Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: George H. W. Bush Dead at 94

Re: George H. W. Bush Dead at 94

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    Some people are just here to troll. Unfortunately it spoils many important conversation topics.
    Why does this bother you so Fenris I've done nothing other than to see you get saved one day..

Jude
    If Jesus had preached the same message that ministers preach today, He would never have been crucified.

~ Leonard Ravenhill

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    It just makes me sick. It really does.
    Is it me or the medication your taking?

Jude
    If Jesus had preached the same message that ministers preach today, He would never have been crucified.

~ Leonard Ravenhill

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jude View Post
    Is it me or the medication your taking?

Jude
    I do not, nor have I ever have taken one dose of any medication that alters cognitive functions - not even opioids for post surgery.

I have no doubt HWB is currently enjoying the presence of God and seeing his faith set before him.

Blog Entries

This letter from George Bush to the former CEO of IBM speaks a lot to his character;

Attached Images Attached Images
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jude View Post
    Why does this bother you so Fenris I've done nothing other than to see you get saved one day..
    Yah. Use that for the "saved" conversations. We're talking about a different topic here.

Honestly, some religious people (and I've seen it in other faiths) can't control themselves. It's like they have Tourette's syndrome or something.

Example: Conversation going on about the life of GHW Bush. Random person trying to control themselves, fails, shouts out "Believe or ye shall not be saved!!" Everyone else looking around like, what the heck? We're talking about GHWB. Random person: "Ye must believe or ye shall perish!!11!!!"

That's what this is like. I would say that mods should start deleting off-topic posts, but there's no enough hours in the day to deal with this nonsense...
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

Beautiful service for Bush today.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    Beautiful service for Bush today.
    I did watch some. Even as a non-Christian I can appreciate that it was very nice.
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    Yah. Use that for the "saved" conversations. We're talking about a different topic here.

Honestly, some religious people (and I've seen it in other faiths) can't control themselves. It's like they have Tourette's syndrome or something.

Example: Conversation going on about the life of GHW Bush. Random person trying to control themselves, fails, shouts out "Believe or ye shall not be saved!!" Everyone else looking around like, what the heck? We're talking about GHWB. Random person: "Ye must believe or ye shall perish!!11!!!"

That's what this is like. I would say that mods should start deleting off-topic posts, but there's no enough hours in the day to deal with this nonsense...
    Salvation isn't nonsense to those that believe.. What better time to talk about it than in the face of death.. All i said was i hope he knew Jesus and the house came down around me..

Jude

~ Leonard Ravenhill

Blog Entries

Well, as this is my OP, I will say that I have no problem with anyone saying, "I hope he knew the Lord". I hear that all the time on FB from sincere people who admired a famous person who died. I've said it before about people.

All Jude meant was, "I hope he knew the Lord."
    ".....it's your nickel"

Quote Originally Posted by jayne View Post
    Well, as this is my OP, I will say that I have no problem with anyone saying, "I hope he knew the Lord". I hear that all the time on FB from sincere people who admired a famous person who died. I've said it before about people.

All Jude meant was, "I hope he knew the Lord."
    Jayne, in post 16 he's talking about me being "saved", not GHWB.

Isaiah 54

Thread Information