Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: George H. W. Bush Dead at 94

Blog Entries

George H. W. Bush Dead at 94

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...-94/544336002/

He was my second president to vote for and I admired him.
    ".....it's your nickel"

Re: George H. W. Bush Dead at 94

I'm sure Barbara was there and asked him, "What took you so long, George!"

The beautiful farm in the center of heaven!
    Blog Entries

That's a good age. I'm sure he's home now and I pray that's a comfort to his family.
    Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

The scion of a wealthy family, after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor he nonetheless deferred going to Yale and instead enlisted in the US Navy on his 18th birthday. He flew 58 combat missions, including one in which his squadron was shot down and his fellow pilots were eaten by the Japanese. He served in Congress, was the US ambassador to the UN, chairman of the RNC, Director of the CIA, was vice president for 8 years under Ronald Reagan, and president himself for 4 years. He was married to the same woman for 73 years.

They just don't make them like that anymore. RIP, you earned it, Mr President.
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

Amen.

Blog Entries

Excellent post Fenris.
    This IGNORE button is by far one of the most useful tools I've used to keep my peace while navigating through some of the madness.

Cool Re: George H. W. Bush Dead at 94

Fenris said:
    They just don't make them like that anymore. RIP, you earned it, Mr President.
    You can say that again. The only reason he didn't get a second term was he wasn't a blowhard like the rest of the candidates. Nice guys finish last.
    John 15:17 "These things I command you, that ye love one another."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deade View Post
    You can say that again. The only reason he didn't get a second term was he wasn't a blowhard like the rest of the candidates. Nice guys finish last.
    Actually, he didn't win because of that little man with the big mouth and a billion dollars from Texas - Ross Perot. He ran on the independent ticket and took so many of the Republican votes away from Bush. He KNEW he wasn't going to win. I've always said that Ross Perot is the reason Clinton became president.
    ".....it's your nickel"

i sincerely hope that he knew Jesus..

Jude
    If Jesus had preached the same message that ministers preach today, He would never have been crucified.

~ Leonard Ravenhill

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jayne View Post
    Actually, he didn't win because of that little man with the big mouth and a billion dollars from Texas - Ross Perot. He ran on the independent ticket and took so many of the Republican votes away from Bush. He KNEW he wasn't going to win. I've always said that Ross Perot is the reason Clinton became president.
    Yes. Ross was the spoiler.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jude View Post
    i sincerely hope that he knew Jesus..

Jude
    Seriously? Matthew 7:16 Jude.

Obviously you know nothing about the man, nor did you even bother to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    Seriously? Matthew 7:16 Jude.

Obviously you know nothing about the man, nor did you even bother to find out.
    Yes. Seriously...

Jude
    If Jesus had preached the same message that ministers preach today, He would never have been crucified.

~ Leonard Ravenhill

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jude View Post
    Yes. Seriously...

Jude
    Tell me Jude, exactly who benefits from your swipe at President Bush's faith?
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Some people are just here to troll. Unfortunately it spoils many important conversation topics.
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    Some people are just here to troll. Unfortunately it spoils many important conversation topics.
    It just makes me sick. It really does.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Thread Information