Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Habakkuk's End Time Word

Blog Entries

Re: Habakkuk's End Time Word

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post
    I would agree. I have read, for what it’s worth, that a CME will cook certain grid substructure ( can’t remember the name ) that can take a year to replace. But cook like fire most of the planet? No, I don’t see this in the science. Nor do I see it spelled out in Scripture.
    I agree. Nothing in Scripture even remotely indicates that our sun will be the cause of anything, much less the melting of people like Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Also, technology has advanced since all these scenario's were propogated. One solution for temporary grid loss are products from companies like SEL, who can rapidly restore damaged power grids rapidly with their equipment. Actually they do it all the time, not because of CME's but because of hurricanes, fire, terrorism (they are global), etc.

In the last 30 years, power has become exponentially more reliable, safer and outages have become relatively rare and a lot more localized.

The people who tout all this disaster from power disruption are not acknowledging the advancement of technology.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Blog Entries

The people who deny any future catastrophe, choose to ignore what God has told us, thru His Prophets, what will happen. To their detriment and eventual disgrace.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    The people who deny any future catastrophe, choose to ignore what God has told us, thru His Prophets, what will happen. To their detriment and disgrace.
    No one is denying what the Bible says Keraz.

What is disgraceful is your demands that your interpretations, bad science and additions to Scripture is Holy Writ.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    No one is denying what the Bible says Keraz.

What is disgraceful is your demands that your interpretations, bad science and additions to Scripture is Holy Writ.
    Your personal attacks would be a puzzle to me, but I know that they are driven by how I have destroyed the 'rapture to heaven' theory in my earlier posts.
    This is a very hard thing for you to accept and in fact you have been locked into believing that false teaching.
    Therefore your only recourse is to reject anything I post and to denigrate me as much as possible. Even though the truth of God using the sun to fulfill His Day of fiery wrath is a credible explanation.

The other members of this forum also have something to answer for, as their silence is deafening!
    Comments from Fenris are good for a laugh; now we know why there are so many Jewish comedians!

Blog Entries

Your personal attacks would be a puzzle to me, but I know that they are driven by how I have destroyed the 'rapture to heaven' theory in my earlier posts.
    This is a very hard thing for you to accept and in fact you have been locked into believing that false teaching.
    Therefore your only recourse is to reject anything I post and to denigrate me as much as possible. Even though the truth of God using the sun to fulfill His Day of fiery wrath is a credible explanation.

The other members of this forum also have something to answer for, as their silence is deafening!
    Most who dont agree with you just dont bother to say so due to the aggressive nature of your responses and accusations that anyone who challenges your theories reject Scripture. Thats the truth of the matter.

Isaiah 30 has nothing to do with the sun or CMEs. Isaiah in 30 is speaking metaphorically Just like John in Revelation 21:23. They both are magnifying the Lords Glory over the natural light of His creation. The light of the Lord (righteousness) will outshine the sun and the moon sevenfold in those days according to Isaiah, and that is what will be revealed. Its awesome. That is a good thing, not destruction. The surrounding portion affirms the context of the light being the Lord, not a CME.

Blog Entries

Isaiah 30 has nothing to do with the sun or CME’s. Isaiah in 30 is speaking metaphorically Just like John in Revelation 21:23. They both are magnifying the Lords Glory over the natural light of His creation. The light of the Lord (righteousness) will outshine the sun and the moon sevenfold in those days according to Isaiah, and that is what will be revealed. It’s awesome. That is a good thing, not destruction. The surrounding portion affirms the context of the light being the Lord, not a “CME.”
    You're dreaming! The great and terrible Day of the Lord's fiery wrath will not be a good thing for our civilization.
    It seems that you confuse the Day of wrath with the glorious Return. They are separate Days, years apart.

Isaiah chapter 30 in a chronological order:
    Disaster will come to My people, those rebellious children of Israel. They scheme and make plans, but without My consent or approval, they just continue to pile sin upon sin. Instead of relying on their Maker for strength, they look for protection from foreign nations, where they will find neither help nor profit; only humiliation and contempt.

Now: write down this testimony, so it can be read in future days. My people are a race of rebels, disloyal children who refuse to heed the Lord’s instructions. They say to their wise councilors: Do not give us the truth of how we should live, we just want smooth words and illusory visions. We will go our own way and forget the Holy One of Israel.
    Therefore the Lord says: You have rejected this warning and put your trust in unrighteous practices, so your iniquity will make you come crashing down, you will be smashed like a clay jar into small fragments. The Lord says: In calm detachment lies your safety, your strength in quiet trust. But you would have none of it. No, you said, we will rely on our own strength to save us, therefore you will be put to flight – you will face disaster and be left alone like a signal post on a hill.

The Lord will make His voice heard in majesty, His arm will descend in His fierce anger with devouring flames of fire amid hurricane winds and cloudbursts of rain. On every hill, water will flow, on the terrible Day of massacre, when all military strength will be destroyed. On that Day, the moon will shine as brightly as the sun and the sun will shine with seven times its normal strength. The Lord Himself will bring on this judgement, with His anger blazing and His doom heavy. A devouring fire will devastate the nations, His enemies will be as ashes in the fire pit.

On that Day, the Lord will heal His righteous people and will recompense them for the punishment of exile that He had inflicted on them. For them, there will be songs of joy and gladness of heart as at a pilgrim feast, as they march on their way to the holy Land. If you stray from the path, you will hear a Voice from behind you saying: This is the way, follow it. People of Israel, mourn no more, for the Lord will show you favour when He hears your cry for help. He may have given you adversity and affliction, but He who teaches you will no longer keep out of sight and with your own eyes, you will see Him. Your God will give you a clean heart and you will despise those things you once revered, your idols will be treated as filth.
    The Lord will give rain in due season, the Land will produce heavy crops and your livestock will prosper as you live in your heritage once more, in peace and security.

Ref: REB abridged and paraphrased.

The sun will shine with seven times its normal strength… This is undeniably a Coronal Mass Ejection; an explosion of the sun of unprecedented size, aimed at the earth. Deut. 32:34-35, Malachi 4:1 & 3, 2 Peter 3:7, Jeremiah 30:23-24, Isaiah 66:15-16

You will see your teacher… Jesus is our Teacher, Matthew 23:10. But do not think that this prophecy happens at the Return, because we are told several times that the Lord will reveal Himself to His people first. Isaiah 12:6, Isaiah 24:23, Isa. 60:2, Jeremiah 31:1-3, 2 Thess. 1:10 The Lamb of God will be seen on Mt Zion, when He selects the 144,000 who will go out to preach the coming Kingdom of Jesus. Rev. 14:1-7

Blog Entries

Now you claim the sun will explode but claim Im dreaming?

This is why few posters here even bother to interact with you.

Virtually ALL theologians disagree with your Isaiah 30 interpretation. But they are all wrong of course.

So I get it; in your mind you alone are right and everyone else rejects Scripture.

Blog Entries

Now you claim the sun will explode but claim I’m dreaming?

This is why few posters here even bother to interact with you.

Virtually ALL theologians disagree with your Isaiah 30 interpretation. But they are all wrong of course.

So I get it; in your mind you alone are right and everyone else rejects Scripture.
    Believing the professors and commentators on Bible prophecy, is a path of total confusion, as each one has a different opinion.

Isaiah 30:26a Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days.....
    This is a plain statement about well known objects. It isn't an allegory or symbolic of anything else, it prophesies a future event, where the sun will suddenly become extremely brighter and therefore hotter; seven times ambient temperature equals about 250f, the heat required to cook food. It WILL happen!

BTW, thanks for your interaction; gives me a better opportunity to present the truth.

The use of 'sevenfold' should probably be a clue to metaphorical language.
    Do not say, Why were the old days better than these? For it is not wise to ask such questions.
    Ecc 7:10

John777 exists to me only in quoted form.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by teddyv View Post
    The use of 'sevenfold' should probably be a clue to metaphorical language.
    I agree. This was good. Matthew Henry on Isaiah 30

https://www.christianity.com/bible/c...=mhc&b=23&c=30
    A cannot be A & not A at the same time

Blog Entries

Believing the professors and commentators on Bible prophecy, is a path of total confusion, as each one has a different opinion.
    That's not true. All theologians present Isaiah 30 as a metaphor and interpret it the same. Isaiah 30 has all the classic Hebrew markers of metaphor "God's light is sevenfold sunlight and Moonlight." This is classic Hebrew that goes all the way back to Genesis and all the way forward to Revelation. It has nothing to do with our natural sun getting brighter. It's your interpretation that deviates from all the others.

Isaiah 30:26a Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days.....
    This is a plain statement about well known objects. It isn't an allegory or symbolic of anything else, it prophesies a future event, where the sun will suddenly become extremely brighter and therefore hotter; seven times ambient temperature equals about 250f, the heat required to cook food. It WILL happen!
    Yes, it is an allegory. "Sevenfold" is always read as a allegory in the Bible. Furthermore, and I know it's getting tiresome, but every single credible astrophysicist will disagree that a CME can have the effect you're claiming.

So now we have two claims - 1. that you alone are the correct interpreter of Isaiah 30, and all the theologians are wrong. 2. that you alone understand the physics of CME's all the scientists are wrong.

Do you realize how arrogant that sounds? You are a master theologian who dispels all the rest of them + you are a master scientist who knows more than all the astrophysicists? Do you even have a degree in this vocation?
    BTW, thanks for your interaction; gives me a better opportunity to present the truth.
    And thank you for allowing me to debunk your theory.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post
    I agree. This was good. Matthew Henry on Isaiah 30

https://www.christianity.com/bible/c...=mhc&b=23&c=30
    That was good. I also like James Coffman on that particular portion:

HAPPY CONDITIONS IN THE GOLDEN AGE

"And he will give the rain for thy seed, wherewith thou shalt sow the ground; and bread of the increase of the ground, and it shall be fat and plenteous. In that day shall thy cattle feed in large pastures; the oxen likewise and the young asses that till the ground shall eat savory provender, which hath been winnowed with the shovel and with the fork. And there shall be upon every lofty mountain, and upon every high hill, brooks and streams of water, in the day of the great slaughter, when the towers fall. Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be seven-fold, as the light of seven days, in the day that Jehovah bindeth up the hurt of his people, and health the stroke of their wound."

This is an agricultural metaphor of very extravagant promises of God's blessings; "But we must understand that this language prefigures the glorious blessings in Christ (Ephesians 3:19; Colossians 2:8-10)."[22] Yes indeed, it also refers to marvelous blessings to Israel after the return from Babylonian captivity; but the continued rebellion of Israel prevented the full blessings God intended for Israel after their return. God had promised to bless Israel "above the blessings upon their fathers" (Deuteronomy 30:5) and that he would do more for them than at their "beginning" (Ezekiel 36:11); but it seems never to have occurred to Israel that these blessings were contingent, absolutely, upon their fidelity to God and upon their honoring and abiding by the teachings of his word. Even today, many Christian people are making the same tragic mistake, prattling about salvation "by faith alone." Israel tried that method and it didn't work. Neither will it work now (James 2:24). Even as late as the days of Malachi, God said that he would "open the windows of heaven and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it" (Malachi 3:10); but Israel continually forfeited such blessings by their rebellions.

The thing that destroyed Israel was their blind and foolish appropriation of God's most sacred promises without regard to the contingency, existing always, whether stated or not, that the blessings will be received only by the obedient! One of the most important passages in all the Word of God is this:

"At what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up and to break down and to destroy it; if that nation, concerning which I have spoken, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them. And at what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant it; if they do that which is evil in my sight, that they obey not my voice, then I will repent of the good, wherewith I said I would benefit them" (Jeremiah 18:7-10).

"That these verses (Isaiah 30:23-26) refer to the times of the Messiah there can be little or no room to doubt. It is language which Isaiah commonly employed to describe those times; and there is a fullness and splendor about it that can suit no other period."

Blog Entries

The Effects of a hit by a Coronal Mass Ejection:
    Zephaniah 2:4 Gaza will be deserted, Ashkelon and Ashdod left a waste, their people gone at noonday.
    Amos 1:7-8 I shall send fire to consume the houses of Gaza and I shall wipe out the inhabitants of Ashdod and Ekron and all the Philistines who are left will perish.
    These prophecies tell us that at ‘noonday’, the Lord will ‘send fire’ upon the coastal cities of Gaza and Israel. Other prophecies say how all the Middle East will be severely affected:
    Ezekiel 30:1-5...Cush, Put, Libya, Egypt and all the allied Arab lands will fall on the Lord’s Day of Reckoning for the nations.

Jeremiah 49:2 The time is coming when Ammon [Jordan] will become a desolate mound, their villages burnt to ashes.

Amos 2:4-5 For the crimes of Judah, [the State of Israel] there will be no reprieve. I shall send fire on Judah, to consume the palaces of Jerusalem.

From many other prophecies, we know that this terrible fire judgement will be triggered by the commencement of an attack by an Ishmaelite confederation upon Israel: Psalms 83, Psalms 7:12-15, Obadiah 1:15, Habakkuk 3:14.

However the Coronal Mass Ejection, as we are told: Isaiah 30:26, that the Lord will use on that Day, will affect all the world to a greater or lesser extent:
    2 Peter 3:7 & 10...all the earth will be brought to judgement. Isaiah 66:15-17 The Lord will judge with fire and will test all mankind. All the wicked will die.
    Zephaniah 3:8 On the Day I stand up and pour My wrath on the whole earth, it will be enveloped by My burning anger.

Isaiah 24:1 Be warned, the Lord is about to strip the earth... everyone will be affected.

Some factors to consider with a CME:
    1/ The earth’s rotation. We can see that this direct strike at mid-day onto the Middle East, will affect all that half of the earth facing the sun and as the earth rotates Eastward, the Americas will be next, then New Zealand, Australia, Asia, etc. This will be just a one Day event, because this mass of superheated cosmic particles will be travelling from 2 to 5 million miles per hour, in 24 hours, it will be gone, on its way to outer space.
    2/ The orbital speed around the sun. With an orbital speed of 66,000 miles per hour and the diameter of the earth of 7,900 miles, what will happen is the earth will quickly move away from this direct hit. The countries affected later will receive a glancing blow and it is this that actually pushes the earth and speeds up its orbit, thereby giving us a 360 day year, making the time periods given in Revelation and Daniel a reality. Isaiah 24:19-20
    3/ The earth’s precession. This is the wobble of the earth’s axis, that causes the seasons. Most of the earth’s population live in the Northern Hemisphere and it may be that this event will happen during their winter, because it seems that most will survive there.

Be aware that because of the severe earthquakes; the earth ‘reeling and shaking’, 2 Samuel 22:8, Isaiah 29:6, Haggai 2:21, Revelation 6:12, Amos 8:8 ‘The whole earth will surge and seethe like the Nile.’.. the oceans and lakes will slosh from side to side and huge tsunamis are prophesied. Jeremiah 51:42 So anyone living near a coast should be prepared to go quickly to high ground. But everyone should heed the warning and have a place prepared to take shelter from the extreme temperatures, storm winds and earthquakes.

Isaiah 14:24 & 26 ‘My plan for the whole world, will surely take place’. Ref: REB. Abridged.

Blog Entries

Please provide a credible source regarding CME's moving heaven and earth.

Because scientists disagree:

Worse case scenario for a massive CME:

A few power outages (there is a 3 day warning window).

Nothing else. Nada. Zip. Any speculation about further effects is pure fantasy and unscientific.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/scien...torm-25627394/

https://www.nasa.gov/content/goddard...-mass-ejection

https://deepblue.lib.umich.edu/bitst...pdf?sequence=2

https://solarscience.msfc.nasa.gov/CMEs.shtml

Furthermore, the 11 year solar cycle is winding down, it peaked in 2014. As we all know CME's are associated at solar maximum peaks.

Sorry, you missed your boat Karez.

https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/news/sun-s...number-updated

Blog Entries

So basically, Keck, you reject the Prophesies and 2 Peter 3:3-7 perfectly applies to you.

Nasa warns solar flares from 'huge space storm' will cause devastation

The earth could face widespread power blackouts and be left without critical communication signals for long periods of time, after the earth is hit by a once-in-a-generation “space storm”, Nasa has warned.
    National power grids could overheat and air travel severely disrupted while electronic items, navigation devices and major satellites could stop working if the sun exploded out a huge Coronal Mass Ejection.
    Senior space agency scientists believe the Earth will be hit with unprecedented levels of magnetic energy from solar flares if this CME should strike the earth.
    In a new warning, Nasa said the super storm would hit like “a bolt of lightning” and could cause catastrophic consequences for the world’s health, emergency services and national security unless precautions are taken.
    Scientists believe it could damage everything from emergency services’ systems, hospital equipment, banking systems and air traffic control devices, through to “everyday” items such as home computers, cell phone and GPS systems.
    Due to humans’ heavy reliance on electronic devices, which are sensitive to magnetic energy, the storm could leave a multi-billion dollar damage bill and potentially devastating problems for governments.

We know it is coming but we don’t know how bad it is going to be,” Dr Richard Fisher, the director of Nasa's Heliophysics division, [now retired] said in an interview.
    “It will disrupt communication devices such as satellites and car navigations, air travel, the banking system, our computers, everything that is electronic. It will cause major problems for the world. Large areas will be without electricity power and to repair that damage will be hard as that takes time.”
    Dr Fisher added: “Systems will just not work. The flares change the magnetic field on the earth rapidly and like a lightning bolt. That is the solar effect.”
    While scientists have previously told of the dangers of the storm, Dr Fisher’s comments are the most comprehensive warnings from Nasa to date. Dr Fisher, 69, said the storm, which will cause the Sun to reach temperatures of more than 10,000 F (5500C), occurred only a few times over a person’s life.
    Dr Fisher, a Nasa scientist for 20 years, said preparations were similar to those in a hurricane season, where authorities knew a problem was imminent but did not know how serious it would be.

“I think the issue is now that modern society is so dependant on electronics, mobile phones and satellites, much more so than the last time this occurred. There is a severe economic impact from this. We take it very seriously. The economic impact could be like a large, major hurricane or storm.”
    The National Academy of Sciences warned two years ago that power grids, GPS navigation, air travel, financial services and emergency radio communications could “all be knocked out by intense solar activity”.
    It warned a powerful solar storm could cause “twenty times more economic damage than Hurricane Katrina”. That storm devastated New Orleans in 2005 and left an estimated damage bill of more than $125bn
    Dr Fisher said precautions could be taken including creating back up systems for hospitals and power grids and allow development on satellite “safe modes”.
    “If you know that a hazard is coming … and you have time enough to prepare and take precautions, then you can avoid trouble,” he added.

Thread Information