Thread: Concerning faith

Concerning faith

Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee.For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the Lord shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee. And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.”
    **Isaiah‬ *60:1-3‬ *KJV‬‬

‬‬‬this is how God works The guiding principle of scripture, if God speaks, it already is certain, it shall come to pass according to,what he spoke forth. To know and believe this is faith. What God has spoken, is certain.

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good report. Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.”
    **Hebrews‬ *11:1-3‬ *KJV‬‬

“In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.”
    **Genesis‬ *1:1-3‬ *KJV‬‬

“But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.”
    **Hebrews‬ *11:6-7‬ *KJV‬‬

God told Noah he would flood the world, and gave him instructions to build an ark, Noah believed God , so then he moved and obeyed God and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith. Noah was saved by grace, ( Genesis 6:8) through faith as shown in Hebrews here. Noah understood what God said, is certain so therefore he acted as if it was certain if he had believed and not obeyed, he would be known as a fool who died in the flood.

“By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.”
    **Hebrews‬ *11:8‬ *KJV‬‬

God comes to Abraham tells him to get out of his homeland, and go to a country God would thereafter show him. Abraham believed what God said was certain, so he gathered his things and set out believing Gods promise and Abraham became heir to the righteousness of faith. He continued throughout his life believing what God was saying to him, and it was accounted to him as righteousness. Understand, believing doesn't exclude doing, it is the reason we act, because we believe what God has said is certain. otherwise Abraham would not be known as the man of faith.

faith gets distorted when we think faith and works are opposite, faith is when a person acts because they actually do believe what God has said we aren't saved by the work, the faith saves us because it produces the work. Like Noah, like Abraham. We have faith , that's the very reason we act according to Gods word.

Noah knew when God said the flood was coming, it was coming. Abraham knew when God said get out and go where I tell you, that Gods promises were sure and without doubt. It is faith that moves us to act. So where is faith found?

to have faith, one must believe what God said. We know it will be just as he said it will be. First we have to hear what he said, or we can't believe what he said. To believe we need to understand the power of his word alone. His word is the same when he said in the beginning let there be light...and there was light. Faith applied to christ is to understand what he said, is certain, immovable he is the living word of God.

Let there be light.....

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.”
    **John‬ *1:1-5, 9-10, 12, 14‬ *KJV‬‬

and there was light....

“Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.”
    **John‬ *8:12‬ *KJV‬‬

And gross darkness covered thier hearts....

"For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.”
    **Mark‬ *7:21-23‬ *KJV

‬‬
    by faith ( believing Gods word) the light shines in the darkness.....

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.”
    **John‬ *5:24-25‬ *KJV‬‬

But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.”
    **2 Corinthians‬ *4:3-7‬ *KJV‬‬

to be saved by faith, begins and ends with believing the gospel, understanding where the gospel is shining in full in whom it shines forth from and his name is the word of God, Jesus Christ. The test is whether one believes by faith, like Abraham, like Noah like Jesus taught us to believe. Just as God spoke light forth in the beginning from darkness, so he speaks forth light into mankinds darkened hearts, and light shines forth from that darkness on the heart.

if Jesus spoke to you and said " there's 1 billion dollars buried 3 feet down in the center of your back yard, go,get a shovel, dig it up I have given it to you."......what would you do if your faith is in Jesus who told you this?

well, Jesus has come and made known to us by the word of God , in all power and authority , the way that he teaches will lead to eternal life which only he can give ....worth more than billions and billions.....what will we do now of we believe that?

if obedience seems out of reach to you, believe what the lord has said in the gospel it will change the heart that thinks that....but believe the promises as well as the teachings. The comfort and assurance of safety, as well as the warnings and instructions. These things work to change our minds and hearts while we are safe in his hands and patient forebearance toward us, knowing he has come to save us, not condemn. Have faith that comes by the unshakable, irrefutable, undeniable and ever certain word of God , it already is, and it most assuredly will come to pass as he has spoken it.

be safe and well in the love of God, but press forward always knowing all things can be done through Christ who gives us strength. Forget the things behind, and believe the things ahead, the things unseen that he has promised. Righteousness by faith, is a real thing.....faith has to be in the word of God is the thing. Think of naoh the heir of the righteousness of faith. Think of Abraham the man of faith by which the promise of the gospel was given.

They believed what God told them, even though they couldn't see it with thier eyes , they had no proof it would happen....only they believed Gods word of power, his ability to do what he told them, and his faithfulness to bring it to pass without fail.....so of course they acted.

God bless, stretch forth the faith that is in you toward Jesus more and more.

Re: Concerning faith

Perception

And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.”
    **Genesis‬ *2:16-17‬ *KJV‬‬

...Eve is created.

“And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.”
    **Genesis‬ *2:25‬ *KJV‬‬

“Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

This first false doctrine we see its effects on thier perception immediately.

And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

And we see the result.....

And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons. And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden.

And the Lord God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou? And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.”
    **Genesis‬ *3:1-10‬ *KJV‬‬

what went wrong? God said " you must not eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you do, you will surely die"

The serpent said " you will not surely die, for God knows it will make you as gods knowing good and evil."

The word they believed is the difference, had they believed Gods word, which was a warning meant to keep thier life , they would not have died could have eaten forever from the tree of life.

They believed the serpents words which was meant to take thier life, even though he made it sound like a reasonable thing like he was actually for them, using even some truth, and changing thier perception of Gods word. Notice he makes it seem like God lied about the fruit, because he doesn't want them to have it. He turns thier perception as if Gods word is against them, keeping a good thing from them arbitrarily, how crafty he is to use what God has said to put them to death.

how devious he is, to,use the commandment meant for thier life, and knowing himself what God said will and must come to pass, and he used it for thier death. Satan knows the truth of Gods word, it's why he uses the tactics he does to destroy us with it. He even tried using Gods word, to temp Jesus , which Jesus responds with the truth of the word, it is written says the lord Jesus, it is written....it is written. Then Satan left him alone.

Gods word, is what we must believe it's a lesson found on most every page of scripture. When he speaks it is so. If only we can grasp that truth and part not from it, nor let anyone take our eyes from it, we will remain safe from the enemies plots and ploys designed to appear glorious, but then in the end we find out it is certain demise.

to,stay with, endure in believe, trust , hope in the things he has said through Jesus Christ, is eternal life already given, and will assuredly come to pass. Our hope is sure because it's what God has said through Christ Jesus, eternal life, the children of the most high God, ordained from the beginning and manifest through faith in these last times. All we understand is because Gods word has spoken it forth and purposes it written down and preserved, spread throughout the earth that all men may hear and believe, though many will not, the offer is there for any who will simply believe what God has said through Jesus the promised Christ and judge of all the earth.

you see this manifest, in the children of Israel thier reaction when God speaks to them from mount Sinai thier perception of God and his word doing them harm, in terror they respond to Moses, do not let the lord speak any more to us or we will surely die.

“And God spake all these words, saying, I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage....

.he speaks forth the Ten Commandments.....

....And all the people saw the thunderings, and the lightnings, and the noise of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking: and when the people saw it, they removed, and stood afar off. And they said unto Moses, Speak thou with us, and we will hear: but let not God speak with us, lest we die.”
    **Exodus‬ *20:1-2, 18-19‬ *KJV‬‬

see how they have perceived Gods word? They are afraid like Adam of his presence, and his word asking of Moses let not God speak with us lest we die. To them his word was too much to bear, it appeared to,them as certain death, we are not of those.....

“For ye are not come unto the mount that might be touched, and that burned with fire, nor unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest, And the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words; which voice they that heard entreated that the word should not be spoken to them any more: (For they could not endure that which was commanded, And if so much as a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned, or thrust through with a dart: And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake)

not of those ....but of these

But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:”
    **Hebrews‬ *12:18-25‬ *KJV‬‬

we understand who it is that spoke from heaven, the mediator of the new covenant, who's blood is the blood of sprinkling purchasing those in the New Testament and binding his word of life. We see how they saw the lord.....how it was when he spoke....but this is the word of the lord in truth

“At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight. All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
    **Matthew‬ *11:25-30‬ *KJV‬‬

“And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all. And what he hath seen and heard, that he testifieth; and no man receiveth his testimony.

He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true. For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him. The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.”
    **John‬ *3:13, 31-36‬ *KJV‬‬

“And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.

Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.”
    **John‬ *8:23-24, 26, 28, 31-32, 42, 47, 51‬ *KJV‬‬

it's quite a contrast between those who are born of the spirit, called children of God, taught to call the almighty God, thier Father in heaven. Taught that God loves us so much, that he sacrificed his only begotten son in whom he was well pleased, in order to save us from all we had done to condemn ourselves.

contrasted with those who saw thunder, lightning burning sulfur, lightning, darkness, smoke, and were told that no one was to touch the mountain, neither man nor beast or they were to be killed immediately. Those who God warned do not come near lest I break forth upon you....those who trembled on terror begging Moses to not let God speak anymore so they didn't die.

we have Jesus, calling the broken, the weary, the sinners, the lost and lonely, the poor and needy.....calling them to come close that he may heal them and speak words of eternal life into them, promising by the same word of power that shook the earth and appeared as a roaring devouring fire. Jesus is the way, the only way to really see what Man forgot when deceived in Adam......Gods word is for us, not against us, his word is life, not death, his word is power to give life forever, not certain death.

trust that the lord came to save us, trust that he will never leave you alone, abandon you, he will not condemn you if you will just believe the word he sent for salvation. Jesus is the one from heaven, sent to us , the Christ and Son of God, see that you hear the words of eternal life ....

“Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life. And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.
    **John‬ *6:68-69‬ *KJV‬‬

Regarding false doctrines and false teachings we are warned would come

But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.”
    **2 Peter‬ *2:1-2‬ *KJV‬‬

this is the kind of thing Peter is referring to that were among the people of old, and would come also in the new, the false doctrines....

"Mine heart within me is broken because of the prophets; all my bones shake; I am like a drunken man, and like a man whom wine hath overcome, because of the Lord, and because of the words of his holiness. For the land is full of adulterers; for because of swearing the land mourneth; the pleasant places of the wilderness are dried up, and their course is evil, and their force is not right. For both prophet and priest are profane; yea, in my house have I found their wickedness, saith the Lord.

I have seen also in the prophets of Jerusalem an horrible thing: they commit adultery, and walk in lies: they strengthen also the hands of evildoers, that none doth return from his wickedness: they are all of them unto me as Sodom, and the inhabitants thereof as Gomorrah.

Therefore thus saith the Lord of hosts concerning the prophets; Behold, I will feed them with wormwood, and make them drink the water of gall: for from the prophets of Jerusalem is profaneness gone forth into all the land. Thus saith the Lord of hosts, Hearken not unto the words of the prophets that prophesy unto you: they make you vain: they speak a vision of their own heart, and not out of the mouth of the Lord.

They say still unto them that despise me, The Lord hath said, Ye shall have peace; and they say unto every one that walketh after the imagination of his own heart, No evil shall come upon you. For who hath stood in the counsel of the Lord, and hath perceived and heard his word? who hath marked his word, and heard it?

The anger of the Lord shall not return, until he have executed, and till he have performed the thoughts of his heart: in the latter days ye shall consider it perfectly. I have not sent these prophets, yet they ran: I have not spoken to them, yet they prophesied. But if they had stood in my counsel, and had caused my people to hear my words, then they should have turned them from their evil way, and from the evil of their doings.

How long shall this be in the heart of the prophets that prophesy lies? yea, they are prophets of the deceit of their own heart;

The prophet that hath a dream, let him tell a dream; and he that hath my word, let him speak my word faithfully. What is the chaff to the wheat? saith the Lord. Is not my word like as a fire? saith the Lord; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?

Therefore, behold, I, even I, will utterly forget you, and I will forsake you, and the city that I gave you and your fathers, and cast you out of my presence: And I will bring an everlasting reproach upon you, and a perpetual shame, which shall not be forgotten.”
    **Jeremiah‬ *23:9-11, 14-18, 20-22, 26, 28-29, 39-40‬ *KJV‬‬

just like the false prophets began moving away from Gods word in the law, removing his words, his warnings of what would be of they did not turn from thier wickedness, and heed his word....we are warned many times in the New Testament this was coming to the church .

the answer then was for them to speak his word to the people like it says here showing the same power to,change hearts....

But if they had stood in my counsel, and had caused my people to hear my words, then they should have turned them from their evil way, and from the evil of their doings.....

instead they were doing this

I have seen also in the prophets of Jerusalem an horrible thing: they commit adultery, and walk in lies: they strengthen also the hands of evildoers, that none doth return from his wickedness: they are all of them unto me as Sodom, and the inhabitants thereof as Gomorrah.

They say still unto them that despise me, The Lord hath said, Ye shall have peace; and they say unto every one that walketh after the imagination of his own heart, No evil shall come upon you. For who hath stood in the counsel of the Lord, and hath perceived and heard his word? who hath marked his word, and heard it?<<< see who actually did that before he came to,speak the word forth....

and look what became of them in the last paragraph....never ever let anyone convince you that the Word of God isn't meant for a believer in Christ, look to,the four gospels, stand in his counsel, speak forth his word , it is power and truth, living and active able to do what we cannot do redeem the heart of man, and so his soul in turning each from his error and become a light in darkness. Have faith.

“For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

we know who the lord is we understand who,is able to save us.....remember his word is quick and powerful, sharper than a sword able to,divide the inner things of man, and discern the thoughts and intents of the heart of man. Trust the savior hear his words and believe into righteousness.

Faith, that made Jesus marvel.....look

“And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him, And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented.

And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him.

The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.

For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.

When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.

But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour.”
    **Matthew‬ *8:5-13‬ *KJV‬‬

Faith understands if God speaks, it cannot fail to come to pass. The centurion knew this, having faith he understood it's the word of God that has authority what he says, everything he created is subject to his word, because everything was created by his word. Have this kind of faith, faith built upon his word, understanding the power when he speaks.believe as the centurion.

this is significant in more ways than one. A centurion in the days of the Roman occupation of Jerusalem, could not be of Jewish descent, they feared rebellion constantly, and a centurion was one in charge of a hundred soldiers. It makes sense knowing what he said after regarding those coming from other lands, and the children being cast out, knowing he was mostly rejected by them because of his words.

Examples of He speaks and it is so.....faith based on his word.

“Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

the Spirits are subject to his word....

....And Jesus rebuked him, saying, Hold thy peace, and come out of him. And when the unclean spirit had torn him, and cried with a loud voice, he came out of him.

the flesh is subject to his word...

And there came a leper to him, beseeching him, and kneeling down to him, and saying unto him, If thou wilt, thou canst make me clean. And Jesus, moved with compassion, put forth his hand, and touched him, and saith unto him, I will; be thou clean. And as soon as he had spoken, immediately the leprosy departed from him, and he was cleansed.”
    **Mark‬ *1:14-15, 17-18, 25-26, 40-42‬ *KJV‬‬

note the love Jesus shows in touching a leper, something no one was to do how much love he must have felt....

I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy bed, and go thy way into thine house. And immediately he arose, took up the bed, and went forth before them all; insomuch that they were all amazed, and glorified God, saying, We never saw it on this fashion.”
    **Mark‬ *2:11-12‬ *KJV‬‬

the elements are subject to his word....

And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.

And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?”
    **Mark‬ *4:39, 41‬ *KJV‬‬

Life and death are subject to his word...

While he yet spake, there came from the ruler of the synagogue's house certain which said, Thy daughter is dead: why troublest thou the Master any further? As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, he saith unto the ruler of the synagogue, Be not afraid, only believe.

And he took the damsel by the hand, and said unto her, Talitha cumi; which is, being interpreted, Damsel, I say unto thee, arise. And straightway the damsel arose, and walked; for she was of the age of twelve years. And they were astonished with a great astonishment.”
    **Mark‬ *5:35-36, 41-42‬ *KJV‬‬

an example of one who walked by faith in his word...

But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid. And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water. And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the shiphe walked on the water, to go to Jesus.

But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me. And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt? And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased. Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.”
    **Matthew‬ *14:26-33‬ *KJV‬‬

see how if one is walking by faith, and we happen to fall by doubt how he responds immediately to save us when we call out. He doesn't let us drown because we fell , he is faithful and always with us. Remember faith is something we first believe, and then we walk in that belief. We don't have to be perfect in our faith, it grows stronger as we accept and begin to heed the call to walk. we have to understand Jesus is forever the same, he will save those who are of the faith found in him alone. We have nothing left to fear, we have the eternal and ever powerful unchanging word of God. It is what we're made from, and it is what assures the promise of eternal life in Jesus Christ our lord.

find out what he has said to and of his disciples. That is what a Christian is, a follower of the lord Jesus and his teachings, they follow because they believe. The disciples were later called Christians at Antioch in the book of acts, christian are those who are disciples of Jesus Christ.

Have faith based on the words of Jesus the Christ, he cannot fail in the things he spoke forth for us, into our hearts as we receive them. God bless

Thread Information