Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: What God Thinks Of Abortion..

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Re: What God Thinks Of Abortion..

Quote Originally Posted by jayne View Post
    There are the occasional and rare few times that I, as a Christian, would be very sad, but understand the need to terminate a pregnancy.

Here's just a few that I was made aware of in the past 30 years:
    • Twice, I've been made aware of the fact that an unborn baby had no head. Just a stump of the base of the brain. In one of those cases, the doctor was a Christian man who suffered emotionally as to how to tell the mother. One of his nurses was my friend and she told me. I never asked her how that turned out. I was too shocked and saddened.
    • An ectopic pregnancy [what we used to call back in the day a "tubal" pregnancy.] Yes a fetus can live and thrive outside the womb [I read of one baby born healthy attached outside the womb, not inside. But a tubal pregnancy will kill mother. A baby cannot develop inside the Fallopian tube without bursting the tube, obviously, and halting it's growth and development [dying] and causing the mother to bleed internally.

I do not believe in terminating a pregnancy because of rape or incest.

However, when I read of the case of the 9-year-old girl who was raped by her father and became pregnant in South America, my beliefs were shaken to the core . I still don't know what I would do in that case.

Adult women who have become pregnancy via rape and/or incest should have lots of counseling, lots of love, and lots of medial care if they choose to have the baby.

In those cases, the church and Christians should think of the mother just the same as they think of the baby.
    This is a powerful verse to hold onto:

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

God can make good of any "rape/incest" situation. Should the mother not want to keep the baby, there is a family willing, wanting or even needing and the birth can be a blessing.

The element missing from the entire scope of murdering a baby for "selfishness," is that God is NOT in the lives or He is not trusted in the lives of those supporting the murdering of babies for personal (not medical/life and death) reasons.
    Slug1--out

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Quote Originally Posted by jayne View Post
    There are the occasional and rare few times that I, as a Christian, would be very sad, but understand the need to terminate a pregnancy.

Here's just a few that I was made aware of in the past 30 years:
    • Twice, I've been made aware of the fact that an unborn baby had no head. Just a stump of the base of the brain. In one of those cases, the doctor was a Christian man who suffered emotionally as to how to tell the mother. One of his nurses was my friend and she told me. I never asked her how that turned out. I was too shocked and saddened.
    • An ectopic pregnancy [what we used to call back in the day a "tubal" pregnancy.] Yes a fetus can live and thrive outside the womb [I read of one baby born healthy attached outside the womb, not inside. But a tubal pregnancy will kill mother. A baby cannot develop inside the Fallopian tube without bursting the tube, obviously, and halting it's growth and development [dying] and causing the mother to bleed internally.

I do not believe in terminating a pregnancy because of rape or incest.

However, when I read of the case of the 9-year-old girl who was raped by her father and became pregnant in South America, my beliefs were shaken to the core . I still don't know what I would do in that case.

Adult women who have become pregnancy via rape and/or incest should have lots of counseling, lots of love, and lots of medial care if they choose to have the baby.

In those cases, the church and Christians should think of the mother just the same as they think of the baby.
    Was there ever life to begin with in these circumstances ? I don't know. My question was in response to the statement made that "circumstances where it's okay to end a LIFE apply equally to children as adults" . This is an odd statement that implies that there IS life and it's okay in certain situations to terminate it, both in adults and children. Or am I misreading ?

Quote Originally Posted by Aviyah View Post
    IMO the circumstances where it's okay to end a life apply equally to children as adults. The mother doesn't stop being a victim of circumstance just because she's given birth. Whether the situation is trivial or not, you're still killing a baby for reasons that have nothing to do with him/her.
    God commanded that innocent babies be killed in the time of ancient Israel, when they were commanded by God to destroy *all* the Canaanites and inherit the Promised Land. The taking of a human life is not the ultimate evil. The ultimate evil is defying the word of God.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    God commanded that innocent babies be killed in the time of ancient Israel, when they were commanded by God to destroy *all* the Canaanites and inherit the Promised Land. The taking of a human life is not the ultimate evil. The ultimate evil is defying the word of God.
    I don't have a problem with what happened in Canaan. What I'm saying is that all human life gets the same treatment. Either:

A) The born and unborn are morally equal, (all circumstances which condemn/justify abortion also apply to born children).
    B) The born and unborn are not morally equal, (then abortion for any reason is not murder).

If you say life begins at conception, then you can't also say it's okay to kill one child but not another using the same excuse.
    「耶和華聖潔無比,獨一無二,沒有磐石像我們的上帝。
    撒母耳記上 (1 Samuel) 2:2

I don't have a problem with what happened in Canaan. What I'm saying is that all human life gets the same treatment. Either:

A) The born and unborn are morally equal, (all circumstances which condemn/justify abortion also apply to born children).
    B) The born and unborn are not morally equal, (then abortion for any reason is not murder).

If you say life begins at conception, then you can't also say it's okay to kill one child but not another using the same excuse.
    You're grasping here. Can a child in the womb come against another with criminal intent ? Of course not. There are circumstances where defending life and limb justifies the taking of another life. This doesn't make abortion okay.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pbminimum View Post
    You're grasping here. Can a child in the womb come against another with criminal intent ? Of course not. There are circumstances where defending life and limb justifies the taking of another life. This doesn't make abortion okay.
    I'm not following. What's your disagreement with me?
    「耶和華聖潔無比,獨一無二,沒有磐石像我們的上帝。
    撒母耳記上 (1 Samuel) 2:2

I'm not following. What's your disagreement with me?
    My point is that there are none more innocent that the unborn.

Yea, thank God I don't have to make that judgment. I would err on the side of saving life. I don't know where the fetus' soul begins? Life most certainly exists in the fetus. But when it becomes an eternal soul I don't know?

It could be when air first fills the lungs, or it could exist from the time the egg is fertilized. I don't know. If you have reason for believing one or the other, please let me know!

when does life begin?

Quote Originally Posted by jaybird View Post
    when does life begin?
    at the moment of conception.

Quote Originally Posted by one_lost_coin View Post
    at the moment of conception.
    i didnt know the bible said that. i thought it began when we received our soul at first breath. why do we start counting our lifetime from birth and not conception?

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

i didnt know the bible said that. i thought it began when we received our soul at first breath. why do we start counting our lifetime from birth and not conception?
    What scripture would you use to support that a soul is received at the first breath?

Read all of Psalms and you will know that life is at conception. Then read some of the Books by the prophets and God reveals He forms and knows a person before conception (Jeremiah 1). When was Paul "set apart" for his ministry (Galatians 1).
    Slug1--out

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Blog Entries

Not to mention John the Baptist........and Jesus of course in the womb of their mothers....
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    What scripture would you use to support that a soul is received at the first breath?

Read all of Psalms and you will know that life is at conception. Then read some of the Books by the prophets and God reveals He forms and knows a person before conception (Jeremiah 1). When was Paul "set apart" for his ministry (Galatians 1).
    Genesis 2 7
    then the Lord God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature.

when do we start breathing?

what scripture would you use to support the soul is given at conception?

Genesis 2 7
    then the Lord God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature.

when do we start breathing?

what scripture would you use to support the soul is given at conception?
    Often it is mentioned that God has "foreknown" a prophet while he is still in the womb. But that is predictive. It doesn't say when the prophet actually becomes a human soul.

I think probably the closest thing to it for me is when I read that John the Baptist leaped in the womb when Elizabeth drew near Mary, who was pregnant with Jesus. The story always has me jumping!

Bottom line is: I don't know. It frightens me to think that when my 1st "potential child" came out a miscarriage, it could now be a soul in heaven. But I just don't know!

Thread Information