Thread: The Professional Delusion

The Professional Delusion

New to this forum. I have discovered for myself that mainstream Psychiatry/Mental health services are operated by groupthink and allegiance to a book called the DSM5 which has no scientific basis. But it is an ideological set of beliefs voted on by a group of psychiatrists. Although they are fallible humans, these people are deceived and caught in an ideological delusion.

It appears many are flocking to the idea that depression is a biological disease of the brain and therefore not a sin to suicide. Being told itís not them itís those pesky imbalanceís exuses people from personal responsibility. But God calls murder a sin and so on. I believe people who are depressed need spiritual help as well as talk therapy. I believe there are triggers for depression such as loneliness, abuse neglection ect.

Within the critical psychiatry movement is shamanism and new age are taking the spiritual approach to mental disorder. When I was under attack years ago, christian friends and their church blew me off to mental health services. Then I was permanently labeled and put on heroic doses of drugs. It wasn't until I seeked help from a deliverance church that it went away in 2011. Jesus said he comes with a sword. The mainstream church seems to be agreeable and compliant with man made ideology. Why?

Blog Entries

Re: The Professional Delusion

MOD NOTE: stumpy, you had the same post posted in Controversial. You have to have 40 posts for anything to show up in Controversial. Otherwise it is moderated [hidden]. I deleted your first username and post in Contro.

I realize that you may not have seen that part about 40 posts and having not seen your post show up in Contro, you just created another user name.

You are now here as stumpy.

MOD NOTE: stumpy, you had the same post posted in Controversial. You have to have 40 posts for anything to show up in Controversial. Otherwise it is moderated [hidden]. I deleted your first username and post in Contro.

I realize that you may not have seen that part about 40 posts and having not seen your post show up in Contro, you just created another user name.

You are now here as stumpy.
    ".....it's your nickel"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    New to this forum. I have discovered for myself that mainstream Psychiatry/Mental health services are operated by groupthink and allegiance to a book called the DSM5 which has no scientific basis. But it is an ideological set of beliefs voted on by a group of psychiatrists. Although they are fallible humans, these people are deceived and caught in an ideological delusion.
    It appears many are flocking to the idea that depression is a biological disease of the brain and therefore not a sin to suicide. Being told itís not them itís those pesky imbalanceís exuses people from personal responsibility. But God calls murder a sin and so on. I believe people who are depressed need spiritual help as well as talk therapy. I believe there are triggers for depression such as loneliness, abuse neglection ect.

Within the critical psychiatry movement is shamanism and new age are taking the spiritual approach to mental disorder. When I was under attack years ago, christian friends and their church blew me off to mental health services. Then I was permanently labeled and put on heroic doses of drugs. It wasn't until I seeked help from a deliverance church that it went away in 2011. Jesus said he comes with a sword. The mainstream church seems to be agreeable and compliant with man made ideology. Why?
    The reason is that if a lie is told often and loud enough it will be accepted as the truth. Once there it is just about ineradicable. We see this in all fields of human ę science Ľ. Just recognize it for yourself, that is probably all you can do. Scripture says ę that he might deliver us from this present evil world Ľ in Gal. 1:4, this has been postponed but will happen when the Lord returns.

Aristarkos

Blog Entries

[FONT="]New to this forum. I have discovered for myself that mainstream Psychiatry/Mental health services are operated by groupthink and allegiance to a book called the DSM5 which has no scientific basis. But it is an ideological set of beliefs voted on by a group of psychiatrists. Although they are fallible humans, these people are deceived and caught in an ideological delusion.

[/FONT]

It appears many are flocking to the idea that depression is a biological disease of the brain and therefore not a sin to suicide. Being told it’s not them it’s those pesky imbalance’s exuses people from personal responsibility. But God calls murder a sin and so on. I believe people who are depressed need spiritual help as well as talk therapy. I believe there are triggers for depression such as loneliness, abuse neglection ect.

Stumpy check out my posts and you will see what I think is the result or the cause of mental illness.

You won't get any answers from church only through the book

Peace be with you

Quote Originally Posted by Aristarkos View Post
    The reason is that if a lie is told often and loud enough it will be accepted as the truth. Once there it is just about ineradicable. We see this in all fields of human ę science Ľ. Just recognize it for yourself, that is probably all you can do. Scripture says ę that he might deliver us from this present evil world Ľ in Gal. 1:4, this has been postponed but will happen when the Lord returns.

Aristarkos
    Word. You have wisdom. The bible says this will happen. It shows the times we live in.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin633 View Post
    Stumpy check out my posts and you will see what I think is the result or the cause of mental illness.
    Hi I did a fairly quick run through your posts. Could you please point to me what you believe?

I’ve been through the system. I was originally diagnosed with Schizophrenia then major depressive disorder then Bi Polar 2 then Mania (Bi Polar 1) They then lumped them all as one called Schizoaffective. I then seen an alternative psychiatrist who said those diagnosis were all wrong and diagnosed me with Anxiety Disorder. I slowly weaned off all psychotropic drugs after a deliverance. And guess what, I have stayed out of hospital! I know these are not real chemical diseases but often of spiritual nature. Or caused by the drugs themselves.

Peace be with you
    I completely agree

Blog Entries

Hi I did a fairly quick run through your posts. Could you please point to me what you believe?

I’ve been through the system. I was originally diagnosed with Schizophrenia then major depressive disorder then Bi Polar 2 then Mania (Bi Polar 1) They then lumped them all as one called Schizoaffective. I then seen an alternative psychiatrist who said those diagnosis were all wrong and diagnosed me with Anxiety Disorder. I slowly weaned off all psychotropic drugs after a deliverance. And guess what, I have stayed out of hospital! I know these are not real chemical diseases but often of spiritual nature. Or caused by the drugs themselves.

I completely agree
    Hi.
    Mental illness is the result of sin
    I suffered to the point of suicide, we are ignorant to some extent, we know in our hearts and mind that something is a miss.
    We just don't know what and even when we read the bible we can't seem to grasp the word.
    I was lucky and God showed me who I was on the inside, I suffered with lust after the flesh, adultery and every perverse way of getting my fix.
    Not unlike a drug addict I needed to get a fix and if I didn't my mind would go haywire.

This time I read the bible and did what Jesus told me to deny myself, so that's what I did and I'm still doing it I stopped those thoughts.
    I mediated on do not worry,
    Do not fear,
    Do not think what you shall eat or wear,
    Do not give thought for your life etc.

Our minds are us and if you have treated it with sin then you have corrupted it, just like a computer.
    The bible is a reboot book if you do what he says.
    Realise you have sinned and repent with all of your power and stop sinning stop thinking stop worrying.
    How pray to God pray for him to reveal the truth, do it daily every minute if need be, show him you have the strength to defeat Satan.
    Starve him of his food, deny Satan, don't belive him.
    He even said to me if you follow him you will die, it's your own mind that's tricking you into not doing what we are supposed to do because he tells us our lives will be dull and boring and you will have to go to church and sing and donate etc.
    It's a lie, go to your closet and pray in secret, read it study it do what it says and over time your mind will start to become calm.

Feel free to ask any more questions

Blog Entries

Hi.
    I suffered to the point of suicide, we are ignorant to some extent, we know in our hearts and mind that something is a miss.
    We just don't know what and even when we read the bible we can't seem to grasp the word.
    I was lucky and God showed me who I was on the inside, I suffered with lust after the flesh, adultery and every perverse way of getting my fix.
    Not unlike a drug addict I needed to get a fix and if I didn't my mind would go haywire.

This time I read the bible and did what Jesus told me to deny myself, so that's what I did and I'm still doing it I stopped those thoughts.
    Do not fear,

Our minds are us and if you have treated it with sin then you have corrupted it, just like a computer.
    Realise you have sinned and repent with all of your power and stop sinning stop thinking stop worrying.
    How pray to God pray for him to reveal the truth, do it daily every minute if need be, show him you have the strength to defeat Satan.
    He even said to me if you follow him you will die, it's your own mind that's tricking you into not doing what we are supposed to do because he tells us our lives will be dull and boring and you will have to go to church and sing and donate etc.
    It's a lie, go to your closet and pray in secret, read it study it do what it says and over time your mind will start to become calm.

But sin is not the only thing that we suffer from.
    We are born into sin, in other words many of us are brought up doing things wrong and thinking things wrong.
    Some of us are abused as children, or taught by our parents or carrers to put the finger up to authority.
    Or to fight someone who insults you, etc

As Jesus says who ever harms a child in any form it is better they were not born.

So you see we are nearly all messed up from the start.

The bible is a book that is trying to tell us how to get back to a mind like a child, Jesus says be as a child.
    Do you remember when you were a child when you didn't want for anything, didn't worry about what you were going to wear.
    Didn't worry about food unless you were abused.
    Didn't give a thought for your life.
    Didn't think about tomorrow, just lived for the day.

A child is born pure but this world our parents corrupt us in ignorance most of the time.

Did you ever suffer with posesiveness over a loved one, this is a feeling of rage and anger on no being able to control another, worried that 5hey might leave.
    Fear is a feeling, as is worry, anxiety is a feeling, they are feelings we think we can't control there not.
    Like anger and envy and greed are all feelings.

When someone suffers with mental illness depending on the length of time he or she has suffered all these feelings come all at once.
    We can't understand why one minute we are angry the next depressed and sad, our minds can't work out what's wrong with us so we basically have a mental breakdown.

Some turn to self harming so it will reduce the mental pain taking there thoughts away from the feeling, this works for a time just like banging your head on the other side where there is no migraine, it shifts the mind to think about the pain and the reason why you did it giving a small window of normality.

Punching a door to release anger hurts, taking our minds away for a short time to concentrate on the pain.
    All these things we do because we can't control our emotions.

The bible is a book to help you get back in control if you just do what he says.
    Without it I would be dead, I went to see many pastors, vicars, evangelist etc, but they can't help you.

They say if you belive in Jesus then you are saved,
    I say if you belive Jesus and do what he tells you, you have a chance, but it's not a chance to be saved that you want.
    You want the pain to stop and by doing what he says over time even if you can't see how it works you will start to feel better.
    I can't tell you how, it just does, I'm assuming that either Jesus or God has something to do with it.

I'm amazed when I look back and remember the pain I suffered, and the difference in me, even my wife has noticed that my moods my calmness my emotional state improved greatly.

I have come to understand that the path of sin is death, this I now think is why so many kill themselves, they cannot stand the pain and want it to end just as job begged God to end his life when Satan touched him.

But then if I'm right, then why doesn't anybody else see it this way.
    Why does the church not tell us this, but a hundred or so years ago, this was the message being preached to us, to repent and sin no more.
    What did John the Baptist do but teach repentance, to turn from sin and follow the law of God.

I have a friend who suffers with bipolar, he is on medication.
    Doctors don't know why he is suffering, but I do.
    He suffers from lust after the flesh, he uses his mind to fantasies about it, even sometimes trying to make his thoughts turn to reality.
    While he is doing this he is on a high, the bigger the high the more exciting his mind becomes.
    Till he either trys to make it happen or it does happen but does not give him the desired effect brings him to a crashing low.
    He doesn't tell his therapist this or his doctor, the same as most they hide there desires and keep them private.

But these are the things that bring us to the grave, yes we all die but this way is far more painfully even making us physically ill.

To control ones mind is to defeat Satan, it's like an obese person, they can't stop eating even though they know there going to die because of it.
    The book is to help you become the master of your own mind and not Satan.

Thought I would put down some more thoughts, to show you that this possibly could be the truth.
    But then I don't know it could all be in my head, but I don't care I feel better every day and if it is God then I thank him every day for giving me the chance to be free.

Yuma, AZ where chocolate melts in the fridge

[FONT="]New to this forum. I have discovered for myself that mainstream Psychiatry/Mental health services are operated by groupthink and allegiance to a book called the DSM5 which has no scientific basis. But it is an ideological set of beliefs voted on by a group of psychiatrists. Although they are fallible humans, these people are deceived and caught in an ideological delusion.

[/FONT]

I am not sure what your question is, but your post jogs a lot of comparisons.

First, you need to remember that a psychiatrist is an MD and he is not going to do anything outside his training. MD training does not include anything about vitamin therapy, and depression is known to be a symptom of B vitamin deficiency. You can contact any hotline and the advice will usually include a suggestion to take B vitamins.

As for suicide being a sin, I refer you to the Epistle To The Romans where it is carefully explained that sins don't count any more. Either you believe in Jesus and are saved or you don't believe and are lost.

Mainstream churches are a mess. They have been since the days of the traveling preacher. Local ministers didn't even try to compete with "Hellfire And Brimstone" preaching, and the result is that most Christians now do not know what they are officially supposed to believe. I have met ministers who were not sure if they were saved. They go along with man made ideology because they have not been taught how to study the bible.

Quote Originally Posted by Prospector View Post
    I am not sure what your question is, but your post jogs a lot of comparisons.

First, you need to remember that a psychiatrist is an MD and he is not going to do anything outside his training. MD training does not include anything about vitamin therapy, and depression is known to be a symptom of B vitamin deficiency. You can contact any hotline and the advice will usually include a suggestion to take B vitamins.

As for suicide being a sin, I refer you to the Epistle To The Romans where it is carefully explained that sins don't count any more. Either you believe in Jesus and are saved or you don't believe and are lost.

Mainstream churches are a mess. They have been since the days of the traveling preacher. Local ministers didn't even try to compete with "Hellfire And Brimstone" preaching, and the result is that most Christians now do not know what they are officially supposed to believe. I have met ministers who were not sure if they were saved. They go along with man made ideology because they have not been taught how to study the bible.
    My question was answered with the first post by Aristarkos.

I'm from Australia. I have been severely depressed in the past. I've called hotlines many times in the past, I was never advised about B vitamins. The message is clear. You can see this message a dozen times a day on TV, spread far and wide on the internet, in every newspaper and women’s magazine, even on posters in public toilets. Be told that if you’re depressed, you should see your doctor. The subliminal message, of course, is that you will get psychiatric drugs.

But Mainstream churches are a mess I agree.

Peace be with you
    This is horrible advice. Most of the completely off the reservation people that post here are in the word , and NOT in church. So yeah, I say again... horrible , horrible comment. Horrible advice.

My question was answered with the first post by Aristarkos.

I'm from Australia. I have been severely depressed in the past. I've called hotlines many times in the past, I was never advised about B vitamins. The message is clear. You can see this message a dozen times a day on TV, spread far and wide on the internet, in every newspaper and women’s magazine, even on posters in public toilets. Be told that if you’re depressed, you should see your doctor. The subliminal message, of course, is that you will get psychiatric drugs.

But Mainstream churches are a mess I agree
    And how many "mainstream churches" have you attended ? And also, what is a mainstream church ?

Hi.

Do not fear,

All sickness can be traced back to the fall but I seriously doubt that is what your saying here. Some mental disorders are from a lifestyle of sin, I agree. BUT NOT ALL.... Are you telling me a kid with Down's Syndrome has it because he was a sinner ? What about kids with Autism ? Come on man.

We have to be so careful with our judgments. We live in a fallen world and all sickness comes from that. At the same time, you can take sin = sickness and go way overboard. I am a big believer that if you are sick and can be healed by a Doctor, you absolutely should do so. At the same time, mental illness is a very complex topic. Psychology cannot offer a cure in most cases for deep mental illness, but only treat symptoms, but that is still a good start. Can Yeshua cure mental illness - absolutely, but advice to utterly ignore medical advice or help may be denying that help that a specific individual may need. The short answer is that everything is about the individual on an individual basis.

As for mainstream churches, we often use this term as derogatory term for bad churches. Our American churches are out there doing so much good that the world does not even want to try to do. To lump them all as 'mainstream churches,' isn't fair. Again, everything is about the individual. I have been to churches where I didn't fit in as well as others and to say that those churches that didn't respond to me personally as bad is not right.

I am as good a Christian as I can be, but at best, I am clumsily following my LORD. Everyday, He makes me better, but I stumble and fall and get up and go and over and over. Be forgiving of yourself and keep trying. We always think that the struggle for the Christian life means we aren't doing right when the struggle is often what makes us the better Christian. If you are truly a child of God, then everything you do God uses to sharpen you as His pencil. There is nothing more powerful in this world than a praying and seeking Christian because then we are relying on my LORD.

Thread Information