Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112

Thread: What time of day was Jesus's death, burial, resurrection

Re: What time of day was Jesus's death, burial, resurrection

Quote Originally Posted by kyCyd View Post
    I have read things regarding each day from there being extra sabbaths to there being 2 Passovers...I have read those that believe it is Wednesday, those that believe Thursday...and those that believe Friday, all having points. So I don't know what else I can read on the subject. Because all of them have the problem of Mark and John not lining up with each other to know.
    You can read THE SUBJECT, the last chapters of the four Gospels dealing with 'The Heart of the Gospel', Christ's Last Passover-of-Yahweh Suffering and Triumph and you WILL see for yourself none of them nor the four together have the problem of Mark and John not lining up with each other!

Quote Originally Posted by kyCyd View Post
    Understanding the OT is only part of my problem with the day...it is understanding the gospel accounts of the days.

So my conclusion is: I don't know

If you know and understand the difference in Mark and John, you have not made this clear.
    To say I have not made something clear, you must have understood something to show me how I have not made it clear. Tell me what it is, then I could answer you.
    This I believed first, then researched, then concluded is sure certain and truth, That as the Gospels are in perfect harmony, so are the Old and New Testaments on "'the Subject'".

Quote Originally Posted by Nhosrebe View Post
    Again your a priori, your axiom, is "'The accounts of the day are different.'"

Change it! Make it The accounts of the day are in perfect agreement --IF the translation is faithful, which the KJV virtually perfectly is.
    You are right...I do need to have that attitude about it. I do use the KJV that is what I have always used. That and my concordance.

You can read THE SUBJECT, the last chapters of the four Gospels dealing with 'The Heart of the Gospel', Christ's Last Passover-of-Yahweh Suffering and Triumph and you WILL see for yourself none of them nor the four together have the problem of Mark and John not lining up with each other!
    I found sites that helped with harmonizing the gospels and see there is a lot that fits together. So I do keep looking. I have read and listened to the gospels regarding the crucifixion so I have done that. You were not bringing up anything that I had not done... then plus research.
    Here are some sites on harmonizing them
    https://www.blueletterbible.org/study/harmony/index.cfm

http://www.abideinchrist.com/message...ucifixion.html

Anyway I will eventually figure it out and have a conclusion I just don't know when that will be haha

You may read about this one on the same site.

Look at how you posed this idea right here. It does not matter where you put the full stop; the words' meanings maintain the correct over-all impression of Christ's "Sabbath's", Resurrection "as it began to dawn towards the First Day of the week ... EXPLAINED THE ANGEL to the women" ... on Sunday morning just after sunrise!

Why need the angel explaining WHILE the women, supposedly, saw?

The women did not see! The Text says they "set out (from home) TO go have a look at the grave" Infinitive of INTENT.

One cannot just insert a '.' in Greek. The Conjunctive 'de' determines the new sentence's starting point.

The way you propose to have the sentences divided cause contradiction between the Sealing "the morning after the Preparation" Friday which was after sunrise "on the Sabbath" and not "late" or "in the end of the Sabbath".

Allow me to bring under your attention the MOST GLARING, simultaneous, orchestrated, unanimous, universal, invariably and in totality never contradicting CORRUPTING undertaking, suddenly in the last 100 years SPECIFICALLY PERTAINING THE SCRIPTURES INDICATING DAY AND TIME OF DAY of Christ's Resurrection.

Make of it what you want; I know what it is all about. It's all about SUNDAY-WORSHIP.
    Thanks for the Greek lesson on de. Could opse de sabbatwn mean "a later week", i.e. could the two Sabbatwn in Matthew 28:1 refer to the same week?

"morning" in Matthew 27:62: epaurion could simply mean "the next day", not just morning.

Acts 10:9 KJV On the morrow [epaurion], as they went on their journey, and drew nigh unto the city, Peter went up upon the housetop to pray about the sixth hour:

"preparation day": We agree that this is Friday, but you think Jesus was not buried on the same day as His crucifixion.

In your timeline, the stone is sealed on Saturday morning and the guards are posted on Saturday morning, and the stone is rolled away before sunset. This is incompatible with the alibi of the disciples coming by night while the guards slept.

Matthew 28:13 KJV Saying, Say ye, His disciples came by night, and stole him away while we slept.

Quote Originally Posted by greenonions View Post
    Could opse de sabbatwn mean "a later week", i.e. could the two Sabbatwn in Matthew 28:1 refer to the same week?
    No, “‘opse de sabbatwn’” cannot mean ‘a later week’, because ‘opse’ is no Adjective (‘later’) describing a Noun, ‘week’ but is an Adverb telling WHEN “there WAS” an earthquake and WHEN the angel cast the stone away from the grave, “Sabbath-Day’s-time” – ‘Sabbatohn’.

The literal Genitive in the more frequent and more dominant Plural ‘Sabbatohn’ occurrences, as, to lesser extent the Genitive Singular ‘Sabbatou’ occurrences, is etymologically apparent and can be traced AD in instances of common usage, as it in New Testament Koine Greek had become the new and Christian TITLE and NAME in the Christian Church which replaced the Old Testament Hebrew “Seventh Day Sabbath” and before the end of the first century, as Christianity spread over all the earth, had become the seventh day of the week on the civil calendar. Thus the meaning of ‘sabbatohn’ Genitive Plural IN PHRASES, became ‘of the week’, for example, “the First (Day) of the week”, ‘Mian (Hehmeran) sabbatohn’, and so on, though the sixth day of the week more or less remained ‘the Preparation (which is the Fore-Sabbath)’ in Greek and did not become ‘the Sixth Day’ which it used to be in Hebrew in the OT.

There is no reason nor grounds for assuming that ‘Sabbatohn’ means “‘two Sabbaths’” in the same week. There were two ‘sabbaths’ in Jesus’ Last Week, but the other ‘sabbath’ was not the Singular Plural ‘Sabbatohn’ in Matthew 28:1, but “that sabbath due to the fact that That Day was great-day-of-sabbath” OF THE PASSOVER, “the Preparation which is the Fore-Sabbath” Mark 15:42 Matthew 27:57 John 19:31 Luke 23:50.

"morning" in Matthew 27:62: epaurion could simply mean "the next day", not just morning.

Acts 10:9 KJV On the morrow [epaurion], as they went on their journey, and drew nigh unto the city, Peter went up upon the housetop to pray about the sixth hour:
    Cornelius stayed far up north in Caesarea. Three p.m. “the ninth hour” v.3 God instructed Cornelius to send for Peter.
    Cornelius (immediately) sent men to fetch Peter down far south in Joppa, Judea.
    The men from Caesarea were travelling all night and “in the morning” (‘tehi epaurion’) “neared the city” Joppa. As they have travelled all night, they must have been about two thirds of their way to Joppa to have reached Joppa after another six hours’ walk at the time that Peter had gone up onto the rooftop to pray, noon, the Hebrew “sixth hour”.

"preparation day": We agree that this is Friday, but you think Jesus was not buried on the same day as His crucifixion.
    Like there were two 'sabbaths' in Jesus' Last week, so they each had a 'Preparation'. And THAT'S where the pawpaw struck the fan and the splatter blinded the scholars who just can't accept the truth there were "the Preparation OF THE Passover" Christ was Crucified on, and after it, there FOLLOWED "when it had become Evening already and the Preparation which is the FORE-Sabbath and there came Joseph", who "That Selfsame Day the Preparation mid-afternoon the (Seventh Day) Sabbath nearing... closed the grave and went home... and also the women, THE TWO MARYS, who looked on how He was buried... went home and prepared spices"... from their passover stocks!

In your timeline, the stone is sealed on Saturday morning and the guards are posted on Saturday morning, and the stone is rolled away before sunset. This is incompatible with the alibi of the disciples coming by night while the guards slept.
    Matthew 28:13 KJV Saying, Say ye, His disciples came by night, and stole him away while we slept.
    "'...the alibi of the disciples coming by night while the guards slept???

See http://www.biblestudents.co.za/books...surrection.pdf p. 156

Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    The traditional thought was that Jesus was buried at sunset (sabbath) on Wednesday night and was in the grave three days thus he would then had to rise on Saturday night. ... Thoughts?
    I think something got lost in the tradition:

Mt 12:40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. ---not the grave!

What is the heart of the earth?

Jer 17:9 The heart [is] deceitful above all [things], and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Jesus was in the wickedness and deceitfulness of the earth for three days and three nights. He rose in the morning of the next day.

Count backwards and you come to the day that Judas made a deal to betray Jesus. I love it when a prophecy works out in great detail

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goatherd View Post
    Jesus was in the wickedness and deceitfulness of the earth for three days and three nights. He rose in the morning of the next day.

Count backwards and you come to the day that Judas made a deal to betray Jesus. I love it when a prophecy works out in great detail

So what day do you think he died?

And would you not think that it would be a full three days and a full three nights?

Thread Information