Thread: Please pray about my daddy issues

Please pray about my daddy issues

My Dad doesn't love me and he doesn't want any sort of relationship with me he has made that very clear. I've kept the door open to that in case he ever changes his mind but it hurts that he doesn't love me or doesn't want any relationship with me. I would be willing to be just friends with him but he doesn't even want that at all. My parents didn't plan for me when my Mom was pregnant with me they weren't married I am the reason they got married. (They divorced when I was 13 but that's beside the point.)

I've always wanted a Dad who loved me who wants a relationship with me. I used to pray a lot for an earthly Dad who would love me and treat me as his own child in every way but I believe the answer to that is no. I don't know that for certainty though if that's what GOD's answer is. Maybe I need to pray about it more or maybe I'm right and need to drop it I really don't know. I know GOD is my Heavenly Father since I'm saved and I have no doubts or arguments about that at all. However, as a sister in Christ once said to me "sometimes you need GOD with skin on." However, maybe I just need to somehow force myself to get over it. It's not like I'm a 5-year-old child anymore.

I'm 31 years old now I don't need to be babysat anymore. Still, part of me yearns constantly for an earthly Dad I can sit and talk with, get advice from, and just other things people experience with their Dad's that I never have. I know I can sit and pray talk to GOD about anything anytime and He will listen and I know if I'm still and quiet I'll find His answers He's just not a human on this planet. Maybe I'm not trying hard enough in my relationship with GOD. Maybe I just need to grow up and get over and accept the fact that I'll never have a loving earthly Dad. Sometimes I daydream and I picture in my mind what it might be like to have an earthly Dad who loves me. That time would probably be better spent reading the Bible. Struggling with this problem makes me feel guilty because I know GOD is my Heavenly Father. I have no wish to replace Him at all plus that's impossible anyway.

This issue is an ongoing battle for me but maybe it's something I have to deal with like Paul and his thorn and this issue is my thorn. We all have our crosses to bare and perhaps this is mine to bare and I just need to accept it. There's a part of me though that just can't and won't accept it and keeps on searching for an earthly Dad who will love me. Maybe I just need to ignore that part of me I don't know. Maybe I should just fake it till I make it but every time I try to fake it till I make it I feel like I'm lying which is a sin and I don't want to lie I don't want to sin. So please pray for me about this issue.
    Last edited by jayne; Dec 3rd 2018 at 10:11 PM. Reason: separated into paragraphs for easier reading

Blog Entries

Re: Please pray about my daddy issues

I am praying for you today. I know this is hurtful.
    ".....it's your nickel"

Blog Entries

Praying for you !

Praying for you sister and your human dad. Thanks to our father in heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny712 View Post
    My Dad doesn't love me and he doesn't want any sort of relationship with me he has made that very clear. I've kept the door open to that in case he ever changes his mind but it hurts that he doesn't love me or doesn't want any relationship with me. I would be willing to be just friends with him but he doesn't even want that at all. My parents didn't plan for me when my Mom was pregnant with me they weren't married I am the reason they got married. (They divorced when I was 13 but that's beside the point.)

I've always wanted a Dad who loved me who wants a relationship with me. I used to pray a lot for an earthly Dad who would love me and treat me as his own child in every way but I believe the answer to that is no. I don't know that for certainty though if that's what GOD's answer is. Maybe I need to pray about it more or maybe I'm right and need to drop it I really don't know. I know GOD is my Heavenly Father since I'm saved and I have no doubts or arguments about that at all. However, as a sister in Christ once said to me "sometimes you need GOD with skin on." However, maybe I just need to somehow force myself to get over it. It's not like I'm a 5-year-old child anymore.

I'm 31 years old now I don't need to be babysat anymore. Still, part of me yearns constantly for an earthly Dad I can sit and talk with, get advice from, and just other things people experience with their Dad's that I never have. I know I can sit and pray talk to GOD about anything anytime and He will listen and I know if I'm still and quiet I'll find His answers He's just not a human on this planet. Maybe I'm not trying hard enough in my relationship with GOD. Maybe I just need to grow up and get over and accept the fact that I'll never have a loving earthly Dad. Sometimes I daydream and I picture in my mind what it might be like to have an earthly Dad who loves me. That time would probably be better spent reading the Bible. Struggling with this problem makes me feel guilty because I know GOD is my Heavenly Father. I have no wish to replace Him at all plus that's impossible anyway.

This issue is an ongoing battle for me but maybe it's something I have to deal with like Paul and his thorn and this issue is my thorn. We all have our crosses to bare and perhaps this is mine to bare and I just need to accept it. There's a part of me though that just can't and won't accept it and keeps on searching for an earthly Dad who will love me. Maybe I just need to ignore that part of me I don't know. Maybe I should just fake it till I make it but every time I try to fake it till I make it I feel like I'm lying which is a sin and I don't want to lie I don't want to sin. So please pray for me about this issue.
    My prayers are with you.

My heart goes out to you for the hurt you are feeling. It's hard to find comfort when we have been hurt, especially by those closest in our family. Sadly enough, there is very little that can be done to take away the pain and hurt you are feeling. But you are doing good by addressing your feelings and opening up about your hurt. Opening up and talking about this will help so much in trying to move past it.

There are other things that may be helpful and may bring meaning to what you have gone through and suffered over the years of your childhood and adult life. One thing that may help, is if you could connect and reach out to another person who is also hurting and experiencing the same or similar struggle as you have experienced. You know first hand of the real sorrow and hurt that comes from a father, or a mother, or a sibling who has done the same.

I think it's hard for someone who has not experienced this type of hurt or abandonment in their lives, to relate or connect as much as someone, such as yourself who has dealt with this first hand. This has hit home in your life and in the life of your family. You know first hand how real the hurt is, and could do so much for another who is dealing with the same kind of hurt.

When we are hurt or going through dark times in our life, often the best form of healing comes when we are able to help others who have need. When we are able to give of our own self. This will probably do so much for you if you are able to do this (that is, if you're are not already).

As you move forward, try to focus on you. Become all that you can be in life. Invest in yourself, your health, your education, your own family, your social life. Above all, your relationship with God. Trust in him with your whole heart, soul, mind, and strength. Learn of him. In him, I promise you will find comfort in your sorrow.

There is a scripture that has always meant a lot to me during times when I have had hurt in my life. A passage that Jesus said:

Matthew 11
    28) Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
    29) Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
    30) For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

I want you to know, Jesus knows your hurt. Jesus knows how it feels to be rejected. And also, we know Jesus has compassion when he sees others hurt. We can read evidence of this when Lazarus died (John 11:1-44). I want you to consider as you read the passages, Jesus knew full well before he came there that he would raise Lazarus from the dead. This was his plan before he made his journey there. But notice in verse 35 when Mary, the sister of Lazarus came to where Jesus was. Once he arrived, notice that she fell down at Jesus feet. She was hurting so bad. When Jesus saw this and saw how she was hurting, the bible said he wept. Have you ever wondered why Jesus wept? He wasn't weeping over the death of Lazarus, because he was about to raise him up from the dead. But he was weeping as he saw the hurt Mary was suffering. He had compassion on her as she was hurting, even in light of the great miracle he was about to do. Then notice how Jesus took away her sorrow. Jesus knows how to help us in times of need.

I am not suggesting that Jesus will raise the dead in your life, but I will say that he will help you with your hurt, if you will put your full trust in him.

God bless you.

The beautiful farm in the center of heaven!
    Blog Entries

I'm so sorry Jenny. I get what you're feeling. My dad may have communicated with me and loved me, but he was a mean nasty alcoholic until that last year of his life when I got my dad back...the way he was when I was a little girl. And my poor daughter has certainly dealt with a lot of pain over her dad. He never wanted that responsibility and he was a drug addict who came and went, dashing her hopes one day and building her up with hope the next. It was torment watching my little girl go through all of that hurt. But...we (she much more than I) never gave up praying for him. He's now very involved in her life, he's sober and I think he might even be saved...he's going to church every weekend now.
    Maybe you're prayers about him need to just be about his salvation and trust God with the rest.
    Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Thread Information