Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cannot Edit

Blog Entries

Cannot Edit

I cant edit my posts. When I try the 'whirlygig' just turns round and round and I wait forever. Is it my computer or is it this site. Can someone check it out?
    "Your name and renown
    is the desire of our hearts."
    (Isaiah 26:8)

Blog Entries

Re: Cannot Edit

It's the site right now. Not even the mods can edit. We are having some extended issues from the damage done about a week ago.
    ".....it's your nickel"

Somebody out there doesn't care for some of our discussions so they fired a warning shot over the bow..just about everything is fouled up...

Praise God we must be doing something right..

Somebody out there doesn't care for some of our discussions so they fired a warning shot over the bow..just about everything is fouled up...

Praise God we must be doing something right..
    A man is in a great place when he has no one to turn to but God.

~ Smith Wigglesworth

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberseeker View Post
    I cant edit my posts. When I try the 'whirlygig' just turns round and round and I wait forever. Is it my computer or is it this site. Can someone check it out?
    I've been having the same problem.
    Galatians 6:14 - But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Why aren't these double posts happening to everyone?

~ Smith Wigglesworth

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jude View Post
    Why aren't these double posts happening to everyone?
    The forum was really screwed up badly during the black out and apparently isn't so easy to fix. For now I'm alright at least I can edit all my posts. But I get a lot of one line php errors when I press post reply and some doubles which I can fix immediately. An update to the latest version of vBulletin (5) would be very welcome but for reasons we do not know this doesn't seem to be possible.

Aristarkos

What's it going to take to fix it..if its money just say so.. Just wrote 1/2 page message and when i went to post it it just disappeared..

~ Smith Wigglesworth

I think the double-posting can be avoided by not using the 'quick reply', but rather going into the 'advanced' post editor. I've posted both ways and it seems only the quick reply posting method causes the double post.
    Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.
    Ecc 7:10

John777 exists to me only in quoted form.

Blog Entries

I just clicked "Post Quick Reply to Teddy's post. It will double post.
    Watchinginawe

I Samuel 3:10 And the LORD came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth.

Blog Entries

This is a reply to my own post (which somehow didn't double post). Note, I clicked "reply" and now I click "post quick reply". I THINK it will append my post.

Nope, oh well. Back to the drawing board in figuring out what is happening. Looks like some progress is being made.

And now it is appending? Wow, that last sentence was a reply and the system appended it to the last post I was "replying" to.

This is a reply to my own post (which somehow didn't double post). Note, I clicked "reply" and now I click "post quick reply". I THINK it will append my post.

Nope, oh well. Back to the drawing board in figuring out what is happening. Looks like some progress is being made.

And now it is appending? Wow, that last sentence was a reply and the system appended it to the last post I was "replying" to.

Here I replied with quote and took out the quote marks. Maybe this will edit the post?
    Watchinginawe

I Samuel 3:10 And the LORD came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth.

Blog Entries

AND THIS IS THE EDITED POST, leaving the double posting below and all the other trash.

Below here is the post I am editing by pressing reply with quote, taking the quote portions out, and editing the post AFTER I go to advanced to preview the post.

------------------------------------------------------------- (My line)

Here I replied with quote and took out the quote marks. Maybe this will edit the post?[/QUOTE]
    Watchinginawe

Blog Entries

One more time, this effort at editing is without Go Advanced, I expect it to double the post, but it will edit it.

----------------------------------------------- (my line)

AND THIS IS THE EDITED POST, leaving the double posting below and all the other trash.

Below here is the post I am editing by pressing reply with quote, taking the quote portions out, and editing the post AFTER I go to advanced to preview the post.

Here I replied with quote and took out the quote marks. Maybe this will edit the post?
    Watchinginawe

Blog Entries

That last edit worked perfect. Testing again, by replying with quote to my own post during the time that editing should be allowed. I removed the quote marks on the post, clicked post quick reply.

-------------------------------------- (my line)

One more time, this effort at editing is without Go Advanced, I expect it to double the post, but it will edit it.

Watchinginawe

Blog Entries

Didn't work, it posted another post. However I expect this to be an edit to my post below the line. It definitely is inconsistent though, but I think the commands are jumbled or something.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------(my line)

That last edit worked perfect. Testing again, by replying with quote to my own post during the time that editing should be allowed. I removed the quote marks on the post, clicked post quick reply.

-------------------------------------- (my line)

Watchinginawe

Blog Entries

--------------------------------------------------------

These posts can be deleted. However, I expect this message to probably be appended to the bottom of my last post.
    Watchinginawe

Thread Information