Thread: Nadeen so afraid parents will learn of her conversion.

Blog Entries

Nadeen so afraid parents will learn of her conversion.

MOROCCAN BELIEVER: 'I AM SO AFRAID THAT MY PARENTS WILL FIND OUT'
    Nadeen* is a 21-year-old student from a Muslim family, who came to faith after meeting another Christian. When she first decided to follow Jesus, she told her family straight away. “My family was very angry with me, and my father beat me when he heard it,” she says.

So now, she pretends that she is still a Muslim. She wears a hijab, following the traditional interpretation of Islam of her parents. She doesn’t go to church on a Sunday. But she continues to follow Jesus in secret – despite the risks.

“I am so afraid that my parents will find out. My father would kill me," she says. For her, it's not just a turn of phrase - it's serious and a potential reality.

But she isn’t alone. Nadeen is connected to a little house church, and she is being discipled by the couple who lead it.

Thanks to your prayers and support, Open Doors is able to work with house churches like this in North Africa, to support believers like Nadeen.

*Name has been changed for security reasons, photo illustrative

PLEASE PRAY:

• For God to shield and protect Nadeen, and that she would be encouraged to keep following Jesus
    • That the hearts of her family members might be softened, so that one day, they might worship Jesus together
    • For courage and strength for other Moroccan believers, and that their faith might grow, despite the persecution they face.
    Per Hebrew 13:3 please "Remember those in prison": http://bibleforums.org/forumdisplay....secuted-Church

Acts 21 Now they have been informed about you that you continually teach all the Jews who live among the Gentiles to turn back from and forsake Moses...Therefore do just what we tell you....thus everybody will know that there is no truth in what they have been told about you, but that you yourself walk in observance of the Law of Moses.

Re: Nadeen so afraid parents will learn of her conversion.

...……………………………...

...……………………………...

...……………………………...

...……………………………...

...……………………………...
    And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

Thread Information