Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: AOC declares the end of the world is in 12 years

Re: AOC declares the end of the world is in 12 years

Quote Originally Posted by Jude View Post
    I'm not bashing anyone just an observation from personal experience is all..God has provided us with fruits vegetables and herbs for healing science is trying to duplicate it for profit because they can't patent them..
    If every disease had a "natural" cure, everyone would be using them. And there would be no need for medicines, or doctors for that matter...

They make synthetic drugs for profit while God provides natural remedies for free..
    They make pennicilan, aspirin, and other natural drugs for profit too. I for one am very grateful they do!
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Quote Originally Posted by Aviyah View Post
    I'm fine with it being a form of welfare since that was basically the intention and is how many seniors are utilizing it. I don't think everyone needs to be a recipient if that helps it survive.
    Well, it wasn't actually intended to be welfare, though for the first generation of recipients it could be called such. It was argued that what one received would be based off of what one put in. It was not supposed to be needs based as welfare is. It most likely, if welfare based, would have never received the popular support that it did back in the day.

Welfare = needs based, recipient never has to pay into it at all, etc.
    SS = paid in for working life (or husband/wife paid in while the other spouse was supported by and worked at home), recipent receives amount based off of what was contributed rather than need.

SSI also provides an insurance portion. The insurance portion is a nice touch. The retirement portion not so much, IMO.

I wish they would give us the right to privatize all of it, or a portion of it. I would have gladly opted out years ago and allowed them to keep every dime I paid in.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Blog Entries

They make synthetic drugs for profit while God provides natural remedies for free..
    Then eat natural remedies for free. No one is forcing you to do otherwise

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    They make pennicilan, aspirin, and other natural drugs for profit too. I for one am very grateful they do!
    Tetenis shots have saved me more than once. Works better than bananas too

Just wondering outlouf about the whole SS (or CPP here in Canada) in that when these were set up people were typically living maybe 10 years past retirement, but now people are living 20+ years. With an increasingly aging population that does put far more pressure onto the resources coming in from a relatively smaller workforce.
    Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.
    Ecc 7:10

John777 exists to me only in quoted form.

Quote Originally Posted by teddyv View Post
    Just wondering outlouf about the whole SS (or CPP here in Canada) in that when these were set up people were typically living maybe 10 years past retirement, but now people are living 20+ years. With an increasingly aging population that does put far more pressure onto the resources coming in from a relatively smaller workforce.
    Oh, no doubt. Social Security already pays out less than it takes it, and it's only going to get worse as time goes by.

Blog Entries

Another way of thinking would be taking my money to give it to a retiree with "the promise" that when I'm older I'll be the one taking money from the youth. I think of it as redistribution in the sense that the dollar itself is transferring from one to another.
    I can see your point and actually, after looking into it a bit more, it does have a form of redistribution built into it. Someone who earns over $100,000.00 a year will pay a lot more in S.S. taxes and get more money back than someone who earns $40,000.00 a year.
    But percentage wise the guy who earned the $100,000.00, while getting a bigger S.S. check, will receive less benefits back in proportion to what he paid in.
    Lower income workers will pay less in and get a much smaller S.S. check but will actually receive more benefits.

I'm fine with all of that.

But also I'm biased since SS will probably be gone by the time I'm that old.
    It's certainly looking that way. Heck, I'm 53 and worried that it will be gone by the time I'm ready to retire.

Welfare can be thought of the same way, as an "emergency" account for you managed by the government, but still redistribution to people currently taking from it.
    Welfare is a completely different thing altogether but as I already stated, I have no problem with the program whatsoever. I actually think it's good and needed.
    I have a huge problem with the years of ongoing widespread corruption and mismanagement though. Some high level people in the program should have went to jail or at the least lost jobs and pensions.
    A whole LOT of senators, congressmen/women, Governors etc etc on up should have been called on the carpet for not putting a stop to it.

I agree on the foreign aid part for sure - that's another position I agree with Trump on for the most part.
    Yup. And that's not a party thing either. Both sides have idiotic positions on it for the most part.
    Day by day
    Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    Or maybe AOC figures she'll be president in 12 years......??????

That would pretty much be the end for me.
    Lol! It can be somewhat disconcerting, seeing that this is the best and brightest that the left can offer, and yet, we need them....for laughter! Lol!
    JER 14:13 Then said I: 'Ah, Lord GOD! behold, the prophets say unto them: Ye shall not see the sword, neither shall ye have famine; but I will give you assured peace in this place.'
    JER 14:14 Then the LORD said unto me: 'The prophets prophesy lies in My name; I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spoke I unto them; they prophesy unto you a lying vision, and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their own heart.

The thing about AOC is nothing she's saying is new. Forget about her as a personality and look at how the policies she's advocating have fared in the past. Her top adviser on the "Green New Deal" (which is about 10% about the environment and 90% government takeover) is a Harvard Law Professor, Robert Hockett. She's basically just a mouthpiece for the communist agenda in the US.

Correction, I said Harvard but he's a Cornell law professor.

Blog Entries

Yes, it’s usually on college campuses where communism warps young minds.

Thread Information