Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Christian Persecution Expected To Increase In 2019

Re: Christian Persecution Expected To Increase In 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    As a Jew, he certainly knew what it was like to be a religious minority, yes. Do you, as a Christian, living in a Christian majority country? No.
    How would you know Fenris you haven't been born again..

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Kind of makes you wonder doesn't it? what kingdom are you seeing?
    A time will come when instead of shepherds feeding the sheep, the church will have clowns entertaining the goats.

~ Charles Spurgeon

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    Yep, being a religious minority is tough.
    I[QUOTE = fenris]f religious persecution comes here, it's going to start with religious minorities, not the majority.
    [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE = fenris]I'm simply pointing out that being a religious minority can be dangerous.[/QUOTE]

Your comments here seem to be contradictory. In one quote you say that religious religious persecution has not come to America yet, however in another you talk about how dangerous it is to be a religious minority in America. Could you clarify your statements here?

[QUOTE = Fenris]As a Jew, he certainly knew what it was like to be a religious minority, yes. Do you, as a Christian, living in a Christian majority country? No.[/QUOTE] Sorry but I missed the news articles where Jews in America are being killed by the thousands and being driven from their homes. I tried googling it since I thought that maybe it was that the mainstream media not reporting it. Couldn't find anything. Could you post some news articles that show where thousands of Jews are being murdered and driven from their homes in America please.

I
    f religious persecution comes here, it's going to start with religious minorities, not the majority.
    I'm simply pointing out that being a religious minority can be dangerous.
    Your comments here seem to be contradictory. In one quote you say that religious religious persecution has not come to America yet, however in another you talk about how dangerous it is to be a religious minority in America. Could you clarify your statements here?

[QUOTE ]As a Jew, he certainly knew what it was like to be a religious minority, yes. Do you, as a Christian, living in a Christian majority country? No.[/QUOTE] Sorry but I missed the news articles where Jews in America are being killed by the thousands and being driven from their homes. I tried googling it since I thought that maybe it was that the mainstream media not reporting it. Couldn't find anything. Could you post some news articles that show where thousands of Jews are being murdered and driven from their homes in America please.

Fenris, unfortunately since I can not edit posts in this thread it is probably unclear what I am trying ask here. This is very annoying. In any case in your posts you seem to be suggesting that is just being a Jew in America as it is for the Christians being persecuted in the countries in the original post. Sorry but I missed the news articles where Jews in America are being killed by the thousands and being driven from their homes. I tried googling it since I thought that maybe it was that the mainstream media not reporting it. Couldn't find anything. Could you post some news articles that show where thousands of Jews are being murdered and driven from their homes in America please.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jude View Post
    Horsefeathers..In saying that you're disobeying the commandment of the Lord..

Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
    Well Jude, you lose some Jewish nuance in your King James Version.

The essence of the commandment is the exact same as it was in Deuteronomy 6:

"As you go......"

It also says preach the Gospel to ALL of creation. Are you obeying that Jude? Are you speaking King James to plants, animals and the moon?

But seriously, let's examine the commandment.

1. poreuo
    2. Kosmos
    2. kerysso
    3. Ktisis

First of all, for the correct nuance of "go", refer to Matthew 10:7 ("as you go...."). This is a Hebrew idiom that carries all the way back to Deuteronomy 6. If you accept the English literally in Mark 16:15, then 99% of all Christians disobey the commandment, since the vast majority of Christians do not "go" into all the "Kosmos" even in a lifetime, but all Christians are in a position to preach the Gospel "as they go...."

Secondly, the commandment was given to Jesus' 11 Apostles. And not all of them "went into all of the Kosmos" either.

which brings us to the word "kosmos." This was probably used as an idiom for "gentiles." Again, not all the disciples did this. We're they disobeying Jesus?

The next word is "gospel." Note "Gospel" means "good news," not "fire and brimstone, condemnation and fear." Jesus said The Holy Spirit would convict the world. That is not our job Jude. Our job is to preach the Good News to the convicted. This is where preachers like your referenced deceptive, lying preacher in Canada fall flat on their face and fail the message.

And then Jesus says "all of creation."

Do you proclaim the Good News to all of creation Jude? ALL creation? Are you capable of that? Are you omnipresent?

So the answer is "yes" I do obey that commandment. As I said in the post you attacked, and I am supported by Scripture.

In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

Keep your behavior excellent among the Gentiles, so that in the thing in which they slander you as evildoers, they may because of your good deeds, as they observe them, glorify God in the day of visitation.

What does that say again? "keep your behavior excellent." Don't deceive, don't lie, and don't make up stuff.

"But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have."

Proclaiming the Gospel is doing more than just handing out tracts or thumping unbelievers on the 'noggin offensively with your Bible.

Proclaiming the Gospel is living out your life with Jesus as your Lord and obeying Him. It means having integrity, actionable works of love, having hope, trusting God and most of all, having joy.

You don't express much joy Jude. 99% of your posts are bellyaching about the world or climate change or nuclear waste or sinners. There is no joy, hope or an uplifting message in that.

Again, Jesus flat out says The Holy Spirit will convict the world - of sin, or righteousness, and of the judgment to come. Stop trying to usurp His role. Be what Jesus called you to be - His message of hope, of joy, of peace and of salvation. Be salt and light.

You can't proclaim the Gospel effectively just by screaming at people. Your entire life is supposed to proclaim the Gospel. Again, honesty, integrity, love, hope, peace, joy, patience, forbearance are the tools God has given you. Use them.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    No, i don't, because my witness is by actions, not rhetoric. Most unbelievers correctly sense hypocrisy in the kind of witnessing they are subjected to.
    OK Thanks for clarifying. You did say "we" in the post I responded to so I thought you meant "we".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rom826 View Post
    OK Thanks for clarifying. You did say "we" in the post I responded to so I thought you meant "we".
    Understandable. It was a generalization....but only because there is nothing even close to institutionalized persecution here (yet).
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jude View Post
    How would you know Fenris you haven't been born again..
    Again?! I don't even remember being born the first time!

Quote Originally Posted by rom826 View Post
    You haven't read what I said carefully. I said IF religious persecution comes here, it will start with a religious minority. I never said it was happening. The second thing I said was that being a religious minority CAN be dangerous. Again, not here. In certain middle east countries, or China? 100% yes.

Sorry but I missed the news articles where Jews in America are being killed by the thousands and being driven from their homes. I tried googling it since I thought that maybe it was that the mainstream media not reporting it. Couldn't find anything. Could you post some news articles that show where thousands of Jews are being murdered and driven from their homes in America please.
    Again, read what I say carefully please. Jesus knew what it was like to be a religious minority because he lived under the pagan Roman empire. Nowhere did I reference myself or modern America.

Thread Information