Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HEBREWS 8 WHEN?

HEBREWS 8 WHEN?

So when does the covenant found in Hebrews 8 come to pass?

HEBREWS 8 [8] For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: [9] Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. [10] For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I WILL PUT MY LAWS INTO THEIR MIND, AND WRITE THEM IN THEIR HEARTS: and I WILL BE TO THEM A GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE TO ME A PEOPLE:

Re: HEBREWS 8 WHEN?

Quote Originally Posted by BOWnQUIVER View Post

HEBREWS 8 [8] For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: [9] Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. [10] For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I WILL PUT MY LAWS INTO THEIR MIND, AND WRITE THEM IN THEIR HEARTS: and I WILL BE TO THEM A GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE TO ME A PEOPLE:
    Hi, and welcome to the Forum.

The answer is in the text. It is "the days" when the House of Israel (the ten northern Tribes who were deported by Assyria), and the House of Judah (the two southern Tribes who were deported by Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon about 120 years later), are one nation again. As this only happens AFTER the Second Coming of our Lord Jesus, it is still future.

As I pointed out in a recent thread, we should not mix the TIME when the Covenant comes into effect with the TIME when it was RATIFIED. All Covenant between God and fallen men must be ratified in blood. The New Covenant was RATIFIED by Christ's blood on Golgotha. The previous Covenant of LAW was RATIFIED by blood in Exodus 24:8. There was also a time delay for the Law. For instance, the Law regarding Israel's king were moot until Saul came some 500 years later. So also the New Covenant. It is RATIFIED by Christ's blood, but put in Force more than 2,000 years later.

New Covenant
    When the disciples received the Holy Ghost in Acts 2, what was the reference to Joel about? And what about the part in the last verse (2:21) “that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved?”

Acts 2:16-21: “But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel. And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come: And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

Has there been any era where that has happened? Joel chapter 1 speaks about the devastation of the earth and the Day of the Lord (Future events).

Then Joel 2 ends with: 31: “The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.” 32: “And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.”

Many say we are already in God’s new covenant that was prophesied in the OT and in Acts/Hebrews.

Heb. 8:7-13 “For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.”

Jer. 31:31-34 “Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.”

Do you see the direct link between Jeremiah and Hebrews? What about the parallels in Acts and Joel?

Acts 2:16-18 “But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:”

First a time frame in Joel: Joel 2:1 “Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand;”

Next, It speaks of a restoration after the Day of the Lord. Then we are given a picture of the new covenant:

Joel 2:28, 29 “And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.”

What can we conclude from this? What we have today is not the New Covenant God was talking about. Not yet. The way I read that is everyone that calls on the Lord will have salvation. Surely, that is not today. So, when is it?
    John 15:17 "These things I command you, that ye love one another."

Quote Originally Posted by Deade View Post
    New Covenant
    When the disciples received the Holy Ghost in Acts 2, what was the reference to Joel about? And what about the part in the last verse (2:21) “that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved?”

Acts 2:16-21: “But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel. And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come: And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

Has there been any era where that has happened? Joel chapter 1 speaks about the devastation of the earth and the Day of the Lord (Future events).

Then Joel 2 ends with: 31: “The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.” 32: “And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.”

Many say we are already in God’s new covenant that was prophesied in the OT and in Acts/Hebrews.

Heb. 8:7-13 “For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.”

Jer. 31:31-34 “Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.”

Do you see the direct link between Jeremiah and Hebrews? What about the parallels in Acts and Joel?

Acts 2:16-18 “But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:”

First a time frame in Joel: Joel 2:1 “Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand;”

Next, It speaks of a restoration after the Day of the Lord. Then we are given a picture of the new covenant:

Joel 2:28, 29 “And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.”

What can we conclude from this? What we have today is not the New Covenant God was talking about. Not yet. The way I read that is everyone that calls on the Lord will have salvation. Surely, that is not today. So, when is it?
    With all due respect, the New Covenant *is* the salvation of Christ. When Jesus shed his blood on the cross, and died, he was offering his blood as an atonement for our sins. This *is* the New Covenant.

I don't have a problem with Jeremiah 31, speaking of a future day when this NT salvation will ultimately come to apply to Israel *as a nation.* But legally, the NT came into effect at the cross. And the Holy Spirit confirmed this to us by anointing us not just with the eternal life we were promised, but also with the power to proclaim it to others.

The Joel passage begins with an alarming historical judgment of locusts, which literally wiped out masses of people. Without food they would starve! And then God used this to predict that a much greater judgment is coming at the end of the age--the Day of the Lord. This is the day when God will decide who will be forgiven, and who will not.

And so, Joel speaks of what precedes that Day. It is the message of repentance given to the world so that men may not have to endure judgment in the Day of the Lord. The visions, dreams, and prophecies of the Church are what prepare men for this final judgment. And we are empowered with the Holy Spirit to show forth this eternal life that we have, and the power in our message to grant life to others, if they repent of the sins of this age.

Quote Originally Posted by Deade View Post
    New Covenant

With all due respect, the New Covenant *is* the salvation of Christ. When Jesus shed his blood on the cross, and died, he was offering his blood as an atonement for our sins. This *is* the New Covenant.

I don't have a problem with Jeremiah 31, speaking of a future day when this NT salvation will ultimately come to apply to Israel *as a nation.* But legally, the NT came into effect at the cross. And the Holy Spirit confirmed this to us by anointing us not just with the eternal life we were promised, but also with the power to proclaim it to others.

The Joel passage begins with an alarming historical judgment of locusts, which literally wiped out masses of people. Without food they would starve! And then God used this to predict that a much greater judgment is coming at the end of the age--the Day of the Lord. This is the day when God will decide who will be forgiven, and who will not.

And so, Joel speaks of what precedes that Day. It is the message of repentance given to the world so that men may not have to endure judgment in the Day of the Lord. The visions, dreams, and prophecies of the Church are what prepare men for this final judgment. And we are empowered with the Holy Spirit to show forth this eternal life that we have, and the power in our message to grant life to others, if they repent of the sins of this age.

Hey! Bow... : )

Rev 1-6 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw. Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand. John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne; And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood. And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

In verse 6, we see the apostle John referring to himself and his readers, who were washed in Jesus' blood; as having been made kings and priests unto God. Past tense! Now the law made the sons or Arron to be priests. But for those of us who have been washed in the blood of the New Covenant and have been made kings and priest not after Arron according to the 1st Covenant with its letter of the law. But much the rather by the New Covenant with its Spirit of the law is after the order of Melchizedek. For if their is a change in the priesthood, there must be a change in the law as well. Jesus being the High Priest of the New Covenant and our King of Kings has gone to the Father ahead of us ministering the New Covenant to us when he sent the Spirit as our comforter while he's with the Father. He has made us into his kings and priests of the New Covenant ministering reconciliation to the called by following the Spirit. AND, Heb 9:16 "For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator." AND Finally: "there are three that bear witness in earth, The Spirit, and the water, and the blood, and these three agree in one." The blood being referred to here is the blood of the New Covenant that Jesus paid our debt in full with. PTL, forever!

JEREMIAH 31 [31] BEHOLD, THE DAYS COME, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: [32] Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: [33] But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; AFTER THOSE DAYS, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. [34] AND THEY SHALL TEACH NO MORE EVERY MAN HIS NEIGHBOUR, AND EVERY MAN HIS BROTHER, SAYING, KNOW THE LORD: FOR THEY SHALL ALL KNOW ME, FROM THE LEAST OF THEM UNTO THE GREATEST of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

HEBREWS 8 [8] For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: [9] Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. [10] For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I WILL PUT MY LAWS INTO THEIR MIND, AND WRITE THEM IN THEIR HEARTS: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: [11] And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. [12] For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. [13] In that he saith, A NEW COVENANT, HE HATH MADE THE FIRST OLD. NOW THAT WHICH DECAYETH AND WAXETH OLD IS READY TO VANISH AWAY.

Jer.31 and Heb.8 are speaking of the same exact covenant. Although we are to try and walk as if Gods law was written in our heart, has the covenant of Jer.31 and Hebrews 8 already arrived?

Verse 8- I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah. Not a gentile mentioned anywhere.

Verse 11- Does EVERYONE know the Lord? Not even close. There will come a time.

Verse 13- Hebrews 8 was written AFTER the crucified Christ and the scripture clearly says that the old covenant (10 commandments) is WAXING OLD and GETTING READY to vanish. Aint vanished yet! Not that only! Hebrews 8 [8] says Behold the days come when He will make a new covenant. Didnt come yet. Yes there are some books that claim the ten are obsolete.

Verse 10- When God writes His commandments in our heart you can bet the ranch we will be keeping them. When will God write His laws in our hearts?

DEUT. 30 [4] If any of thine be driven out unto the outmost parts of heaven, from thence will THE LORD THY GOD GATHER THEE, and from thence will he fetch thee: [5] And the Lord THY GOD WILL BRING THEE INTO THE LAND WHICH THY FATHERS POSSESSED, and thou shalt possess it; and he will do thee good, and multiply thee above thy fathers. [6] And the Lord THY GOD WILL CIRCUMCISE THINE HEART, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live. [7] And the Lord thy God will put all these curses upon thine enemies, and on them that hate thee, which persecuted thee. [8] And THOU SHALT RETURN AND OBEY THE VOICE OF THE LORD, AND DO ALL HIS COMMANDMENTS which I command thee this day.

After the gathering {in the twinkling of an eye} to the kingdom rest. Its then the law will be written on our hearts and we will obey.

JEREMIAH 31 [31] BEHOLD, THE DAYS COME, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: [32] Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: [33] But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; AFTER THOSE DAYS, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. [34] AND THEY SHALL TEACH NO MORE EVERY MAN HIS NEIGHBOUR, AND EVERY MAN HIS BROTHER, SAYING, KNOW THE LORD: FOR THEY SHALL ALL KNOW ME, FROM THE LEAST OF THEM UNTO THE GREATEST of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

HEBREWS 8 [8] For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: [9] Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. [10] For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I WILL PUT MY LAWS INTO THEIR MIND, AND WRITE THEM IN THEIR HEARTS: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: [11] And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. [12] For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. [13] In that he saith, A NEW COVENANT, HE HATH MADE THE FIRST OLD. NOW THAT WHICH DECAYETH AND WAXETH OLD IS READY TO VANISH AWAY.

Jer.31 and Heb.8 are speaking of the same exact covenant. Although we are to try and walk as if Gods law was written in our heart, has the covenant of Jer.31 and Hebrews 8 already arrived?

Verse 8- I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah. Not a gentile mentioned anywhere.

Verse 11- Does EVERYONE know the Lord? Not even close. There will come a time.

Verse 13- Hebrews 8 was written AFTER the crucified Christ and the scripture clearly says that the old covenant (10 commandments) is WAXING OLD and GETTING READY to vanish. Aint vanished yet! Not that only! Hebrews 8 [8] says Behold the days come when He will make a new covenant. Didnt come yet. Yes there are some books that claim the ten are obsolete.

Verse 10- When God writes His commandments in our heart you can bet the ranch we will be keeping them. When will God write His laws in our hearts?

DEUT. 30 [4] If any of thine be driven out unto the outmost parts of heaven, from thence will THE LORD THY GOD GATHER THEE, and from thence will he fetch thee: [5] And the Lord THY GOD WILL BRING THEE INTO THE LAND WHICH THY FATHERS POSSESSED, and thou shalt possess it; and he will do thee good, and multiply thee above thy fathers. [6] And the Lord THY GOD WILL CIRCUMCISE THINE HEART, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live. [7] And the Lord thy God will put all these curses upon thine enemies, and on them that hate thee, which persecuted thee. [8] And THOU SHALT RETURN AND OBEY THE VOICE OF THE LORD, AND DO ALL HIS COMMANDMENTS which I command thee this day.

After the gathering {in the twinkling of an eye} to the kingdom rest. Its then the law will be written on our hearts and we will obey.

Blog Entries

What Law are we talking about here? God says "my Law"
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

The New Covenant began with Christ. The Lord came to establish the new covenant with Israel. God then used Israel as his messengers to the nations.

"But he answered and said, 'I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.' "—Mathew 15:24

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    The New Covenant began with Christ.
    The new covenant is all about the blood of Christ. This covenant did begin with Christ. The covenant found in Hebrews 8 has not yet begun.

ZECH.9 [9] Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, THY KING COMETH UNTO THEE: HE IS JUST, AND HAVING SALVATION; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.[10] And I will cut off the chariot from Ephraim, and the horse from Jerusalem, and the battle bow shall be cut off: and he shall speak peace unto the heathen: and his dominion shall be from sea even to sea, and from river even to the ends of the earth.[11] As for thee also, BY THE BLOOD OF THY COVENANT I have sent forth thy prisoners out of the pit wherein is no water

Verse 9 definately prophecies of the coming Jesus. Verse 11, Jesus is called the blood of thy covenant

HEBREWS 12 [23] To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,[24] And to Jesus THE MEDIATOR OF THE NEW COVENANT, AND TO THE BLOOD of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

New covenant...blood

LUKE 22 [19] And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. [20] Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, THIS CUP IS THE NEW TESTAMENT IN MY BLOOD, which is shed for you.

New testament...blood

HEBREWS 9 [1] Then verily THE FIRST COVENANT HAD ALSO ORDINANCES of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary. [9] Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;[10] WHICH STOOD ONLY IN MEATS AND DRINKS, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.[12] NEITHER BY THE BLOOD OF GOATS AND CALVES, BUT BY HIS OWN BLOOD he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

old covenant...blood of goats.....The meat and drink offerings ...... fulfilled in Christ

HEBREWS [4] FOR IT IS NOT POSSIBLE THAT THE BLOOD OF BULLS AND OF GOATS SHOULD TAKE AWAY SINS.[5] Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:[6] In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.[7] Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.[8] Above when he said, sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;[9] Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. HE TAKETH AWAY THE FIRST, THAT HE MAY ESTABLISH THE SECOND.

He taketh away the first {covenant}, that he may establish the second.

JOHN 6 [53] [54] Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. [55] For MY FLESH IS MEAT INDEED, and MY BLOOD IS DRINK INDEED.

And theres the 2nd

HEBREWS 8 [8] For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant

The days are coming when the covenant found in Hebrews 8 will come to pass. It aint here yet.

It came to pass here:

Matthew 26:27 "And Jesus took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. "

Hebrews 10:16 "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin. Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh"

John 2:19 "Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? But he spake of the temple of his body. "

It is seen in effect here:

II Corinthians 6:16 "ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. "

John 4:12 "God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us. Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit. And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world. Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. "

Acts 2:36 "Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call. "

Hebrews 9:14 "the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance."

HEBREWS 8 [8] For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant

The days are coming when the covenant found in Hebrews 8 will come to pass. It aint here yet.
    I agree with this, to a certain extent.

The days are coming and "aint here yet"; only for the unredeemed, non-Christian.

For everyone that has been bought with a price, of the blood of Jesus Christ, the New Covenant has been in effect for 2000 years.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by David Taylor View Post
    I agree with this, to a certain extent.

The days are coming and "aint here yet"; only for the unredeemed, non-Christian.

For everyone that has been bought with a price, of the blood of Jesus Christ, the New Covenant has been in effect for 2000 years.
    Good point. A tremendous and empowering blessing of the New Covenant is to cleanse those in Christ who are born from above and free us from our sin nature (aka the old man).

It is quite surprising that men and women, schooled in language, can say that a sentence or concept transmitted by language, does not mean what it says. All the more surpising is it when this sentence or concept is believed by these people to be inspired by none other than the Almighty. In this thread one has;
    1. Christians claiming to be the House of Israel and and the House of Judah
    2. Christians claiming that the prophecy of Jeremiah's 31st, to be directed at the Church when other scriptures like Ephesians 3:5 and 9 pointedly say that the Church was not revealed to the prophets of old
    3. Christians claiming to be part of a Covenant made between God and the persecutors of the Church (Acts 8:1, 11:19, 13:50)
    4. Christians claiming to be Israel who are "... blind" (Rom.11:25)
    5. Christians claiming that they will be "blind" until the fullness of the Gentiles comes in (Rom.11:25)
    6. Christians claiming to be "Jacob" (for Israel came from his loins), instead of sons of the living God
    7. Christians who, calling themselves Israel, are "enemies of the gospel" (Rom.11:28)
    8. Christians, who through faith in Christ, now claim to be in "unbelief" - for this is Israel's condition (Rom.11.32)
    9. Christians who claim to be Israel whom "... God hath concluded them all in unbelief" (Rom.11:32)

The question to be asked by every Christian who claims to be an Israelite from either the ten northern Tribes (Israel), or the two southern Tribes (Judah), is ...
    1. Which Tribe do I belong to? Are you a Levite for Temple service, or, maybe of the house of Zadok that claims the High-Priesthood
    2. What day was the Covenant MADE since it is still future in Hebrews (ca. 67 AD)?
    3. Why do I need God's Laws when they were nailed to the cross of Christ for me?
    4. Why do I need God's Laws when I have the imputed righteousness of Christ Who is the only Man who fulfilled God's Laws?
    5. Why do I need God's Laws written on my heart when the very Christ of God dwells in my spirit?
    6. Why do I need God's Laws written on my heart when God, as a solution to His Law's that could not be kept, FREED ME by the "Law of Life in Christ Jesus"?
    7. Why do I need God's Laws when the Temple is an integral part of these Laws and there is no Temple - nor has been for the bulk of this age?
    8. Why do I need God's Laws which dictate what I may eat when forbidding foods for a Christian is a doctrine of demons (1st Tim.4:1-5)?
    9. Why do I need God's Laws which dictate the death penalty when I must forgive and turn the other cheek?

Or does Jeremiah address the House of Israel whose fathers (plural) came out of Egypt and NOT the Church whose Father (singular) is God (Jn.1:12-13)? Or does Jeremiah address a replacement Covenant of God's Laws that is given because the first Covenant of Law was miserably broken on the slope of Horeb when there was still 1,500 years before the Church started?

As I say, I'm surprised that Christians can make such wild claims. I would venture that it borders on the incoherent.

Quote Originally Posted by Walls View Post
    It is quite surprising that men and women, schooled in language, can say that a sentence or concept transmitted by language, does not mean what it says. All the more surpising is it when this sentence or concept is believed by these people to be inspired by none other than the Almighty. In this thread one has;
    1. Christians claiming to be the House of Israel and and the House of Judah
    2. Christians claiming that the prophecy of Jeremiah's 31st, to be directed at the Church when other scriptures like Ephesians 3:5 and 9 pointedly say that the Church was not revealed to the prophets of old
    3. Christians claiming to be part of a Covenant made between God and the persecutors of the Church (Acts 8:1, 11:19, 13:50)
    4. Christians claiming to be Israel who are "... blind" (Rom.11:25)
    5. Christians claiming that they will be "blind" until the fullness of the Gentiles comes in (Rom.11:25)
    6. Christians claiming to be "Jacob" (for Israel came from his loins), instead of sons of the living God
    7. Christians who, calling themselves Israel, are "enemies of the gospel" (Rom.11:28)
    8. Christians, who through faith in Christ, now claim to be in "unbelief" - for this is Israel's condition (Rom.11.32)
    9. Christians who claim to be Israel whom "... God hath concluded them all in unbelief" (Rom.11:32)

The question to be asked by every Christian who claims to be an Israelite from either the ten northern Tribes (Israel), or the two southern Tribes (Judah), is ...
    1. Which Tribe do I belong to? Are you a Levite for Temple service, or, maybe of the house of Zadok that claims the High-Priesthood
    2. What day was the Covenant MADE since it is still future in Hebrews (ca. 67 AD)?
    3. Why do I need God's Laws when they were nailed to the cross of Christ for me?
    4. Why do I need God's Laws when I have the imputed righteousness of Christ Who is the only Man who fulfilled God's Laws?
    5. Why do I need God's Laws written on my heart when the very Christ of God dwells in my spirit?
    6. Why do I need God's Laws written on my heart when God, as a solution to His Law's that could not be kept, FREED ME by the "Law of Life in Christ Jesus"?
    7. Why do I need God's Laws when the Temple is an integral part of these Laws and there is no Temple - nor has been for the bulk of this age?
    8. Why do I need God's Laws which dictate what I may eat when forbidding foods for a Christian is a doctrine of demons (1st Tim.4:1-5)?
    9. Why do I need God's Laws which dictate the death penalty when I must forgive and turn the other cheek?

Or does Jeremiah address the House of Israel whose fathers (plural) came out of Egypt and NOT the Church whose Father (singular) is God (Jn.1:12-13)? Or does Jeremiah address a replacement Covenant of God's Laws that is given because the first Covenant of Law was miserably broken on the slope of Horeb when there was still 1,500 years before the Church started?

As I say, I'm surprised that Christians can make such wild claims. I would venture that it borders on the incoherent.
    Your who arguement above is flawed.

You assume other people are creating groups like ('israleites' and 'christians' and then forcing those groups, to behave the way 'you' think they should behave; and then applying that premise to the arguement above.

Those who disagree with you, disagree with your premisses to begin with.

Those who disagree with you, believe that God created all mankind. every human being.

Those human beings that faithfully believe and follow Him, regardless of their birthdate, regardless of their daddy or granddaddy, regardless of their ethnic or national heritage.....

All those human beings are God's and are the entire point of the New Covenant in Christ's blood, shed at Calvary.

Until you stop dicing, segregating, diving, God's faithful people in to groups; and forcing them and their scriptures against one another; you will not see the unity and transcendence of Calvary; to all the promises of God, to the entire people of Faith.

You are constantly tripping yourself on your force divisions of words like 'Israel', 'Church', etc.... and are missing the big picture, that brings all of them together in unity, into one family of God; which all the promises are fulfilled in.

Paul makes it abudantly clear here; not a 'church group', not a 'israel group', not a 'us vs them' mentality that you constantly fight and use the scriptures to attempt to prop up; but ONE GROUP.

Ephesians 2:13 "in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: In whom ye also are builded together

God has joined us and the prophets together in one body in Christ; there is no argument. If you want to argue, and divide, and keep separate what God has joined into one, time for a self-check.

Thread Information