Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Context determines timing in Luke 21:32

Blog Entries

Re: Context determines timing in Luke 21:32

Quote Originally Posted by divaD View Post
    Luke 21:24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

Yet the text is not true if Jerusalem is trodden down of the Gentiles, then not trodden down of the Gentiles, then trodden down of the Gentiles. not trodden down of the Gentiles does not remotely equal and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled. Only trodden down by the Gentiles equals that.
    Incorrect. It is NOT true if the time of the Gentiles is not fulfilled BEFORE it is NO longer trodden down.
    The question is what does the phrase - the time of the Gentiles means?
    Related to this is what portion can no longer be trodden down for that time to be at an end?

I believe the time of the Gentiles is the period of time for the gospel to be preached throughout the world.
    And when the temple mount is once again accessible then Jerusalem is no longer being trodden down by the Gentiles.

This is found here:
    Mat 24:14* And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

and is related n my view to this:

Rom 11:25* Lest you be wise in your own sight, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.

You're basically suggesting that the text is making two claims though it is making only one claim.
    and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
    and Jerusalem shall not be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
    Nope I am saying EXACTLY as Luke has it:
    and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

However AFTER the time of the Gentiles is fulfilled THEN the END comes.
    We KNOW what the end entails:

Mat 24:15* “So when you see the abomination of desolation spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand),*
    Mat 24:16* then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.*

So there is only a SHORT period of time between the ending of Jerusalem being trodden down and then GT starting. I see it lasting the period of the first 6 trumpets.

As I also see this as being related:
    Mat 23:38* See, your house is left to you desolate.*
    Mat 23:39* For I tell you, you will not see me again, until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.’”*

Which of course connects with this:
    Rev 7:3* saying, “Do not harm the earth or the sea or the trees, until we have sealed the servants of our God on their foreheads.”*
    Rev 7:4* And I heard the number of the sealed, 144,000, sealed from every tribe of the sons of Israel:*
    Rev 7:5* 12,000 from the tribe of Judah were sealed, 12,000 from the tribe of Reuben, 12,000 from the tribe of Gad,*
    Rev 7:6* 12,000 from the tribe of Asher, 12,000 from the tribe of Naphtali, 12,000 from the tribe of Manasseh,*
    Rev 7:7* 12,000 from the tribe of Simeon, 12,000 from the tribe of Levi, 12,000 from the tribe of Issachar,*
    Rev 7:8* 12,000 from the tribe of Zebulun, 12,000 from the tribe of Joseph, 12,000 from the tribe of Benjamin were sealed.*

Re: Context determines timing in Luke 21:32

Quote Originally Posted by divaD View Post
    Your post had too many points for me to try and address. I agree with some of your points and some I don't, so I guess that makes us even then. What I have quoted above by you, that sums it up nicely IMO. I can see that fitting.
    Yeah. Trying to explain a whole chapter leaves everybody gasping. But thanks for reading it. God bless.

Thread Information