Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233

Thread: holy ground in the NT?

Blog Entries

Re: holy ground in the NT?

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    You're not addressing, however, the logic of my argument--just disagreeing with it. We should agree to disagree then?
    I was addressing the "logic" of your argument. I am however applying YOUR logic CONSISTENTLY, which you are NOT doing.

My view is that the end of the desolator is *not* part of the 70th Week. It is not said in the passage to be so--you are just assuming it is so, or arguing that it is logical to assume so from your point of view.
    From my pov it is *not* logical to assume that the end of the desolator is part of the 70th Week. Nor is it automatic to assume that the coming of this "righteousness" requires an end to the age. I believe that this prophecy concerns the 1st Coming of Messiah to fulfill these 6 things mentioned in vs. 24. One of those things is the revelation of his eternal righteousness, which is necessary for our salvation.
    Please let's not get into this infernal "yes it is, no it isn't" scenario? I think we've made our arguments--let's let the chips fall where they may? You offer zero proof that the end of the desolator has a required placement within the 70th Week. Please don't purely *assert* it to be so!
    Actually there is a REQUIREMENT for the desolator to be part of the 70th week, because verse 27 states it is the one week (which remains being the 70th week).
    Additionally the ENTIRE prophecy from verse 24 is about what happens in order for verse 24 to be fulfilled - it includes the statement of sealing the vision and prophet/prophecy. So verse 25 to verse 27 is ALL occurring BEFORE the 70th week is over.
    Further more the WHOLE prophecy of Dan 9 is WITHIN the CONTEXT of Daniel's prayer for his people, and this is God's answer for the final solution for Daniel's people.

Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post
    I was addressing the "logic" of your argument. I am however applying YOUR logic CONSISTENTLY, which you are NOT doing.

Actually there is a REQUIREMENT for the desolator to be part of the 70th week, because verse 27 states it is the one week (which remains being the 70th week).
    Additionally the ENTIRE prophecy from verse 24 is about what happens in order for verse 24 to be fulfilled - it includes the statement of sealing the vision and prophet/prophecy. So verse 25 to verse 27 is ALL occurring BEFORE the 70th week is over.
    Further more the WHOLE prophecy of Dan 9 is WITHIN the CONTEXT of Daniel's prayer for his people, and this is God's answer for the final solution for Daniel's people.
    I disagree with everything you say, because I come at it from a different perspective. The 6 things in 9.24 indicate those things, which are Messianic things, are fulfilled by the end of the 70th Week. The destruction of the city and the sanctuary followed this, and was not a part of the 70th Week.

The 70th Week was about the confirmation of God's covenant with the Jews, and about the death of Messiah. That was the 70th Week. What followed was the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple.

But you're entitled to your opinion. There's nothing wrong with my "logic" at all. Many credible Christian scholars have held to the same position. And their logic is not invalid simply because you have a different point of view.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    I disagree with everything you say, because I come at it from a different perspective. The 6 things in 9.24 indicate those things, which are Messianic things, are fulfilled by the end of the 70th Week. The destruction of the city and the sanctuary followed this, and was not a part of the 70th Week.

The 70th Week was about the confirmation of God's covenant with the Jews, and about the death of Messiah. That was the 70th Week. What followed was the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple.

But you're entitled to your opinion. There's nothing wrong with my "logic" at all. Many credible Christian scholars have held to the same position. And their logic is not invalid simply because you have a different point of view.
    You may have a different perspective. That is fine.
    I AGREE with you that ALL of the 6 things are fulfilled by the end of the 70th week.
    The city and sanctuary are NOT part of the 70 weeks, and we AGREE there also.

Where we differ, and perhaps this is a good place to leave it, is that the 70th week was NOT about the confirmation of God's OLD covenant with the Jews. It is about God's FINAL solution for the Jews.
    It is about the problem Daniel was praying about, a people who were unrighteous and undeserving and who needed saving, yet who were UNDER the Law and the consequence of the Law was destruction.
    So God said there is 70 weeks for the Jews to be sorted, after which comes His kingdom and His righteousness, and the end to prophecy and vision.
    This ties in 100% to the other prophecy God gave to Daniel in Dan 7 and which Daniel explained to Nebuchadnezzar in Dan 2. Each prophecy ENDS (finds its completion) in the coming of the kingdom of God.
    Therefore there are ONLY two logical ways to understand ALL three prophecies.
    1) That they speak UP TO the time of the coming of the Messiah, and His Kingdom being introduced into the world.
    2) That they speak UP TO the time of the return of the Messiah, and His kingdom ruling the world.

ALL your argumentation is disjointed as you have some of it about 1) and other points to 2).
    I hold that they ALL point to 2) the return of the Messiah.

Thread Information