Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2W, time of Gentiles, reign of beast, woman protect from serpent occur at same time

Blog Entries

Re: 2W, time of Gentiles, reign of beast, woman protect from serpent occur at same ti

Quote Originally Posted by Walls View Post
    You objected to the thesis that the 1260 days, 42 months and a time, times and half a time were not the same event. You used an "assumption" that the Roman Calendar is used. But you did not give an exposition on what they were.
    No I didn't use that assumption about which calendar. There isn't a calendar in use which has 30 day months. The closest was the Greek, but they had an intercalary month every couple or three years.
    However it is also logical that as the angel spoke specifically about 1290 days and 1335 days that if the x,xs,/x was meant to be 1260 days then he would have said that.
    It makes far more sense to take the words as stated meaning they are periods of time.

However, I accept your statement;
    OK.

Consider this:
    1. Does not the Bible use the Hebrew Calendar with its full moon cycle - 28 days of moonlight and the 2 days of darkness when the moon is "new"? This equals 30 days, and 42 months of 30 days gives 1260 days.
    2. If 12 months make the year, the a "time" would be 12 months + "times" would be 24 months + "half a time" would be 6 months. 12+24+6 = 42 months.

Let's consider this then:
    1) Nope. Nowhere do we find this is the Hebrew Calendar. The Hebrew calendar has 29 days and 30 days long months and have an intercalary month every now and again to balance it out.
    2) A Year would be called a Year. Just as a day was called a day. A time IS a time referring to a period of time. I had wondered if it could be a season, but the we have this:
    Dan 7:12* As for the rest of the beasts, their dominion was taken away, but their lives were prolonged for a season and a time.

Now here we have a usage of time and it connects the "time" here with the MK - IOW a "time" in this sense is a thousand years, while the season lasts this long:
    Rev 20:7* And when the thousand years are ended, Satan will be released from his prison*
    Rev 20:8* and will come out to deceive the nations that are at the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them for battle; their number is like the sand of the sea.*
    Rev 20:9* And they marched up over the broad plain of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city, but fire came down from heaven and consumed them,*

So a time seems to connect mostly to the length of a kingdom or period, while a season is shorter.

This is why the angel did not say it will be 1260 days and 1290 days and 1335 days. Nor did he say it will be 1 year and two years and half a year.
    1 times itself is still 1.

Then, is it not obvious that in Revelation 12:6-14, the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days, and this SAME WOMAN in verse 14, were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent. SAME WOMAN - SAME EVENT - SAME TIME

What shall we say?
    There are two questions in your link to the Revelation woman.
    The first is whether because the same phrase is used it is speaking of the same event.
    The second is whether the sign in the first verses is speaking of the same time in the latter part of the chapter.

In answer I would say there is a link but it is not the same event. Partly because Dan 11 and 12 are completely fulfilled so we don't need to look for a future fulfillment, partly because in Dan 12 the "woman" is undergoing tribulation by the beast, but in Rev 12 she is removed from the beast.

However also in answer I don't believe that the sign in Rev 12 is the same as the latter part of that same chapter.
    That though requires its own thread.

Re: 2W, time of Gentiles, reign of beast, woman protect from serpent occur at same ti

Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post
    No I didn't use that assumption about which calendar. There isn't a calendar in use which has 30 day months. The closest was the Greek, but they had an intercalary month every couple or three years.
    However it is also logical that as the angel spoke specifically about 1290 days and 1335 days that if the x,xs,/x was meant to be 1260 days then he would have said that.
    It makes far more sense to take the words as stated meaning they are periods of time.

OK.

[/LIST]
    Let's consider this then:
    1) Nope. Nowhere do we find this is the Hebrew Calendar. The Hebrew calendar has 29 days and 30 days long months and have an intercalary month every now and again to balance it out.
    2) A Year would be called a Year. Just as a day was called a day. A time IS a time referring to a period of time. I had wondered if it could be a season, but the we have this:
    Dan 7:12* As for the rest of the beasts, their dominion was taken away, but their lives were prolonged for a season and a time.

Now here we have a usage of time and it connects the "time" here with the MK - IOW a "time" in this sense is a thousand years, while the season lasts this long:
    Rev 20:7* And when the thousand years are ended, Satan will be released from his prison*
    Rev 20:8* and will come out to deceive the nations that are at the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them for battle; their number is like the sand of the sea.*
    Rev 20:9* And they marched up over the broad plain of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city, but fire came down from heaven and consumed them,*

So a time seems to connect mostly to the length of a kingdom or period, while a season is shorter.

This is why the angel did not say it will be 1260 days and 1290 days and 1335 days. Nor did he say it will be 1 year and two years and half a year.
    1 times itself is still 1.

There are two questions in your link to the Revelation woman.
    The first is whether because the same phrase is used it is speaking of the same event.
    The second is whether the sign in the first verses is speaking of the same time in the latter part of the chapter.

In answer I would say there is a link but it is not the same event. Partly because Dan 11 and 12 are completely fulfilled so we don't need to look for a future fulfillment, partly because in Dan 12 the "woman" is undergoing tribulation by the beast, but in Rev 12 she is removed from the beast.

However also in answer I don't believe that the sign in Rev 12 is the same as the latter part of that same chapter.
    That though requires its own thread.
    Thank you for your answer. God bless.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    Rev 11
    2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Rev 11
    3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

Rev 12
    14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

Rev13
    5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

And then would not these times also parallel the times in Danial 12? With all these thing above occurring at the same time within the 1260/1290 days below??

Dan 12
    7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.

Dan 12
    11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.
    the following is my opinion & I don't set a date for Christ's return.

The 1290 days has a double meaning. It actually is the exact 'middle of 7 years' (meaning you can actually divide up the 7 years using 1290 days, the middle of which seems to happen at Halloween 2021), but the locusts that 'cut off the sacrifices' (Joel 1:4-9) (Trumpets 1-5, the 5th Trumpet's locusts) timeline is independent of that middle.

the 2 witnesses 1260 days occurs on the 2nd half of the 7 years. Put another way, the 1260 days of witnessing is independent of the beast's allotment, because there are 2 beasts (7th & 8th head of Satan). The 7th head dies while the 2nd half is going on.

merged tables.pdf

Thread Information