Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 176

Thread: What time of day was Jesus's death, burial, resurrection

  1. #16

    Re: What time of day was Jesus's death, burial, resurrection

    Quote Originally Posted by Walls View Post
    The Law of Moses says in Deuteronomy 21:23; "His body shall not remain all night upon the tree, but thou shalt in any wise bury him that day; (for he that is hanged is accursed of God) that thy land be not defiled, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance." So the Jews would not have left Christ on the cross until sunset. John 19:31 confirms this; "The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away." But even if it was, the deciding TIME is 3 p.m. because that is when our Lord died. The calculation must start there and not be longer than three days and three nights.
    This statement contradicts in several ways.

    You claim that “‘the Jews would not have left Christ on the cross until sunset’”. Why not? Because according to the logic of your claim, the following day would begin sunset.
    But you quote Deuteronomy 21:23 which says, "His body shall not remain all night upon the tree, but thou shalt in any wise bury him that day." “That day” started sunset at the beginning of night the body was left hanging the night but “not all night” of “that, day”. So the body had to be removed before sunrise that night and had to be buried after sunrise on “that selfsame day” still, in fact before sunset of “that day” still, and not after sunset “that day”; or, not before sunset the day before, upon which the body was hanged on the tree.

    Also, John 19:31 does not “‘confirm this’” because it does not say, quoting, "The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away."’. It actually reads, “The Jews then, because it had become The Preparation, besought Pilate that their legs might be broken and the bodies be taken away and should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath because ‘That Day’ was ‘great day of sabbath’”… OF THE PASSOVER.

  2. #17

    Re: What time of day was Jesus's death, burial, resurrection

    Jesus was buried on the day before the Sabbath. Jesus rose on the day after the Sabbath, which was also the earliest opportunity for the women to bring spices.

    Notice how Jesus uses the word "third day". It is the day after today and tomorrow.

    Luke 13:32 NIV He replied, “Go tell that fox, ‘I will keep on driving out demons and healing people today and tomorrow, and on the third day I will reach my goal.’
    Luke 24:7 ‘The Son of Man must be delivered over to the hands of sinners, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.’ ”

    3 days and 3 nights = 3 (days and nights). I don't see any examples in Scripture where the number days and nights are not equal when used together as a quantity. But we see 7 days and 7 nights, 40 days and 40 nights.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    832

    Re: What time of day was Jesus's death, burial, resurrection

    Quote Originally Posted by Walls View Post
    Exodus 12:3-6. Sorry brother for not posting it.
    Thank you...with reading this wouldn't then evening count as the next day? So Christ would have been crucified on Friday not Thursday according to this verse.
    Exodus 12:6 And ye shall keep it up until the fourteenth day of the same month: and the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it in the evening.

    Evening is considered the next day by scriptures yes? So the lamb was killed on the 15th day or the 5th day. This is how I am reading this verse.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    832

    Re: What time of day was Jesus's death, burial, resurrection

    Quote Originally Posted by greenonions View Post
    Jesus was buried on the day before the Sabbath. Jesus rose on the day after the Sabbath, which was also the earliest opportunity for the women to bring spices.

    Notice how Jesus uses the word "third day". It is the day after today and tomorrow.

    Luke 13:32 NIV He replied, “Go tell that fox, ‘I will keep on driving out demons and healing people today and tomorrow, and on the third day I will reach my goal.’
    Luke 24:7 ‘The Son of Man must be delivered over to the hands of sinners, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.’ ”
    I agree with you...plus we have Jesus saying on the third day not after:
    Matthew 17:23 And they shall kill him, and the third day he shall be raised again. And they were exceeding sorry.

    If Sunday is day 3 (the day he was raised)
    Saturday is day 2 (sabbath)
    Friday is day 1 (died)

  5. #20

    Re: What time of day was Jesus's death, burial, resurrection

    Quote Originally Posted by greenonions View Post
    Jesus was buried on the day before the Sabbath.
    Correct. Scripture?

    Joseph began preparing Jesus' body for burial with doing "the proper things of the Jews to bury" John 19:40, "when it was evening of the Preparation already" Mark 15:42 Matthew 27:57 John 19:31,38 Luke 23:50;

    Joseph ended "mid-afternoon of That Day the Preparation against the approaching Sabbath" Luke 23:54, "by the time of the Jews' preparations to start" John 19:42

    NOTE: Nothing of the crucifixion which was three hours plus before "evening" began after the sunset after Jesus' actual death.

    Quote Originally Posted by greenonions View Post
    Jesus rose on the day after the Sabbath.
    No Scripture.

    Real and only Scripture, Matthew 27:62...28:1 "The morrow (day) which is after the Preparation (Friday) ... late on the Sabbath / in the end of the Sabbath in the mid-afternoon daylight before / against / towards the First Day of the week ... was great earthquake ... the angel of the Lord from heaven descending with the brightness of his appearing cast the stone away from the tomb..." : behold the RESURRECTION OF CHRIST FROM THE DEAD "the third day He said He would!".

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    4,817
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What time of day was Jesus's death, burial, resurrection

    Folks.......I think we covered about everyday of the week except Tuesday on this thread.......

    The first day of the week is Sunday. And we can start it from evening to evening thus starts evening Sat. night..

    So Jesus rose on the first day. Thus he could have risen from evening (Sat night) to the end of evening the Sunday morning.

    However the earthquake, the stone being rolled away, Mary rushing to the tomb all occur just prior to dawn Sunday morning.

    Thus it is most likely that Christ rose just as the sunrise Sunday morning. Did he arose the prior evening and then what happen for the next many hours?

    And think of it, Christ is the LIGHT of the world figuratively AND literally. Note Christ was probably THE Light itself in Gen 1 separating the darkness. Thus Christ rising at sunrise fits.

    Now if we work 3 days back we get to Thursday morning sunrise. We know he died the day prior so from Thursday morning to Sunday morning is the three days in the grave. So he was not placed in the grave until 12 hours later or so.

    So then Christ died Wednesday 3pm the day prior to the sabbath (Wednesday night/The start of Thursday). Scripture states the body itself was not retrieved until the evening making the preparation working thru evening until the morning hours. Iam sure he just was not tossed in the grave as special care was taken in the preparation.

    Christ died Wednesday afternoon
    Christ buried Thursday morning prior to sunrise
    Christ resurrection Sunday morning prior to sunrise. (end of Sabbath)

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,774

    Re: What time of day was Jesus's death, burial, resurrection

    Quote Originally Posted by kyCyd View Post
    Thank you...with reading this wouldn't then evening count as the next day? So Christ would have been crucified on Friday not Thursday according to this verse.
    Exodus 12:6 And ye shall keep it up until the fourteenth day of the same month: and the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it in the evening.

    Evening is considered the next day by scriptures yes? So the lamb was killed on the 15th day or the 5th day. This is how I am reading this verse.
    Aaaahhh! You have opened up a subject that has truly been missed by Christianity at large. The Lord Jesus is our propitiation. That is, He is judged and suffered in our stead. I will leave my calculation of posting #4. Others have posted their views on the day of the week but nobody has shown mine to be wrong (not that it could not be wrong). Let us go straight to your question.

    The judgement that was due to us fell upon Jesus. And what does scripture say of this judgement? It is found in Matthew 10:28. "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in Gehenna." The death of the BODY is not even half of what is in store for those who go to the Lake of Fire. Isaiah 66:24 and Mark 9:43 to 48 allude to the TWOFOLD suffering - one of the body by FIRE and one of the inner man by WORM. Fire is OUTSIDE of a man and burns his body, and a worm crawls INSIDE a man and eats him alive. One is a suffering of the BODY, and one is a suffering of the SOUL. And Matthew 10:28 says the suffering of the SOUL is much worse and to be feared afar above the death of the Body.

    And on that fateful Passover our Lord Jesus DIED TWICE. He leaves the upper room, having eaten the Passover and proceeds to Gethsemane. There He leaves the slumbering disciples and moves some distance from them. And all alone, facing whatever horrendous things must come, HIS SOUL DIES. He cries out in Matthew 26:38 and Mark 14:34, "... My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: ... ." However dreadful the death of His Body was the next day, we have to believe scripture that says what happened in Gethsemane was MUCH WORSE. His worst sufferings came in THE EVENING. The Passover started at sunset. Within an hour or two our Lord Jesus suffered the "death" of His soul, and not just some worrisome thing, but the wrath of God that made Him sweat blood - very rare proof of extreme psychological suffering, seldom seen, even on the battlefield.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,774

    Re: What time of day was Jesus's death, burial, resurrection

    Quote Originally Posted by Nhosrebe View Post
    This statement contradicts in several ways.

    You claim that “‘the Jews would not have left Christ on the cross until sunset’”. Why not? Because according to the logic of your claim, the following day would begin sunset.
    But you quote Deuteronomy 21:23 which says, "His body shall not remain all night upon the tree, but thou shalt in any wise bury him that day." “That day” started sunset at the beginning of night the body was left hanging the night but “not all night” of “that, day”. So the body had to be removed before sunrise that night and had to be buried after sunrise on “that selfsame day” still, in fact before sunset of “that day” still, and not after sunset “that day”; or, not before sunset the day before, upon which the body was hanged on the tree.

    Also, John 19:31 does not “‘confirm this’” because it does not say, quoting, "The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away."’. It actually reads, “The Jews then, because it had become The Preparation, besought Pilate that their legs might be broken and the bodies be taken away and should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath because ‘That Day’ was ‘great day of sabbath’”… OF THE PASSOVER.
    I've read your posting a number of times and cannot follow your argument. It is probably my fault. So instead of answering your objection, I will simply lay down what I regard as the time sequence on that fateful Passover, maintaining, as I did in posting #4, that the Biblical and thus Jewish solar day starts at sunset and ends at sunset 24 hours later.
    • Our Lord Jesus goes into the upper room at sunset - the beginning of the Passover by the Biblical day
    • Having eaten the Passover and spoken to His disciples, probably an hour later, He proceeds with the disciples, less Judas, to Gethsemane
    • Having suffered the loss of His soul and been arrested, He is shunted back and forth during the remainder of the night between the religious leaders and the political leaders in an excuse for a trial.
    • Somewhere around 8 a.m. He is condemned to death and makes the journey to Golgotha
    • At 9 a.m. He is nailed to the cross
    • At 3 p.m. He dies physically
    • There are now 3 hours left of "THAT DAY" so the Jews approach Pilate to get permission to fulfill Deuteronomy 21:23.
    • Pilate agrees, but the two criminals are not yet dead. Time is running out, for the Law of Moses applies to ANY man hanged on a tree. So they break the legs of the criminals inducing clinical shock and subsequent death, and remove all three from the cross by sunset - the sunset that ends the Passover and "that day".

    I hope that this is clear enough. God bless.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    832

    Re: What time of day was Jesus's death, burial, resurrection

    Quote Originally Posted by Walls View Post
    Aaaahhh! You have opened up a subject that has truly been missed by Christianity at large. The Lord Jesus is our propitiation. That is, He is judged and suffered in our stead. I will leave my calculation of posting #4. Others have posted their views on the day of the week but nobody has shown mine to be wrong (not that it could not be wrong). Let us go straight to your question.
    Ok then let me be the first to say it couldn't have been on a Thursday. These are the dates of Passover, as you can see there is no Thursday.
    Monday, April 18, A.D. 29
    Friday, April 7, A.D. 30
    Tuesday, March 27, A.D. 31
    Monday, April 14, A.D. 32
    Friday, April 3, A.D. 33
    Wednesday, March 24, A.D. 34
    Tuesday, April 12, A.D. 35
    Saturday, March 31, A.D. 36

    This is the link to this site in explaining why they think by all info we have that it was Friday AD 33.

    The judgement that was due to us fell upon Jesus. And what does scripture say of this judgement? It is found in Matthew 10:28. "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in Gehenna." The death of the BODY is not even half of what is in store for those who go to the Lake of Fire. Isaiah 66:24 and Mark 9:43 to 48 allude to the TWOFOLD suffering - one of the body by FIRE and one of the inner man by WORM. Fire is OUTSIDE of a man and burns his body, and a worm crawls INSIDE a man and eats him alive. One is a suffering of the BODY, and one is a suffering of the SOUL. And Matthew 10:28 says the suffering of the SOUL is much worse and to be feared afar above the death of the Body.

    And on that fateful Passover our Lord Jesus DIED TWICE. He leaves the upper room, having eaten the Passover and proceeds to Gethsemane. There He leaves the slumbering disciples and moves some distance from them. And all alone, facing whatever horrendous things must come, HIS SOUL DIES. He cries out in Matthew 26:38 and Mark 14:34, "... My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: ... ." However dreadful the death of His Body was the next day, we have to believe scripture that says what happened in Gethsemane was MUCH WORSE. His worst sufferings came in THE EVENING. The Passover started at sunset. Within an hour or two our Lord Jesus suffered the "death" of His soul, and not just some worrisome thing, but the wrath of God that made Him sweat blood - very rare proof of extreme psychological suffering, seldom seen, even on the battlefield.
    On this I never thought about it this way...that His suffering started then. Much food for thought for sure. Thanks

  10. #25

    Re: What time of day was Jesus's death, burial, resurrection

    Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    Folks.......I think we covered about everyday of the week except Tuesday on this thread.......

    The first day of the week is Sunday. And we can start it from evening to evening thus starts evening Sat. night..

    So Jesus rose on the first day. Thus he could have risen from evening (Sat night) to the end of evening the Sunday morning.

    However the earthquake, the stone being rolled away, Mary rushing to the tomb all occur just prior to dawn Sunday morning.

    Thus it is most likely that Christ rose just as the sunrise Sunday morning. Did he arose the prior evening and then what happen for the next many hours?

    And think of it, Christ is the LIGHT of the world figuratively AND literally. Note Christ was probably THE Light itself in Gen 1 separating the darkness. Thus Christ rising at sunrise fits.

    Now if we work 3 days back we get to Thursday morning sunrise. We know he died the day prior so from Thursday morning to Sunday morning is the three days in the grave. So he was not placed in the grave until 12 hours later or so.

    So then Christ died Wednesday 3pm the day prior to the sabbath (Wednesday night/The start of Thursday). Scripture states the body itself was not retrieved until the evening making the preparation working thru evening until the morning hours. Iam sure he just was not tossed in the grave as special care was taken in the preparation.

    Christ died Wednesday afternoon
    Christ buried Thursday morning prior to sunrise
    Christ resurrection Sunday morning prior to sunrise. (end of Sabbath)
    Many assertions, no proof, no Scripture, no logic.

    What logic is this…
    Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    The first day of the week is Sunday. And we can start it from evening to evening thus starts evening Sat. night.. So Jesus rose on the first day.
    “‘So…’”? So what?
    Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    The first day of the week is Sunday
    ? So because the “‘first day of the week is Sunday’”, “‘Jesus rose on the first day’”?! “‘And we can start it from evening to evening thus starts evening Sat. night’”, “‘So Jesus rose on the first day’”?!
    Is this your logic? Is this you Scripture? Is this your proof?!

    God help us!

    Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    …Thus he could have risen from evening (Sat night) to the end of evening the Sunday morning
    “‘Thus…’” Thus what? “‘Thus’” because the “‘first day of the week is Sunday’”, “‘he could have risen from evening (Sat night) to the end of evening the Sunday morning’”?! “‘And we can start it from evening to evening thus starts evening Sat. night’”, “‘Thus he could have risen from evening (Sat night) to the end of evening the Sunday morning’’”?!
    Is this your logic? Is this you Scripture? Is this your proof?!

    God help us!

    Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    …However the earthquake, the stone being rolled away, Mary rushing to the tomb all occur just prior to dawn Sunday morning.
    “‘However…’”? However what? “‘However the earthquake, the stone being rolled away, Mary rushing to the tomb’”? So “‘however all occur just prior to dawn Sunday morning’”?! “‘Thus .. however .. it is most likely that Christ rose just as the sunrise Sunday morning’”?!

    Is this your logic? Is this you Scripture? Is this your proof?!

    God help us!

    Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    And think of it, Christ is the LIGHT of the world figuratively AND literally. Note Christ was probably THE Light itself in Gen 1 separating the darkness. Thus Christ rising at sunrise fits.
    “‘And think of it…’” Think of what? “‘…think of it, Christ is the LIGHT of the world figuratively AND literally. Note Christ was probably THE Light itself in Gen 1 separating the darkness. Thus Christ rising at sunrise fits.’”

    Is this your logic? “‘Think of it’”?!
    Is this your Scripture? “‘Christ was probably THE Light itself in Gen 1’”?! which He most certainly was not because He created that light himself.
    Is this your proof, “‘Thus Christ rising at sunrise fits’”?! Which Scripture by the way?!

    God help us!

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    4,817
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What time of day was Jesus's death, burial, resurrection

    Quote Originally Posted by Nhosrebe View Post
    Many assertions, no proof, no Scripture, no logic.

    What logic is this…


    “‘So…’”? So what? ? So because the “‘first day of the week is Sunday’”, “‘Jesus rose on the first day’”?! “‘And we can start it from evening to evening thus starts evening Sat. night’”, “‘So Jesus rose on the first day’”?!
    Is this your logic? Is this you Scripture? Is this your proof?!

    God help us!



    “‘Thus…’” Thus what? “‘Thus’” because the “‘first day of the week is Sunday’”, “‘he could have risen from evening (Sat night) to the end of evening the Sunday morning’”?! “‘And we can start it from evening to evening thus starts evening Sat. night’”, “‘Thus he could have risen from evening (Sat night) to the end of evening the Sunday morning’’”?!
    Is this your logic? Is this you Scripture? Is this your proof?!

    God help us!



    “‘However…’”? However what? “‘However the earthquake, the stone being rolled away, Mary rushing to the tomb’”? So “‘however all occur just prior to dawn Sunday morning’”?! “‘Thus .. however .. it is most likely that Christ rose just as the sunrise Sunday morning’”?!

    Is this your logic? Is this you Scripture? Is this your proof?!

    God help us!



    “‘And think of it…’” Think of what? “‘…think of it, Christ is the LIGHT of the world figuratively AND literally. Note Christ was probably THE Light itself in Gen 1 separating the darkness. Thus Christ rising at sunrise fits.’”

    Is this your logic? “‘Think of it’”?!
    Is this your Scripture? “‘Christ was probably THE Light itself in Gen 1’”?! which He most certainly was not because He created that light himself.
    Is this your proof, “‘Thus Christ rising at sunrise fits’”?! Which Scripture by the way?!

    God help us!
    This negative response deserves no reply nor is it needed. All what you have questioned has been already written in the thread.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,774

    Re: What time of day was Jesus's death, burial, resurrection

    Quote Originally Posted by Nhosrebe View Post
    Many assertions, no proof, no Scripture, no logic.

    What logic is this…


    “‘So…’”? So what? ? So because the “‘first day of the week is Sunday’”, “‘Jesus rose on the first day’”?! “‘And we can start it from evening to evening thus starts evening Sat. night’”, “‘So Jesus rose on the first day’”?!
    Is this your logic? Is this you Scripture? Is this your proof?!

    God help us!



    “‘Thus…’” Thus what? “‘Thus’” because the “‘first day of the week is Sunday’”, “‘he could have risen from evening (Sat night) to the end of evening the Sunday morning’”?! “‘And we can start it from evening to evening thus starts evening Sat. night’”, “‘Thus he could have risen from evening (Sat night) to the end of evening the Sunday morning’’”?!
    Is this your logic? Is this you Scripture? Is this your proof?!

    God help us!



    “‘However…’”? However what? “‘However the earthquake, the stone being rolled away, Mary rushing to the tomb’”? So “‘however all occur just prior to dawn Sunday morning’”?! “‘Thus .. however .. it is most likely that Christ rose just as the sunrise Sunday morning’”?!

    Is this your logic? Is this you Scripture? Is this your proof?!

    God help us!



    “‘And think of it…’” Think of what? “‘…think of it, Christ is the LIGHT of the world figuratively AND literally. Note Christ was probably THE Light itself in Gen 1 separating the darkness. Thus Christ rising at sunrise fits.’”

    Is this your logic? “‘Think of it’”?!
    Is this your Scripture? “‘Christ was probably THE Light itself in Gen 1’”?! which He most certainly was not because He created that light himself.
    Is this your proof, “‘Thus Christ rising at sunrise fits’”?! Which Scripture by the way?!

    God help us!
    Normally, when a brother or sister in the Lord spots a mistake, or a wrong concept, the Christian procedure is to point out the error, and THEN show the correct understanding. Those servants of the Lord who have been given more than others had better use their power carefully. A dire threat is attached to a position of responsibility. Matthew 24:45-51.

    45 "Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?
    46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
    47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.
    48 But and if THAT evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;
    49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
    50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,
    51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth."


    I have made "THAT" in verse 48 bold capitals to show that it was the same servant who started so well. Let us all be careful how we, who have been given the gift of "cutting the word correctly", treat those who might have studied it long and hard and still not seen the issue at hand.

    Now, in the politest way, may I ask for your calculation on the time and day of the week that our Lord Jesus started His "three days and three nights in the heart of the earth"?

  13. #28

    Re: What time of day was Jesus's death, burial, resurrection

    Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    Did he arose the prior evening and then what happen for the next many hours?
    By what logic answers “‘what happen for the next many hours’” your arbitrary question, “‘Did he arose the prior evening’”?! No logic!
    According to you, “‘what happen for the next many hours’” according to which Scripture?! No Scripture!


    Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    Now if we work 3 days back we get to Thursday morning sunrise.
    “‘…work back’” with logic from after “‘the next many hours’” after “‘the prior evening he arose’”, “‘we get to Thursday morning sunrise’”?!
    Scripture?
    And you call THIS, proof?!
    God help us!

    “‘We know he died the day prior so from Thursday morning to Sunday morning is the three days in the grave.’”?!
    O God, help us!

    “‘…the three days in the grave’”?!
    O God, help us!

    But worst, as BEFORE decided by Ross, “‘…work back … to Sunday morning’”!
    On basis of what “‘work back to Sunday morning’”!? On basis of Ross’ omniscient bias in defiance of any and all Scripture “‘work back to Sunday morning’”!
    O God, help us!

    And then the Ross lost it completely… “‘So he was not placed in the grave until 12 hours later or so.[/QUOTE]

    No logic, no Scripture, no idea!

    Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    So then Christ died Wednesday 3pm the day prior to the sabbath (Wednesday night/The start of Thursday).
    No logic, no Scripture, no idea, no nothing!

    But wait! Perhaps …
    Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    Scripture states the body itself was not retrieved until the evening making the preparation working thru evening until the morning hours. Iam sure he just was not tossed in the grave as special care was taken in the preparation.
    O God, how wonderful are your ways, how clear your written Word!
    “‘Scripture states…’”! Halleluiah for Mark 15:42–46a Matthew 27:57–59 Luke 23:50 – 53 John 19:31–40! You may be SURE “‘he was not tossed in the grave as special care was taken in the preparation”’ “TO THE ETHICAL LAW of the Jews”, the passover-Scriptures, “TO BURY” the Passover Lamb of God Our Passover Jesus Christ! John 19:40.

    And THUS, “therefore”, “LAID they Jesus .. in the place where He was crucified where there was a garden and in the garden a new sepulchre wherein was never man yet laid .. BY THE TIME THE JEWS’ PREPAFRATIONS STARTED”, “MID-AFTERNOON THAT DAY THE PREPARATION THE SABBATH NEARING.” John 19:42 Luke 23:54-56a.

  14. #29

    Re: What time of day was Jesus's death, burial, resurrection

    Quote Originally Posted by kyCyd View Post
    Thank you...with reading this wouldn't then evening count as the next day? So Christ would have been crucified on Friday not Thursday according to this verse.
    Exodus 12:6 And ye shall keep it up until the fourteenth day of the same month: and the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it in the evening.

    Evening is considered the next day by scriptures yes? So the lamb was killed on the 15th day or the 5th day. This is how I am reading this verse.
    One of the few cases the KJV unfortunately used archaic English, 'evening' in stead of simply "late (daylight)" the same as for 'ereb' because Exodus 12:6 actually has, literally, "between the two quarters of days", "mid-afternoon" as in Luke 23:54 (buried) and Matthew 28:1 (resurrected).

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    4,817
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What time of day was Jesus's death, burial, resurrection

    Quote Originally Posted by kyCyd View Post
    Ok then let me be the first to say it couldn't have been on a Thursday. These are the dates of Passover, as you can see there is no Thursday.
    Monday, April 18, A.D. 29
    Friday, April 7, A.D. 30
    Tuesday, March 27, A.D. 31
    Monday, April 14, A.D. 32
    Friday, April 3, A.D. 33
    Wednesday, March 24, A.D. 34
    Tuesday, April 12, A.D. 35
    Saturday, March 31, A.D. 36

    This is the link to this site in explaining why they think by all info we have that it was Friday AD 33.



    On this I never thought about it this way...that His suffering started then. Much food for thought for sure. Thanks
    Well he stopped a year short.....

    37AD the Passover was on Thursday (starting Wednesday night) Wednesday was the 14th day then at evening became the 15th day.

    Thus agreeing with the point Thursday to Sunday


    5 In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the Lord's passover.
    6 And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the Lord: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread.

    Also there are those which hold that Christ was born 4AD thus making him 33 upon death....

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Jesus' death, resurrection, and ascension in the OT?
    By Nihil Obstat in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: Feb 9th 2019, 04:55 PM
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: Nov 6th 2016, 06:25 PM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: Sep 23rd 2011, 06:54 PM
  4. Jesus' death burial & resurrection
    By embankmentlb in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jul 12th 2010, 04:21 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •