Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: What time of day was Jesus's death, burial, resurrection

Re: What time of day was Jesus's death, burial, resurrection

Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post

I am still investigating the dates of Passover during the time of Christ's death. The days and dates you posted don't harmonize with all others as there are many variations. For example below. This site says Wednesday was death and Passover while still maintaining the fact that Jesus had to be raised on the first day of the week Sunday. As you can see there is much deviation from your site.

28 AD Passover Monday, March 29
    29 AD Passover Saturday, April 16
    30 AD Passover Wednesday, April 5
    31 AD Passsover Monday, March 26
    32 AD Passover, Monday, April 14
    33 AD Passover, Friday, April 3

Clue #3 may be in error at Caesar co-reigned start 12AD. Thus in the 15th year may start John the Baptist ministry starting as early as 26AD.
    Well if you do find a credible link please post it. For now I am betting on the Catholic's having it right. I am not Catholic...I just go with the more credible information!

A Friday death does not fit!!
    True.

Christ rose on the first day of the week which is Sunday!!!!
    Exclamation marks tend not to prove anything, nor to be Scripture.

Quote Originally Posted by kyCyd View Post
    Well this is interesting...and could make a difference. Do you have a link to read about this?
    There is quite a bit of info out there. You might want to research the word dechiyot. After that try this site:

http://www.karaitejudaism.org/talks/...dar_Issues.htm

Here is the bottom line of calendar development.
    The most holiest day of Yom Kippur (day of atonement) is not allowed to fall on Friday or Sunday, (day before or day after a Sabbath). And,
    Secondly, Hoshana Rabbah is not allowed to fall on a Sabbath. Hoshana Rabbah is the last day of the feast of Tabernacles.

Blessings
    The PuP

Blog Entries

[QUOTE]
    I am not into the 3 night thing...that was covered on that other link I had posted about the 72 hours not needed.
    For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Looks like the bible is into the 3 night thing.....

If you take a Thursday death/Friday Passover (Thursday night) three full days would be Sunday 3pm.

Even if you take the day not to be full to fit Sunday morning resurrection the Sabbath ended before Christ resurrection. With a Friday Passover the Sabbath does not end until Sunday night????? Either way, anyway it does not fit

[QUOTE=ross3421;3484928]
    For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Thursday 3pm resurrection would not count as a FULL day. Thus this leaves the resurrection Sunday 3pm (3 full days).
    Jesus also said on the third day he would raise:
    Matthew 17:23 And they shall kill him, and the third day he shall be raised again. And they were exceeding sorry.

So we have to look somewhere for understanding of these things, he didn't raise on day 4.

[QUOTE=ross3421;3484928]

If you take a Thursday death/Friday Passover (Thursday night) three full days would be Sunday 3pm.

Even if you take the day not to be full to fit Sunday morning resurrection the Sabbath ended before Christ resurrection. With a Friday Passover the Sabbath does not end until Sunday night????? Either way, anyway it does not fit
    A Friday Passover starts on Thursday night.

Matthew 4:2 And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred.

Luke and Mark both record it as forty days.

Which one is error? This is some of what was pointed out with that other link I gave.

Quote Originally Posted by Pesachpup View Post
    There is quite a bit of info out there. You might want to research the word dechiyot. After that try this site:

http://www.karaitejudaism.org/talks/...dar_Issues.htm

Here is the bottom line of calendar development.
    The most holiest day of Yom Kippur (day of atonement) is not allowed to fall on Friday or Sunday, (day before or day after a Sabbath). And,
    Secondly, Hoshana Rabbah is not allowed to fall on a Sabbath. Hoshana Rabbah is the last day of the feast of Tabernacles.

Blessings
    The PuP
    Thanks, but this basically just explains their calendar and how they count things. I was thinking you had information regarding the years in question re the death of Jesus. I would need something with those calculations already there. I would never figure it out for myself with something like this that is for sure.

Well if you do find a credible link please post it. For now I am betting on the Catholic's having it right. I am not Catholic...I just go with the more credible information!
    Link your Bible, it's got the only credible information proving the Catholics have it all wrong.

Blog Entries

Jesus also said on the third day he would raise:
    Matthew 17:23 And they shall kill him, and the third day he shall be raised again. And they were exceeding sorry.
    So we have to look somewhere for understanding of these things, he didn't raise on day 4.
    Exactly. "ON the third day" which I would take the third day itself ....so between the third day and before the start of the fourth he arose. In your view we don't even get to the third day

Exactly. "ON the third day" which I would take the third day itself must be completed.....so between the third day and before the start of the fourth he arose. In your view we don't even get to the third day
    I understand what you are saying. I just don't think Jesus ment 24 hr days. So Friday at 3pm would have still counted as a day to me even though 24 hrs later would be a day. Does that make sense? It still counts Friday as being a day...not just a few hours. That is I believe how they are taking things.

Three days—first two of

“That the Scriptures should be fulfilled, A bone of Him shall not be broken / severed.” John 19:36.

FIRST of the “three days” …
    “THIS DAY …” (Luke 22:34) beginning, sunset …
    “EVENING …” Mark 14:12,17 Matthew 26:17,20 Luke 22:7,14 John 13:1
    “… when the hour” Luke 22:14
    “NIGHT …” John 13:30
    “… hour and power of darkness …” Luke 22:53,61
    “AS DAY BROKE …” Luke 22:66
    “TODAY … Luke 23:43
    “The ASSEMBLY …” – Luke 23:48a Mark 15:16,41 Matthew 27:36,47 John 19:26 “… pierced my hands and feet. Psalm 22:16
    “… the sixth hour …” Luke 23:44a
    “… NINTH hour … 44b
    “ALL RETURNED” Luke 23:48.

SECOND of the “three days” …
    “THAT DAY” (Luke 22:54a)
    “Selfsame Day / BONE-Day”* “sabbath” Ex 12:17,51 Lev 23:11,15,16
    “… great day sabbath” John 19:31
    “FIRST DAY eat nothing leavened” Ex 12:20
    “FIRST DAY Eat Unleavened Bread” Ex 12:15c,16a Lev 23:7 …
    “This Selfsame Day brought out” Ex 12:17, Nmb 33:3
    “THIS DAY FEAST” Ex 12:40 John 18:28x19:31
    “THIS IS THAT NIGHT OBSERVED” Ex 12:42 Lev 23:6
    “EVENING …” Mark 15:42 Matthew 27:57 John 19:31 Luke 23:50
    “THEREFORE, SINCE it had become the Preparation …
    “BECAUSE THAT (sabbath) day was great sabbath(-day)” John 19:31
    “… they brake not his legs …” John 19:33,36 Ex 12:9
    “… out of his side came blood” John 19:34, 7:9 Ex 12:22,23,13
    “… for a sign which shall be spoken against” Luke 2:34,35
    “My bones are pierced in Me IN THE NIGHT” Job 30:17
    “They shall look upon Me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for Him as one mourneth for his only son and shall be in bitterness for his firstborn.” Zechariah 12:10b Exodus 12:30 “In the NIGHT there was a great cry for not a house was there without a firstborn dead.”
    “AFTER THIS …” John 19:38
    “… suddenly there came Joseph …” Luke 23:50
    “THE FIRST NIGHT … also Nicodemus came there …” John 19:39
    “BY THE TIME therefore of the Jews’ preparations, laid they Jesus” John 19:42

… “night and day” until …

“Joseph rolled a stone unto the door of the sepulchre …” Mark 15:46
    “… and departed.” Matthew 27:60
    “THAT DAY had been The Preparation, and the Sabbath began to draw near.” Luke 23:54.
    “Having returned home, the women prepared spices and ointments, and …”
    after sunset-end of “… the Fore-Sabbath …” Mark 15:42
    “…began to rest the Sabbath according to the Commandment.”

*“BONE-Day”-“Combined/Combining-Day” Ex 12:9 from the night-LAST-part of Abib 13 “at the end of the four hundred and thirty years” Ex 12:41a having become the night-FIRST-part of Abib 14 Ex 12:14.
    There clearly are two daylights before and after the only night involved in the exodus story from chapter 12:1 to chapter 13:22.
    Exodus 12-13 includes and combines two nights into one, and two daylights into one, and so includes and combines 1) slaughter and eating and incineration of passover, 2) removal of leaven and eat of unleavened bread, and 3) exodus from Egypt and exodus into the wilderness, into and upon the same DATE “on the fourteenth day of the First Month”.

Blog Entries

I understand what you are saying. I just don't think Jesus ment 24 hr days. So Friday at 3pm would have still counted as a day to me even though 24 hrs later would be a day. Does that make sense? It still counts Friday as being a day...not just a few hours. That is I believe how they are taking things.
    I understand but starting Friday gets you to Sunday during the day for three days and he arose before dawn on Sunday unless you start on Thursday

Thanks, but this basically just explains their calendar and how they count things. I was thinking you had information regarding the years in question re the death of Jesus. I would need something with those calculations already there. I would never figure it out for myself with something like this that is for sure.
    Some "date calculators" used to reproduce calendars of old, especially of the 1st century and before, use varying rules for determining when the year begins. The information that Ross 3421 provided, obviously do not agree with the rules used in modern Jewish calendars [because of the determined dates of Passover falling on forbidden dates.] It is not known whether these dechiyot rules of postponement were being used in the time of Christ. My guess would be yes they were because of Jesus's condemnation of pharisee-ical traditions above what is written in God's word.

Blessings
    The PuP

I understand but starting Friday gets you to Sunday during the day for three days and he arose before dawn on Sunday unless you start on Thursday
    Well you are starting on Thursday evening when it turns to Friday. Just like Sunday starts Saturday evening and goes from there yes? It allows for there being several hours of Sunday being the third day. The only part that doesn't fit with them would be the 3 night thing...but of course there was an explaination for it. I still have not seen a Thursday Passover date. Did you find a link for that?

Thread Information