Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ESV Shock "Pastor" No Longer in the Bible!

Blog Entries

Re: ESV Shock "Pastor" No Longer in the Bible!

I watched it and a couple from this fellow.

Sounds like heís probably an old guy. Iím sure heís very sincere. And Iím sure like all KJVO folk that heís got a genuine concern about the Bible being corrupted. I donít doubt his salvation. Iím sure the grounding motive is all good.

However, he doesnít know the languages. Itís obvious listening to his. Try to pronounce Greek words. He doesnít understand textual transmission. He doesnít understand formal logic and fallacies.

He simply finds any difference between the KJV and any modern version, reads them and makes a few disparaging remarks about the new version with no explanation of why they differ. Awful videos.

In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity. - Rupertus Meldenius

Read your Bible and pray every single day. - Pastor Jon Courson

If your grace ain't greasier than a bucket full of chitlin's and gravy, you might be a legalist - an internet friend.

Blog Entries

Link me to the Word of God

The beautiful farm in the center of heaven!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    I didn't watch the vid either
    Thank you for your support Ken.
    Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TrustGzus View Post
    I watched it and a couple from this fellow.

Sounds like he’s probably an old guy. I’m sure he’s very sincere. And I’m sure like all KJVO folk that he’s got a genuine concern about the Bible being corrupted. I don’t doubt his salvation. I’m sure the grounding motive is all good.

However, he doesn’t know the languages. It’s obvious listening to his. Try to pronounce Greek words. He doesn’t understand textual transmission. He doesn’t understand formal logic and fallacies.

He simply finds any difference between the KJV and any modern version, reads them and makes a few disparaging remarks about the new version with no explanation of why they differ. Awful videos.
    “An ignorant man, who is not fool enough to meddle with his clock, is however sufficiently confident to think he can safely take to pieces, and put together at his pleasure, a moral machine of another guise, importance and complexity, composed of far other wheels, and springs, and balances, and counteracting and co-operating powers. Men little think how immorally they act in rashly meddling with what they do not understand. Their delusive good intention is no sort of excuse for their presumption. They who truly mean well must be fearful of acting ill.”

― Edmund Burke
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Old man View Post
    *** MOD NOTE ***

GenJesus, please start a thread in Chat to Moderators.

**** ModStaff Notice ****

REMINDER

GenJesus,
    Please start a new post in the Chat-to-Moderators subforum, before submitting any further posts.
    The ModStaff needs to have a discussion with you.

Thanks.

Thread Information