Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Starting over?

Blog Entries

Re: Starting over?

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    I'm happy that the forum is back up again. Losing a few threads and posts isn't the end of the world. If the issues were worth going over once they're worth another go 'round.
    Nicely said Brain.

Seen this happen many times on many boards, we got lucky, usually it’s everything gone.
    “A” cannot be “A” & not “A” at the same time.

מקום כניעה סך הכל

Quote Originally Posted by Old man View Post
    A technical difficulty has arisen and has reset the site to Nov 27 backup. Don't have any information on how it happened or whether we can get the lost threads and posts back. But we will start a new thread about the Great H. But we'll have to start with all new posts since the thread and all previous posts are not available.

I'll start it when I get home in a couple of hours.
    Maybe you guys can backup every two weeks from now on, just in case. But late November isn't that far back either.

Quote Originally Posted by DurbanDude View Post
    Maybe you guys can backup every two weeks from now on, just in case. But late November isn't that far back either.
    Oh no. I recently lost everything on my computer--valuable stuff, personal business, mementos, and I had no backup. Oh well. I don't have it as bad as my friend's brother who used to live in Paradise, CA. Most of the city burned down, as well as his house. Everything's gone. But they have their lives. Ultimately, there's a parable in this somewhere....

A technical difficulty has arisen and has reset the site to Nov 27 backup. Don't have any information on how it happened or whether we can get the lost threads and posts back. But we will start a new thread about the Great H. But we'll have to start with all new posts since the thread and all previous posts are not available.

I'll start it when I get home in a couple of hours.
    Ok I will wait for you to start it. Does this mean that all the people who signed up after November won't be able to log in anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by kyCyd View Post
    Ok I will wait for you to start it. Does this mean that all the people who signed up after November won't be able to log in anymore?
    Don't know the full extent of how much was lost. We are trying to find out. If those who signed on after Nov. have lost their accounts they should be able to start a new one.
    "He's wild, you know. Not like a tame lion."
    C.S. Lewis, "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe."

"Oh, but sometimes the sun stays hidden for years"
    "Sometimes the sky rains night after night, When will it clear?"

"But our Hope endures the worst of conditions"
    "It's more than our optimism, Let the earth quake"
    "Our Hope is unchanged"
    "Our Hope Endures" Natalie Grant

Don't know the full extent of how much was lost. We are trying to find out. If those who signed on after Nov. have lost their accounts they should be able to start a new one.
    I'm having trouble doing any editing too. One of my recent posts posted double, and I can't seem to correct it.

Blog Entries

Yep I can't edit either.
    여러분은 주님 안에서 항상 기뻐하십시오. 내가 다시 말합니다. 기뻐하십시오.
    모든 사람을 너그럽게 대하십시오. 주님께서 오실 날이 가까웠습니다. Philippians 4

Quote Originally Posted by Aviyah View Post
    Yep I can't edit either.
    I think things are gradually coming back. Somebody seems to be working on it...

Maybe not. I still can't edit.

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    I think things are gradually coming back. Somebody seems to be working on it...

Maybe not. I still can't edit.
    Yes someone is working on it. Though there are many kinks needing to be worked out. It will take a little time to get it all put back together properly. But you're right. progress is being made.
    "He's wild, you know. Not like a tame lion."
    C.S. Lewis, "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe."

"Oh, but sometimes the sun stays hidden for years"
    "Sometimes the sky rains night after night, When will it clear?"

"But our Hope endures the worst of conditions"
    "It's more than our optimism, Let the earth quake"
    "Our Hope is unchanged"
    "Our Hope Endures" Natalie Grant

Quote Originally Posted by Jude View Post
    Or verses like this..

Jeremiah 10:2 Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen,
    Hebrew actually says "the nations" not "the heathen". Only the KJV translates it this way. Looks like they took a little too much creative liberty if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    Hebrew actually says "the nations" not "the heathen". Only the KJV translates it this way. Looks like they took a little too much creative liberty if you ask me.
    There is the insinuation that the nations were basically *pagans.* That is largely the point under the Covenant of Law. The Hebrews lived under God's Law, and the nations lived as pagans. It was a negative, but not an insult. They simply didn't believe because they lacked knowledge.

There is the insinuation that the nations were basically *pagans.*
    That may or may not be true. It's still a bad translation and it's limited to the KJV.

Chapter also has a strong ending

Pour out Your wrath upon the nations that do not know You and upon the families that have not called in Your name, for they have devoured Jacob and consumed him and destroyed him

Which is read on Passover during the Seder.

Editing is broken, but the last verse of the chapter implies that God should punish the nations not because they're "pagan", but because how they've treated the Jews (really crappy, even the ones that aren't "pagan".)

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    Editing is broken, but the last verse of the chapter implies that God should punish the nations not because they're "pagan", but because how they've treated the Jews (really crappy, even the ones that aren't "pagan".)
    Well, I've heard that God will punish the nations for their cruel treatment of the Jewish People. But I've not heard that the nations can escape judgment, despite the fact they're pagan? Really? You really believe that?

The whole problem with paganism, and the reason Israel was separated from it, is because the lack of knowledge about God leads men towards wickedness. Without a heavenly "coaxing," we gravitate towards our lower nature, and end up extremely selfish, and rude towards others. Ultimately, there are crimes, and judgment has to come, both from human government and also from heavenly government. Don't you agree?

Well, I've heard that God will punish the nations for their cruel treatment of the Jewish People. But I've not heard that the nations can escape judgment, despite the fact they're pagan? Really? You really believe that?
    To an extent, yes.
    The whole problem with paganism, and the reason Israel was separated from it, is because the lack of knowledge about God leads men towards wickedness.
    Israel was separated from paganism because it was a sin for Jews to worship idols. The pagan nations, that didn't know any better? Held to a lower standard.
    Without a heavenly "coaxing," we gravitate towards our lower nature, and end up extremely selfish, and rude towards others. Ultimately, there are crimes, and judgment has to come, both from human government and also from heavenly government. Don't you agree?
    Being selfish and rude isn't a crime. How that nations treat the Jews? Yeah that's criminal.

Thread Information