifest.

let there be light...and light began to shine forth.

Let there be righteousness in the heart of this man....and righteousness began to shine forth.

But will the son of man find faith on earth?

“But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise,...... The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”
    **Romans‬ *10:6-10, 12-17‬ *KJV‬‬

Many haven't heard the truth of the gospel, just how Jesus taught it we don't have to add to it, alter it....our place is to believe and share it with others, because until they hear the word of Christ, they can't possibly believe it, and if no one is speaking it, there's no one who will hear it. I've always believed, righteousness comes by faith , but faith comes from the word of Christ , we need those teachings in us, of we keep them in us Gods word will produce his children. We need scatter seed everywhere we go......there is a patient Gardner who will cultivate and cause to grow

Thread Information