Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 49

Thread: who is that Woman in the wilderness?

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pitt Meadows b.c.
    Posts
    4,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: who is that Woman in the wilderness?

    Correction

    The only other mention of a woman in the wilderness in the book of revelation is in chapter 17

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    ADELAIDE / South Australia
    Posts
    3,571

    Re: who is that Woman in the wilderness?

    The woman starts off being Israel, and then seems to be the Church...,

    17 So the dragon was enraged with the woman, and went off to make war with the rest of her children, who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus.
    And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pitt Meadows b.c.
    Posts
    4,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: who is that Woman in the wilderness?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    The woman starts off being Israel, and then seems to be the Church...,

    17 So the dragon was enraged with the woman, and went off to make war with the rest of her children, who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus.
    Actually its her other offspring which are the church

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    ADELAIDE / South Australia
    Posts
    3,571

    Re: who is that Woman in the wilderness?

    Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    Actually its her other offspring which are the church
    Offspring of the Man child who are born again.
    That makes the woman of rev 17 those who do not hold to Jesus testimony.

    3 And he carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness; and I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast, full of blasphemous names, having seven heads and ten horns. 4 The woman was clothed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, having in her hand a gold cup full of abominations and of the unclean things of her immorality, 5 and on her forehead a name was written, a mystery, “BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.” 6 And I saw the woman drunk with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the witnesses of Jesus. When I saw her, I wondered greatly.



    Just thinking out loud Bro
    And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    4,422
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: who is that Woman in the wilderness?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    The woman starts off being Israel, and then seems to be the Church...,

    17 So the dragon was enraged with the woman, and went off to make war with the rest of her children, who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus.
    I think when we see the highlighted in red it is Israel. So happens they also hold the testimony of Jesus

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    4,422
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: who is that Woman in the wilderness?

    Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    If the woman is protected for a 3 1/2 years in the wilderness in chapter 12 what happens to her after the 3 1/2 years?

    The only other mention of a woman in the wilderness in the book of revelation is in chapter 17
    Well, well......MF a question every student of prophecy should be asking.

    She is protect from the face of the serpent for 3.5 years, why? Because the serpent is in the earth (hell) under the sea for 3.5 years. Thus why he sends a flood of water after her. Now the he is called a serpent because he is a water and land beast. After 3.5 years the woman is no longer protect from the "face" of the serpent as the serpent come up from the pit and is now on land from 1260th day to the 1335 th. This is what we see in Rev 17 the same woman in Rev 12 with the beast.

    Are there really two different woman in the same wilderness at the same time? Nope.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    4,422
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: who is that Woman in the wilderness?

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    Wow Marty, that threw me back! I never looked at the Woman in a negative light, because she seems to be the object of the Devil's wrath! Why would they Devil hate his own?
    You say the devil hates his own? Because the 10 horns burn her with fire? Well the 10 horns are Israel whom give their power to the beast but then turn on her. So they are really not part of the devil at that point in time.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pitt Meadows b.c.
    Posts
    4,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: who is that Woman in the wilderness?

    Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    Well, well......MF a question every student of prophecy should be asking.

    She is protect from the face of the serpent for 3.5 years, why? Because the serpent is in the earth (hell) under the sea for 3.5 years. Thus why he sends a flood of water after her. Now the he is called a serpent because he is a water and land beast. After 3.5 years the woman is no longer protect from the "face" of the serpent as the serpent come up from the pit and is now on land from 1260th day to the 1335 th. This is what we see in Rev 17 the same woman in Rev 12 with the beast.

    Are there really two different woman in the same wilderness at the same time? Nope.
    Or for the 3 1/2 years could be that the woman was protected by God for His timing and the water was the first failed attempt by Rome to destroy Jerusalem in the battle of Beth heron

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    ADELAIDE / South Australia
    Posts
    3,571

    Re: who is that Woman in the wilderness?

    Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    I think when we see the highlighted in red it is Israel. So happens they also hold the testimony of Jesus
    Those who hold to the testimony of Jesus rely on him for their salvation , not their own ability to keep the commandments.
    This = the Church for me.

    The woman in Rev 17 is either a reemergence of apostate Israel or an apostate church sitting on the beast.

    The second beast looks a lamb but he aint the lamb. Its a lie and comes in his own name rather than the name of Jesus.
    And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pitt Meadows b.c.
    Posts
    4,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: who is that Woman in the wilderness?

    Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    There is a common thread in this approach, which I would address. There is this regular trashing of God's People who failed God. Whether Israel or the Catholic Church, there are those within Christianity who place a kind of barrier between themselves and the more "professional Church," or those who are purely "pretending People of God."

    I'm not at all saying there is no basis for this belief. Clearly, there is! I'm only saying this to confess that I have serious reservations about how far I should go with this kind of thinking, because it is so much less "evangelical," and tends to create walls of hostility between "them" and "us."

    It might be worth spending some time in figuring out how to be honest with those who are "professional Christians," or members in church organizations that are more superficial than real? And it might be worth trying to see how Israel, and the Jewish faith, may be brought back into alignment with what we may more legitimately call a "People of God?"
    Not sure what to make of this or how you place me in your thoughts here. I hope I am reading your thoughts about me wrong as I was just answering the question you asked as how I see it.

    I don't mean to thrash on them but I was showing what God did in history and why He did it and I don't mean to place a barrier or walls between myself and anyone.

    Luke 19:41-44
    41 As he approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it 42 and said, ďIf you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peaceóbut now it is hidden from your eyes. 43 The days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment against you and encircle you and hem you in on every side. 44 They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of Godís coming to you.Ē

    Of course we all wish for the Jews to come back to God as He didn't give up on them and shortened the time of the siege so some would survive and have a second chance. So I believe that what we are doing here could show the Jews the one true God and what He prophesied came true

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    4,422
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: who is that Woman in the wilderness?

    Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    Or for the 3 1/2 years could be that the woman was protected by God for His timing and the water was the first failed attempt by Rome to destroy Jerusalem in the battle of Beth heron
    need to get over the rome thing.......

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Pacific NW, USA
    Posts
    9,813

    Re: who is that Woman in the wilderness?

    Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    Not sure what to make of this or how you place me in your thoughts here. I hope I am reading your thoughts about me wrong as I was just answering the question you asked as how I see it.

    I don't mean to thrash on them but I was showing what God did in history and why He did it and I don't mean to place a barrier or walls between myself and anyone.

    Luke 19:41-44
    41 As he approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it 42 and said, “If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace—but now it is hidden from your eyes. 43 The days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment against you and encircle you and hem you in on every side. 44 They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God’s coming to you.”

    Of course we all wish for the Jews to come back to God as He didn't give up on them and shortened the time of the siege so some would survive and have a second chance. So I believe that what we are doing here could show the Jews the one true God and what He prophesied came true
    You can't be more fair than that. Thanks!

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pitt Meadows b.c.
    Posts
    4,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: who is that Woman in the wilderness?

    Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    She was in the good light in the first 2 forums in chapter 12 as Israel & Mary but then diverted away from God

    Satan does also hate his own like in the verse below

    Rev 17:16-17
    16 The beast and the ten horns you saw will hate the prostitute. They will bring her to ruin and leave her naked; they will eat her flesh and burn her with fire. 17 For God has put it into their hearts to accomplish his purpose by agreeing to hand over to the beast their royal authority, until Godís words are fulfilled.


    Here is a question to make you think.

    If the woman is protected for a 3 1/2 years in the wilderness in chapter 12 what happens to her after the 3 1/2 years?

    The only other mention of a woman in the wilderness in the book of revelation is in chapter 12
    Did you see this one earlier Randy? Wondering what you thing of the question

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pitt Meadows b.c.
    Posts
    4,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: who is that Woman in the wilderness?

    Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    Did you see this one earlier Randy? Wondering what you thing of the question
    Edit from the above reply

    She is only mentioned again in chapter 17

    The woman in the wilderness cannot be apart of the church because her other offspring is the church

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Pacific NW, USA
    Posts
    9,813

    Re: who is that Woman in the wilderness?

    Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    Did you see this one earlier Randy? Wondering what you thing of the question
    Well, I've long been told the Woman is Israel because of the crown of 12 stars she wears. Israel is the one who had a "wilderness experience." And Israel is the one Satan hates because they represent the Kingdom of God on the earth.

    So Israel, the Woman, gave birth to Christ, the Man-Child. That means Israel, who are God's genuine children, succeeded in giving birth to their Messiah.

    And then, switching to the endtimes, we see Israel, the Woman, still in the wilderness, attempting to come into her eternal inheritance. And we see her children, the Jews, fighting to establish Christianity within Israel, and Gentile believers also fighting to establish Christianity in the nations of the world. The Beast, inspired by Satan, attempts to stop Christianity both in Israel and in all the world.

    In this scenario, the Woman and her children are indistinguishable, because they both represent believers. It's just that the Woman represents the nation, and her children represent individual Jewish believers. The other children are individual Christians in other nations. Satan tries to destroy them all, the Jewish nation, Jewish believers, and Christians throughout the world.

    So yes, I do see the Woman in a positive light, in contrast to the Great Whore. I don't see why they can't be competitors for True Woman!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 26
    Last Post: Jan 22nd 2019, 10:51 PM
  2. Rev 12:6 / Rev 12:14-15 Woman in the wilderness
    By SeekFirstTheKingdom in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Oct 20th 2014, 07:43 AM
  3. Discussion Where is the wilderness the woman will flee to in Rev 12?
    By Vakeros in forum End Times Chat
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: Mar 4th 2013, 05:48 AM
  4. The Wilderness
    By petrospetra in forum Devotions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Apr 16th 2009, 08:32 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •