Thread: Truth, the Royal law in scripture.

Truth, the Royal law in scripture.

If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:...James 2:8

“And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?.....
    ....And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.

And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side. And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side.

But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him, And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him. And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.

Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves? And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.”
    **Luke‬ *10:27-28, 30-37

“Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.”
    **Matthew‬ *22:36-40‬ *KJV

Paul....

“Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.”
    **Romans‬ *13:8-10‬ *KJV

John...

“Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him? My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.”
    **1 John‬ *3:16-19‬ *KJV

paul, faith working by love....

For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.”
    **Galatians‬ *5:6‬ *KJV

John....

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: andhis commandments are not grievous. For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.”
    **1 John‬ *5:1-4‬ *KJV‬‬

James faith and the example of the same love....

If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:.....“So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.
    For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.

What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.”
    **James‬ *2:8, 13-17‬ *KJV‬‬

Jesus.....

As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

These things I command you, that ye love one another.”
    **John‬ *15:9-15, 17‬ *KJV‬‬

be the Good Samaritan, the next time you see someone in need....remember this one thing

When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Without true love, were fooling ourselves. Remember which commandments to follow. God bless you

Re: Truth, the Royal law in scripture.

Best post I have ever seen! Grace and peace to you from our Father!

I pray that people that think the law is irrelevant will see this and realize the spirit of the law is love God and neighbor (actually in the law). The law is spiritual, holy, just, and good.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Follower1977 View Post
    If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:...James 2:8

“And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?.....
    ....And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.

And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side. And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side.

But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him, And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him. And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.

Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves? And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.”
    **Luke‬ *10:27-28, 30-37

“Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.”
    **Matthew‬ *22:36-40‬ *KJV

Paul....

“Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.”
    **Romans‬ *13:8-10‬ *KJV

John...

“Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him? My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.”
    **1 John‬ *3:16-19‬ *KJV

paul, faith working by love....

For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.”
    **Galatians‬ *5:6‬ *KJV

John....

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: andhis commandments are not grievous. For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.”

James faith and the example of the same love....

If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:.....“So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.
    For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.

What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.”
    **James‬ *2:8, 13-17‬ *KJV‬‬

Jesus.....

As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

These things I command you, that ye love one another.”
    **John‬ *15:9-15, 17‬ *KJV‬‬

be the Good Samaritan, the next time you see someone in need....remember this one thing

When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Without true love, were fooling ourselves. Remember which commandments to follow. God bless you
    You are so learned on scripture.
    And use it to prove a point that nobody can deny is truth.

I am reminded that following the law and obeying the law is the narrow path not just by saying we belive but doing what we belive according to the SCRIPTURES.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin633 View Post
    You are so learned on scripture.
    And use it to prove a point that nobody can deny is truth.

I am reminded that following the law and obeying the law is the narrow path not just by saying we belive but doing what we belive according to the SCRIPTURES.

I'm truly nothing and no one, unworthy of my lords precious Love spent running down the cross for my sins. I think because I understand that the bible is about redemption for people like myself, I have something of value that I hold more precious than anything the world has to offer, like all who belong to Christ......we just believe.

God bless you, thank you for the fresh water of encouragement and fellowship.

We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error. Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another. No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us. Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit. And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. We love him, because he first loved us.

If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.”
    **1 John‬ *4:6-21‬ *KJV‬‬

“Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

Jesus loves us, I'm blessed because he has stamped that on my heart, and that is what I want to share , simple......yet the message from God who,is beyond our comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by Noeb View Post
    Best post I have ever seen! Grace and peace to you from our Father!

I pray that people that think the law is irrelevant will see this and realize the spirit of the law is love God and neighbor (actually in the law). The law is spiritual, holy, just, and good.

the law of Christ brother.

it's true this is in the law

“Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the Lord.”
    **Leviticus‬ *19:18‬ *KJV‬‬

the problem with the mosaic law, is the veil that appears like this.

“And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life, Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, Burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.”
    **Exodus‬ *21:23-25‬ *KJV‬‬

and the truth appears like this

Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: <<< Moses law....the law of life>>>But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.>>>> But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.”
    **Matthew‬ *5:38-39, 43-45‬ *KJV‬‬

and

“And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?<<< Leviticus 20:10 in the law of Moses.

So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.”
    **John‬ *8:3-5, 7-12‬ *KJV‬‬

people mostly think Jesus followed the mosaic law, the Pharisees here, we're following the law to the letter, Jesus prevents them from doing so. his doctrine is contrary to Moses it's Gods law, seen in full view, rather than through the sinfulness of mankind.He came to sinners to call them to repentance, the law of Moses says " you be holy , and you purge the sin of others by putting them to death......it was for the intent of exposing sin in us and teaching is the deceitfulness of sin that it use Gods word ordained for life, to put men to death, your correct the law is good righteous and holy, under the law we the people are not good righteous and holy, they become that through the faith of Christ Jesus...the gospel, is our law ....Moses was the tutor, doing the necessary work beforehand, to prepare mankind for salvation. Jesus is the way truth and life the builder of Gods house. As well as the judge of all mankind. We have a law, it appears in the mosaic in fragmented portions scattered in all the sin and death the judgement apart from mercy, which is the veil.....Christ is the light of truth, the word of God meant to save.

God bless brother, just my thoughts, appreciate the encouragement glad you enjoyed the scriptures.

Just a supporting set of verses from the prophet Isaiah, to show the truth of love, has been Gods desire even from times of old...but the people could not see nor hear.....

Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins. Yet they seek me daily, and delight to know my ways, as a nation that did righteousness, and forsook not the ordinance of their God: they ask of me the ordinances of justice; they take delight in approaching to God.

Wherefore have we fasted, say they, and thou seest not? wherefore have we afflicted our soul, and thou takest no knowledge? Behold, in the day of your fast ye find pleasure, and exact all your labours. Behold, ye fast for strife and debate, and to smite with the fist of wickedness: ye shall not fast as ye do this day, to make your voice to be heard on high.

Is it such a fast that I have chosen? a day for a man to afflict his soul? is it to bow down his head as a bulrush, and to spread sackcloth and ashes under him? wilt thou call this a fast, and an acceptable day to the Lord? Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke? Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh? Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the Lord shall be thy rearward. Then shalt thou call, and the Lord shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity; And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noonday: And the Lord shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.”
    **Isaiah‬ *58:1-11‬ *KJV‬‬

to care for the needs of others as we care for our own needs.....Love in deed and truth.

the law of Christ brother.

it's true this is in the law

“Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the Lord.”
    **Leviticus‬ *19:18‬ *KJV‬‬

the problem with the mosaic law, is the veil that appears like this.

“And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life, Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, Burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.”

and the truth appears like this

Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: <<< Moses law....the law of life>>>But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.>>>> But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.”
    **Matthew‬ *5:38-39, 43-45‬ *KJV‬‬

and

“And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?<<< Leviticus 20:10 in the law of Moses.

So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.”
    **John‬ *8:3-5, 7-12‬ *KJV‬‬

people mostly think Jesus followed the mosaic law, the Pharisees here, we're following the law to the letter, Jesus prevents them from doing so. his doctrine is contrary to Moses it's Gods law, seen in full view, rather than through the sinfulness of mankind.He came to sinners to call them to repentance, the law of Moses says " you be holy , and you purge the sin of others by putting them to death......it was for the intent of exposing sin in us and teaching is the deceitfulness of sin that it use Gods word ordained for life, to put men to death, your correct the law is good righteous and holy, under the law we the people are not good righteous and holy, they become that through the faith of Christ Jesus...the gospel, is our law ....Moses was the tutor, doing the necessary work beforehand, to prepare mankind for salvation. Jesus is the way truth and life the builder of Gods house. As well as the judge of all mankind. We have a law, it appears in the mosaic in fragmented portions scattered in all the sin and death the judgement apart from mercy, which is the veil.....Christ is the light of truth, the word of God meant to save.

God bless brother, just my thoughts, appreciate the encouragement glad you enjoyed the scriptures.
    The law of Christ is the law and the prophets. I have a thread called Matthew 5 and disagree with what you've done here with the law and Jesus' words. Jesus was clear he was teaching the law and the prophets, not contradicting them, and told us to do the law and the prophets. Jesus was contrasting what man taught (you have heard) the law said and how they improperly used it with what the law really said (but I say). They were using judicial law reserved for litigation for personal behavior and that was not the purpose of the law. Also, God departed long before, their work and service futile, they did everything on their own, there were no judges with the spirit of wisdom to execute wise judgment in litigation, they were on the street, and were under Roman law which prevented them from acting judge and jury and stoning. They were not supposed to be implementing the law of Moses in a judicial sense just the spiritual, which is what Jesus did.

Mat 7:12 Therefore all things whatever you would that men should do to you, do you even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

The law of Christ is the law and the prophets. I have a thread called Matthew 5 and disagree with what you've done here with the law and Jesus' words. Jesus was clear he was teaching the law and the prophets, not contradicting them, and told us to do the law and the prophets. Jesus was contrasting what man taught (you have heard) the law said and how they improperly used it with what the law really said (but I say). They were using judicial law reserved for litigation for personal behavior and that was not the purpose of the law. Also, God departed long before, their work and service futile, they did everything on their own, there were no judges with the spirit of wisdom to execute wise judgment in litigation, they were on the street, and were under Roman law which prevented them from acting judge and jury and stoning. They were not supposed to be implementing the law of Moses in a judicial sense just the spiritual, which is what Jesus did.

Mat 7:12 Therefore all things whatever you would that men should do to you, do you even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

wow, so,what's written in the book of Moses, is mans teaching?

okay, I'll leave that one there.....seems quite contrary, if one just actually compares what Moses commanded, and what Jesus commanded.....but maybe people need to toss out scripture.....and ask you.....personally, I'll stick with the bible and just what's there. I wonder what Paul's saying here?

Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God. ( see John chapter 15, to see how fruit comes forth, fruit that will last)

pay careful attention to how sin, works in sinful man, by what....

For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death. But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet. But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead. For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death. For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me. Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful. For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?”
    **Romans‬ *7:4-14, 18-24‬ *KJV‬‬

friend, it's okay when you disagree, but for me to offer you scripture and you to then say " what I've done to the law" is not the kind of conversation I'm willing to pursue. can you understand what Paul is talking about above? That is the effect of the law in man, because we're sinners since Adam ate the fruit, which was another thing you seem to not be able to accept. Which again I showed you very straight forward scripture, then you explained Paul knew what he was saying.....I'm not looking to argue with you, instead of giving your opinion, show me scripture saying the things you are saying, then I'll gladly consider what you are saying.

how many times does Paul explain this

For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.”
    **Galatians‬ *2:19-21‬ *KJV‬‬

Why, does all expound upon n this being dead to,the law so many times in nearly every epistle he wrote? Why does he insist, do not be yoked again to the bondage the law brings? ......because the law of Moses is contrary to us in Christ. It is for the purpose of accusing sinners, from when it was written by Moses and placed next to the ark.

Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee. For I know thy rebellion, and thy stiff neck: behold, while I am yet alive with you this day, ye have been rebellious against the Lord; and how much more after my death?”
    **Deuteronomy‬ *31:26-27‬ *KJV‬‬

it seems some think we can remove things we don't want in the law....but naw, it's written in it to not add to or remove a single ordinance, command, precept....so that's not the thing either. Consider this final thought of the law it is one, we either obey every command, or we break one place, and were guilty of breaking it all.

“For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.”
    **James‬ *2:10‬ *KJV‬‬

That's hundreds of commands, many people don't even realize are there.....it's not for salvation it was given as shown above to the lawless to witness against them in Gods presence.

“Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned: From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling; Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.

But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;”
    **1 Timothy‬ *1:5-10‬ *KJV‬‬

the law of Moses is not, never has been , and can never be for righteousness, for eternal life, nor can anyone keep the law of Moses, without transgressing the gospel of our Lord, because it is contrary, meant for different people with hardened hearts, the gospel is meant for the sinners who hear him and repent. Again Moses was the tutor only meant to lead one to,Jesus and the true law of faith.

“For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them. Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe. But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.”
    **Galatians‬ *3:10-13, 19, 22-25‬ *KJV‬‬

we have no need of a tutor, meant only to bring us to the good teacher.....the teacher, knows better.

Lots of good scripture there to consider, .....the mosaic law, is not a doctrine Christians should yoke themselves to, see acts chapter 15 and heed the apostles decision. We owe everything to Jesus Christ alone, God the Father, and his son Jesus Christ......Moses can't save anyone,,,but he will accuse those with thier hopes in his law, that's it's purpose.

“Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.”
    **John‬ *5:45‬ *KJV‬‬

Christians have a word placed at Gods right hand, just like the book of the law was......only he doesn't accuse us, he intercedes on our behalf, he is advocating for us. What do you think the book he takes from Gods hand in revelation 5 Is? The one no one could open? The one with the seals of seven?......

What is the written code he nailed to,the cross in Colossians 2?

Why does Isaiah promise that a glorious law will proceed from Jerusalem? Bound to the disciples and sent out?.....there's no Christian who can anytime remove the gospel as the eternal law of God, and we have no authority to remove even one command of the law of Moses, we keep every word, or we break every word and then sadly.....will suffer the curse because we refuse Christ.....can't follow Moses we were purchased with royal blood, belong to the king who's word is immutable.

wow, so,what's written in the book of Moses, is mans teaching?

okay, I'll leave that one there.....seems quite contrary, if one just actually compares what Moses commanded, and what Jesus commanded.....but maybe people need to toss out scripture.....and ask you.....personally, I'll stick with the bible and just what's there. I wonder what Paul's saying here?
    Book of Moses? I'm not familiar with that. Eye for an eye was judicial, not for personal retribution and behavior with neighbors. That was man's teaching and Jesus was correcting it. The law did not say love your neighbor and hate your enemy. That was man's teaching and Jesus was correcting it. There's nothing contrary between what the law actually says and why it says it and what Jesus said there. You're making the same mistake the teachers of the law made. Jesus didn't say he did not come to destroy the law, turn around and destroy it, then flip again and say to live the law and the prophets. That's nonsense. What Paul said is irrelevant here, but I will say you are not applying dead to the law and delivered from the law properly either. The law didn't die, we did, and we were forgiven our sins and freed from our bond/contract/judgment of the law (Col 2) and raised in newness of life a new creature so we can fulfill the righteousness in the law. The law is a reflection of God's name and nature, so it is good, righteous, and holy. Of course, it has to be used lawfully. Again, the law did not die, it is written on our hearts. I hope you're not dead to it. How could you be? Clearly it doesn't mean what you think it does. Being born again and following it is not being yoked again in bondage, and how could it be contrary to Jesus since he's the one that baptizes us in the Spirit and writes the law on our heart? And he's contrary to it? C'mon! How are we fulfilling the righteousness in the law when we follow after the Spirit if dead to it means what you propose and it's not for righteousness? You bring up not changing anything in the law and what happens if someone does and say Jesus did and tell me to do away with it entirely which is the greatest change one can make. How can I do that when it's written on my heart and why would I want to throw that out? I can assure you, since the law is written on our hearts for us to fulfill the righteousness in it, it is not what was nailed to the cross. The law "is contrary, meant for different people with hardened hearts?" You seriously need to read Psalms.

Book of Moses? I'm not familiar with that. Eye for an eye was judicial, not for personal retribution and behavior with neighbors. That was man's teaching and Jesus was correcting it. The law did not say love your neighbor and hate your enemy. That was man's teaching and Jesus was correcting it. There's nothing contrary between what the law actually says and why it says it and what Jesus said there. You're making the same mistake the teachers of the law made. Jesus didn't say he did not come to destroy the law, turn around and destroy it, then flip again and say to live the law and the prophets. That's nonsense. What Paul said is irrelevant here, but I will say you are not applying dead to the law and delivered from the law properly either. The law didn't die, we did, and we were forgiven our sins and freed from our bond/contract/judgment of the law (Col 2) and raised in newness of life a new creature so we can fulfill the righteousness in the law. The law is a reflection of God's name and nature, so it is good, righteous, and holy. Of course, it has to be used lawfully. Again, the law did not die, it is written on our hearts. I hope you're not dead to it. How could you be? Clearly it doesn't mean what you think it does. Being born again and following it is not being yoked again in bondage, and how could it be contrary to Jesus since he's the one that baptizes us in the Spirit and writes the law on our heart? And he's contrary to it? C'mon! How are we fulfilling the righteousness in the law when we follow after the Spirit if dead to it means what you propose and it's not for righteousness? You bring up not changing anything in the law and what happens if someone does and say Jesus did and tell me to do away with it entirely which is the greatest change one can make. How can I do that when it's written on my heart and why would I want to throw that out? I can assure you, since the law is written on our hearts for us to fulfill the righteousness in it, it is not what was nailed to the cross. The law "is contrary, meant for different people with hardened hearts?" You seriously need to read Psalms.

the book of Moses is the law of Moses here's the book of Moses. it's what Paul and most Christians refer to as " the law"

“And it came to pass, when Moses had made an end of writing [B]the words of this law in a book, until they were finished[/B], That Moses commanded the Levites, which bare the ark of the covenant of the Lord, saying, Take this book of the law, and put it at the side of the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee.”
    **Deuteronomy‬ *31:24-26‬ *KJV‬‬

that's the law of Moses, you find it in the book of exodus, Leviticus, Deuteronomy, and numbers.....sort of,like the gospel, (another figure)they overlap 4 accounts with many different details. It's everything Moses commanded the people, the things God commanded him to teach them. When he went up to the mount for forty days with the lords glory.

To understand the law of Moses one needs to compare it to the gospel to see its purpose and why it is as it is. The Pharisees knew it to the letter they didn't obey it, but they were using it consistently to try to condemn Jesus. Here's just a short comparison between two examples. The law is good, it just has its purpose...and part of it is judicial, but the commands are directly for the people. They were to go to judges when they didn't know what the law was. But thier justice was according to the commands in the law.

And if a man cause a blemish in his neighbour; as he hath done, so shall it be done to him; Breach for breach, eye for eye, tooth for tooth: as he hath caused a blemish in a man, so shall it be done to him again.<<<< Moses law.

And Moses spake to the children of Israel, that they should bring forth him that had cursed out of the camp, and stone him with stones. And the children of Israel did as the Lord commanded Moses.”
    **Leviticus‬ *24:19-20, 23‬ *KJV‬‬

again here on the law

the gospel....

“Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.”
    **Matthew‬ *5:38-39‬ *KJV‬‬

Paul preaching the gospel....

Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men. If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.”
    **Romans‬ *12:17-21‬ *KJV‬‬

it's contrary two different directives .again marriage and divorce

Moses said

When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house.

And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife. .....
    **Deuteronomy‬ *24:1-4‬ *KJV‬‬

The law keepers always trying to condemn Jesus with this law....

“The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?

And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. ( see this truth well before the law was given as soon as Eve was created in Genesis 2)

they ask a good question because they understand, it's contrary to the law of Moses....

They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?

He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.

And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.”
    **Matthew‬ *19:3-9‬ *KJV‬‬

again, two different directives, very different. The gospel is not the re teaching of Moses law, it's the truth of Gods law which was before the transgression, which is why the law came at all, because we were infected with sin in our hearts and minds. Real evidence that Jesus was giving the things before the mosaic law is that melchezidek, was priest in Genesis, but when the law came, the Levites were made priests. But in Hebrews we learn that Christ is our priest not of Aaron's order ( levitical) but of the order of melchezidek, which again didn't serve the mosaic law, but served before the law when Abraham received the promise of the gospel.

why was the law given?

"Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.” ( until the seed Jesus came)
    **Galatians‬ *3:19‬ *KJV‬‬

again, “

The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.”**Luke‬ *16:16‬ *KJV‬‬

what was the law meant to teach us about?

“Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.”
    **Romans‬ *3:20‬ *KJV‬‬

what was the result of the law being given?

“Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.”
    **Romans‬ *3:19‬ *KJV‬‬

Why what's the point of everyone being held guilty before God?

in order for the person to understand, I absolutely have to,have Gods salvation, I need desperately a savior, because I'm a sinner, by the law I am a condemned man waiting for death. Oh...who shall save me ?..<< that person will believe in Jesus with all thier heart he is thier only hope..and then one can appreciate and accept Jesus. Gods plan exalts Jesus above everything, Moses, us, even the heavens. He loves his son indeed.....

the law again, is a good thing but it's purpose is to get sinful mankind, to,the messiah who,is able to,heal us. As the law has shown is on sin, we will surely die. Knowing the above purposes of the law is to hold guilty mankind, under the condemnation of sin and death.....then Jesus words are for this purpose

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.”
    **John‬ *3:3, 16-18‬ *KJV‬‬

“Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.

But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.”

**John‬ *4:21, 23-24‬ *KJV‬‬

“For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will. For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: <<< that's why he was able to teach better, different things.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.”
    **John‬ *5:21-22, 24-27‬ *KJV‬‬

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.”
    **John‬ *6:63‬ *KJV‬‬

the law condemns Unspiritual people, the gospel breathes the spirit of life into those condemned by the law who will believe in the savior and lord, Jesus.The law came because of transgression, for the purpose of giving us knowledge of sin, and holding us guilty before God.....Jesus came to,save us. It's the reason it's contrary doctrine. They lead to two different destinations.

One came on the heels of this....

“Therefore the Lord God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken. So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.”
    **Genesis‬ *3:23-24‬ *KJV‬‬

the other promises a return to this

“He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.”
    **Revelation‬ *2:7‬ *KJV‬‬

sometimes Christians disagree because we don't understand the same words the same way. What is " the law" to,you?

I love the psalms.....they are about Jesus.

Thread Information