Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 33727374757677787980818283
Results 1,231 to 1,234 of 1234

Thread: Has the New Covenant started or is it still in the future?

Re: Has the New Covenant started or is it still in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Trivalee View Post
    You completely misunderstood me then. When God said he will bless Abraham and his descendants he wasn't referring to their spiritual wellbeing only. My focus is on material wealth and in this regard, Israel is thriving.
    You are correct. God richly blessed Abraham and his descendants. Not only Issac, and Jacob. But God also blesses Ishmael and his seed.
    Genesis 17:20
    And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation.

But we know the promise came thru Jacob. He foretold this to Abraham, saying:
    Genesis 22:18
    And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.

We know the seed (being one) was Christ Jesus. And Ishmael was a descendant of Abraham also who was blessed in the seed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trivalee View Post
    You completely misunderstood me then. When God said he will bless Abraham and his descendants he wasn't referring to their spiritual wellbeing only. My focus is on material wealth and in this regard, Israel is thriving.
    Right. Just like the rich man, Israel is "thriving". Material wealth is the only thing that matters and spiritual well being not mattering. I understand now.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    Right. Just like the rich man, Israel is "thriving". Material wealth is the only thing that matters and spiritual well being not mattering. I understand now.
    It's unfortunate you fail to see beyond your personal agenda. I take nothing away from spiritual wellbeing, however, my focus here is God's promise to bless Abraham and his descendants materially. Perhaps, you should avail yourself with Bro TMarcum's post #1231?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TMarcum View Post
    You are correct. God richly blessed Abraham and his descendants. Not only Issac, and Jacob. But God also blesses Ishmael and his seed.
    Genesis 17:20
    And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation.

But we know the promise came thru Jacob. He foretold this to Abraham, saying:
    Genesis 22:18
    And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.

We know the seed (being one) was Christ Jesus. And Ishmael was a descendant of Abraham also who was blessed in the seed.
    Very true indeed. Thanks for the scriptures.

Thread Information