Thread: who are the Chinese?

who are the Chinese?

most scholars agree that Magog is Russia as in Russians in general are descendants of Magog

Gen_10:2 The sons of Japheth; Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras.

but who are the Chinese/Mongolians from? and why aren't they mentioned in prophetic scripture or at the least paid any attention to if they are? in todays world being most likely the end they have become a major player and power.

Let there be Light

Re: who are the Chinese?

Quote Originally Posted by DPMartin View Post
    most scholars agree that Magog is Russia as in Russians in general are descendants of Magog

Gen_10:2 The sons of Japheth; Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras.

but who are the Chinese/Mongolians from? and why aren't they mentioned in prophetic scripture or at the least paid any attention to if they are? in todays world being most likely the end they have become a major player and power.
    Men tend to look at military and financial power. But the Bible looks at religion. A man may take some risks for money, and a man might die for his country. But what really counts is; "who has power over my eternal future?" If you look at the main religions of China, not one of them claim power over one's eternal future. They are all "self-help" and "self-improvement" religions. The religion of Babylon, on the other hand, addresses a string of gods that have power over men. They must be appeased. And whoever manages to convince the common man (or laity) that he has connections to these gods, has the undivided attention of that man. 1.3 billion Catholics will testify to this and buy an indulgence, and 1.5 billion Muslims wonder about paradise and the 70 virgins. That is the power to cause a man to cede his whole inheritance to the Church, or to strap on a bomb under his shirt. It is also the power that Abraham had to believe God's promises though he knew he would die before he gained them (Heb.11:13).

The men that play the main part in the Bible are those that can convince the laity to worship Satan - or for ever be lost. The main player in the Bible at the end of our age is Rome. But she is called "Mystery Babylon". See Revelation 13:4, 12-15 and 14:9-11.

Well I did a quick net search and watched a video that the guy said this is China in the Bible:
    Isaiah 49:12 Behold, these shall come from far: and, lo, these from the north and from the west; and these from the land of Sinim.

He said the way it is translated in the Chinese Bible all China people know it is referring to them. For myself, I haven't got a clue... your guess would be as good as mine.

Maybe they aren't going to be a major player in end times. I don't know if Russia is Magog or not, but they certainly could be. And they're involved in the middle east, and they side with Israel's foes.

Blog Entries

Found this, apologies for being a kids site, but the essence is there.

https://answersingenesis.org/kids/bi...ese-come-from/
    “A” cannot be “A” & not “A” at the same time.

מקום כניעה סך הכל

Blog Entries

They might be mentioned in Rev. 16:12 « ... that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared ». It says « kings », so not just China. In Isa. 49:12 it says « Behold, these shall come from far: and, lo, these from the north and from the west; and these from the land of Sinim ». This part of Scripture is about the end of this aion as well. Sinim isn't from the north (Russia) and not from the west (Greece etc.), so Sinim could be China.

Aristarkos

If you combine China and India you have about 1/3 of the world. These are the people God designed to be reached with the gospel, which largely developed in Europe, and now also in America. As Israel was given to branch out to Europe, so Europe was given to reach out to the non-Christian world. That has been happening. But I believe it will require Armageddon to break down the anti-Christian walls that have been erected to prevent Christianization and Westernization.

Quote Originally Posted by Walls View Post
    Men tend to look at military and financial power. But the Bible looks at religion. A man may take some risks for money, and a man might die for his country. But what really counts is; "who has power over my eternal future?" If you look at the main religions of China, not one of them claim power over one's eternal future. They are all "self-help" and "self-improvement" religions. The religion of Babylon, on the other hand, addresses a string of gods that have power over men. They must be appeased. And whoever manages to convince the common man (or laity) that he has connections to these gods, has the undivided attention of that man. 1.3 billion Catholics will testify to this and buy an indulgence, and 1.5 billion Muslims wonder about paradise and the 70 virgins. That is the power to cause a man to cede his whole inheritance to the Church, or to strap on a bomb under his shirt. It is also the power that Abraham had to believe God's promises though he knew he would die before he gained them (Heb.11:13).

The men that play the main part in the Bible are those that can convince the laity to worship Satan - or for ever be lost. The main player in the Bible at the end of our age is Rome. But she is called "Mystery Babylon". See Revelation 13:4, 12-15 and 14:9-11.
    what does any of this have to do with the OP?
    Let there be Light

Quote Originally Posted by kyCyd View Post
    Well I did a quick net search and watched a video that the guy said this is China in the Bible:
    Isaiah 49:12 Behold, these shall come from far: and, lo, these from the north and from the west; and these from the land of Sinim.

He said the way it is translated in the Chinese Bible all China people know it is referring to them. For myself, I haven't got a clue... your guess would be as good as mine.
    it wouldn't be that, the Lord speaks in reference to Israel or more specifically Jerusalem when it comes to north south and the like unless a prophet points out otherwise. the bible is written down by Israelites to Israelites with the exception of NT letters to gentile churches.

I'm not sure myself of who but its most likely in the verse posted in the OP.
    Let there be Light

Quote Originally Posted by Aristarkos View Post
    They might be mentioned in Rev. 16:12 « ... that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared ». It says « kings », so not just China. In Isa. 49:12 it says « Behold, these shall come from far: and, lo, these from the north and from the west; and these from the land of Sinim ». This part of Scripture is about the end of this aion as well. Sinim isn't from the north (Russia) and not from the west (Greece etc.), so Sinim could be China.

Aristarkos

well that seems to be the general consensuses but who as in Magog for example the Lord would refer to the Russians via the name of their patriarch if you will, which by the way shows us that the Lord God looks at us through the original seed. like as in all are born into sin via Adam.
    Let there be Light

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    If you combine China and India you have about 1/3 of the world. These are the people God designed to be reached with the gospel, which largely developed in Europe, and now also in America. As Israel was given to branch out to Europe, so Europe was given to reach out to the non-Christian world. That has been happening. But I believe it will require Armageddon to break down the anti-Christian walls that have been erected to prevent Christianization and Westernization.
    maybe you should get the facts straight first:

The Catholic Church in China (called "Religion of the Lord of Heaven", after the term for God traditionally used in Chinese by Catholics) has a long and complicated history. Christianity has existed in China in various forms since at least the Tang Dynasty in the 8th century AD.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_in_China
    Let there be Light

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post

thanks for the info, but I would take that with a grain of salt until its proven one way or the other as far as ham or gomer
    Let there be Light

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aristarkos View Post

Aristarkos

well that seems to be the general consensuses but who as in Magog for example the Lord would refer to the Russians via the name of their patriarch if you will, which by the way shows us that the Lord God looks at us through the original seed. like as in all are born into sin via Adam.
    It could be me, but I'm not quite sure what you mean, that's why I quoted both posts. Could you elaborate so I understand what you're saying?

Aristarkos

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post

That is one version but there are others. Here is one:

Who Are Gog and Magog in Prophecy? Turn again to the prophecy of Ezekiel 38 and 39. Notice the identity of Gog and Magog. Who are the people called "Gog" and Magog" ? Magog, rather than Gog, is mentioned in Genesis 10:2. Gog is apparently a tribal subdivision of Magog. In prophecy, Magog comes to great prominence in the West only in the latter days.

Here is what the JEWISH ENCYCLOPAEDIA says about Gog and Mogog: " . . .[a] wall [was] built by . . . (Alexander the Great) to shut them off from the rest of the world. . . . Geographically they represent the extreme northeast, and are placed on the borders of the sea that encircles the earth."

Notice what the unrivalled McCLINTOCK & STRONG ENCYCLOPAEDIA says about Gog and Magog: "According to Reinegge (DESCRIPT.OF THE CAUCASUS, ii, 79), some of the Caucasian people call their mountains Gog, and the highest northern points Magog" ---because the people of Magog once lived in these regions in Bible times ! "The arabians are of the opinion that the descendants of God and Magog inhabit the northern parts of Asia, beyond the Tartars and Sclavonians [or Russians], and they put Yajuj and Majuj always in conjunction, thereby indicating the extreme points in north and north-east of Asia" (from art. "Gog"). Some writers spell these Arabic words Yagog and Magog. Now to what people are these names referring? They dwell in the northern part of Asia, bordering on the ocean, and rise to prominence with the russians of Europe "in the latter days" (Ezek.38:8).

The Mongols and their Asiatic kinsmen! In fact, the proper spelling of "Mongol" is 'Mogol", obviously a slightly changed form of "Magog"! And in Asiatic Russia live the Yakuts---the Yagog of the Arab historians. Mongolia today is in the russian sphere of influence. The people of Mongolia, together with China, Manchuria, Korea and Japan, are all of this one great branch of mankind. A remnant of the people of Magog appear, with pigtails and yellow skin, on the Egyptian monuments. They were called Kheta by the Egyptians and Ketei by the Greeks. (See article "Hittites" in INTER.STAND.BIB.ENCY.)

When the Russians first met the Mongolians and Chinese they called them Khitai! Western Europeans used a similar word for China in the Middle Ages: Cathay (ENCY.BRIT., art. "China"). Here indeed is "Gog, of the land of Magog"…

The proceeding is from:
    THE ORIGIN OF THE RACES by Herman L. Hoeh
    John 15:17 "These things I command you, that ye love one another."

Quote Originally Posted by Walls View Post

what does any of this have to do with the OP?
    I understood you were seeking to find the Chinese a player in Biblical prophecy. If I missed the mark please accept my apologies.

Thread Information